Oprah to Interview Paris Jackson For A 2nd Time on "Next Chapter" Airing This Summer!

But, Paris has never disrespected her father, or anyone, has she? None of us know what this interview is about yet. All we know is that she talked to Oprah. Is it too premature to see this as a betrayal?

I understand fans' concerns. We want Paris to be successful and healthy. However, we have to keep in mind none of us here has any personal interaction with Paris. We feel we know the children, but we don't. How do we know the values Michael instilled in the children are being thrown away? In many regards, what Paris is doing is no different than many other teenagers her age. She's growing up. Like Gaz said, she will make mistakes, just like any one of us. We have to stop scrutinize every one of her moves. Just let her be.

I echo Petrarose's sentiment. We have to keep a distance. We can't expect the children to be exactly what Michael wanted them to be. I don't think I'm exactly the way my mom wanted me to be. Nonetheless, she still loves me. It's reality. Moreover, we'll never understand Paris' challenges. None of us here is the daughter of the most famous man in the world.

The children have no responsibility to answer to their father's fans. They have their own lifes to live. They have their own dreams to pursue.

:agree: Great post! :flowers: I totally agree with you.

@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried?
Yes they cried I was like WTF?! It was the big get at the time. The first to Interview the children after the public memorial and they we're thrilled that O would be the first to get that chance.

Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. o_O

In the behind the scenes O and her staff clearly were annoyed by Joe even being there. They looked creeped out by him litterally! O even said she was not there to interview him and she also was surprised by the amount of people that were invited in the house by the Jacksons just because she was there and who were all tryin o get her attention. Her staff wanted to get her out a soon as possible. So in no way were the Jacksons in my opinion even concern over O's negativity towards MJ. They were OVER F*CKIN thrilled this women was in their home!

Well, if she wants to be in this business, the reasoning that she's a kid isn't going to last forever. She's going to have to grow up to the fact of who's daughter she is and learn how to shut stuff down. There's a reason the media goes after moreso than Prince or Blanket.

Nowhere did I say she disrespected her father's legacy. Please comprehend what is being written cause the simple truth is this young girl is being used heavily right now.

:unsure:

I want to scream!!!!
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
kermit.gif
*big sigh*

we all know what Oprah did to michael. but do you guys remember michael jackson interview with barbara walter in 1997 or 1995 interview with diane sawyer. i'm sure mj knew who they were. but still went to set the record straight. although it didn't clean his name, at least he stood up and fight for it. sometimes in life you have to go through unpleasant people to get your word out. as we all know paris has nothing but positives things to say about his father. although we know the media will quote her words out of context, just like they did with mj. she is fighter, and will not stop until people see how wonderful her dad was,even though she might have to go through some hard times. But this is what she wants .to clean his father's name. and what better way than from her daughter's own mouth. now i'm not saying is right or wrong to do that, all i know mj was an excellent father and teach PPB positive values and we'll stay with them forever.

Last edited:
we all know what Oprah did to michael. but do you guys remember michael jackson interview with barbara walter in 1997 or 1995 interview with diane sawyer. i'm sure mj knew who they were. but still went to set the record straight. although it didn't clean his name, at least he stood up and fight for it. sometimes in life you have to go through unpleasant people to get your word out. as we all know paris has nothing but positives things to say about his father. although we know the media will quote her words out of context, just like they did with mj. she is fighter, and will not stop until people see how wonderful her dad was,even though she might have to go through some hard times. But this is what she wants .to clean his father's name. and what better way than from her daughter's own mouth. now i'm not saying is right or wrong to do that, all i know mj was an excellent father and teach PPB positive values and we'll stay with them forever.
Back in 95 and 97, it wasn't at all drove down our throats though that BW and DS hated MJ. Back then you didn't think much of them interviewing him. The most telling thing is, in his later years even with the worst team behind him, MJ the majority of the time, didn't knowingly go to a hater to interview him. Could you see MJ letting Kurt Loder or those clowns from Rolling Stone interview him? Hell no. But the way things are headed, would it really surprise anyone if those hags on The View land Paris for an interview.

We all know she's going to do great job on the show, it's just sucks seeing someone who did MJ so wrong continuously get rewarded.

Yeah that's how it feels. These people get rewarded and lucky enough to interview his kids. Michael was treated so badly and unfairly and he protected his kids. Now they will talk to the same people who will smile at them and act like they care. I am sorry it makes me ill and feels wrong. I know in showbusiness you have to talk to people but I don't agree with this choice.

oh lord............You got to be kidding me. Again? Great. Sometimes, I feel like I want to leave the non-MJ news world because so many related news are just make me really sad. Maybe I should just focus on the bad 25 DVD. Poor Paris, God bless you.

Oh dear... Can't Oprah actually interview people who do have something to tell?
Paris is beautiful, nice, MJ's daughter, but she still doesn't have a career.. she just has a Twitter account geez!

Is our world empty of any artistical event or celebrities so the biggest woman of TV had to interview a child to get her rates??

PPUUUHLEAAAASSSE!!!!

I don't believe she has changed her opinion of Michael. He is gone so she has total access to his family and his children because they allow it. So if anyone from the family goes on Howard Stern or talk to Martin Bashir that's okay too then? It's a platform for them to promote whatever. Last year everyone had a huge problem with KISS performing on the concert. The family allowed it and if it wasn't for fans complaining they would have performed even though they think Michael hurt children. I don't understand how one thing is okay and the other isn't. They all think the same of Michael.

Just goes to show that none of the family respected Michael or his wishes at all while he was alive and they still don't now that he's dead.

I've been having a doubt for a while. Has only Oprah been a bitch to Michael or with others celebs as well?
From what I have seen she only acts this way with MJ and not to other celebs. She has let guess of hers mention MJ in disrespectful ways on her show or she herself have brought MJ into the conversations with her guess to say something negative. She has a MAJOR problem with MJ being accused of molesting children and that is basically the root of it all and always has been. She takes it way personal because she says she was molested as a child. That is the real reason behind her negativity towards MJ. Shame this women who constantly told her audience the importance of reading can't even bother to do the same when it comes to finding out the truth about MJ.

From what I have seen she only acts this way with MJ and not to other celebs. She has let guess of hers mention MJ in disrespectful ways on her show or she herself have brought MJ into the conversations with her guess to say something negative. She has a MAJOR problem with MJ being accused of molesting children and that is basically the root of it all and always has been. She takes it way personal because she says she was molested as a child. That is the real reason behind her negativity towards MJ. Shame this women who constantly told her audience the importance of reading can't even bother to do the same when it comes to finding out the truth about MJ.

It sounds quite sensible what you're telling me about being a survivor of child abuse in her case. I guess she just was a hypocrit "supporting him" in the first false allegations. If I'm not mistaken she started to be openly a bitch since that dreadful documentary was aired on February 2003.

Besides thinking him guilty of hurting children, I really believe she's really envious and jealous of his massive success despite the awful events Michael had to go through.

I am sorry Oprah was hurt as a child but that doesn't mean that everyone accused of it is guilty. For someone who seems educated she acts ignorant. She hugs his mother, Jackie she had a crush on and hugs janet and is nice to his kids. If I was them I would not want to be around someone that thinks so low of a loved one. People like Oprah can go talk to someone else. She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael. Just thinking about this gets me annoyed.

It sounds quite sensible what you're telling me about being a survivor of child abuse in her case. I guess she just was a hypocrit "supporting him" in the first false allegations. If I'm not mistaken she started to be openly a bitch since that dreadful documentary was aired on February 2003.

Besides thinking him guilty of hurting children, I really believe she's really envious and jealous of his massive success despite the awful events Michael had to go through.
She never came to his defends in the first allegations. They never stayed in touch nor became friends in anyway after the interview MJ granted her in 93. MJ called in breifly to say hello to Q once when he was on her show a few yrs back and that's about it. But, your right she did not say mean things against him publicly until the Bashir interview where she basically let out what she reallly thought with her silence from the first allegations in the first place IMO.

She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael.
Many fans wrote her to have T-Mez (when he won the case) or/and Aprodite Jones (after she wrtote her book) to be invited on her show. But, she obviously did not care. She preferred people bad mouthing him instead like his ex-wife and her asking people who suck at defending him and just wanted to be on TV it seems like The Jacksons!

Last edited:
I am sorry Oprah was hurt as a child but that doesn't mean that everyone accused of it is guilty. For someone who seems educated she acts ignorant. She hugs his mother, Jackie she had a crush on and hugs janet and is nice to his kids. If I was them I would not want to be around someone that thinks so low of a loved one. People like Oprah can go talk to someone else. She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael. Just thinking about this gets me annoyed.

It's rumored she thought Michael used her with the '93 interview, that he KNEW the allegations were forthcoming, and he agreed to the interview for PR purposes to counter them. Who knows if she really felt that was the case or not. But what is so irritating about Oprah is as you say she is this supposedly educated woman, who touts herself as an openminded truth seeker and voracious reader, and she apparently hasn't read beyond headlines regarding MJ. Certainly her own experiences as a child abuse survivor factors into her beliefs. But her own experiences also include her being the subject of blatant malicious lies and her own family selling untrue stories about her to the tabloids. She knows how unscrupulous people can be, but she readily accepts the worse about MJ.

Her complete silence after his death, when even the president made a public statement about his loss, spoke volumes. She believed the worse about MJ and didn't want to make a public statement regretting his loss. At least she was being honest then. She didn't think him worthy of a statement. But now, she's as big a hypocrite as Gene Simmons was in agreeing to honor MJ at that money grab of a tribute. She's into a ratings grab. It doesn't matter how she personally feels about him, and she DOES still believe the worse of him, but public sentiment has softened toward Michael, so she can get good ratings in doing shows about him, so that's what she does. She's no better than the tabloids she criticizes.

If anything she used him in 1993 and it was that interview with Michael that changed her career for her to something higher. I can't stand her or her opinions. She is not god and the thought of her near his kids in any way makes me sick. I am sorry.

That rumor sounds so ridiculous IMO, Mike and the Chandler didn't meet in February, did they? And the allegations were made in August 1993. I bet she promised him when they were negociating that interview would be broadcast worldwide making him to have another record and that's why he agreed to do it.

In2003 she showed her true color indeed, I just don't get why Paris made a research about what that had has done to her father and I don't know why she's agreeing to make interviews if she doesn't have a career yet...

That rumor sounds so ridiculous IMO, Mike and the Chandler didn't meet in February, did they? And the allegations were made in August 1993. I bet she promised him when they were negociating that interview would be broadcast worldwide making him to have another record and that's why he agreed to do it.

In2003 she showed her true color indeed, I just don't get why Paris made a research about what that had has done to her father and I don't know why she's agreeing to make interviews if she doesn't have a career yet...

^^Probably she doesn't see anything wrong with that maybe it's normal for them. If the mother of her father accepted to be interviewed by Oprah why wouldn't she? Just look at the examples she's surrounded by. Her father's relatives surround themselves & make dubious bus. with people who only wanted to take advantage of Michael. That's normal in their own world. I believe she cares & loves her father very much, but I also believe she thinks she needs to be out in the public, remember there's a movie coming. Let's hope Oprah doesn't ask personal questions and that always remember she's talking to a child.

According to tvguide.com, Paris's interview with Oprah is set to air June 10th. Oprah is not going to be interviewing Paris for the whole episode like we first thought. There will also be an interview with 50 Cent as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/paris-jackson/301894

Very surprised she's not gonna air it on June 25 but Oprah will most likely show an encore that day..

Anyway the interview is 2 WEEKS.

According to tvguide.com, Paris's interview with Oprah is set to air June 10th. Oprah is not going to be interviewing Paris for the whole episode like we first thought. There will also be an interview with 50 Cent as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/paris-jackson/301894

Very surprised she's not gonna air it on June 25 but Oprah will most likely show an encore that day..

Anyway the interview is 2 WEEKS.

And here we go.... :fear:

It's rumored she thought Michael used her with the '93 interview, that he KNEW the allegations were forthcoming, and he agreed to the interview for PR purposes to counter them. Who knows if she really felt that was the case or not.

The information can easily be checked by oprah. MJ met jordie and the mother in 92 when his car broke down and was just in telephone contact as he was on the dangerous tour. He met up with them again in person, later in feb, after the oprah interview. It was just another family he had befriended, no different from the others he had got to know.

Re the interview:I always understood that mj was disappointed in dangerous sales and wanted to boost them, and he was deciding to open up a bit more to the media.

The vultures are going to rain down on Paris, Oprah evidently among them. I knew this was going to occur sooner or later, there was no stopping it. She's personable, she's beautiful, and she's Michael Jackson's daughter. Much danger ahead--it'd be in her best interest to distance herself completely from that world, but I don't see that happening. I think she likes the idea, but doesn't understand the gravity of fame just yet.

We'll see.

Much danger ahead--it'd be in her best interest to distance herself completely from that world, but I don't see that happening. I think she likes the idea, but doesn't understand the gravity of fame just yet.

We'll see.

^ Yes, totally agree. But it's not surprising seeing who she is surrounded by. The piers interview with mrs j was really revealing when he asked her how mj was affected by being the most famous person in the world. Mrs j offered no reflection or insight on the tremendous stresses and pressures that level of fame and constant scrutiny produces, but just said something about mj always being down to earth. I think the jacksons' mindset is still stuck in gary, indiana.

June 10th is the interview date. We should expect some previews & clips of Paris interview after the Neil Patrick Harris & hubby interview airs on 'Oprah's Next Chapter' tomorrow night.

capture6m.jpg

Back