Paris Jackson Rushed to Hospital After Possible Suicide Attempt

Re: Paris Jackson Possible Suicide Attempt Rushed to Hospital SHE IS OK

Jermaine has no say in what Paris does or where she goes. I doubt she is going to go to some boot camp in Utah.

I am wondering if the last few pages of this thread is becoming tabloidish--speculations written as truth. Is this happening because people are not getting new information, so like tabloids, they are creating their own stories?

I am wondering if the last few pages of this thread is becoming tabloidish--speculations written as truth. Is this happening because people are not getting new information, so like tabloids, they are creating their own stories?
well could be you're close to reality... but it's ppls worries here as the roots for it... not hunger for money.

This is still the last place I heard that Paris might be going. I guess the family doesn't want to take the time to find her a decent place, so Debbie is doing all the research and has found a place instate and close enough for her brothers to visit
But it looks as if Paris' mom Debbie Rowe, who has been busy researching facilities, may have found a place.

"It is in-state," notes the source. "But no specific date has been set for the move."

Meanwhile, Rowe continues to visit her daughter at the hospital every day.

"Debbie is spending the most time with her," the source says.

On Saturday, Rowe tweeted the following on behalf of Paris: "My daughter has asked that I extend a huge thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers and support. She is strong like her father.
http://www.eonline.com/news/435804/p...ty-says-source
-------------------------------

Again another kiss butt story about Debbie.

Paris Jackson Suicide Attempt UPDATE: Michael Jackson's Family Fights Facebook To Disable Daughter's Account

BY Ryan Book, Mstars News (RyanMBook88@gmail.com) , Mstarz reporter | Jun 27, 2013 11:34 AM EDT

There have been a number of hypotheticals thrown out as to why Paris Jackson may have tried to commit suicide, and odds are there's a bit of truth to each of them. The current go-to culprit is
angst built up from social media usage.

A large part of the problem is that social media sites like Twitter and Facebook allow nearly anyone to send messages or posts to other users, and the sites provide an outlet for trolls to taunt Paris about her father. Michael Jackson was one of the quirkier performers of all time, between his plastic surgeries and Neverland Ranch, and some less savory allegations of child molestation haunted the performer up until his death in 2009. The backlash has been even worse for his children.

The comments cut to the core of Paris, and on TMZ source said that "they destroyed her."

Paris has been removed from the internet and Facebook since being checked into the UCLA Medical Center for care following her suicide attempt earlier in June, but the Jackson family realizes that they can't keep her away from social media forever. For the time being, they've been attempting to shut down her Facebook page so she can protect her identity better in the future. The problem is that Facebook doesn't allow outsiders to close down the accounts of anyone above the age of 13. According to TMZ's source, the family fears that if Paris takes back to her Facebook account, especially following her suicide attempt, she could be driven right back to her original state.

Of course, social media isn't the only thing that's been weighing on Paris. Previous reports indicate that the teenager still hasn't gotten through the grieving process for her father, who died when she was just 11. Other reports indicate that she's had personality clashes with her current guardian, grandmother Katherine Jackson.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/1526...hts-facebook-to-disable-daughters-account.htm

The small part that I bolded above: :yes:

Michael was always right about what he did & how he raised his kids. These people have it backwards or they do it the Hard Way. Michael had it correct in the first place everyone should have praised him and respected his way of caring for his children this whole time.

As long as professional psychologists and psychiatrists are helping her, feeling emotionally better, that's what really matter to me, her whereabouts are secondary. I don't know why the hell filthy tabloids keep insisting, why don't they just leave that poor child alone!

As long as professional psychologists and psychiatrists are helping her, feeling emotionally better, that's what really matter to me, her whereabouts are secondary. I don't know why the hell filthy tabloids keep insisting, why don't they just leave that poor child alone!

"A large part of the problem is that social media sites like Twitter and Facebook allow nearly anyone to send messages or posts to other users, and the sites provide an outlet for trolls to taunt Paris about her father. Michael Jackson was one of the quirkier performers of all time, between his plastic surgeries and Neverland Ranch, and some less savory allegations of child molestation haunted the performer up until his death in 2009. The backlash has been even worse for his children.
The comments cut to the core of Paris, and on TMZ source said that "they destroyed her.""

After Michael passed away and Katherine was named as guardian, she should have hired therapist to kids to explain and help them understand what is to come being Michael's kids and how to cope with all the intrest on them. Michael kept them sheltered all of their lives, and after he passed they were thrown out to face cold and cruel world. She willingly took away the masks and threw them out there without any preparations what they might have to face.

No doubt, she will have to hear more crap about her father, but hopefully with professional help, she can deal with it.

Twitter Debbie from today:

Painted Desert Ranch@DJRJPDR8h
My daughter am Mercedes she's a natural horsewoman
BPBdUgICIAEhIzv.jpg

Paris Jackson Leaves Hospital for Residential Treatment Center

After a month at UCLA Medical Center following her June 5 suicide attempt, Paris Jackson left the hospital on Tuesday and headed to an undisclosed residential treatment center, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

The facility was selected by the 15-year-old's grandmother Katherine and her biological mother Debbie Rowe on the advice of Paris's UCLA doctors.

As for why the need for such continued, seemingly intensive, treatment, "The feeling is that Paris is still a danger to herself," explained the source. "Both Katherine and Debbie want her to get the help that she needs."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20715490,00.html

^^Another family source again spilling information for money to People.

I find it sad that this child has to be sent to a residential facility. Especially after Jermaine's candid remark, I am getting the feeling that she is being "put away" over there, where she can be quiet and not make a fuss to spoil certain people's plans. This thing about still a danger to herself, seems to me words to justify the institutionalization of Paris.

This reminds me so much about cases where the family causes a child so much stress that the child acts out. The child attempts suicide or has several emotional outbursts. To deal with the acting out behavior the child is evaluated & sent to these voluntary facilities & stays there for about a year. The child comes into contact with other teens with more severe psychological behaviors and they are all housed in there with the staff. There are set times when you can visit.

I just hope she goes to the facility because she needs professional help and not because she's a burden to her family, or because they want to quiet her down while the AEG trial is going.

Blessings to her.

I just hope she goes to the facility because she needs professional help and not because she's a burden to her family, or because they want to quiet her down while the AEG trial is going.

Blessings to her.

Me too, but why does she have to be institutionalized. I thing what is really angering me here is that you have a child with huge financial resources. Therefore, she can stay home, have a hoard of private tutors, have the best clinicians visit her for her therapy or she could go to their office. Then if group therapy is needed later on, the clinicians can arrange that within their practice. Sending her away, to me, means the root of her trouble is the home or the family cannot monitor her safety. Anyway you do not have therapy all through the day in a residential facility. If she needs monitoring to prevent her from harming herself, then someone can be hired to be her personal nanny.

I know I have my biases such as no nursing homes for your elderly parents unless it is really necessary and you cannot cope; no synthetic medication unless the alternative natural medicine is not working or takes too long; no leaving babies with sitter and going to work unless you have no other choice; no institutionalization unless there is no other choice. Are they saying this child is being institutionalized because there is no other choice or this is the best solution? How could that be?

I'm a survivor of a school very similar to Diamond Ranch and i am so worried and concerned about Paris being sent to this place. I lost my mom when I was 14 so I understand what Paris is going through.

Real psychiatric facilities only stabilize patients and then want them to return home with their families in a normal environment and have out-patient treatment. The environment in these programs isn’t real life. These are programs designed to break-down so-called out of control teens so they can "build them back up". The problem is this doesn't work very well with depressed teens who already feel worthless and hopeless.

Diamond Ranch is a for-profit school. Like the rest of the trouble teen industry, they have a very flashy website and brochures designed to convince parents these programs can solve any and all problems. But they are not equiped to deal with mental illnesses.

There is a bill in the House, Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2013 (HR 1981), which would make the programs used by Diamond Ranch and similar schools, completely illegal. Already these programs are illegal in most states. Only a handful, especially Utah and Arizona, allows these programs to exist.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr1981/report#nation

I spent 15 months at the ‘therapeutic’ boarding school I was sent to and was finally transferred to a psychiatric hospital after they were forced to admit their program was making my condition worse. I was at Level 0. Level 0’s were not allowed to talk unless spoken to by staff, not allowed to do anything but be in their room and complete work hours and only allowed to eat rice and green beans.

Upon being hospitalized, I was diagnosed with severe anemia due to malnutrition.

At no point in those 15 months did I go hiking, ride horses, do any sort of equestrian therapy. The only time I was allowed outside was to do manual labor or forced running in flip flops that resulted in severe damage to my ankle ligaments. They didn’t care that my ankles hurt, they told me to keep running and I got more running time added on for being slow.

There’s no real accreditation for these places other than organizations the troubled teen industry has created. Any complaints are written off as coming from bad kids who lie. I was just a kid who was unwanted and dealing with major depression. My dad and stepmother lived in another country and I wasn't able to go to a regular boarding school. So, I was sent to a "therapeutic" one.

I spent 15 months at the ‘therapeutic’ boarding school until was finally transferred to a psychiatric hospital after they were forced to admit their program was making my condition worse. I was at Level 0. Level 0’s were not allowed to talk unless spoken to by staff, not allowed to do anything but be in their room and complete work hours and only allowed to eat rice and green beans.

Upon being hospitalized, I was diagnosed with severe anemia due to malnutrition.

At no point in those 15 months did I go hiking, ride horses, do any sort of equestrian therapy. The only time I was allowed outside was to do manual labor or forced running in flip flops that resulted in severe damage to my ankle ligaments. They didn’t care that my ankles hurt, they told me to keep running and I got more running time added on for being slow.

There is a one-size-fits all approach at these programs. it doesn't matter if kids are there because they are being treated for emotional eating or grief issues or are sent there after drug detox. The staff treats everyone the same. The emphasis on the program is utter and complete control. They are able to have 20 of "troubled" teen supervised by a early 20-something staffer
that they pay next to nothing. Compare that to an actual mental hospital which has a 2-1 staff to patient ratio.

Maybe this is all just a decoy and not where Paris is being sent. I'm just so concerned for her since I went through such hell and it has taken me years to recover. My dad isn't a bad guy. he thought he was helping me. he believed their sales pitch. He thought that place was something it was not.

If paris is going through intake right now. god please help her.

^ about her being 'put away', there was an article last time(posted in this thread) that said a source told em that she wanted to get out of that house and rather stays at the hospital, something like that can't remember the exact words.
Im not saying its true, but its as if the picture the media is tryin to paint is becoming clearer. And i really hope from my heart that all of this isnt true..
This young lady has a few years to go before she can say whats best for her and God knows what will happen till then.
Prayin for all the children in the world, including you dear child:pray:

It is truly disgusting that Joe and Katherine Jackson and their children have not loved and protected the true treasures of Michael Jackson's life his children:, Prince, Paris, and Blanket. But, I know Michael Jackson still watches over his children, and God is not mocked.

Quotes from the New Testament:

Mark 9:42

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."

Matthew 18:10-11

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their Angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in heaven.”

angel3l.gif
Dear Paris Jackson: Stay Strong. You are much loved.
angel3r.gif

Last edited:

Unbreakable90 I am so sorry for what you had to endure! It's so wrong to do that to kids or better teenagers!

However I hope it will all go well for Paris!
For that she'll find some better surroundings than her family and Buckley for her upbringing! (Not saying those are bad... just for Paris they are just not the best choice).
Some psychiatrists, therapists and teachers and new friends who can might be also rolemodels showing her it's possible to live a happy life!

Mechi;3867575 said:
Unbreakable90 I am so sorry for what you had to endure! It's so wrong to do that to kids or better teenagers!

However I hope it will all go well for Paris!
Some psychiatrists, therapists and teachers and new friends who can might be also rolemodels showing her it's possible to live a happy life!

No, it would not work for Paris. I understood as unbreakable90’s message is to tell us how it could not work for Paris. I oppose the institutionalization. This is not what she needs. She will be more unhappy than now and she will only longed to go home. With their money, all the best methods would be possible. I think Petrarose’s suggestion is better and more appropriate than institutionalization. She needs freedom, she does not need life locked up for several months, which is depressant, hopeless and reaaly harmful. Poor Paris :cry:

Petrarose;3867514 said:
Me too, but why does she have to be institutionalized. I thing what is really angering me here is that you have a child with huge financial resources. Therefore, she can stay home, have a hoard of private tutors, have the best clinicians visit her for her therapy or she could go to their office. Then if group therapy is needed later on, the clinicians can arrange that within their practice. Sending her away, to me, means the root of her trouble is the home or the family cannot monitor her safety. Anyway you do not have therapy all through the day in a residential facility. If she needs monitoring to prevent her from harming herself, then someone can be hired to be her personal nanny.

I just don't think we can judge the situation without ever talking to Paris and/or her doctors and therapists ever and it can go bad but it can go also good.

Maybe it was really Paris wish not to turn back home?! for example.

I do not think anybody does wish her bad.

See some of these fascilities indeed do help young ppl and not everybody working in there is surely bad or evil intended. And not all of these institutions are handled like jail for youngsters.

I read in the tabloids (yes, they are tabloids,) I know that Paris wants to go home, but that it is Katherie who is not ready for fear of her repeating suicidal acts.
Anyway I agree with you to say : “I just don't think we can judge the situation without ever talking to Paris and/or her doctors and therapists ever and it can go bad but it can go also good." What we could do is to think of general cases in very general way.
However, I will never send my own daughter in an institution whatever happens, because I know myself as a Unbreakable90 what life is like in an institution, especially its negative points which are in general denied by parents and mental health professionals.

Maybe it was really Paris wish not to turn back home?! for example
---------

considering what we know im more inclined to believe/hope the above is the situation. why would u want to go back to the environment that helped create the issues in the first place

@Petra. I didn't think about the option to have specialized professionals take care of her at her home. That'll be ideal but we don't know (or maybe we do) if the house/family is the root of the problems and of course, the tremendous change in her way of living. There were too many drastic changes in her young life. From being immensely loved and protected by her father to no father, no love, no protection, being bullied, seeing her family fighting over her dad's money and to top it all, her own physical & psychological teenage changes.

I wonder if the kids that are sent to those institutions by their parents hold any resentment towards them? Sometimes it's difficult for teenagers to express their feelings and thoughts because they might think people don't understand them, they're going to laugh at them, or because they think others don't care.

I don't know much about those kind of institutions but my mom used to work in a hospital for people with mental problems. She said there were certain patients that were kind of fine but there were other two groups, the calmed ones and the aggressive ones. The calmed ones were calm because of the meds and the solution they had for the aggressive ones was to increase or change the meds. That patients had their own consult with the psychiatrist but didn't help much because the approach was almost similar to all the patients.

For what I'm reading here I take the people in those institutions expect submission from their patients and that doesn't work with me. I think a person, a child/teenager/adult, have the right to express what their thinking and what they want, of course I expect rules from the people in charge but not dictatorship.

I don't know if an a place away from home to rehabilitate is good or bad for her, is that really a home? I feel as if she has no place, I mean she has a home and she has a family, but is it really a home? are they really treating her as a family? I don't live with them but I see they're seeing Michael's children as their commodity. So I don't know where is better to go to get better. But I have another concern and it has to do with meds. Just hope the docs are prudent and know how much is too much. I'm not saying it'll happen to Paris but some people start to like the effects of them or sometimes they used it to get emotionally & mentally away from their surroundings.

I wish her the best and hope she gets the best medical help she needs and that it works so she can recover completely. She's an sparkling girl and that sparkle has to be part of her again.

Last edited:

@Unbreakable90. Sorry for the loss of your mom and for the time you spent at that institution. I know the sadness of the loss of your mom will remain but hope your stay at the institution didn't scar you. best wishes to you.

unbreakable90;3867534 said:
I'm a survivor of a school very similar to Diamond Ranch and i am so worried and concerned about Paris being sent to this place. I lost my mom when I was 14 so I understand what Paris is going through.

Real psychiatric facilities only stabilize patients and then want them to return home with their families in a normal environment and have out-patient treatment. The environment in these programs isn’t real life. These are programs designed to break-down so-called out of control teens so they can "build them back up". The problem is this doesn't work very well with depressed teens who already feel worthless and hopeless.

Thanks so much for your personal experience. You point out so many reasons why I am concerned about this child going to any residential treatment facility. I feel there are better options out there since Paris has much resources. I feel a parent like Michael would say what can I do to have her at home and still allow her to get the clinical help she needs. I am sure under such situations, the hospital psychiatrist would then work out a good plan for the family and child and direct them to suitable therapists.

If Paris does not want to be at home because the humans there are not willing to change their behavior to help her, then a facility should not be the next best thing. With her resources, she can be given her own apartment with adequate supervision. Grandma has her own wing in that house, so they could think of Paris' place as a little wing. There are several teens in the US whose home environment is not conducive to their health. They have to stay with family, friends, some end up on the streets, some are sent to group homes or residential treatment facilities. With her resources, placing Paris in an institution, is one of the saddest things I have seen since Michael's death. I even have a lower regard, if that is possible, of Katherine and the other guardian, and now Debbie.

If we look at the family sources claims (we don't have information from reputable sources) then the problem is:

the AEG case
bullying at school and on internet
father's death

We know:
child on internet late in night = lack of supervision
child looking for grandma = lack of supervision
child had Michael wall = dealing with grief
child seeking Debbie = looking for love

Now child spends 1 month in the psychiatric ward in a hospital and is now sent to a residential facility. Yet all her problems can be dealt with if she lives in a house. She needs a good and loving guardian or a 24 hour nanny who can set limits of no internet/twitter/facebook. She needs tutors to work on her academics. She needs clinicians dealing with grief, self-esteem, etc. We all know that you can get all this in the US without going to a residential facility. So, why is she there?

Aquarius I understand you. I worked in one during my college years. One of the main problems I have with them is that they bring together children of diverse psychological/behavioral/emotional/mental problems. This means that you may have a child depressed due to grief in daily contact with a child who has psychotic episodes and is violent. Something else I know from my experience is that when you are given psychotropic meds, sometimes they break down. The meds are working well and you are stable and then after months & months, they may not work. The patients who are taking them to remain calm, will then become very physically aggressive. You then have to send them to the hospital and the psychiatric ward keeps them there for over a month. During that period the patient gets super dosages of the drug and then they bring you back to a gradual decrease in the meds. I always noticed that when the patient was brought back to the facility after a stay at the hospital that they would be drugged up. You can see by their gait, constantly falling asleep/slow speech, that they have a lot of meds in them. Of course this stops once the dosage is gradually decreased.

Some fans say maybe she does not want to go home. I don't blame her if that is the case, but why an institution?
Michael's child should not be there. This is not the 1600's where the first solution is the orphanage or workhouse or Bedlam. I think certain people took the easy way out, in dealing with Paris, and the easy way was to look for an institution. It takes more work to set up a home environment that is conducive to the child.

Anyone remember the black and white Helen Keller movie? Notice that the child could not stay in that home even though the parents were loving. The parents were not able to do what needed to be done so that the child would learn. The child had to be taken to that tiny house, which was really on the property and the teacher had to create the type of learning environment that would foster Helen's learning. The teacher had complete control of the child's environment. It worked, and all this was accomplished without institutionalizing the child. Also notice that the mother said she could not place her child in an institution. Paris needs a guardian like that. Of course the practices in institutions in the 18 and 1900s is worse than they are now, but Helen's mom used their money to find a better option for the child. These were wealthy people. How come they could find and pay a woman to come to their home to help their child and the King of Pop's daughter has to go to an institution.

OOPs sorry for double post.

CherubimII;3867571 said:
It is truly disgusting that Joe and Katherine Jackson and their children have not loved and protected the true treasures of Michael Jackson's life his children:, Prince, Paris, and Blanket. But, I know Michael Jackson still watches over his children, and God is not mocked.

Quotes from the New Testament:

Mark 9:42

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."

Matthew 18:10-11

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their Angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in heaven.”

angel3l.gif
Dear Paris Jackson: Stay Strong. You are much loved.
angel3r.gif

It's as if the Guardians set out to do the EXACT opposite of what MJ was doing. MJ understood so well the suffering and neglect and powerlessness of children, how they were NOT listened to, and how much value listening and empowering them would have not only for them but for our whole society, and yet here they have endangered all the care and love and effort he did, all his plans, by their obstinacy in not following what he laid out in the way he raised his children. I agree with Petra, that this is a new low to send Paris to an institution. She needs THERAPY and LOVE and SUPPORT. I hope God and MJ are watching over her and her brothers will help her and stand by her.

"The Lost Children"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxNZJjvl2wc

We pray for our fathers, pray for our mothers Wishing our families well
We sing songs for the wishing, of those who are kissing
But not for the missing

[CHORUS 1]
So this one’s for all the lost children
This one’s for all the lost children This one’s for all the lost children, wishing them well
And wishing them home

When you sit there addressing, counting your blessings Biding your time
When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping
Because I’m keeping a place

[CHORUS 2]
For all the lost children
This is for all the lost children
This one’s for all the lost children, wishing them well And wishing them home

Home with their fathers,
Snug close and warm, loving their mothers
I see the door simply wide open But no one can find thee

[CHORUS 3]
So pray for all the lost children Let’s pray for all the lost children Just think of all the lost children, wishing them well
This is for all the lost children This one’s for all the lost children
Just think of all the lost children Wishing them well, and wishing them home

Katherine and Joe don’t see anything wrong with their parenting skills. In fact they seem hell bent on proving the job they did with their cubs is superior. Fuse that with the fact that the ring leaders in the Granny napping have wanted revenge on Paris since last summer and you can see why she is locked away out of sight and out of mind.

Back