Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

HMH great song - great choice. Will be a hit. Smart move by SONY and the Estate.

Much too Soon is great- and from what we've heard it is no doubt 100 % MJ.

The family said there was 7 no doubt MJ songs on the album - wonder what 2 songs they think is not MJ, we know BN to be the third.

Last edited:
I've always loved Hold My Hand..of course, I wanted to hear more Michael vocals, but Michael's spirit is so strong in what we do hear, it just makes it all better! I can't wait to hear this new one, with MORE MJ vocals! :wild: It makes me so happy to know that he wanted this song to be released on his next album, and that his wishes are being respected....Feels like he's hear with us, supporting this...

Those have to admit that HMH at first was a "grower" the song grew on most of us.. I remember the lack of excitement on hearing Akon and kinda got hatted on until a day or two when (knowing us) after hundreds of listened to's over and over we fell in love.. haha

I find it funny how so many die hard fans were so against Hold My Hand as a single, yet we find now it was Michael's dying wish that it was not only on the album, but a single, and not only a single, but the first single.

I think most of us were only against it orginally because the leaked version was really Akon ft. Michael, but if it's been finalized with more Michael I think we'll all be happy to have it out there first.

I'm surprised Michael asked for this to be the first single, especially considering it had already leaked and it hadn't appeared on Akon's "Freedom."

I'm throwing a hissy fit if we don't get "Place With No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" on the next album.

:timer:

Do anyone know which songs MJ wrote himself or co wrote?

Love the announcement and can't wait to see how this is actually promoted.

It is amazing that song titles are indicative of how good or bad a song is. Wow some of you are more musically inclined than Michael ever was.

Though it pains me to say this, a part of me hopes that the next announcement will be that the Estate plans to no longer do anything new in regards to Michael. Everything has been about moaning and groaning that it was not the way some think that Michael would have done it. It is getting old. This shouldn't be a fight every step of the way. When you have people complaining about songs they have never even heard, then you know that nothing will please. So, hopefully the estate will decide that nothing is best.

Does anyone know when each of these tracks were recorded?

Hold My Hand - 2007
Breaking News and Monster - 2010
Another Day and The Way You Love Me - 2000
Much Too Soon - Between 1981 and 1993

HMH great song - great choice. Will be a hit. Smart move by SONY and the Estate.

Much too Soon is a Cascio track - and from what we've heard it is no doubt 100 % MJ. So maybe we should not be too worried about the Cascio songs.

The family said there was 7 no doubt MJ songs on the album - wonder what 2 songs they think is not MJ, we know BN to be the third.
According to what's been said (like by Cascio-buddy RF), the Cascio tracks are BN, Monster and Keep Your Head Up. As far as we know, Much Too Soon is an MJ track from the 80's (of course he could've re-recorded it at some point, though). The MTS snippet leaked and it's definitely Michael, yeah. It's the other 3 that are... :doh: nevermind...

Those have to admit that HMH at first was a "grower" the song grew on most of us.. I remember the lack of excitement on hearing Akon and kinda got hatted on until a day or two when (knowing us) after hundreds of listened to's over and over we fell in love.. haha

I'll admit that I loved this song from the start. If Akon was good enough for Michael, then he was fine with me. Michael's choice.

I wonder if we will get a copy of the note written by Michael. He must have liked that song a lot.

Much too Soon is a Cascio track - and from what we've heard it is no doubt 100 % MJ. So maybe we should not be too worried about the Cascio songs.

Is this right? I thought it was recorded in the 80s.... perhaps I'm wrong.

I think die hard fans (for a large portion) are getting way too overly stressed about this.. While millions of people are just going to buy the album because of enjoyable MJ music.. But we have to disect every little issue, every little problem, every little thing.. We take the cover and zoom into things and ask WHY they put prince symbol? (I dont like it) but do u really think the millions are going to care? or even prolly notice??

some want to boycott the album because of "Cascio" tracks while we only heard 1 and a sample.. and the sample is MAGIC!!

People are going to love the music and let people enjoy it.. shiz!! They don't care about the politics...

Wasn't Thriller 25 the second best selling album the yr it was released?? jsut remixes and same old stuff?? OK then.. MICHAEl album has all ready more pre orders than most albums do sell in total now days..

ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE if you ask me.. Enjoy the tracks that you fall in love for.. and if you have beef with a track.. hit the SKIP botton.. SIMPLE!

I think die hard fans (for a large portion) are getting way too overly stressed about this.. While millions of people are just going to buy the album because of enjoyable MJ music.. But we have to disect every little issue, every little problem, every little thing.. We take the cover and zoom into things and ask WHY they put prince symbol? (I dont like it) but do u really think the millions are going to care? or even prolly notice??

some want to boycott the album because of "Cascio" tracks while we only heard 1 and a sample.. and the sample is MAGIC!!

People are going to love the music and let people enjoy it.. shiz!! They don't care about the politics...

Wasn't Thriller 25 the second best selling album the yr it was released?? jsut remixes and same old stuff?? OK then.. MICHAEl album has all ready more pre orders than most albums do sell in total now days..

ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE if you ask me.. Enjoy the tracks that you fall in love for.. and if you have beef with a track.. hit the SKIP botton.. SIMPLE!

Fake Magic.

According to what's been said (like by Cascio-buddy RF), the Cascio tracks are BN, Monster and Keep Your Head Up. As far as we know, Much Too Soon is an MJ track from the 80's (of course he could've re-recorded it at some point, though). The MTS snippet leaked and it's definitely Michael, yeah. It's the other 3 that are... :doh: nevermind...

It's really getting old. But if you feel the need to continue to discuss this issue ad nauseum, could you at least do it in its rightful thread so that others can enjoy this time?

Much Too Soon is not a Cascio track. I believe it was originally recorded in 1981 -- it was mentioned by Michael in the 1993 deposition. :)

Much too soon isn't a Cascio track. It was written by Michael.

No I was wrong. My bad. Sorry. :(

Fake Magic.

The Much Too Soon snippet we've heard was not fake! Pure MJ. - If it was MTS you are talking about. :lol:

Much Too Soon is not a Cascio track. I believe it was originally recorded in 1981 -- it was mentioned by Michael in the 1993 deposition. :)

I was wrong then. Thanks for this info. I'll go see the '93 deposition again.

Don't like it.. hit the SKIP botton! and continue to what you like

Breaking News, Monster, Keep your head up out, DYKWYCA, Lovely Way and Xscape in and I will be happy.

BTW, didn't Mark Ronson say Lovely way is definitely in? I'm a bit disappointed it isn't.

I give up. Nevermind... -delete-

Last edited:
JW: Are people here thinking BN is NO MJ at all or portions or what?? just to clear up.. cuz from the sound of it, none of u believe NONE of it is Michael.. am I wrong?

I'm so stoked for this, I can't wait! :dancin:

I am also!!

And to all the other ones, it's a shame...
In here are some ungrateful B**TARDS!!

Sorry, but i've no other Words! And the worst thing is, that You're destroying the excitement for the normal people in here!

I'm throwing a hissy fit if we don't get "Place With No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" on the next album.

I think Blue Gangsta is probably going to be a very similar edit to Gangsta, so not missing too much there. I hope that Way That You Love Me is going to be longer than the version we have or a different version than what we have. It is one of my favorite MJ songs of all time, but I have it already on the UC. On The Line was different edit than On The Line released years before it so here is hoping.

Totally shocked and surprised to hear Behind the Mask finally. I hope that one day we get to hear a version of So Shy that Michael wrote for Bill Wolfer in the 80s around the same time as Behind The Mask was recorded by Eric Clapton.

Does anyone have a snippet to the Cascio tracks?

I hope the other Cascio tracks sound more like MJ than BN. - Even though I do think it IS MJ on BN.

Back