Official: Tickets are selling in historic pace!!

well done peeps. This is indeed great news and it's great proof to the industry that his legend will live on... No matter what happens, the great entertainer will not be abandoned by smart audience who knows how to appreciate.

I dont tune in to our radio station that much but I have heard the ads quite frequently these few days.

And whilst I was walking along the F1 tracks last week, I could hear The Earth Song and You Are Not Alone playing through the speakers along the track. It was a strange feeling but I kinda feel so proud about it then. Of so many people, they choose to play his songs! Rather than any other singers who will be showing up at the F1 Rocks concert!

FYI, even the Chinese singers paid a tribute to him at the end of the F1 rock concert. They sang HTW.

I did last weekned. :) I almost couldn't breathe!!!! lol!!!!

I heard it on my car radio on Friday and had the same reaction. :lol: Just heard it again today. It's really weird becuz it's like you feel a wave of conflicting emotions all at once...at least for me. It's incredibly wonderful and exciting to hear it and hear his voice YET at the same time there's an incredible sense of sadness knowing he's not here anymore. ugh! But overall, it's good to know others are out there hyped and excited to see him as much as we are. :) It's somewhat soothing.

I heard it on my car radio on Friday and had the same reaction. :lol: Just heard it again today. It's really weird becuz it's like you feel a wave of conflicting emotions all at once...at least for me. It's incredibly wonderful and exciting to hear it and hear his voice YET at the same time there's an incredible sense of sadness knowing he's not here anymore. ugh! But overall, it's good to know others are out there hyped and excited to see him as much as we are. :) It's somewhat soothing.

That's how i feel about seeing the movie, wonderful and exciting, but also frightened and sad at the same time. it's going to be hard to watch :cry:

Glad to see people are going to see but I have to admit the viewing I'm going to at present - looking at the online booking system - 5 people have bought tickets and I have 3 of them ... and this is on the 28th October.

I'm going 3 times so far. sooo sad and sooo happy at the same time. so angry too. too complicated to even verbalize -- is how I feel right now.

and that's with only certain theatres showing the movie. Most theatres aren't currently planning to screen it. I know because I bought mine online. That's probably going to change now.

In the city I live in there are 3 theatres. None are showing it. In the city next, there are two theatres and one is showing it, and in another neighboring city there are three theatres, with only one showing it, which is the one I bought my tickets for.

Anyone heard the radio ad of the movie?? I have over the weekend.

I heard a radio ad for TII last weekend, also! I was so excited. It was on my pop/hip-hop station.

I've also been seeing the commercial a lot on MTV. . . that is when I watch it. LOL!

and that's with only certain theatres showing the movie. Most theatres aren't currently planning to screen it. I know because I bought mine online. That's probably going to change now.

In the city I live in there are 3 theatres. None are showing it. In the city next, there are two theatres and one is showing it, and in another neighboring city there are three theatres, with only one showing it, which is the one I bought my tickets for.

That's rare. Over 3000 cinemas in the US are planning on showing the film. It should be playing at ALL major theaters. Here in Canada, it is playing at all Cineplex, AMC, and Empire Theaters which account for 95% of all theaters in the country.

uhmm,There are alot of theatres and cinemas in the city i live in the USA & any that are 3D cinemas are showing 'This Is It'

What a pity and that's strange.. dont they have confidence in this movie or are they bycotting it?

It's showing islandwide in my country - cant say all cinemas but all the cinema operators are screening this!

I was in the car too. It's a good job I wasn't driving!!! Yes I had all the emotions too. It's like happy, sad and excited all in one. I really don't know how I'm gonna watch this without crying. :(

:cry:

I'm so happy!
Could it top Titanic?

well done peeps. This is indeed great news and it's great proof to the industry that his legend will live on... No matter what happens, the great entertainer will not be abandoned by smart audience who knows how to appreciate.

I dont tune in to our radio station that much but I have heard the ads quite frequently these few days.

And whilst I was walking along the F1 tracks last week, I could hear The Earth Song and You Are Not Alone playing through the speakers along the track. It was a strange feeling but I kinda feel so proud about it then. Of so many people, they choose to play his songs! Rather than any other singers who will be showing up at the F1 Rocks concert!

FYI, even the Chinese singers paid a tribute to him at the end of the F1 rock concert. They sang HTW.
Did they?? :wild: Is there any footage of it??

I think This Is It has strong potential to beat Miley Cyrus' concert movie that was released in 2008. That movie holds the record right now as the biggest grossing concert movie at the box office.

First Weekend sales were over $31 million US. Overall sales were north of 70 million. I think that with this constant marketing This Is Is is receiving, the movie could break $100 million in the US. If that comes true, it would be phenomenal to say the least. What do you guys think? Does This Is It have potential to be the #1 concert movie at the cinemas ever? I'd love to hear some number predictions for the US and then globally. And remember to keep it realistic, obviously it won't be doing no Lord Of The Rings/Harry Potter/Titanic numbers.

I think This Is It has strong potential to beat Miley Cyrus' concert movie that was released in 2008. That movie holds the record right now as the biggest grossing concert movie at the box office.

First Weekend sales were over $31 million US. Overall sales were north of 70 million. I think that with this constant marketing This Is Is is receiving, the movie could break $100 million in the US. If that comes true, it would be phenomenal to say the least. What do you guys think? Does This Is It have potential to be the #1 concert movie at the cinemas ever? I'd love to hear some number predictions for the US and then globally. And remember to keep it realistic, obviously it won't be doing no Lord Of The Rings/Harry Potter/Titanic numbers.

Worldwide it's going to do $100M no problem and I think it has a good shot of doing that just in the US. I mean on the first day tickets went on sale Japan alone sold $1M worth of tickets, and on fandango TII tickets accounted for 80% of their sales, and we're still a month away from the release. It's easily going to top Miley Cyrus. I'm wondering though if they'll extend the release past 2 weeks. I know they'll want to get the DVDs out right away so that gives them a good reason to not extend it, but if the movie does as well as everyone thinks, it would be hard for Sony to say no to all that potential money. Remember Miley's movie was only supposed to be out for 2 weeks initially and they extended that because the shows kept selling out.

Sooo nice to hear he makes more records.

Thank you!

Remember those news reports where they'd ask kids how many times are you going to see (or have seen) Harry Potter? :lol: I agree with you, many MJ fans will see it more than once.

I'm going to see it 8 times so far..
and..Will cry my eyes out :(:boohoo:

Back