Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

I hope there is a next single and I hope it does well but I've kinda just gave up on the album. Most people I know respect Michael and listen to his previous music but just can't bring themselves to buy it because they feel, as they say, "weird about it."

It doesn't mean any harm to his legacy. People just feel awkward that he's gone and yet music is still being released in his name.

Not being dramatic, just stating a fact. The album didn't even debut at number 1. It got beat by a computer backed studio artist (Taylor Swift) and a house wife (Susan Boyle). This week it drops 2 spots by being beat by said "artists", and 2 f*cking Xmas albums.

Also, the lack of promotion has not helped at all. I have not seen 1 TV ad, no advertising in stores, I haven't heard Hold My Hand on radio, and I have yet to see the album in stores. I had to order my copy online. That's BS!

I'll be amazed if this album can sell a couple million here in the states because right now, it's not doing shit

It didn't even debut nr 1 in the states an in the UK, in other countries it did. That's the difference from his earlier albums. I think it sucks and I also think this will be the "worst" (selling wise now) album of his so far, but let's just be clear about this. I know the who world is all about America and the UK, specially the music world. But more people live in other countries than in these two together. Put out a Taylor S or a Susan B in Sweden, India, China, South Africa, Brazil, whereever and see if that will make it to nr 1 in all of these countries. Michael is the only one, still today, and has always been, that can get nr 1 all over the world, there has never been any other artist that can do that.
So yes, it's disapointing, and it's not good, it's bad I would even say that he didn't make it to nr in the countires that we all seem to think matters, but it's still an album that is nr one around the world and if you count the whole world (and why shouldn't we?) is nr 1, it is the album that have sold the most the past weeks. Maybe some of us would take a nr in in the states and the uk than being nr on on the world chart ( I sometimes think I might...) but at the end of the day, the whole world sure counts way more than two countries.

Not being dramatic, just stating a fact. The album didn't even debut at number 1. It got beat by a computer backed studio artist (Taylor Swift) and a house wife (Susan Boyle). This week it drops 2 spots by being beat by said "artists", and 2 f*cking Xmas albums.

Also, the lack of promotion has not helped at all. I have not seen 1 TV ad, no advertising in stores, I haven't heard Hold My Hand on radio, and I have yet to see the album in stores. I had to order my copy online. That's BS!

I'll be amazed if this album can sell a couple million here in the states because right now, it's not doing shit

Don't know if you have heard of 'Take That', but there album is huge in the UK. They've done f*ck all with it in the US though - and MJ outsold them 'Worldwide' in the past two weeks. Perhaps you should tell the UK press, the TT fans, and their record company that 'Take That' are a "flop"?

They might laugh in your face though!

Michael is still top 5 all over the world. 'HMH' is still doing well in the singles charts (going up in some countries), and that is despite all the 'prophets of doom' on here. Once the 'Xmas' shite leaves the charts, you may even see 'Michael' moving back up - especially with another single release in January.

Take a chill pill buddy. It's a New Year of 'hope'!

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Rihanna - Loud
Def Jam - 521.000 - 1 week at No.1 - Largest Sales Increase

Michael Jackson - Michael
Epic - 502.000

Take That - Progress
Polydor - 441.000

Susan Boyle - The Gift
Syco Music / Columbia - 428.000

Not good.
I wanted first place

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Rihanna - Loud
Def Jam - 521.000 - 1 week at No.1 - Largest Sales Increase

Michael Jackson - Michael
Epic - 502.000

Take That - Progress
Polydor - 441.000

Susan Boyle - The Gift
Syco Music / Columbia - 428.000

Not good.
I wanted first place

I think your expectations are to high. The album is doing very well. In two weeks it has sold more than 1.2 million copies. No other artist has sold that much doing the christmas period. So please dont complain:clapping:

Like I said, unless you're 12, I do not get this point of view. What established artists are you seeing dominating the charts these days? Madonna and Rolling Stones aren't selling 1/2 of what Vince and Michael sold, but you're going on about MJ flopping? Are you serious?

Of course everyone wishes Michael was selling better, but considering all the bad press and bad promotion, it's doing alright for what it is. I just don't get when someone moans about an established artist not doing huge numbers.

So in two weeks Michael has sold about 1.2 million is that right? That sounds good especially in today's music world. I just read that Lady Gaga had the best selling album of 2010 and her album sold 5.8 million. We don't see these high numbers like we used to.

teddy riley tweeted this 2 days ago
TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY
@ @PentumMJ I WILL BE COME TOP OF THE YEAR. A SURPRISE IS ABOUT TO HIT. MJ SPECIAL!!!

I don't know what that means. I am not sure if he is talking about himself or Michael.

well a fan was asking about the mj stuff he was working on and this was his reply

Does anyone one have any idea about 1st week sales figures for China?
I know it wasnt released there until 24 Dec and I thought they were expecting huge sales.

If they release a 2nd single, they should slap one of the unreleased tracks along with it as a B-side, and actually allow it to be aired on radio. Something like Blue Gangsta or Slave To The Rhythm.

Or have we all been wrong, is not Michael as big in the UK as we thought? =(
yes we have all been wrong for 30 years.:smilerolleyes:

intresting about number ones. i guess the showings of TII over xmas on sky has contributed?

elusive moonwalker;3168894 said:
yes we have all been wrong for 30 years.:smilerolleyes:

intresting about number ones. i guess the showings of TII over xmas on sky has contributed?

Nope, discounted (3£) like many other albums (12) that are above MICHAEL.

People are eager to blame Sony, why should Sony even 'save' an album that's been sabotaged from the start by various people with conflicting interests, why should they 'save' an album that was wholly leaked at least a week to it's release.?
People have done a darn good job in making sure this album does not succeed, from the day it was announced. For the sake of my own nerves, I will not state the names of those people. Of course Sony sucked at the promotions, but it wasn't just the promotion but all the contributing factors, the media again did a darn good job in creating doubts in people's minds. Some don't even believe a line was sung by Jackson. Quiet frankly, I have my doubts, I have my concerns, but I sure know that Jackson did not deserve this kind of unfairly perception by the general public.
He didn't deserve to chart at #3 and then fall to be forgotten. Had this album sounded differently had it been put out by Jackson himself? Certainly! It would have sounded completely different, with different songs. But we have to be satisfied with what we get, we do not run his empire, we do not choose. With Jackson himself being no more, it's our duty to protect his legacy and support official releases. We as fans have to ensure this bit, Jackson lost his life in the process of making US happy, we could at least support official releases. I know that many of you went out there and bought the album, some probably even multiple times, including myself, but I also know that there are people among this very fan community who did not go out and buy, people who preferred to download the album and continue to rant about fake tracks, cast doubts in other ppl's minds.
I for one have made a vow to support each and every official release, regardless of what certain people have to say or rant about. I owe at least this much to Jackson.

pierpinto;3168926 said:
Nope, discounted (3£) like many other albums (12) that are above MICHAEL.

its been discounted for years over here

Just the UK holiday chaos with the low price boom. Next week will be a normal chart run.

"Michael" has sold worldwide at least the following so far:
- week #1: 734.000+
- week #2: 502.000+
- week #3: ?

Last edited:
People are eager to blame Sony, why should Sony even 'save' an album that's been sabotaged from the start by various people with conflicting interests, why should they 'save' an album that was wholly leaked at least a week to it's release.?
People have done a darn good job in making sure this album does not succeed, from the day it was announced. For the sake of my own nerves, I will not state the names of those people. Of course Sony sucked at the promotions, but it wasn't just the promotion but all the contributing factors, the media again did a darn good job in creating doubts in people's minds. Some don't even believe a line was sung by Jackson. Quiet frankly, I have my doubts, I have my concerns, but I sure know that Jackson did not deserve this kind of unfairly perception by the general public.
He didn't deserve to chart at #3 and then fall to be forgotten. Had this album sounded differently had it been put out by Jackson himself? Certainly! It would have sounded completely different, with different songs. But we have to be satisfied with what we get, we do not run his empire, we do not choose. With Jackson himself being no more, it's our duty to protect his legacy and support official releases. We as fans have to ensure this bit, Jackson lost his life in the process of making US happy, we could at least support official releases. I know that many of you went out there and bought the album, some probably even multiple times, including myself, but I also know that there are people among this very fan community who did not go out and buy, people who preferred to download the album and continue to rant about fake tracks, cast doubts in other ppl's minds.
I for one have made a vow to support each and every official release, regardless of what certain people have to say or rant about. I owe at least this much to Jackson.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It`s strange though that Michael didn`t do well in UK,i mean after his death the sales were great

Danish Chart

Michael is #4 again this week.

HMH is #7 (up 2 places - #9 last weeke)

Bit album chart

Michael #1 (for the 3rd week)

HMH #10 new peak! (last week #16)

Source: www.hitlisten.nu - the official danish chart site!

Truth.

Back