Official MJJC Support Thread - Japanese Tsunami

Breaking News on orf.at:

Cooling systems in reactor 5 and 6 at Fukushima not working properly.

Somebody make this stop.

Radioactivity leaking from reactor 4. Source: http://derstandard.at

Last edited:
God be with Japanese people. This is the worst that could have happened. This is trifecta: earthquake, tsunami, nuclear disaster. No match, to what we have seen so far. I don't trust news, nor government briefing. They don't report live-feed as it is, because they want to avoid panic (report 10%, but hide 90% of real problem). Radiation is the worst, has no way around it, radioactive material is on the air. God, help them. This is terrible. I have been following news since it started, I am lost of words. I can only donate, and pray for now.

Japan's Prime Minister Naoto Kan sharply criticised the operators of the Fukushima power plant. "TV reports an explosion. But nobody tells the office of the Prime anything for an hour".

Source: http://derstandard.at via Kyodo

My opinion on why the US sent them the USS Ronald Reagan - not only to help, but to make their own measurements.

Edit: Tsunami damage outside of Japan: Hawaii and California: millions of dollars of damage, at least 40 million in California.

Edit II: An expert (from the Atomic institue in Austria, if that's what it's called in English) was asked on our news yesterday - "My 10 year old son asked me today why we don't just shut down all nuclear power plants worldwide". The answer involved something about how economies of some countries depend on it, but all in all he didn't have an answer. Nothing a 10 year old would understand anyway. Nothing I understand. "So Daddy, he said it's about money? But there are people dying" ... that's what my 10 year old inner child thinks anyway.

Last edited:
This is a quick update, as I'm really busy at the moment.
I'm translating everything myself, so there may be spelling mistakes (and more than 1)

The Japanese press office Kyode informs that problems with the cooling system in two additional reactors of the fukushima nuclear plant have arisen. The news has been confirmed by the cabinet of the Japanese premier.

That brings the total number of reactors with serious problems to five.

According to the private secretary Yudio Edano, reactor number 2 worries them the most, because the sheath protection got damaged due to the most recent explosion this night.

Apparently, there are still 50 employees present, but they do not succeed in pumping sea water in reactor number two.

The Japanese government also admits now that the radioactivity which escapes from the nuclear plant, is of a level which is detrimental for the population.

It seems that engineers on the fukushima site have given up hope to get the cooling system of reactor 2 repaired.

750 of the 800 employees have withdrawn themselves from the nuclear plant because the radiation level is too high: 400 millieseverts per hour (at a certain moment it even reached 596). To make a comparisation, this is the level where you get down the maximum yearly allowed amount ( for employees in nuclear plants.) in only 7 minutes time

75 minutes exhibition to that level of radition leads to acute radiation sickness.

Even an exhibition to 100 millieseverts during such a short period leads to infertility.

in the meantime, a black, radioactive rain threatens the Japanese capital Tokio for the coming hours, after a new explosion in the nuclear plant of Fukushima.

The fire which occurred briefly in engine 4 of the nuclear plant has been extinguished indeed, but the worries concerning the impact of the nuclear calamity increases.

That brings the total number of reactors with serious problems to five.

They can't count. It's all six.

Reactor 1: Explosion March 12
Reactor 2: Explosion March 15
Reactor 3: Explosion March 14 (that's also the most dangerous one with the plutonium rods)
Reactor 4: Fire March 15
Reactor 5: Cooling system not working properly
Reactor 6: Cooling system not working properly

That's all 6 reactors of Fukushima I. "Not working properly" - we know what that means ...

I just read on Wikipedia ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_Fukushima_I#Reaktorblock_1 in German) that reactor 4 - 6 were out of order before the earthquake for maintenance. Hadn't heard that before.

Does anybody know for how long the rods have to be cooled after shutting down a reactor? I'm not sure, I think I heard a couple of days ago it's years. But I didn't pay enough attention, so I'm not sure. So if someone knows or hears something or can google that (I tried, so far I couldn't find anything, probably using the wrong words), please post it.

Edit: Breaking news on orf.at - Chancellor Merkel just announced in Berlin that all 7 nuclear power plants that were built before 1980 will be shut down temporarily.

How about "forever"? And if I remember correctly, Germany has 17 nuclear power plants.

http://www.brandonsun.com/world/bre...ratorium-on-nuclear-plan-117994779.html?thx=y

Last edited:
Germany for example buys a lot of power being generated in Eastern Europe, specifically Poland (and guess what??? nuclear power plants)

I really don't want to comment on this anymore, but I missed this yesterday ... that can't be right, there are no nuclear power plants in Poland. They are planning one though.

Edit: Breaking news on orf.at: Radioactivity too high for workers, they have to leave (which means no one is left to control this thing anymore).

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFLDE72E1HX20110315
"France's ASN nuclear safety authority said on Tuesday the nuclear accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co's Fukushima Daiichi plant could now be classed as level six out of an international scale of one to seven."

Tschernobyl was the highest level, which is 7.

Last edited:
I’m Japanese.
All Japanese people are very sad.

thank you your Support!

aki.jp;3296231 said:
I’m Japanese.

thank you your Support!

Thank you for your post. Where in Japan do you live?

I just read that the problems in reactor 5 and 6 were caused by a mistake by the operator. I don't know how to translate the technical terms. But they turned something off by mistake which caused the stop of the supply of cooling water. Which then led to the total exposure of the rods.

Edit: Austrian embassy was relocated from Tokyo to Osaka. I bet they know why ...

Last edited:
Bae Yong Jun, the biggest Korean star (a.k.a. Yonsama in Japan) donated approximately 900,000 US dollars for the victims. The Salvation army is now back in Seoul. I'm so moved by people willing to help. hope everyone in Japan stay strong.

I'd never thought Japan is my neighbor, even though I live in a country near it.
Watching news about people from many countries are helping, I'm like learning what the word 'Global Village' means.

Yeah.. Serious and scary news is still going on, but I feel like there's still hope.
I'm just hoping as many people can be saved as possible.

Sending out major love and support to the Japanese people and everyone else affected by this tragedy. Be strong, will keep you all in my prayers. :angel:

... To me, I don't know how one can have too much hope left when walking among thousands of human and animal corpses floating around.. and living in fear for what it looks like a major nuclear disaster similar to the Chernobyl one in the '80's... Yes, hope dies last, and there are survivers among the ruins who may have wished not to survive...

I'm sorry, but it's hard to be hopeful in cases like that...Nothing can possibly ever change the fact that thousands of people and animals have perished, that thousands, no millions of people there are directly affected by that, and that thousands of people are missing... This whole nuclear plants thing is horrendous, it's aimed for genocide, and I don't care how this sounds, as well as I don't care how much cheaper the electric power may be because of the existence of nuclear plants, they are one of the world's worst inventions/creations ever. And it is man who is destroying this earth day by day with all the wars they make for money, the thefts and lies they do and say on a large scale, the control they have, the many huge events they are governing and monitoring, and I won't even claim this recent Japan disaster was man-provoked, I'm saying that.. well, I don't even know what I'm saying, I don't...

There are breaking news again, but I don't really know how to translate them and don't exactly know what they mean (not even in German). Something about a "reservoir" in reactor 4 for used up rods that can't be filled with water anymore, Tepco announced this. Which can cause further escalation.

Not sure what they mean by "used up rods".

Does anybody know for how long the rods have to be cooled after shutting down a reactor? I'm not sure, I think I heard a couple of days ago it's years. But I didn't pay enough attention, so I'm not sure. So if someone knows or hears something or can google that (I tried, so far I couldn't find anything, probably using the wrong words), please post it.

Sorry for quoting myself ... I have the answer now. I emailed Greenpeace Austria today, and got a reply just a few hours later from a very nice lady. She (or Greenpeace) is not responsible for my post though and for the mistakes that I might make:

If you shut down a reactor, a "controlled" cooling of the rods is a highly complicated and long process that can take up to one year in extreme cases. It has to happen slowly and carefully, water vapor that is produced by cooling the rods with water has to be released to avoid high pressure. In any case the cooling takes a couple of weeks. Danger decreases as soon as it is shut down though. The problem with materials that still emit radioactivity for many, many years and the unsolved problem of atomic waste still persist.

She also gave me the link to this interview:

http://www.news.at/articles/1111/17/291444/brennstaebe-atom-experte-helmut-rauch-interview

It's in German. The expert talks about Fukushima. He says that the core has to be cooled for weeks, the heat loses about 2 % of its capacity per day.

Hi everyone,

an udate from the news here :

In the city of Koriyama (50 km from Fukushima) large scale tests are being conducted on the population for radiation. 350 000 people live there.

Reactors 4 and 2 : the "supression pool" (not sure if the word is correct : it's like a pool, at the bottom of the reactor, where the water is. From this "pool" the water is then injected into the reactor to cool it). Both supression pools have been damaged, TEPCO are going to pour water on the reactors from helicopters to cool them. According to an expert on the set, it shows the situation is desperate and out of control.

Due to the very high levels of radioactivity (breach in the shell of reactor nr 2) , most staff had to leave, it is extremely difficult for the remaing staff to handle the situation in reactor nr 2.

The IRSN has issued 2 press releases today, I'll read them and translate.

Thanks to all those who have given updates.

I think we should take a moment to understand/honor those who stayed behind. CNN http://www.cnn.com/ reported that all plant employees have been evacuated, except for a "handful." Some people are still needed their to keep the pumps going, monitor the situation, and so on. Do you realize that ALL LIKELY WILL DIE, and they KNOW it? They are being subjected to high levels of radiation. They are sacrificial in that sense, and are giving their lives to try to prevent an even worse disaster (whether or not they will be successful. . we just don't know.) The same thing happened at Chernobyl, where the fire crews that went in KNEW they would not survive. And they didn't. . . .

I think that we should take a moment to honor the courage of these people, ok?

aki.jp;3296231 said:
I’m Japanese.

thank you your Support!

dangerous2000watts;3296261 said:
helping, I'm like learning what the word 'Global Village' means..

I feel so so bad, and sorry.

We are one global village. I am far from Japan, we can not feel the way feel today, but I feel we are all Japanese tonight.

This will not affect only Japan.

:better: :better:

Most French media are leaving Tokyo or Japan.

The French embassy is saying that Tokyo should be safe within the next 48 hours thanks to the weather conditions, but they are still advising to leave the area.

They are using a plane that brought French rescue help to fly back to France french people who live in the north of Japan.

http://www.ambafrance-jp.org/ (in french and japanese)

Thanks to all those who have given updates.

I think we should take a moment to understand/honor those who stayed behind. CNN http://www.cnn.com/ reported that all plant employees have been evacuated, except for a "handful." Some people are still needed their to keep the pumps going, monitor the situation, and so on. Do you realize that ALL LIKELY WILL DIE, and they KNOW it? They are being subjected to high levels of radiation. They are sacrificial in that sense, and are giving their lives to try to prevent an even worse disaster (whether or not they will be successful. . we just don't know.) The same thing happened at Chernobyl, where the fire crews that went in KNEW they would not survive. And they didn't. . . .

I think that we should take a moment to honor the courage of these people, ok?

I'm too tired at the moment to look for exact numbers ... but I think at Tschernobyl hundreds (and more) workers - including "cleaning crews" or whatever you want to call them that worked there for quite some time after the disaster - died. Not right away though. What I also remember is that they didn't even know that they were in danger. Don't ask me how this is possible. And what their government must have told them.

All the workers that stayed at Fukushima in the last couple of days and especially now are in huge danger. I've thought about them a lot in the last days.

The French embassy updated their website, further to recommendations from the IRSN. They are now advising to leave Tokyo, and, whenever possible, come back to France. They say that is to help the authorities in case the situation gets worse.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,14911953,00.html

"Meanwhile, stocks in renewable energy companies soared. Shares in the German solar power group Conergy rocketed up by a staggering 90 per cent before retreating to gains of about 66 percent.

German wind energy company Nordex and solar giant SolarWorld both rose roughly 18 percent, with trading volumes exceeding six times their 90-day average."

Sorry for not posting any updates, I've had an incredibly busy day today.

The Belgian newspaper decided to broadcast live, not by using videos but they will post every new update from the minute something happens.

Now, I know most of you don't understand dutch, but I've added Google translation tool to the website, which means that Google automatically translates every update in English.

The translation is certainly not perfect, but you'll get somehow what they are saying and it will keep you all up to date.

The latest update is from 9 minutes ago.

"Live: the situation in Japan minute by minute"

Latest update from the IRSN (3 30 pm CET)

http://www.irsn.fr/FR/Actualites_pr...isme-Japon_Point-situation-15032011-15h30.pdf in french.

I apologise for the bad English. I have never been good at translating, and with all the technical stuff... And I'm tired and upset by all this, it doesn't help.

Very high output / flow from reactors 1 2 3. The latest measures show very high radioactivity around the site. The site has been evacuated, only the people involved with the incident have stayed. Their working conditions have probably become extremely difficult.

There are still radioactive flow / output from reactors 1 and 3 , due to voluntary depressurisations.
Since the protective shell of reactor nr 2 has been damaged, the IRSN estimates that the radioactive flow / output coming from this reactor could be permanent.

Reactor nr 1 : partial meltdown of the core. The core is still partially out of water, in spite of sea water injections. The shell is intact. De pressurisations are regularly done.

Reactor nr 2 : partial meltdown on March 14th at 8pm JST. IAEA estimates that 5% of the core is damaged. Seawater injections are supposedly done to manitain the core under water. The damaged shell implies direct leaks into the environment.

Reactor nr 3 : partial meltdown of the core. The core is still partially out of water, in spite of sea water injections. The shell is intact. Depressurisations are regularly done.

Reactor nr 4 : there was a fire and an explosion. The fire was supposedly in a pool for used fuel, located on the top of the building. The IRSN can not estimate at this stage the consequences. A direct leak of radioactive material can not be excluded.

Reactors 5 and 6 : the pools for used fuel are unusually hot. They are maintained under water.

Fukushima 2 (Daini)

All 4 reactors have reached normal shutdown. «*cold shutdown*»

Onagawa and Tokai :
There is nothing special to mention.

Edit, personal notes :

Things seem to get better at Fukushima 2, Daini. It sounds like that this one is now "safe".

But Fukushima 1 seems out of control. 3 meltdowns, 2 cores (maybe 3) partially out the water, 1 shell is damaged (with a meltdown inside) , reactor 4 might be leaking highly radioactive material, and in 5 and 6 used fuel is heating, which could lead to the same thing that happened to 4.

Last edited:
<style>@font-face { font-family: "Courier New"; }@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Wingdings"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h1 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 24pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-weight: bold; }h2 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 18pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-weight: bold; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }span.Heading1Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }span.Heading2Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }span.byline { }p.photocredit, li.photocredit, div.photocredit { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }ol { margin-bottom: 0in; }ul { margin-bottom: 0in; }</style> http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_n...d-reactors-in-fukushima-have-23-sisters-in-us

General Electric-designed reactors in Fukushima have 23 sisters in U.S.

By Bill Dedman
Investigative Reporter, msnbc.com
The General Electric-designed nuclear reactors involved in the Japanese emergency are very similar to 23 reactors in use in the United States, according to Nuclear Regulatory Commission records.
The NRC database of nuclear power plants shows that 23 of the 104 nuclear plants in the U.S. are GE boiling-water reactors with GE's Mark I systems for containing radioactivity, the same containment system used by the reactors in trouble at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant. The U.S. reactors are in Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Vermont.

In addition, 12 reactors in the U.S. have the later Mark II or Mark III containment system from GE. These 12 are in Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington state. See the full list below.

Msnbc.com sent questions Saturday to GE, asking whether the Japanese reactors differed from those of the same general design used in the U.S.

A GE spokesman, Michael Tetuan, referred all questions to the Nuclear Energy Institute, an industry trade and lobbying group. Tetuan said GE nuclear staff members in Wilmington, N.C., are focused on assisting GE employees in Japan and standing by to help the Japanese authorities if asked to help. The NEI on Sunday confirmed that the figure of 23 is correct.

Update: On Monday, GE Hitachi Nuclear sent the following statement, in full: "The BWR Mark 1 reactor is the industry&#8217;s workhorse with a proven track record of safety and reliability for more than 40 years. Today, there are 32 BWR Mark 1 reactors operating as designed worldwide. There has never been a breach of a Mark 1 containment system."

The six reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant, which had explosions on Saturday and Monday, are all GE-designed boiling-water reactors, known in the industry as BWRs. Five have containment systems of GE's Mark I design, and the sixth is of the Mark II type. They were placed in operation between 1971 and 1979.
A fact sheet from the anti-nuclear advocacy group Nuclear Information and Resource Service contends that the Mark I design has design problems, and that in 1972 an Atomic Energy Commission member, Dr. Stephen Hanuaer, recommended that this type of system be discontinued.

"Some modifications have been made to U.S. Mark I reactors since 1986, although the fundamental design deficiencies remain," NIRS said. The group has a commentary online describing what it says are hazards of boiling-water reactors: human invervention needed to vent radioactive steam in the case of a core meltdown, and problems with aging.
<hr align="center" size="2" width="100%">​
Since the earthquake struck Japan on Friday, the early statements by the industry's Nuclear Industry Institute have emphasized that only six plants in the U.S. have precisely the same generation of reactor design (GE boiling-water reactor model 3) as the first reactor to have trouble in Fukushima Daiichi. Problems then developed at different reactors of GE model 4.
But aside from the generation of reactor design, the following 23 U.S. plants have GE boiling-water reactors (GE models 2, 3 or 4) with the same Mark I containment design used at Fukushima, according to the NRC's online database:
&#8226; Browns Ferry 1, Athens, Alabama, operating license since 1973, reactor type GE 4.
&#8226; Browns Ferry 2, Athens, Alabama, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Browns Ferry 3, Athens, Alabama, 1976, GE 4.
&#8226; Brunswick 1, Southport, North Carolina, 1976, GE 4.
&#8226; Brunswick 2, Southport, North Carolina, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Cooper, Brownville, Nebraska, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Dresden 2, Morris, Illinois, 1970, GE 3.
&#8226; Dresden 3, Morris, Illinois, 1971, GE 3.
&#8226; Duane Arnold, Palo, Iowa, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Fermi 2, Monroe, Michigan, 1985, GE 4.
&#8226; FitzPatrick, Scriba, New York, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Hatch 1, Baxley, Georgia, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Hatch 2, Baxley, Georgia, 1978, GE 4.
&#8226; Hope Creek, Hancock's Bridge, New Jersey, 1986, GE 4.
&#8226; Monticello, Monticello, Minnesota, 1970, GE 3.
&#8226; Nine Mile Point 1, Scriba, New York, 1969, GE 2.
&#8226; Oyster Creek, Forked River, New Jersey, 1969, GE 2.
&#8226; Peach Bottom 2, Delta, Pennsylvania, 1973, GE 4.
&#8226; Peach Bottom 3, Delta, Pennsylvania, 1974, GE 4.
&#8226; Pilgrim, Plymouth, Massachusetts, 1972, GE 3.
&#8226; Quad Cities 1, Cordova, Illinois, 1972, GE 3.
&#8226; Quad Cities 2, Moline, Illinois, 1972, GE 3.
&#8226; Vermont Yankee, Vernon, Vermont, 1972, GE 4.

And these 12 newer GE boiling-water reactors have a Mark II or Mark III design:
&#8226; Clinton, Clinton, Illinois, 1987, GE 6, Mark III.
&#8226; Columbia Generating Station, Richland, Washington, 1984, GE 5, Mark II.
&#8226; Grand Gulf, Port Gibson, Mississippi, 1984, GE 6, Mark III.
&#8226; LaSalle 1, Marseilles, Illinois, 1982, GE 5, Mark II.
&#8226; LaSalle 2, Marseilles, Illinois, 1983, GE 5, Mark II.
&#8226; Limerick 1, Limerick, Pennsylvania, 1985, GE 4, Mark II.
&#8226; Limerick 2, Limerick, Pennsylvania, 1989, GE 4, Mark II.
&#8226; Nine Mile Point 2, Scriba, New York, 1987, GE 5, Mark II.
&#8226; Perry, Perry, Ohio, 1986, GE 6, Mark III.
&#8226; River Bend, St. Francisville, Louisiana, 1985, GE 6, Mark III.
&#8226; Susquehanna 1, Salem Township, Pennsylvania, 1982, GE 4, Mark II.
&#8226; Susquehanna 2, Salem Township, Pennsylvania, 1984, GE 4, Mark II.

Other resources:
Details on each U.S. reactor are in the NRC list.
The NRC has an explainer on boiling-water reactors and the various GE containment designs.
Here's an earthquake hazard map of the lower 48 United States from the U.S. Geological Survey showing the areas with the greatest risks. More detailed state-by-state maps from the USGS are here.
Scientific American looks at the technical situation facing the engineers in Japan. And The Wall Street Journal describes how this emergency calls into question the redundancies that nuclear plant designers rely on.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Tokyo Electric tested the Fukushima plant to withstand an earthquake less severe than the one that struck last week:

Separately, company documents show that Tokyo Electric tested the Fukushima plant to withstand a maximum seismic jolt lower than Friday's 8.9 earthquake. Tepco's last safety test of nuclear power plant Number 1&#8212;one that is currently in danger of meltdown&#8212;was done at a seismic magnitude the company considered the highest possible, but in fact turned out to be lower than Friday's quake. The information comes from the company's "Fukushima No. 1 and No. 2 Updated Safety Measures" documents written in Japanese in 2010 and 2009. The documents were reviewed by Dow Jones.
The company said in the documents that 7.9 was the highest magnitude for which they tested the safety for their No. 1 and No. 2 nuclear power plants in Fukushima.
Simultaneous seismic activity along the three tectonic plates in the sea east of the plants&#8212;the epicenter of Friday's quake&#8212;wouldn't surpass 7.9, according to the company's presentation.
The company based its models partly on previous seismic activity in the area, including a 7.0 earthquake in May 1938 and two simultaneous earthquakes of 7.3 and 7.5 on November 5 of the same year.

From the ASN (french public agency for nuclear safety) :

Reactor 4 5 6 had been shutdown prior to the earthquake for maintenance.

From the ASN (french public agency for nuclear safety) :

Reactor 4 5 6 had been shutdown prior to the earthquake for maintenance.

Thank you, I posted this today in one of my posts and that I read that on Wikipedia but wasn't sure about it. Thanks for confirming. They were not even working during the earthquake and look how dangerous they still are ...

I apologise for the bad English. I have never been good at translating, and with all the technical stuff... And I'm tired and upset by all this, it doesn't help.

The technical stuff is HELL, most of it isn't even in my online dictionary (and that one is very good usually), so trying to translate that is quite a challenge.

Thank you, I posted this today in one of my posts and that I read that on Wikipedia but wasn't sure about it. Thanks for confirming. They were not even working during the earthquake and look how dangerous they still are ...

You are welcome ! I had seen that before, yes, I think it was on Tepco's website.

The technical stuff is HELL, most of it isn't even in my online dictionary (and that one is very good usually), so trying to translate that is quite a challenge.

Same here ! I hope it made sense though ! I did understand your posts !

My understanding (from the IRSN press release) : the problem is not the reactor itself, it's the used fuel.

This situation is so terrible I can't even wrap my head around it. All I can do is pray :angel: I was thinking about how easily this could happen in California, where I live. We have the San Onofre power plant on the coast. Imagine if large earthquake hit here causing the same thing to happen. I really wish they could shut down all these plants. The cost is not worth it.

Back