Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

JW: Are people here thinking BN is NO MJ at all or portions or what?? just to clear up.. cuz from the sound of it, none of u believe NONE of it is Michael.. am I wrong?

There's dozens of different opinions (maybe more!) and now there are separate threads for discussion of those opinions. I think there are a lot of different thoughts on it but I hope we can still discuss the tracklist here regardless.

It's really getting old. But if you feel the need to continue to discuss this issue ad nauseum, could you at least do it in its rightful thread so that others can enjoy this time?

Much Too Soon is not a Cascio track. I believe it was originally recorded in 1981 -- it was mentioned by Michael in the 1993 deposition. :)
I guess that part about loving HMH & Much Too Soon and be excited about hearing real Michael tracks just flew right by again, sigh. ;) And last time I checked this was a thread about the tracklist, so I think we can discuss the tracklist and what it contains (the good and the bad and the implications of such). I can't wait to hear the full Another Day, Behind The Mask, HMH, etc. And I can be just as unhappy about other tracks if I want.

Last edited:
I think Blue Gangsta is probably going to be a very similar edit to Gangsta, so not missing too much there. I hope that Way That You Love Me is going to be longer than the version we have or a different version than what we have. It is one of my favorite MJ songs of all time, but I have it already on the UC. On The Line was different edit than On The Line released years before it so here is hoping.

Totally shocked and surprised to hear Behind the Mask finally. I hope that one day we get to hear a version of So Shy that Michael wrote for Bill Wolfer in the 80s around the same time as Behind The Mask was recorded by Eric Clapton.

Somewhere in the 2000 Watts forum someone made a fan-made version of a Blue Gangsta snippet, and I listen to that all the time! I

JW: Are people here thinking BN is NO MJ at all or portions or what?? just to clear up.. cuz from the sound of it, none of u believe NONE of it is Michael.. am I wrong?

I think everyone agrees that some parts are MJ.

I don't think anyone thinks MJ is not in the song at all.

I think die hard fans (for a large portion) are getting way too overly stressed about this.. While millions of people are just going to buy the album because of enjoyable MJ music.. But we have to disect every little issue, every little problem, every little thing.. We take the cover and zoom into things and ask WHY they put prince symbol? (I dont like it) but do u really think the millions are going to care? or even prolly notice??

some want to boycott the album because of "Cascio" tracks while we only heard 1 and a sample.. and the sample is MAGIC!!

People are going to love the music and let people enjoy it.. shiz!! They don't care about the politics...

Wasn't Thriller 25 the second best selling album the yr it was released?? jsut remixes and same old stuff?? OK then.. MICHAEl album has all ready more pre orders than most albums do sell in total now days..

ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE if you ask me.. Enjoy the tracks that you fall in love for.. and if you have beef with a track.. hit the SKIP botton.. SIMPLE!

If you mean the sample of monster, I agree, it's sounds amazing to me. I can't wait to hear this song!!

yay! It's nice to wake up to some exciting news!!! I can't wait!

The only problem is I'll be on vacation next week in Barcelona and I probably won't have an opportunity to listen to the song until I am back. Unless there's going to be a short film and I'll catch it on TV.

I love Blue Gangsta too. Have it on my mp3 player, lol. Maybe someone will answer by the time this posts, but like someone else asked... who wrote Behind The Mask? I remember reading the title so many times in the unreleased tracks lists, but can't remember if MJ wrote it or not. Just curious.

From wikipedia:

"Behind The Mask" (Ryuichi Sakamoto, Chris Mosdell, Michael Jackson) (4:48)

Pulse is the title of the second solo album from session keyboardist Greg Phillinganes. Released in 1984, the album included what is perhaps Phillinganes' best-known solo "hit," a cover of Japanese synth-pop band Yellow Magic Orchestra's song, "Behind the Mask," with additional lyrics by Michael Jackson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_(the_album)

From wikipedia:

"Behind The Mask" (Ryuichi Sakamoto, Chris Mosdell, Michael Jackson) (4:48)

Pulse is the title of the second solo album from session keyboardist Greg Phillinganes. Released in 1984, the album included what is perhaps Phillinganes' best-known solo "hit," a cover of Japanese synth-pop band Yellow Magic Orchestra's song, "Behind the Mask," with additional lyrics by Michael Jackson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_(the_album)
:punk: Rock on, thanks :)

Akon is on the album because MJ wanted him to be so.

AKON was good enough for MJ - so I believe that should be fine for us.

Ugh why is Akon on this album too :/
LOL, I love HMH. And this one is supposed to be less Akon and more Michael. I think HMH is a great choice for a single right now - the holiday season is a perfect time for this song. Well, anytime is a perfect time for MJ, but... :cheeky:

Can't wait to hear the newwer version of "Hold My Hand", it's going to be awesome! :) I think it's a good, and kinna catchy with a simple meaning to it. Like someone said, good for these holidays coming up, and all the togetherness of families in this season. Wooo~ Besides, I LOVELOVE his voice in this song, and to hear more of it, would be great.

AHH! "Another Day" and "Much Too Soon" is on there too.... how epic.

I'm satisfied enough with the tracklist. "Another Day," "Much Too Soon" and "Behind the Mask" make it all worth it to me. :)

But at the same time I do realize that this is probably going to be different because Michael's not here to have a say in it. It's not going to be the same. Still, I think I can say I'm looking forward to the album again.

As much as I love The Way You Love Me I must admit I'm a tad disapointed as it was released on the TUC 6 years ago. It'll be nice to hear it tweaked though. And Much Too Soon, I am sooooooo looking forward to hearing this :heart: :heart:

Akon comments, “The world was not ready to hear ‘Hold My Hand’ when it leaked a couple years ago. We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I’m so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols.”
Isn't anyone else afraid that this song has been finished by a fake vocalist too? Well, we'll see that on Monday. :bugeyed

Reactions: Bee
Great.... I'm not going to buy the album if the weak hold my hand is the first single and if that fake breaking news song is on the album. Stuff you $ony.

guys there will obv be bonas tracks etc, so al say we will eventually get 2-4 more tracks

I hope they release a special edition in june or july with 2-3 new songs. And these new songs should be released as singles too. That way they could keep focus on the album for a year.

Much Too Soon released around june 25th or August 29th.

(I like) The way you love me; do you think it´s the same song as on Ultimate Collection, or a brand new one? If it´s the same I don´tunderstand why they would put it on this album because I think it was a finished recorded version on TUC, wasn´t it? Let´s hope it´s a different song.

Great.... I'm not going to buy the album if the weak hold my hand is the first single and if that fake breaking news song is on the album. Stuff you $ony.

LOL :lol:

That's the dumbest post EVER !!! :puke::doh::eek::tease: LOL

So think about this - before Thriller is released people hear a demo of TGIM don't like it and goes - OK, if that's the first single I'm NOT going to buy the album! HAHA :lol: STUPID ...

MJ himself has reportedly asked for HMH to be the lead single. MJ should have left behind a note/letter with that request.

TGIM was a "weak" first single - that was MJ's choice NOT SONY's
HMH is a good first single - that was MJ's choice NOT SONY's

Snap out of this HATE SONY thing you've going on.

I hope they release a special edition in june or july with 2-3 new songs. And these new songs should be released as singles too. That way they could keep focus on the album for a year.

Much Too Soon released around june 25th or August 29th.

I doubt there will be bonus tracks, the estate will want to fill as many albums as possible.As for a special edition i don't think we will see one for quite some time.Saying that, a special edition of invincible with a couple of new tracks would be nice!

I too hope (I like) The way you love me is a different song than the one already released.

LOL :lol:

That's the dumbest post EVER !!! :puke::doh::eek::tease: LOL

So think about this - before Thriller is released people hear a demo of TGIM don't like it and goes - OK, if that's the first single I'm NOT going to buy the album! HAHA :lol: STUPID ...

MJ himself has reportedly asked for HMH to be the lead single. MJ should have left behind a note/letter with that request.

TGIM was a "weak" first single - that was MJ's choice NOT SONY's
HMH is a good first single - that was MJ's choice NOT SONY's

Snap out of this HATE SONY thing you've going on.

I just can't stop loving you wasn't the strongest of the Bad album either and it was the first single.

But I think Another day should be the second single sometime in January.

I doubt there will be bonus tracks, the estate will want to fill as many albums as possible.As for a special edition i don't think we will see one for quite some time.Saying that, a special edition of invincible with a couple of new tracks would be nice!

I really hope they make a special edition for Invincible. And lot's of promotion like the T25 campaign. People has to know about Vince. It's such a great album.

BUT - let's not make this another Vince thread. :lol: I just liked your idea.

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) - heard it, should be better now with more mj and it sounds like mike

2. Hollywood Tonight - no doubt this is prob a song about the lifes of ppl in hollywood

3. Keep Your Head Up - SKIP

4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me - seems to me like it will be a diff song

5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent) - tht snipped didnt sound like mj,but will be interesting

6. Best Of Joy - no clue on this

7. Breaking News - tainted song tbh

8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz) - this will be a exciting track

9. Behind The Mask - will love this!!!!

10. Much Too Soon - excited for this, prob will make me cry lol

bonus tracks????

Back