Pharrell Williams Talks Michael Jackson, Daft Punk

Dtwmjj

Proud Member
Pharrell Williams has spoken about the comparisons between himself and the late Michael Jackson in a new interview for GQ Style.

The N.E.R.D. star - who posed in a tartan trouser suit and a heavy-knit hat for the shoot by Terry Richardson - said of the King of Pop: "That's, like, incredibly generous and kind and overreaching. That's hard for me to process.

"I could never dance like him. He had everything. He was where I realised can do-ness because he never lived with boundaries. He kind of lived with no time… I've not met many people like that, who don't perceive parameters."

He added: "Sometimes they go too far and off the deep end but Michael was teetering on that line of genius and insanity an you've never seen anyone walking that tightrope for so long and he did. That man was a special one."

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/pharrell-williams/390446-pharrell-williams-gq-style-michael-jackson

1sy.gif

That is so lovely of Pharrell to say that, I'm glad he is so vocal about expressing Michaels genius!

"Sometimes they go too far and off the deep end but Michael was teetering on that line of genius and insanity an you've never seen anyone walking that tightrope for so long and he did. That man was a special one."
That's deep. One of the most refreshing words about Michael out of the ones I've heard lately.
That is actually a fantastic way to explain Michael. Wow. Awesome words.
I second that. Somebody goes the extra mile to study him and it shows.

Thanks Dtwmjj for posting. I read this article when you 1st posted it in September
but just now decided to post.

Simply, I'm a fan of Pharrell. Not hard core the way I am with Michael but a fan
none the less. I love his In My Mind cd.
With that being said, of course I agree with you guys.
Do yall remember there was a TV show where many artists were interviewed?
Anyway, Pharrell told the story about talking to MJ and then singing a very small bit
of "That's What You Get for Being Polite." And Michael to Pharrell was like, "You remember that?" *smile*

That's hard for me to process.
I get that.

can do-ness
Cool phrasing.
That man was a special one."
Never a true-er word has been spoken.

:)
Thank you

Oh, btw, he got married on Saturday, October 12th to a model. Congrats to them!

Last edited:
Back