Open Letter from MJ fans in Support of MJ Estate

Why are we even participating in this? We're fans, sure. But it's not our business. And I don't like opinions being given on behalf of myself and other fans.

Agreed. I don't support this letter due to the actions of the Estate which divided the fan base and did serious damage.

Why are we even participating in this? We're fans, sure. But it's not our business. And I don't like opinions being given on behalf of myself and other fans.

Because:

1. MJ Estate = Michael Jackson
  2. Challenging the MJ Estate = Challenging Michael Jackson and his wishes
  3. This is a Michael Jackson fan forum
  4. ? Majority on this forum love Michael Jackson
  5. ? Majority on this forum are against the family members' letter challenging Michael Jackson and his wishes (read other thread if you disagree)
  6. Final result (in most cases) = majority vote

Agreed. I don't support this letter due to the actions of the Estate which divided the fan base and did serious damage.

It's common sense (as with certain other "petitions") that only the founders/staff attach themselves to this formal letter, it does not mean that all forum members share the same view.
It is the right of the fan clubs / sites and individuals to show their support. You don't have the right to tell MJJC staff what they should do or not, it's not up to you.

No actions of the Estate have "divided the fan base" and no "serious damage" can be seen.
There is the "This Is Not It" fan fraction. There is the "Michael is still alive" fraction. There is the "Jason Malachi is singing the Cascio songs" fraction.
None of those groups have "divided the fan base". It is the fans who choose to separate themselves and are banding together in various pools with conflicting point of views.

You're over-exaggerating as you're not open for being wrong. A "serious damage" could only exist if you could prove your accusations.

It's common sense (as with certain other "petitions") that only the founders/staff attach themselves to this formal letter, it does not mean that all forum members share the same view.
It is the right of the fan clubs / sites and individuals to show their support. You don't have the right to tell MJJC staff what they should do or not, it's not up to you.

No actions of the Estate have "divided the fan base" and no "serious damage" can be seen.
There is the "This Is Not It" fan fraction. There is the "Michael is still alive" fraction. There is the "Jason Malachi is singing the Cascio songs" fraction.
None of those groups have "divided the fan base". It is the fans who choose to separate themselves and are banding together in various pools with conflicting point of views.

You're over-exaggerating as you're not open for being wrong. A "serious damage" could only exist if you could prove your accusations.

The fan base was at war when the Michael album was released and still continues to be divided. The Estate could have avoided that by not releasing highly questionable songs. The album bombed as a result of the controversy. That is the damage I'm talking about. The amount of fans in those other groups is tiny compared to the division created by the album.

I wasn't telling anyone what to do, rather I was stating how I feel and that IS my right.

I appreaciate what the estate is doing which is generate money for Michael's trust and keep his legacy alive.
We as fans are individuals who have our own opinion and that's what Michael has, fans with different opinions which doesnt mean we are divided. We, as fans, know that Michael was abused by the media, by people of the law, by so called friends and by family members. We also know he was the greatest artist & humanitarian in the whole world. That we have different opinions on the Michael album is just that opinions. I, for instance, don't know if it is Michael singing or not. I just know that Michael doesn't sound like his usual on that album. I don't hear the fluidity in his voice when he changes his voice from low to high. But it doesn't mean that as a fan I'm outside of the pond. The letter is a gesture of saying we know you're doing the best you can. I noticed that some people prefer to be blind to the Jackson's actions but like some posters already have said, this is a Michael Jackson fan forum and it is to him that we owe our appreciation. And we are lucky enough to have the right to stay or to leave.

Im sure those that support the family over mj and his kids are welcome to write their own open letter in support of randy where they can personally add their name to it.and post it on janet boards if they so wish. as this is a michael jackson board mjjc is doing what it feels the majority think from the posts that are on this board. no ones personal names are added so no one should have a personal issue. i dont support katherine as the statement says. but the open letter is written for what mjjc feels is the majority as this is a mj board not a randy rebbie or tito board if such places excists

Thank you so much for writing this letter. It just breaks my heart that some members of the Jackson family will not respect Michael's wishes. In life and now in death. Michael knew. That is why his will is the way it is.
It angers me that they imply Michael didn't know what he was doing. MJ was a brilliant man and he knew what was written in his will. If he didn't want Branca and Mcclain there they would have been gone.
I always admired Michael for how he endured the media hate with such composure and grace. His core values rooted in love.
But how he endured this family.......????

Actually pay attention to this part

"Although every fan does not agree with all decisions the Estate has made, we agree that overall, the Estate has done well in preserving Michael's legacy."

and I'm now qonna quote you

90% of what the Estate has done has been good work.

see? actually you are covered in this letter. Let's read it again: It says that every fan does not agree with every decision - which means we do not like or approve some decisions. To you it is "Michael" album, to some one else it could be "vision", to some one else it could be some other release / decision/ action. then it says "we agree that overall," and that's exactly your "90% has been good work" statement.

The letter clearly states that although there some things we don't agree with, overall we think the work has been good.

Let know via fb and twitter about this open letter to paris jackson, randy, jermaine... And ... Let them know we are on the side of the estate.

They have to feel the power of michael jackson fans.

MJJsource.eu is with the Estate and support that open letter.

Last edited:
Thank you.

ivy;3672634 said:
Open Letter On Behalf Of Michael Jackson Fans in Support of MJ Estate

Michael Jackson's fan base is aware of derogatory statements made by certain members of the Jackson family, against the executors of his Estate. We are shocked and saddened that propaganda, rather than seeking avenues to address their concerns legally, have been used to gain sympathy. While we most certainly support the beneficiaries of Jackson's Estate, Katherine Jackson and Michael's children, we equally support the executors, Mr. John Branca and Mr. John McClain.

Jackson's fans understand that the task both Branca and McClain took on when Michael died was staggering. Weighted in nearly $400 million in debt, with an overwhelming amount of pending lawsuits, the Executors took the reins of the Estate and went to work.

Posthumously, the Executors have ensured the highest grossing music documentary of all time, This Is It, two successful albums, the number one tour in the world, Cirque du Soleil's IMMORTAL, sold millions of Michael Jackson The Experience video games, and are planning a huge release for the 25th anniversary of Jackson's legendary Bad album. Although every fan does not agree with all decisions the Estate has made, we agree that overall, the Estate has done well in preserving Michael's legacy. In addition, we agree with the Estate, that "false and defamatory accusations grounded in stale Internet conspiracy" do nothing to promote the positive ethic Michael Jackson espoused while alive.

In three years, Jackson's Estate is thriving, nearly debt free and Michael Jackson's music is still at the forefront of the music industry. We wholeheartedly support Michael Jackson's final wishes; that he trusted both John Branca and John McClain to continue his message through his music. The Michael Jackson fan base thanks the Executors for continuing to do just that, with grace and dignity.

Sincerely,

MJJCommunity, MJJUnderground, MJJJusticeProject, United4MJsLegacy, MJ Fans of NYC, MJ4Justice, Justice4MJ, TributoMJ, MJTruthNow, MJNation, SOMJ, Canadian MJ Fan Club, The Jam Café, Michael Jackson Vindication 2.0, Stop Global Airwave Abuse, Michael Jackson fans of Montreal, MJHellas.gr , MJFSC, JacksonVillage

---------------------

Note to fan groups: Please sign the letter and post it at your websites,blogs, forums, facebook and twitter accounts. Notify us and we'll add your name to the list.
Note to individual fans: Please post the letter at your blogs, facebook and twitter accounts and help with circulation of it.

Actually pay attention to this part

"Although every fan does not agree with all decisions the Estate has made, we agree that overall, the Estate has done well in preserving Michael's legacy."

and I'm now qonna quote you

see? actually you are covered in this letter. Let's read it again: It says that every fan does not agree with every decision - which means we do not like or approve some decisions. To you it is "Michael" album, to some one else it could be "vision", to some one else it could be some other release / decision/ action. then it says "we agree that overall," and that's exactly your "90% has been good work" statement.

The letter clearly states that although there some things we don't agree with, overall we think the work has been good.

How can she pay attention to ANYTHING that doesn't involve the Cascio tracks? That's asking far too much.

I SUPPORT THIS LETTER WHOLEHEARTEDLY...If I could tattoo it to Rebbie, Janet, Tito, Jermaine & Randy Jackson's forehead, to make it go through their thick skulls...you best believe I would.

Fantastic letter. Professional. Succinct. And most importantly...CLASSY..

Great job!!!

How can she pay attention to ANYTHING that doesn't involve the Cascio tracks? That's asking far too much.

I SUPPORT THIS LETTER WHOLEHEARTEDLY...If I could tattoo it to Rebbie, Janet, Tito, Jermaine & Randy Jackson's forehead, to make it go through their thick skulls...you best believe I would.

Fantastic letter. Professional. Succinct. And most importantly...CLASSY..

Great job!!!

Who's she?

Last edited:
I support this letter and Thank You MJJC, everybody makes mistakes nobodys perfect and the Estate have picked up on the reaction to previous releases but you what it could be have been much worse they could have released Michael's Memorial Service on DVD.

^^It is known as a general rule in the world that when a group gives it's approval to something, it does not mean that every individual approved it, but that the general consensus agrees with it. Given this, this letter is not from each and every fan, but the feelings of the majority. It is like a president wins the election, but we all know that not every one in the country voted for the president.

Some fans are involved because it involves Michael Jackson who they care about, his legacy, and those who are in control of his estate. Other fans like you feel it does not concern you, or their allegiance may be more closely connected to the Jackson family and that is OK. Naturally those who feel they have an interest in this situation will act, and those who feel it is not their business will not.

By the way when you state above that "I do not like opinions being given on behalf of myself and "other fans", by including other fans in what you do not like, you are essentially applying your opinion of likes on to those "other fans." How do you know that these "other fans" will not like being including in a general opinion? Therefore, exactly what you say you do not like people to do to you as a fan, you are actually doing to another group, that is, "other fans."

Last edited:
I support this because I feel the estate for the most part has done a good job. What some are doing in his family is just pathetic and desperate. It's disgusting to lie about your own mother's health. Michael had a will that stated what HE wanted and I support what Michael wanted.

Has the estate commented on this letter? It is so good to see more clubs ask to add their names to the letter. I see the little army is ready for action.

I don't support everything this letter says. I am not backing it. IMO, there are multiple ways that The Estate has failed. With that being said, I surely don't support the actions taken by the family. I'll just choose to be indifferent to all of them. *shrug*

Actually saying this is private or personal family business is certainly not the case here.
Randy made sure the letter was Very Public business, not personal or private family business. He is the one that offered this letter up to the Tabloids on a platter for EVERYONE to feast on. So now it is being scrutinized by the world and the fans that Michael loved so dearly. They made it our business by shoving it in our face.

Now what are our credentials to be so bold to feel we have a right to scrutenise and give our opinions in this matter?
1. We have Michael's blessing to stand up for him. Whether Jackson's want to except or believe it, Michael gave himself to us. He professed his deep true love for us and said we were his family. He wasn't lying either when he said that. We meant the world to him. Many times his fans were his only salvation and comfort. Any one who truly knew Michael would tell you his fans meant every thing to him and michael professed his trust and love in us and we take that as gospel. .. So Yes we too have a right to be involved and speak up in his behalf, just as much as the Jackson's. I don't think is is arrogance on our part. He is our (family) our brother too by his own words.

They can talk about blood all they want .. But our love is thicker than any blood. Love is the most important .. We have nothing to gain from this. We just love him. All we want is Michael to shine through his legacy and music, his mother and children well taken care of and his wishes carried out.

Im not speaking for all fans just to those who believe and understand this view

It became public when they made it public. They think they can do this and people will think that is okay behavior? They are not in the will yet they act like they have been wronged and cheated. Them complaining and threatening is not going to change anything.

For the record, I whole heartedly disagree with the decision of MJJC and the various fan groups to respond or comment regarding this private family matter.

It might be public, yeah. But as fans we don't run the program here. And we don't belong in this business.

Back