Oprah to Interview Paris Jackson For A 2nd Time on "Next Chapter" Airing This Summer!

I didn't like how Oprah stressed the word 'Normal' smh. Also her showing that clip of Michael with Blanket in the beginning was uncalled for. Oprah is just shady.

Anyways I Paris did a nice job. It's said to hear that she gets bullied at school & online. But I'm proud of her because she doesn't let the haters phase her.

How were the ratings for this episode? I haven't heard anything about it yet so I'm assuming it didnt set any records

Cute and notice some of the pics in the back.

tumblr_m5hafv9qLc1ro5a7xo1_500.jpg

I say it's because of the movie. So far the way they've gone about things for this movie screams desperation. So i'm sure their thinking is, put Paris out there and the movie will get some well needed exposure which they thinks means some A-list stars and movie studios might want in. But the problem is, no one cares at all about this film, so the exposure just seems pointless in the end.

I can think of someone who cares way too much about this movie.

What's with the A-List obsession.? Not a fan of infusing new talent.??

Oprah tweets
Bas A ?@only_positivity
@Oprah what surprised you most about Paris Jackson? #nextchapter #OWN @OWNTV

10 Jun Oprah Winfrey ?@Oprah
@only_positivity what surprised me most about Paris J.her perception.
8:18 PM - 10 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPad

I can read one or two books a day if I'm left alone, but 27/week is a lot (of course it depends what kind of books she read).

Thanks for the pic, I have not seen it before.
All those bookshelves along the sides! Is that the place Michael kept his books or was it children's area?

neverland-ranch-library.jpg

Here's the first floor library and then when you look at the floor plans, it looks like this particular room (children's library complete with "Chronicles of Narnia" motif) may have been a Conference Room because of its proximity to the 3 bedrooms upstairs.

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/celebrity-homes/2009/neverland-ranch-slideshow#slide=8

Re: Open Letter To Oprah Regarding The New Paris Interview

Agree with the other posters, i can't imagine why this letter is being directed at oprah rather than mrs j. Oprah is a business woman, she and her producers will book the best talent for her shows to get her the ratings that she needs. I don't see how oprah is being hypocritical or not being true to herself - nowhere is she saying that she now thinks mj is innocent, in her first interview she made sure she could raise the subject of the allegations, and in this interview they made sure the blanket balcony scene was included so not to present a 'whitewashed' portrayal of mj. The blame for allowing mj's daughter to be interviewed by a woman who clearly and publically doubts mj's innocence and has a history of disrespecting him is solely down to mrs j's judgement.

Last edited:
I can think of someone who cares way too much about this movie.

Well as a fan of course I care if someone is using MJ's kid. Not sure why you don't. It's like you're ok with Paris caring on the tradition of Jacksons outside of MJ and Janet being attached to crappy projects.

What's with the A-List obsession.? Not a fan of infusing new talent.??

Huh? Have you not read the producer's tweets? He himself is acting like this is an A-list film, so of course i'm going to call it out when he doesn't attract what he's saying that he's attracting.

And you talk as if she's acting with other unknowns. She's working with known z-listers. I take it you're not from the US? Who doesn't know where Joey Fatone, Larry King and his wife and Ted Lange stand with movie audiences?

Ratings did go up. Around 300k more than last week

Oprah’s Next Chaper (OWN)

-9 PM: 0.911 million viewers, 0.28 A18-49
-11 PM: 0.456 million viewers, 0.20 A18-49

vs. last week

-9 PM: 0.611 million viewers, 0.21 A18-49
-11 PM: 0.280 million viewers, 0.12 A18-49

AngieJ;3654868 said:
Ratings did go up. Around 300k more than last week

-9 PM: 0.911 million viewers, 0.28 A18-49
-11 PM: 0.456 million viewers, 0.20 A18-49

vs. last week

-9 PM: 0.611 million viewers, 0.21 A18-49
-11 PM: 0.280 million viewers, 0.12 A18-49

I am no fan of Oprah. But I'm not surprised by the ratings on her network. I think this was Oprah's last chance to save her network. And people were bound to tune in to the interview she did with Paris because there is still a public interest in Michael even from people who do not like him.

Last edited:
In my opinion, those numbers "may" be nice for the average Joe, but not for Miss Winfrey. I'm sure her and her OWN partners were expecting higher numbers, especially after all of the money that has already been WASTED in this venture.

Miss Winfrey "appears" to be in a boat with no paddle and I think there's a hole in the boat. LOL!

Although I didn't watch the interview, I appreciate all of the comments from the folks who did watch. Thank you.

^ Yes, agree. Interviewing whitney's daughter brought in 3million i think so i don't see those figures as being great. Thanks for posting them. Hope dennis christen is happy with this bit of publicity, as i don't know what other reason there was for the interview.

Paris Jackson is an intelligent and lovely young lady.:girl_butterfly::girl_butterfly:

^ Yes, agree. Interviewing whitney's daughter brought in 3million i think so i don't see those figures as being great.

I think Paris would've easily tripled Bobbi Kristina's 3.5 viewers if this had been her 1st interview.

One thing I didn't like was when Oprah was talking about Murray to Katherine and Paris was standing behind her and I could see that talking about those things was hard for Paris to listen to but she never consoled Paris just Katherine.

it was a big mistake when they let interview paris for the first time by oprah.
but why on earth a second time???
i hate her reaction when paris said mike was a normal father. and she said "really?". :mat:
and i hate it when they showed here saying people dont like here. hello she is a child, and you bastards let her saying people hate her.
now people starting to hate her even more. she never did any bad to anyone. but with this interview...
oprah that was your fault! you ... :puke: (good for you i'm not allowed to say this words here :smilerolleyes:)

Michael's alleged feelings towards Oprah...
From Karen's Faye Twitter

"Michael could not understand, when he gave Oprah the biggest interview of her career, that jettisoned her popularity. (He even gave her an exclusive by revealing his vitiligo disorder in the interview). How could she be so heartless, especially during his fight for his life and reputation during the trial of 2005. He even cried as he said this to me.
I could never ever forget that."

Michael's alleged feelings towards Oprah...
From Karen's Faye Twitter

"Michael could not understand, when he gave Oprah the biggest interview of her career, that jettisoned her popularity. (He even gave her an exclusive by revealing his vitiligo disorder in the interview). How could she be so heartless, especially during his fight for his life and reputation during the trial of 2005. He even cried as he said this to me.
I could never ever forget that."

If that what Karen says is true, I wonder if Paris is even aware of what Oprah did to her father? If she is, how and who explained to her that it is ok to give interview to Oprah, no matter what she did to her father? Was she told it's only show business, if you want to get your message out, do it in Oprah?
I know Paris is strong has fierce protector of her father's name and legacy, and loves and misses him so much, so why she went to Oprah of all the people? Please don't get me wrong, I do not blame Paris, there is someone behind her pushing and pulling the strings.
Katherine and other members of the family who has given interview to Oprah are aware of it, but it seemingly doesn't bother them at all! I keep returning to Marlon's interview, in which he said that no matter what tabloids saying as long as they are talking about you, he only gets worried if they don't talk about you anymore. Is this what they are installing to Paris' head too?

All the fairness, Oprah deserves all the hate from fans, but she is not to only one who is dancing the tango.The person who allows the interview to take place should take some heat too ( and no, I don't mean Paris). Without this person/s, there wouldn't be this interview at all.

Karen Faye ?@wingheart
Michael disliked Oprah as much as Bashir. I don't think everyone understands that.

If that what Karen says is true, I wonder if Paris is even aware of what Oprah did to her father? If she is, how and who explained to her that it is ok to give interview to Oprah, no matter what she did to her father? Was she told it's only show business, if you want to get your message out, do it in Oprah?
I know Paris is strong has fierce protector of her father's name and legacy, and loves and misses him so much, so why she went to Oprah of all the people? Please don't get me wrong, I do not blame Paris, there is someone behind her pushing and pulling the strings.
Katherine and other members of the family who has given interview to Oprah are aware of it, but it seemingly doesn't bother them at all! I keep returning to Marlon's interview, in which he said that no matter what tabloids saying as long as they are talking about you, he only gets worried if they don't talk about you anymore. Is this what they are installing to Paris' head too?

And what's weird is, it hasn't helped the family at all to be chummy with those in the media that spit at MJ. At least if they had successes from the chumminess I could then understand the "It's only show business" argument, but each project has flopped like crazy, so it's just mind boggling to me that they continue to do it.

It's like they haven't gotten the memo that the thing to do is not piss off the fans. Your goal should always be to keep the fans on your side.

Oprah doesn't care about Michael, Katherine or Paris or any of the Jacksons. I hope Prince and Blanket stay away from her.

:no:

It was depressing to see Oprah doing Katherine cry and making stupid questions to Paris. I thought the interview was to talk about the movie? No questions about it? :wtf: :smilerolleyes: Oprah was interested in knowing about private things about Michael with their children. :doh: Depressing that Paris had to go through it again and sit next to this cow. Paris seemed very bored answering questions from Oprah :fear: .... or not? I really hope this not happens again. :nono: :pray:

Sweet angels..... :girl_sigh:

:no:

Oprah > :puke: :pth:

you can watch the interview in HD 1080i quality here...

[youtube]_Z992-u9mYY[/youtube]

Last edited:
End of the day......you'll never get to the position of Oprah if you cared about people!!!!

The problem is that everyone near Michael's children do not care about them!!!!!

I was thinking of not watching but then I thought of typing up a transcript for those who want to read it instead of watching it. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

I'll post it in parts as it's kind of long.

Oprah: For the first 10 years of her life her image was one of the most wanted in the world, her father the most famous man on the planet – Michael Jackson – took extraordinary, some would even say particular measures to keeps his children identities shrouded in mystery. And their private lives away from the prying public.

(Video of the kids singing You Are My Sunshine)

And for the most part he succeeded until his death on June 25th 2009.

It was a media circus and his children, Prince Michael, Blanket and Paris were squarely in the middle of it all. Details of Michael Jacksons troubling last days emerged and everyone had something to say but it would be then 11 year old Paris Jackson who would become her dads best spokesperson.

(Video of Paris at the memorial)

Now and for the rest of her life the world will follow every move.

(Showing footage from the last interview)

Oprah: The last time I met up with the Jacksons they were mourning the death of their son, their brother, their uncle, and for Prince Michael, Blanket and Paris, their father.

Everyone was nervous this was the first time the world would hear from Paris since the funeral. I thought she was forthright, articulate, and fun.

Well Paris Jackson is now 14 years old and looking to create a legacy of her own. She signed on to star in her first movie role, and People Magazine just voted her one of the worlds most beautiful people. Paris and her Grandmother invited me over to chat about how their lives have changed since Michaels death. The first major change was quite a shock. Kathrine Jackson moved out of Havenhurst home to the Jackson family for over 40 years.

Yearning for a new beginning she settled here with her grandchildren Paris, Prince and Blanket in a new home amongst the beautiful hills of southern California.

Oprah: Hello!

(Paris opening door) Hi.

O: Hi Paris! Hello Mrs Jackson How are you?

(Oprah and Kathrine hug)

Kathrine: I'm okay good to see you.
O: Good to see you again, good to see you again.
O: Hello darling
Paris: Hi.
O: You look gorgeous. (They hug)
O: Woo.
Kathrine: She grew a lot didn't she?
O: I was going to say you've grown probably 3 inches since I saw you.
Paris: Thank you.

Kathrine: She did.
O: I think 3 don't you?
Kathrine: She did.
O: Wow I love your new dig! This is great I love this.
It seems sunnier it seems brighter.
Kathrine: It is.
O: It seems happier.
Paris: Yeah.
O: Do you like it? Do you like it better than Havenhurst?
Paris: No.

Oprah: Havenhurst became the Jackson family compound in the early 1970s when Jackson mania was sweeping the country. It's where Michael Jackson grew up and where his own children lived after his death.

O: So why did you want to leave Havenhurst? Was it a want to leave or?

Kathrine: Uh well what happened was um I was going to have Havenhurst remodeled and everything and I was looking for a place to lease while we're doing this and when I saw this place I just fell in love with it.

O: Really. Wow it's so open.

Kathrine: It is that's why I like it too.

O: Yeah (to Paris) but you don't like it as much.

Paris: I love both houses. Havenhurst is more at home so...

O: Really. (To Kathrine) I'm sure it holds an enormous amount of memories for you.
Katherine: Oh my goodness. I raised my children there. Michael was raised there.
O: Yes yes almost too many. Right? Almost too many memories there.
Kathrine: Yes and um especially memories of Michael. It's good but I'd be crying all the time.
O: Really.

Kathrine: Yes.
O: You know when we spoke last you you said that you....when you think about him sometimes they're sad and sometimes they're smiles. Yeah as time passes are there more smiles or does it depend?
Kathrine: Well time does help. Does help but when it comes to a child or parents that you lose...you can never them gone and that's how I feel.
O: You never get over it.
Kathrine: You never. When it's a child you can't.
O: Right and anything can just I'm sure set it off right?
Kathrine: Yes, yes like your producer was talking to me this morning and when he was asking me questions about Michael I just broke down.

O: I'm so sorry it's still so painful. Do you know it's interesting...I was...when I was at uh Whitneys funeral and afterwords I spoke to Sissy Mrs Houston and she said that she'd heard from you during that time.

Kathrine: Yes I called.
O: I'm sure that uh Whitneys death just brings it all back. Did it?

Kathrine: It did it really did and I just...I felt so bad for her mother you know.

O: Cause mothers aren't supposed to bury their children.

Katherine: That's true. That's true.

Oprah: Shortly after her sons death in 2009 Mrs Jackson was awarded permanent custody of Michaels 3 children. She is 82 years old.

O: How is it raising grandchildren, two teenagers living in the house all the time I'm sure they are wonderful children-

Kathrine: They are.

O: - 2 teenagers and a 10 year old how is that for you?

Kathrine: I'm glad they're here and you know when Michael first passed I always said I can't believe he's gone then I look over at his children and saw that was the proof and I started to cry. I'm sorry.

(Oprah hugs Kathrine)

O: It's alright, it's alright, it's alright it's alright. But they're sweet reminders. Sweet reminders.
Kathrine: I love them so much. I want them to be happy.

(Paris kisses her grandma on the cheek and hugs her)

O: So sine I was here I was coining in and I was saying it looks like Paris has grown at least 3 inches I mean you were here. I'm not kidding you were here. You've grown in so many ways and are you proud of the young woman she's becoming.

Kathrine: Yes. I am very proud. Very proud.

O: Were you excited to her see her in...go into acting or would you rather her not do the show biz thing?

Kathrine: Well you know what I gave it a lot of thought and um I said I don't know if Michael would have wanted this or not but she kept begging and she kept saying please Grandma and so this is what shes going to do.

O: Well It's wonderful to able to see you again thank you. Everyday I pray your heart heals a little more.

Kathrine: It does.

Last edited:
The next part. I bolded some parts.

O: Mm-hm. We're going to go talk to your granddaughter now about her new future career.
Kathrine: Okay.
O: Right?
O: Alright thank you again Mrs Jackson I'll see you afterwords alright?
Kathrine: Okay.

(Showing home video of Paris' birthday when she was younger)

(Paris blows out candles, Michael claps)

Michael: Good! Tell me what your wishes are for your birthday what would you like to see happen?
Paris: Um...
Michael: In your life. What do you want?
Paris: I do what you do.
Michael: What do I do?
Paris: You dance and sing.
Michael: That's what you wanna do?
(Paris nods)
Michael: Really?

(End clip)

O: We're on the couch. I like this house I was thinking this feels more open you can go outside without paparazzi shooting you right?

O: Yeah. Do you still have to have security everywhere you go all the time?
Paris: Unfortunately yes.
O: Unfortunately yes, makes it hard to get yourself in trouble doesn't it?
O: So the last time we spoke you were just getting ready to go into private school I think
(Paris nods)
and you were being home schooled before and so whats being in private school like for you versus being home schooled?
Paris: It's...more normal it's...fun and social life has gotten better I mean there's drama but I try to stay away from that.
O: I don't know what kind of drama happens in the 8th grade now.
Paris: Girls.
O: Girls. Girls. Does anybody try to bully you?
Paris: People have tried but it doesn’t always work.
O: People have tried to bully you?
O: Really? Really. How so?
Paris: Well at school and um some people try to cyber bully me they try to get to me with words but that doesn't really work.
O: That doesn't really work for you.
O: Yeah. I would think, well this is a surprise to me 'cause I would think everybody wanted to be your friend. I would think everybody would want to try to you know...
Paris: A lot of people don't like me.
O: Okay so why do a lot of people not like you? I can't imagine.
Paris: I don't know.
O: What tell me what you think it is? I know you're smart I can tell. I can tell that...
Paris: I don't know what it is.
O: Do you think they're jealous?
Paris: Maybe I donno.
O: Hm. Do you sense people trying to use you?
Paris: If I feel someones being fake to me I will just like push away cause there are kids that are like that in my school that talk so bad behind my back and they don't think that I can hear them. A lot of times I can hear them a lot of times friends tell me what they say and I'm like Okay. Cool.

O: So are you allowed to date yet?
O: Not allowed to date yeah. Are you allowed to date in groups?
Paris: Yes.
O: Like could you could you actually go to a mall with your friends?
O: You could but security would have to be somewhere.
O: How do your friends feel about that?
Paris: They think it's kind of creepy but some of them don't really care.
O: Do you remember when you were little little uh...younger and when you would go out in public like your face would be covered and you would be like secluded from the public? What were you...what did you think about that then or did you...
Paris: I was just really confused like I didn't get why I was wearing a mask but I understand it now. Why our Dad would want our face to be covered like when we went out without him we wouldn't be recognized we'd have a normal childhood.
O: Mm-hm. So you would only do that when you were with your dad?
O: Yeah and then when you weren't with your Dad you could go out and people wouldn't know who you were. Smart. Smart. And so did you feel that he wanted you to have a quote normal life?
Paris: Yeah he did.
O: Do you feel that he thought that that was possible with him being who he was?
Paris: He had his doubts cause I remember he told us that when he was younger he didn't really have a childhood like he would always be stuck in the studio singing and while other kids were out playing and he wanted us to have that. So a lot of times we'd go to Chuck E Cheese and everything and it was...that was Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us were are favorite places to go.
O: Really?
O: I was wondering how your father would feel about your and your brothers now being in the public eye, being photographed, being out...

(Showing clip of the kids)

Oprah: Paris says she knows her family is hesitant to her in the spotlight but she's dreamed of acting since she was a little girl. Just this year she landed the starring role in her first feature film Lundons Bridge And The Three Keys based on a young adult fantasy novel.

Paris: Acting's always been my passion.
Paris: and I just love it I think that it's amazing.

(Showing a clip of Lundons Bridge rehearsal)

O: Why do you love it?
Paris: I don't know like you can be a totally different person on camera it's fun and you can take on another character I think that that's just so awesome.
O: You know when we were talking last year or almost a year and a half ago one of the things that you said really surprised me and I think a lot of other people you were talking about your dad making breakfast for you.
O: And I thought that was such an interesting memory cause the world doesn't really perceive your father as you know a father who's making breakfast.

(Showing home video of the kids and Michael with a puzzle)

Can you tell us about your life with him and all the normal things that happened?
Paris: Like now...I see other kids and their parents and I compare them to my dad our dad was a really normal father like when he was with us.
Paris: Yeah. He would...we would get grounded if we did something bad.
O: He would ground you?
Paris: Yeah he would ground us.
O: Mm-hm.
Paris: But he wouldn't call it grounding he would just say you're on punishment.
O: You're on punishment.
Paris: Yeah and sometimes we'd be on punishment a lot.

O: Really?
Paris: Yeah. Mostly me and Blanket cause me and Blanket would always fight.
O: Are you and your brothers close?
Paris: Yes we are.
O: Have you gotten closer since your fathers death?
Paris: Well I mean Prince has started to drift off well he's a teenager like a teenage boy they're gonna do that try and separate themselves from the rest but me and Blanket have found a lot of things more in common, more things in common then I thought we did so me and him have gotten a lot closer.
O: So about what are do you recall realizing that your dad wasn't like other dads? Meaning he was Michael Jackson and he was famous.
Paris: Around like 9 or 10 I realized like wow he's really big.
O: Cause what would it be like to see Michael Jackson perform for the first time that's your dad.
Paris: It's like...Whoa. I was like that's my dad that's my dad and no one would believe me.
O: Are you able to listen to his music?
O: Is it comforting to you?
O: If you're out some place and suddenly you hear a song or a song comes out of nowhere and you weren't prepared for it does that-
Paris: I just start to dance.
O: You do?
O: You start to dance but it doesn't throw you into a sad place?
Paris: No unless it's a really sad song like um You Are Not Alone makes me cry.
O: How do you feel you are doing without him? How do you feel inside yourself that you're doing?
Paris: I don't--I think I'm doing alright. I mean me and my brothers we miss him with all our hearts but...
O: Do the memories come fast and furious still or some of it's fading and it gets a little easier to move on?
Paris: It never gets easier.
O: It doesn't?
Paris: No. Um a lot of times I'm in school and I'll remember something and I'll smile cause someone does something that reminds me of a memory and um I have quite a few memories and I can't selectively pick them they just come on their own.

Oprah: After our chat on the couch Paris introduced me to someone she says knows all her secrets.

Paris: This is my best friend, Micheala (spelling?)
O: Hi Michaela I'm Oprah.
Michaela: Nice to meet you.
O: Nice to meet you.

(Showing Paris' room)

Oprah: She showed me her room where the girls hang out after school doing homework and all that teenage girl stuff.
O: How are you feeling about her and her-
Paris: Miss model over here.
O: (Laugh) How are you feeling about her and her new movie career?
Michaela: I'm so proud of her. I...I'm really really proud of her.

(Showing Michael pictures in Paris' room)

Oprah: It was heart warming to see the touches of memorabilia Paris keeps of her legendary father. Then, it was lunch time. Thank you again Mrs. Jackson and Paris for a really good day. We all can't wait to see you shine on the big screen.

My personal thoughts. Eh to Oprah she sure said really a lot and put a lot of emphisis on normal but I wish Paris the best.

Back