Pictures / News from Forest Lawn 2011

Oh Rhilo! I love the poem but I can't help but cry!
As I pictured every one of those lines in my mind, it gave me peace.
It's his spirit that I sense in those words. But still I cry!!!!!

You are welcome sweetie :)

Hi guys,
I also went there on June 25th and it was beautiful! Seeing all these flowers and gifts for Michael really melted my heart. Some flowers were even brought to the inside of the mausoleum by some security men! And the fans were so nice too - we all met each other and talked together. There were also some Michael impersonaters and other people who danced to his music. Many fans also sang MITM and WATW for Michael there. At 2:26 pm, we did a circle (some photos and videos of it were already posted here) and observed a minute's silence - quite emotional.
It was really beautiful and I spent more than 2 hours there - although I could have stayed the whole day, but I had to fly back to Germany in the evening :(

Here are some photos, taken by me:

148m6mr.jpg

344dvnm.jpg

1zcha1l.jpg

fon5v7.jpg

dhamuh.jpg

68hkwy.jpg

25sbtcn.jpg

Oh~!! thanks for sharing those pics.
really beautiful.
I hope I go to there some day..

This is beautiful, but it got me thinking... Wouldn't it be so nice if people who never get a rose or a moment or a thought could have a flower? When I was a delivery driver, a few times I delivered flowers to people in the hospital. This one woman got the flowers from her son and she was so ill but so thankful. She just cradled those flowers and tears slipped out and down onto them. She told me a little bit of her story and I listened. So many I walked past had no one and nothing in their rooms. They looked very sad and I wished I had a flower for each one of them.

Could we please do something a little different this year for his birthday and maybe next on the anniversary of his death? Could we take the flowers we were going to give to him and bring them all somewhere where the invisible people are? The ones forgotten? In nursing homes or homeless on the street, maybe those in the hospital in wards where there isn't much hope? Could we bring them hope? I may not have the money to bring flowers this year, but I could bring myself. Maybe that would be enough.

Some inspiration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x...h&list=PLB693A9C61F506D92&index=25&playnext=0 Just someone bringing a little love to those who need it most.

In MJ's honour, we could tell people who receive why we are doing it. For MJ because he had such a kind heard and gave throughout his life even into death.. and we are his fans continuing our part of his legacy. Then it's educating people about who he REALLY is. The heart of the man. Might be nice AND something that would be good for him as well. Then if media thinks his fans are getting smaller in number because all the flowers aren't as much as the year before, we can even video tape these things and put together something to show that isn;t the case.IF that is a part of it that's important.

Last edited:
Ape, I did both. One can always donate toys the very same day to a hospital or simply put a flower on an unknown child's grave at your local cemetery.

I think these flower donation efforts are so successful because a donation there is usually less than a 60 Dollar flower arrangement at Forest Lawn- which is quite a hefty amount in my eyes.

Back