Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

There was a segment on MICHAEL this morning on Good Morning America.

I-Tunes Adverts will be up on i-tunes tonight in the US and Canada just after midnight I'm told.

I woke up this morning by the following info on my radio: "And this week Michael Jackson album debuted in number 7 in the UK charts".

I was half sleepy and thought "Debut in number 7... good"... and fell asleep again.

Later I thought I had dreamed of that :lol:

update I just got from youtube

#1 in 8 countries: Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, & Switzerland

#2 in Austria, Norway, Portugal, & Sweden

#3 in UK & Netherlands

#4 France & Finland

#6 in Australia

Wow! Michael is on the top 10 charts of 17 countries! :))

Aghh.. 'Michael' was #1 for a while at the Swedish Itunes chart but has been stucked on #2 for a time now..

I used to work in food retail. Do you know what was the best selling bread in our stores? The 'Finest', 'hand baked', 'fresh-in-store'? Nope! it was the cheap, tasteless, crap, that always had prime place at the front of the bread section.

That's like music in some ways. A lot of people have no tatse at all. Pile 'cheap', 'processed', 'reconstituted' rubbish in front of them and, with the right 'promotion', they will lap it up.

There really is no accounting for taste I'm afraid.

This is true, unfortunately. That and if it's a TV show, there are a lot of people who see it, and that in itself is promotion. That's why they always sell soundtracks to movies. People see a movie, then they want to hear the songs that played in the movie. Glee is teen showtunes. Teens and pre-teens like it just like they like Justin Beiber.

Michael will be out on iTunes in less than 4 hours now (if it goes on sale at midnight). There was no promotion at all though on iTunes as of 4 this afternoon. :(

Edit: I just saw what smooth wrote about promotion starting tonight. It should have started today, but at least there will be some. :)

one quick question:

since when apple iTune chart position became the "official chart"?

isn't iTune just one of many music vendors out there?

^ My Bad, it was the Early Show. I thought they were the same thing but now realize they are two different shows. Sorry about that.

:blink: is it me or is *Michael* not in the top 200 on itunes... I dont see it anywhere...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I can't find it either... I want Michael.

Damn, I've waiting all this time...and now, just as I was about to download the album.... it disappeared from Itunes

Haha, it's been on sale for 90 minutes, give it a few days.

246 ratings so far on iTunes, and it's got 4 1/2 stars. :D Make sure to rate it if you get it from there.

Michael # 9 (itunes US) & #17 Itunes Canada

Michael # 7 (Amazon.com) & #23 Amazon.ca

Go Michael....

R kelley's album was released today as well in US and it's already number 2 on ITUNES .I hope the controversy wont kill the album sales.

Guys take a chill pill...Sony forecasted that Itunes sales will only make 15% of first week sale.

60K on itunes vs 340K physical sales.

Initially, I wasn't planning on downloading from itunes, I only did so because i still haven't received my amazon pre-order.

:)

I have a feeling MJ fans buy much more physical cd's than digital music.

^ We do lol... I'm a "youngin" lol but I'm coping a physical CD (in relation to the Itunes one I have). There's just something about having it in your hands when it comes to MJ.

I think it will outsell 'Progress' in UK? It just keeps on #1 spot in HMV's cd's and it was also the #1 pre-order. You have to remember 'Progress' has only this weeks sales when 'Michael' has also all the pre-orders. I think it's also possible 'Hold My Hand' climbs to the Top 10? It keeps selling that well?

^ We do lol... I'm a "youngin" lol but I'm coping a physical CD (in relation to the Itunes one I have). There's just something about having it in your hands when it comes to MJ.

To me it's not about that physicality but just because I have all his music collection physical it would be weird not to buy the physical cd. I think that's also the reason why most of his fans but the cd, because most of his career there was no digital music around and the oldest fans don't even care about digitality still.

Back