Old & new members of MJJC

Honestly when I saw this thread title bing bumped just a few minutes ago, I've really thought: "Oh please not this again!"
But I've taken the time and read the whole thread and there's many great posts.

I'll tell you this, my join date is just that, a date.
Nothing more and nothing less.
My post number, is just that, a number.
Nothing more and nothing less.

If anyone thinks they know anything about me cuz of knowing my join date and/or my post number let me asure you, you might be very well be wrong lol but hey you might very well be right.
Honestly it says nothing aside from a date and a simple number of posts uh?! That's why I asked not to be 'badged' please.

There's great ppl in every group of ppl and there's true real assholes in every group of ppl.

That's why I honestly would like everyone to just forget about this and just explore and try to enjoy this nice place... whatever... just be yourself, be nice and be respectfull and to me personally you'll never have to feel sorry about somthing then or to apologize for being 'late'. You're not late. It's always the right time to join a group of ppl for the right reasons and I bet all of you had yours as I had mine... even when maybe an eternity ago. ;)

The board has changed!
Of cuz it did! We've all lost someone we've loved so much!
But life is all about changes!
Changes are proving there's still life.

I would like to welcome everyone here and I will like everyone here with a respectfull way of telling whatsever on their hopefully open mind always.

See this post says hopefully so much more about me than any badge, date or number will ever say.
Mechi, I respect your posts and your opinion.....but it doesn't mean others can't feel differently. Some of us simply DO want to express their concern about this board. For some of us, a badge DOES matter.

It doesn't make anyone anything less than you, and neither does it make you anything less for not wanting a badge or for not worrying about the board.

With the L.O.V.E. ;)

:flowers:

PS: Sloride your post was spot on and extremely wise. Thank you for that.

Mechi, I respect your posts and your opinion.....but it doesn't mean others can't feel differently. Some of us simply DO want to express their concern about this board. For some of us, a badge DOES matter.

It doesn't make anyone anything less than you, and neither does it make you anything less for not wanting a badge or for not worrying about the board.

With the L.O.V.E. ;)

:flowers:

PS: Sloride your post was spot on and extremely wise. Thank you for that.

yeah... I was just telling about me. :flowers:

I am a newer member, although I have been part of other MJ forums in the past. I can understand how older members feel and I feel the situation is give and take on both sides. Lets use the example of starting a new job, an example a lot of people are familiar with. You start new and its always a bit weird. You're new, you feel out of place, the people you work with have known each other for years and have been friends for years. You start to feel like the odd one out as you don't know these people. Its up to you to make the effort to befriend and talk to them, and its up to the people who are already there to accept you. Its not a competition. You're in the end of the day all there for the same reason and you're there to support each other. But then you start to become integrated with these people and soon become their friends. Then you look back and find it odd in the first place that there was actually a time where you felt out of place. Its how life works and I'm just thankful we have such a great community with such great people to share our happy and sad moments with.

Quote me if I'm wrong but from what I can see what a lot of the beef is with 'newer' members from the older members is that a few new members have just resigned themselves to the support forum and not integrated themselves with the rest of the forum. But there are so many new members that take part in every part of the forum, have been on MJJC meet ups etc. I certainly haven't felt discriminated against here. This time next year will some of the Jul 2009 onwards members have left the board? Yes, but a lot of them will have stayed and are still very much active doing things in Michael's name, going on meet ups, and carrying on Michael's legacy.

Ultimately we are all here because of one person-Michael Jackson. We googled Michael Jackson fan forums to find this place and its up to each and every one of us to do what's most important here. L.O.V.E. one another and continue Michael's legacy.

:clapping:...........:bow:

Couldn't have put it better myself Sophie.

L.O.V.E.

xxx

I really like your posts! One think I want to add...I love you all, "old" or "new" fans here! I really miss the old days and I miss the fans that I didn't see here since June, but this forum became my family! Without you I wasn't able to live with the tragedy... You helped me to go on... Thank you!

This. :)

I just want to stress that this board has changed not because of new members but because Michael has passed. Nothing will be the same here - even if registration had stopped on June 25. So once we have grieved this change we must roll with it and keep going towards something more positive out of this disruption :)

I'm well aware that this board has changed, and what it used to be like. I was a part of MJNO during the trial and after, so I know what MJ boards were like prior and post June 25. I'm thankful to have found this site, all the time.

I respect people's right to an opinion, I do not however respect opinions purely because they're spoken. I respect opinions that are delivered with dignity and tolerance, that can open dicussion. It's all how you say it.

Therefore, I respect everyone on this board as a member and most of all as a fan. Period. This respect level does not waver due to a join date. It is informed by the conduct of the member.

Thanks MrsMusic :)

You're very right. In my short sentence in which you worded a different way, what I'm saying is that we all are human beings so therefore whether we're old or new members we each need to be respected by everyone else and as long as we all respect each other, things should be alright, as you well know. I'm just posting it for those who may not see it that way.

The reason I stopped coming and stopped posting was because of all the hatred being spread on here. I know we lost Michael, but there was NO excuse for how "some" people were behaving. I also couldn't stand seeing all the tabloid "news" articles being posted all over the place, and then everyone fighting about what was been said in those articles. For several weeks after Michael's death, I couldn't make myself come here at all.

I do check back every now and then hoping things will change. This thread does help so thank you to you all!! :) I have nothing against "newbies". Everyone should be made welcome here. We all just just need to stick to the rules and treat each other with respect. Michael brought as all together. NOBODY should tear us apart.

Mechi. I miss you girl!

This thread and other similar ones are one of two reasons for which I have stopped coming to MJJC in the past couple of weeks.

I joined here in July, can't even remember how I came across on to this site. And being not a person that spends time online chatting with strangers :hysterical:, the fact that I joined and have continued to come here is a testament of how much I appreciate and need this place.

But in the past few weeks when I read posts such as this, I feel like there is really nothing I can do to bring the joy or the sense of community that use to exist.

But I feel like the JOY, EXCITEMENT, and a sense of friendship and community that use to exist here was due to MICHAEL. But he is not here anymore. And there is nothing newer members can do about it.

I feel completely helpless to resolve this issue.

I'd like to believe the other issue at heart is that older members are sick and tired of the many bickering, fighting, and closing of threads due to the lack of respect by one another. But so am I.

I actually do try to spend time to read the archived threads. I understand and appreciate the feelings of the older members.

I am thankful for Gaz and all that he has been trying to do to bring all of us together. But he has a pretty hard battle to fight, if we (new and old members) do not join with Gaz, Trish, Victoria, TheChosenOne,mods and others to make this place a place of furthering Michael's legacy, and a place where we can all be here to support each other.

I know this place was a ROCK to the members and also to Michael during the trial. There is another trial looming, and we will again need to come here to receive the support and love to get each other through the coming trial. Don't know if it will come in a month or a year or longer.

I want to close by saying this.

I saw Michael the first time on tv when I was 10 years old. I have loved, defended, supported, and admired this wonderful human being for the last 20 years.

I don't even want to call myself a fan. It doesn't due justice to how I feel about him. I am sure we share this view. Our feelings, support, and love of this remarkable man is something that can't clearly be measured by a joined date.

I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH. BE BLESSED. I HAVE ALL THE RESPECT FOR THE OLDER MEMBERS, and NEW MEMBERS.
THANKS GAZ and OTHERS that keep this place running.

The reason I stopped coming and stopped posting was because of all the hatred being spread on here. I know we lost Michael, but there was NO excuse for how "some" people were behaving. I also couldn't stand seeing all the tabloid "news" articles being posted all over the place, and then everyone fighting about what was been said in those articles. For several weeks after Michael's death, I couldn't make myself come here at all.

I do check back every now and then hoping things will change. This thread does help so thank you to you all!! :) I have nothing against "newbies". Everyone should be made welcome here. We all just just need to stick to the rules and treat each other with respect. Michael brought as all together. NOBODY should tear us apart.

Mechi. I miss you girl!

Thank you Cass.

I love your licensee plate.

Mechi. I miss you girl!

I just pmed you. About something else though, not anything to do with this topic.

You're very right. In my short sentence in which you worded a different way, what I'm saying is that we all are human beings so therefore whether we're old or new members we each need to be respected by everyone else and as long as we all respect each other, things should be alright, as you well know. I'm just posting it for those who may not see it that way.

We had a few times where you and I were disrespected, Michelle, so I see where you're coming from.

I have been a fan for a LONG time. About 30 years. I grew up in the 1970's, early 1980's, so I listened to both the J5 and MJ. I did join this board in July, but hey, that does not make me any less a fan because of it.

Hugs, Chelle.

We had a few times where you and I were disrespected, Michelle, so I see where you're coming from.

I have been a fan for a LONG time. About 30 years. I grew up in the 1970's, early 1980's, so I listened to both the J5 and MJ. I did join this board in July, but hey, that does not make me any less a fan because of it.

Hugs, Chelle.

And like you I've grown up listening to J5 and Michael too, and I liked their music and them, so right joining this forum in July doesn't make anyone less a fan. Hugs to you too earthy, for this is a very frustrating topic.
I'm going to be honest and admit, I thought this obsession with who is and who isn't a fan was only on this board, but I'm also on another forum, not Michael related, and someone started a thread that they got a nasty pm from another person on that same forum saying they weren't a fan because they didn't post on that forum. That upset her deeply. She had her reasons for not posting on the forum, which she wrote down. Like having two jobs to try to make a living. Yet someone on that forum had nothing better to do than to judge her as a fake fan. What the heck with these people. We do not know our personal lives so this obsession and the judging needs to just end. This is ridiculous. Oh, but on this non Michael related forum, I still haven't seen anything about join dates, but I am looking.

Last edited:
And like you I've grown up listening to J5 and Michael too, and I liked their music and them, so right joining this forum in July doesn't make anyone less a fan. Hugs to you too earthy, for this is a very frustrating topic.
I'm going to be honest and admit, I thought this obsession with who is and who isn't a fan was only on this board, but I'm also on another forum, not Michael related, and someone started a thread that they got a nasty pm from another person on that same forum saying they weren't a fan because they didn't post on that forum. That upset her deeply. She had her reasons for not posting on the forum, which she wrote down. Like having two jobs to try to make a living. Yet someone on that forum had nothing better to do than to judge her as a fake fan. What the heck with these people. We do not know our personal lives so this obsession and the judging needs to just end. This is ridiculous. Oh, but on this non Michael related forum, I still haven't seen anything about join dates, but I am looking.

I know what you mean. We all have lives. I can't sit here on this forum or any other all day long. I work, have family and outside activities. If I don't post, I have other things to do.

So sorry your friend went through that.

Like my sister says, "Mean people suck!!!"

I know what you mean. We all have lives. I can't sit here on this forum or any other all day long. I work, have family and outside activities. If I don't post, I have other things to do.

So sorry your friend went through that.

Like my sister says, "Mean people suck!!!"

Well I don't know her personally, but I read her thread and could not believe it. I don't understand why some people are obsessed with juding others as true fans or not. Maybe I should have started my own thread about this as I don't think it was Mrs. Music's intention to talk about what we are talking about now.

Last edited:
Well I don't know her personally, but I read her thread and could not believe it. I don't understand why some people are obsessed with juding others as true fans or not. Maybe I should have started my own thread about this as I don't think it was Mrs. Music's intention to talk about what we are talking about now.

You still can start your own thread.

People need to take heed on Judge not or be judged.

That is okay. :)

I'm glad that everyone is responding and trying to let each other see what it really is about!
And I love that there are old members as well coming back in here, telling their feelings.

Hugs for all of you! :hug:

I think you are welcome! Please allow yourselves to feel that.
Please don't focus too much on the negative experiences I do not doubt you have also... but try to go for the positives as those are more important and that's why should valued and you need to express exactly that.
Don't give the negative stuff more importance and more attention than it really deserves.

Everyone acting respectfully is welcome here, I really believe that! Please just feel that everybody!

Why do 'new members' always feel the need to prove their fanship? I'm sorry, I dont really care when you became a fan, it's just the way some people act. It's not about how long you've been a fan, it's about the attitude some people have overhere.

I remember getting a shitload of complaints about the concert dates I had in my siggy, people wanted me to remove those. The requests were made by newer members, I had not a single old member asking me to remove those. I was like ''Why are you asking me to remove those? You werent even here, when the concerts were announced..''
I didn't listen to the complaints, but I think someone reported me to a mod or something, because just out of nowhere they were deleted..

I also remember a member with two post with a Sep. sign up date telling me to leave the board, if I didn't like what was being discussed..like what the hell...

I am seriously not trying to judge people by their sign up date, we all used to be a new member. But I've seen stuff like this happening before. I used to be a member on MJFC before I signed up for MJJC. I remember back in the trial everyone used to be SO CLOSE. Then the board closed down in June last year. When it opened again in Octobtre 2008 99% of it's original members were lost and the boards attitude changed BIG TIME. After a while after it's relaunch a lot of people stopped coming and it became a really small board with a very tight clique. When Michael announced his tour, the board got a lot of new members and I remember a lot of old members not liking it. I actually didn't mind it, because the new members were respectfull and behaved fine.

Look, I know not all of the new members are behaving disrespectfull and I think some of the new members actually make a really good contribution to the board and I really like what they have to tell. In fact, a lot of them became really good friends of mine!

Now it sounds like I am just ranting over new members, I am not. It's not just new members, but it's also older members who sometimes loose their temper and behave really bad.

I am NOT asking for this ''You need to respect me, because I am an old member'' sign, but when I see someone with only a few posts telling me to leave the board I just get really upset. I would be really nice if some of the newer members would keep in mind that a lot of the people overhere put a lot of energy into the board over the years, to make this place what it used to be. This is not just mods, but also members.

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at wording my feelings. I just dont want to anyone to feel offended by my post!

Why do 'new members' always feel the need to prove their fanship? I'm sorry, I dont really care when you became a fan, it's just the way some people act. It's not about how long you've been a fan, it's about the attitude some people have overhere.

I remember getting a shitload of complaints about the concert dates I had in my siggy, people wanted me to remove those. The requests were made by newer members, I had not a single old member asking me to remove those. I was like ''Why are you asking me to remove those? You werent even here, when the concerts were announced..''
I didn't listen to the complaints, but I think someone reported me to a mod or something, because just out of nowhere they were deleted..

I also remember a member with two post with a Sep. sign up date telling me to leave the board, if I didn't like what was being discussed..like what the hell...

I am seriously not trying to judge people by their sign up date, we all used to be a new member. But I've seen stuff like this happening before. I used to be a member on MJFC before I signed up for MJJC. I remember back in the trial everyone used to be SO CLOSE. Then the board closed down in June last year. When it opened again in Octobtre 2008 99% of it's original members were lost and the boards attitude changed BIG TIME. After a while after it's relaunch a lot of people stopped coming and it became a really small board with a very tight clique. When Michael announced his tour, the board got a lot of new members and I remember a lot of old members not liking it. I actually didn't mind it, because the new members were respectfull and behaved fine.

Look, I know not all of the new members are behaving disrespectfull and I think some of the new members actually make a really good contribution to the board and I really like what they have to tell. In fact, a lot of them became really good friends of mine!

Now it sounds like I am just ranting over new members, I am not. It's not just new members, but it's also older members who sometimes loose their temper and behave really bad.

I am NOT asking for this ''You need to respect me, because I am an old member'' sign, but when I see someone with only a few posts telling me to leave the board I just get really upset. I would be really nice if some of the newer members would keep in mind that a lot of the people overhere put a lot of energy into the board over the years, to make this place what it used to be. This is not just mods, but also members.

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at wording my feelings. I just dont want to anyone to feel offended by my post!
You did a good job. Don't worry about it :):better:

@snorlaaax: You wrote it really well! It's very true! I think things are a bit changing lately though, haven't seen much happening like that a lot anymore. Thanks for introducing me to this board, hun! :hug:

Like a lot of news fans, I REdiscovered him, unfortunately after his death. I have always followed him but I couldn´t consider myself a fan of him so far. I listened their new songs by heart in "Spanglish". i enjoyed with each of his videos, but until now considered that was a great artist, and admired him as a great musician but nothing more.

I've signed up when I needed to share my love about his talent, because at first I thought that i listened so much Michael and rediscovered by nostalgia. Because I grew up with him as a soundtrack, but I really admire him as an artist.

Actually, I talked to my friends go to London, but wanted to wait for the premiere of the concert and criticism. (Of the good fans obviously did not press that unfortunately they said a lot of lies).

I also understand the lifelong fans are suspicious about the new fans ... but people who actually is a fan will continue here.

I like more groups, and I clearly see that when there are concerts or news, everyone is a fan ... but the fan is who want discover what goes on (the true), and try to know by himself .. no with eyes of others.

Back