Old & new members of MJJC

Bee

Proud Member
On June 25th my heart broke. A friend of mine told me about this board. I wish I knew about it earlier...I read along at a lot of boards, but I never really became a member. Maybe I was too young for it as well.

What I experience here is a very loving home. But I can also notice, even while I'm a 'new' member, that there's been a huge change here and in the fandom. There's a hype over MJ, there's loads of new fans, a whole new sort of era....while I think it's amazing that people are opening their eyes, it's sad that it needed his passing.

I see many joindates from June and further, and I feel like maybe the past months the 'old' members have been experiencing a sort of stompede going into 'their' house, which made them go away or went into lurking. I also notice old members that are still here, having a hard time with the new members. Sometimes I even feel like shutting up. But I think it's not fair from the old members to judge new members without a reason. Not everyone is a troll or a new become fan.

All I wanna say with this thread is, that I think we should make sure that this place feels like home for EVERYONE, regarding what joindate. We are all here for the same reason, which is Michael...let's not forget that.

This thread is NOT meant as bashing on members, and I don't want anyone to go bash eachother here. I just wanted to open up about it and make sure everyone realises we are Michael's army of LOVE...no matter what joindate, age, gender, origin, place, race, etc.

Last edited:
I really, really love your post, Mrs. Music. I feel exactly the same way. :hug:
Sometimes it upsets me when I feel newer members are judged. All I want is somewhere to go where everyone feels the same way, no matter what your join date is. I just don't feel that your join date equates you to be a certain type of fan, if that makes sense. Just because I joined in August, doesn't make me a new fan, which by the way, I have nothing against. I'm sorry I didn't find this place sooner, but I'm here now, and I thought that was all that mattered. :(

This is a nice post. I agree that join dates don't necessarily reveal how long a person has been a fan & that it's the person's behaviour that matters. I think things will improve eventually.

One thing June 09 + members do not realise is that this board was full of fun , excitment and L.O.V.E prior to his death due to the o2 concerts. We had fun posts of guessing games, the threads on whether is it true Michael just landed at Heathrow....If members took the time out to see how the dynamic of this board was at the beginging of the year, they may understand why "older" members have become lurkers.
I am not sure how to word this correctly so Ill just be blunt, Personally for me I sometime want to come on here to have a giggle, look at some sexy Michael pictures, catch up with friends across the world. But now I come on here and it seems like a competion for who has "the worst life" "whos been through most shit" etc....Personally I was offered great support from this forum and I DO UNDERSTAND what people are feeling etc, but after hearing about Michael.mania, I feel now maybe the time for everyone to think before posting that "im going to kill myself thread"

.. Sorry was on a roll there, Nice post Mrs Music :O)

Thanks for posting this.
I sometimes feel like I'm somehow not supposed to be here.

We can only imagine what it was like to be here before june 25 and that's pretty difficult to cope with I can tell you that.
I wish I was here when there was happy news to talk about and laugh about stuff but I wasn't and that just sucks

I agree with everything you posted Mrs Music :yes: But I can understand the older members, too. Lets not forget that it's only been about 5 months since Michael's passing and it's all still very clearly in our minds. I think the situation will get better with time.

A lot of people are still in grief, but it's great to have a community to share your grief, feelings, but also to have a lot of fun. I know grief can take ages... Just give it time. Maybe next year this community have a lot more fun. I can understand that the older member became lurkers. I can understand both sides.

Great post Mrs. Music! I know, I feel the same...

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
I can say it a thousand times but I cannot make it right... :no:
I just know how I feel inside since 25-06... :(

I completely understand the older fans though. I just really hope they will not walk out of here. Let's do this together...please?
We cannot lose anyone of you! We need each and every member here.
:group: With L.O.V.E.!

hey im going nowhere. But it is hard. Remembering the way we used to be, the building excitement each day. The epic threads on mike's simple shopping trips...when he got the curls. It hurts to think of that happy place. That's why I camp in the macro thread, its a place for good times and fun chat.

I love the newer fans cos i used to be one not so long ago, and i know their L.O.V.E is just as strong, i only feel os sorry for them if they are 'new' new fans that they missed out on all the mania.

:cry:

:huggy:

A couple of years ago I used to go on pretty long train rides and sometimes I liked to just sit and watch. Usually there was a group of people in one compartment. Some were reading, sleeping, staring or whatever else you do on a train ride.

After some time we would arrive at a station and a new passenger would get on the train and enter our compartment. The people already sitting there would look up, frown and then go on with their business and ignore the new passenger. You could read in their faces and it was as if they were thinking: What's he doing here? Who is he? What does he want?

I always found that really interesting, cause it's just a train ride... And I asked myself: Do I feel the same? In a way yes... There is some kind of disturbance when someone new joins an existing 'community'. You were safe and comfortable before and now you don't know what the change will bring. The new passenger might disturb you by smoking, opening a window and letting the cold in or he might be noisy.... You never know.

After some time we would arrive at another station and a new passenger would enter our compartment and the original group of people would frown at the newcomer along with the new passenger from the last station....

This is just (adult?) human nature and we can't help feeling like that sometimes, but whenever I do realize I have thoughts like that, I'm not proud of them and I reprimand myself to give people a chance to show the colours of their coats first....

I'm aware that this story is not comparable emotionally, because of the grief old members AND new members feel at the moment, but I do think the essence is the same. We do need to give each other a chance and help each other through these troubling times.

There will be more happy moments to share on this forum, but they will need to come from us. Maybe a member will give birth to a child, someone will find work after years of unemployment or maybe someone will just be glad to have passed an exam...

Well thats was a nice post that you have it here! I kown we all will have to get over with. Michael's death even before june 25th I was on the board just like any other day but yeah, it's good to here form you & to many other michael jackson's fans form all over the world.

I understand the old members too but the way this board is now is not just because of the newbie's right?
The happy place it was is kinda lost because of what happened imho.
The person this board is about is gone and that's why the place is messed up, everyone has to come to terms again.
But it can be a good place again I'm sure, it just takes time.

Love you all :group:

^^^^^^
I agree, before members of the board prior to 6/25 had something to celebrate. You guys had every reason to be excited. There's not really much to be excited about at this point. I really don't think the board will ever quite be the same. That doesn't mean it has to be a place of dismay. We just have to switch gears. Celebrate his legacy. It's hard, I know but we have to try and stick together. It will take time, strength and dedication. If you are an old member or new member, you still know what his message is about, let it shine through. Once we all embrace that everything else will work it self out. This board is solid I believe that. And I think all the older members for that. You are the ones who made it this way. All I ask is show us newbies the way. And newbies be understanding, change is not easy. If we are going to make this work we must be considerate of each other and love each other. Love, Love, Love each other.

Let's make Mike:wub: proud

Reactions: Nar
I can see why older members are feeling this way. But isnt the change in atmosphere just to do with the loss of Mj which is hurting everyone, not to do with new members.
Im just so happy to be here and be able to talk about mike, i dont like the sad threads like everyone one else dosent, but we all have to work together, making eachother feel better, and the only way to do that is talk!
Everyone wants to be joyful about mike and celebrate the Mike we love! :)

I def. do not mind new members and stuff, I just miss how this place used to be.
It seems like a lot of ''old members'' just disappeared and I miss them. I just miss how fun and loving this place was (still is, but its just so different)...omg I'm gonna get emotional I'm not kidding. xD

But I used to come around here everyday and we would talk about the concerts and what we were going to wear. We were all stressing out about tickets and stuff, and there were people over here who gave their codes away so other people could buy themselves a ticket.

You know, when you are on a forum there are always threads where you often post on regular basis and after a while it sort of becomes your ''hang out spot''. Mine was the original TII section and I feel like I made some really good friends over there and after June 25th it was just all gone. I mean some of us were even thinking of sharing hostels together and stuff.

I don’t blame this on ‘’new members’’. But I agree with sugarbunny, people don’t know what this place used to be like and that’s why they most of the time don’t understand why ‘’older’’ members don’t feel like posting anymore or are now lurking. This board changed A LOT after June 25th.

Somehow, it just felt much more like a real community back then. It’s hard to explain, but …argh I just wish I could explain it, but its just so hard. I don’t even know why I’m not posting anymore, I just don’t feel like it. I’m still on here everyday, but I just check out the news and only post in threads I really feel like posting in, which are most of the time in General Discussions…maybe I am just holding onto those memories of all the fun too much, and that’s why probably don’t like posting anymore because that makes me realize that Mike isn’t here anymore. I don’t know, all I know is that it’s just really frustrating and that it probably has to do with the fact that I am still grieving.

this is a lovely post, thank you. i like many wish i had found MJJC before june but i didn't and can't change that. i am a new member here but by no means a new fan... i'm knocking on abit now and have adored Micheal for years...well forever really, i only realised how much ......then.
it must be so hard for all the longer members to see the change here. i have read through some of the older archive postings and oh my...yes you did all have alot of fun, i'm sorry i missed it all. but given time i think it will came come back, there are some fun threads on here and i do spend some time there just to unwind and smile some.
if i hadn't found MJJC i just might of retreated into myself (i did for a while) you lot helped me see i'm not alone and i'm not weird in what i'm feeling. i'm thankful everday that i can come here.
so thank you all, old and new members. lets laugh, cry and love as one.
:thanks_sign: :heart:

^^^^^^
I agree, before members of the board prior to 6/25 had something to celebrate. You guys had every reason to be excited. There's not really much to be excited about at this point. I really don't think the board will ever quite be the same. That doesn't mean it has to be a place of dismay. We just have to switch gears. Celebrate his legacy. It's hard, I know but we have to try and stick together. It will take time, strength and dedication. If you are an old member or new member, you still know what his message is about, let it shine through. Once we all embrace that everything else will work it self out. This board is solid I believe that. And I think all the older members for that. You are the ones who made it this way. All I ask is show us newbies the way. And newbies be understanding, change is not easy. If we are going to make this work we must be considerate of each other and love each other. Love, Love, Love each other.

Let's make Mike:wub: proud

I've been thinking about this very thing since i first joined MJJC after his passing. This is the only website I recall joining, being filled with people who are more passionately driven than any other web site I have ever been a part of.
And I was thinking about how it was people were coping the great big loss. And from what I have seen here, a lot of it is spent debating, arguing, sobbing and talks of suicide with only a few who pursued hope and commencement.

At first, I was quick to jump into conclusions in my thoughts, thinking the place was turning into pure misguided madness with all the arguing and what not... but I think I can comprehend somewhat just how hard it must have been and still is, for those who felt or were inches closer to Michael himself than anyone else, whether spiritually or physically.

I can't call myself a hardcore fan. I know that now after joining this site lol. Everyone else here would put me to shame under that term. But I do have immense respect for MJ and do acknowledge his incredible legacy which to me, goes to extreme lengths in form of the ultimate in humanity.
And I mean true, passionate, driven, inspirational humanity.
And I love his music. I love his dancing. And his smiles were always powerful, if not, hypnotic. (thinking of that tender part of Captain EO when he smiles at the camera).

See, I don't know all that much about Michael Jackson's personal life aside from my growing knowledge which I've sort of put to a halt to, as I've come to be very weary with all the horrible stories that revolved around him in regard to the people he worked with, the doctors, his own family, etc. It was just taking me on a whole different planet in which I had very little preparation for to deal with. It was literally overshadowing his legacy for me, so I gave it a break.

But I do know and recognize his power. There are many things about him that I truly can relate with and that's what draws me to him. In my opinion, Michael was truly the real deal. I've said that many times.

Anyways (I have to stop myself or I will go on forever), going back to what meena said, I do love the opportunity given through such harsh times as these, to express hope! To remind ourselves of love. Of kindness and gentleness. :)

I can only hope that in good time, people who feel lost and empty, come to realize that whether they had MJ or not, their lives are still magical and capable of wonderful things. If you are aware of your inner spirit...then you know you have your responsibilities to take that mantle you built for someone you idolized and continue what was most profound for you, which could be love, togetherness, green peace, healing, etc etc that of which connected you to MJ in the first place.

Don't give up. Never give up.
I think everyone here has really powerful energy. And its wonderful.
Things will never be the same... but in good time, I think if we stay strong as good people, we may be able to move forward into a whole new light, while carrying forth everything you loved about Michael J. Jackson with you.

I know that I have been and will continue to pioneer as much determination and love in my own journey. I wish you all the same. Because I honestly think...thats a great way to help "make this world a better place for you and for me".

-peace!

I personally appreciate all fans...new and Old....even though I am an OLD fan ..very Old..:lmao:....I never was one to belong to boards....I believe we were all drawn to this board for one reason and that was Michael...we could always get excited about things that he did in his daily life...even get excited about any new pics with him shopping...now...Michael is gone..there will never be new pics...however there will still be new things to get excited about...I am trying to think positive....maybe we will see a new album......All I am trying to say in the end is that Michael drew us all closer new or old...I think we should all still remain the best community that we can...Michael would want us all to continue to get along...he was always one to welcome folks....new or old.

I've been thinking about this very thing since i first joined MJJC after his passing. This is the only website I recall joining, being filled with people who are more passionately driven than any other web site I have ever been a part of.
And I was thinking about how it was people were coping the great big loss. And from what I have seen here, a lot of it is spent debating, arguing, sobbing and talks of suicide with only a few who pursued hope and commencement.

At first, I was quick to jump into conclusions in my thoughts, thinking the place was turning into pure misguided madness with all the arguing and what not... but I think I can comprehend somewhat just how hard it must have been and still is, for those who felt or were inches closer to Michael himself than anyone else, whether spiritually or physically.

I can't call myself a hardcore fan. I know that now after joining this site lol. Everyone else here would put me to shame under that term. But I do have immense respect for MJ and do acknowledge his incredible legacy which to me, goes to extreme lengths in form of the ultimate in humanity.
And I mean true, passionate, driven, inspirational humanity.
And I love his music. I love his dancing. And his smiles were always powerful, if not, hypnotic. (thinking of that tender part of Captain EO when he smiles at the camera).

See, I don't know all that much about Michael Jackson's personal life aside from my growing knowledge which I've sort of put to a halt to, as I've come to be very weary with all the horrible stories that revolved around him in regard to the people he worked with, the doctors, his own family, etc. It was just taking me on a whole different planet in which I had very little preparation for to deal with. It was literally overshadowing his legacy for me, so I gave it a break.

But I do know and recognize his power. There are many things about him that I truly can relate with and that's what draws me to him. In my opinion, Michael was truly the real deal. I've said that many times.

Anyways (I have to stop myself or I will go on forever), going back to what meena said, I do love the opportunity given through such harsh times as these, to express hope! To remind ourselves of love. Of kindness and gentleness. :)

I can only hope that in good time, people who feel lost and empty, come to realize that whether they had MJ or not, their lives are still magical and capable of wonderful things. If you are aware of your inner spirit...then you know you have your responsibilities to take that mantle you built for someone you idolized and continue what was most profound for you, which could be love, togetherness, green peace, healing, etc etc that of which connected you to MJ in the first place.

Don't give up. Never give up.
I think everyone here has really powerful energy. And its wonderful.
Things will never be the same... but in good time, I think if we stay strong as good people, we may be able to move forward into a whole new light, while carrying forth everything you loved about Michael J. Jackson with you.

I know that I have been and will continue to pioneer as much determination and love in my own journey. I wish you all the same. Because I honestly think...thats a great way to help "make this world a better place for you and for me".

-peace!

I love your post, Nar. :wub:

Thanks for posting this.
I sometimes feel like I'm somehow not supposed to be here.

We can only imagine what it was like to be here before june 25 and that's pretty difficult to cope with I can tell you that.
I wish I was here when there was happy news to talk about and laugh about stuff but I wasn't and that just sucks

Amen, sister. *sigh* :(

Snorlaxx love the siggy! Wish I had never given into the pressure to remove mine now! Blah!! When you coming back to London!!!

Also I have to agree with you on the fact that the original TII Section was my home, since all thats happened I am still yet to find a section that I feel comfortable in.

I def. do not mind new members and stuff, I just miss how this place used to be.
It seems like a lot of ''old members'' just disappeared and I miss them. I just miss how fun and loving this place was (still is, but its just so different)...omg I'm gonna get emotional I'm not kidding. xD ...

I don’t blame this on ‘’new members’’. But I agree with sugarbunny, people don’t know what this place used to be like and that’s why they most of the time don’t understand why ‘’older’’ members don’t feel like posting anymore or are now lurking. This board changed A LOT after June 25th.

...I don’t know, all I know is that it’s just really frustrating and that it probably has to do with the fact that I am still grieving.

This.

I still think the discrimination of Joindates is stupid. :mat: It just makes me feel inferior.

Its not discrimination. I personally cant stand coming on here anymore scrolling down the threads and seeing thread titles as "suicide" "i want to die" "Knowbody likes me" "i have a drug issues" ....." i bet my life was worse than yours" I am sure you get the drift, and if im honest after hearing about Michael Mania - i cant help finding this threads now utterly disrespectful and it makes me think if these are just crys for Internet forum attention! Harsh I know but its just how I feel now.

I understand the old members too but the way this board is now is not just because of the newbie's right?
The happy place it was is kinda lost because of what happened imho.
The person this board is about is gone and that's why the place is messed up, everyone has to come to terms again.
But it can be a good place again I'm sure, it just takes time.

Love you all :group:

Yeah that would be my theory too.. I think this forum would have a couple of sad threads even if it stopped accepting new members before June 25th..

Its not discrimination. I personally cant stand coming on here anymore scrolling down the threads and seeing thread titles as "suicide" "i want to die" "Knowbody likes me" "i have a drug issues" ....." i bet my life was worse than yours" I am sure you get the drift, and if im honest after hearing about Michael Mania - i cant help finding this threads now utterly disrespectful and it makes me think if these are just crys for Internet forum attention! Harsh I know but its just how I feel now.
That's what I'm feeling a bit too. It gets to the point everyone is just shouting out their problems, which is very understandable...although it are new members most of the times and are not reacting to other stuff on this board.
Many of them are just venting about that and not trying to keep this world turning.
We must be strong, for eachother, for Michael, for this world we're living in.

We can all find help here, and everyone is equal for getting help and everyone may shout out for help if they feel like, and everyone needs different things...BUT we need to make sure we're not only participating to the mess....we also need to clean the mess.

But it'll get there, I'm sure. It just needs time. :angel:

Back