Polish MJ Fans

I just got off the phone with her :D she was so sweet :heart: I tried to say hi she laughed. I told her all the words I know and she laughed more :lol:

She was telling me tons of stories of poland when she was a kid and I was such a nerd about it :fear: Her name is "czeslawa" but we call her teresa :mello: her last name I can say but can't spell. I can try :fear:
Olszewski? :mello:??
She was born on October 15, 1907 :mello:
she met her husband karl (we spell it with a c :lol:) when she was 11. They went to school with each other. They were married at 15 in 1922. Karl was drafted during WWII and he survived and died at the age of 93. She was telling me stories of the war and I teared up several times :( they immigrated to the us after the war in 1948. They lived here in rhode island for 52 years then moved down to Florida :lol: I was able to ask her about the recent news and she did not know about it :( it was heartbreaking to tell her :( She said pretty much the EXACT thing you guys have been saying.

she says hi to everyone and the key to a long life is lots and lots of candy :lol:

:heart:

hi to Czesia! :wild:
this woman KNOWS what she's talking about!!!:punk:whoever said candy's bad for ya - pfft!:popcorn:

that's so sweet you got to talk to her, for an elderly she's got a sharp mind - how wonderful is that?
Czeslawa is an old-fashioned name, I'm not sure why you're calling her Teresa, is it because it's easier to say? :D I think you've spelled her last name correctly, too.:yes:

Oh she's hysterical for an older lady :lol:

I'd be lucky to remember anything at that age :lol:

and really???!?? Wow I took a crap shoot trying to spell that :lol: and yea no idea why we call her teresa :mello: sure is easier to say that's for sure :lol:

Waldemar Pawlak będzie kandydował na prezydenta. Jeżeli wygra (wątpię, ale gdyby jednak) to kto będzie Pierwszą Damą? Żona czy konkubina? :lol:

I'm in pieces, guys... I just spoke to the vet. My baby boy is very very sick. He's deteriorating. The vet was trying to be very gentle with us, as both hubby and I were pretty much sobbing into the phone, and she chose her words carefully, but we both know... don't want to admit that... but we both know what she was trying NOT to say...

Guys, please, pray for my little baby, I don't know what I'm gonna do if he doesn't make it... And it really doesn't look like he will :cry:

DSC00094.jpg

hang in there, my little man...
we love you so much...

:weeping:

I will think all the time and send vibrant life energy, maybe that will help somehow.
Hang in there honey, I hope with you that it WILL get better!!!

:give_heart: :give_heart: :give_heart:

*Michael, I don't know if you see that from up there above,
there's something to look into and take care about. Runtie is sick.
Use some of your energy... Take care of him, ok?*

Don't worry about posting sad post here, we're all here for you Aś :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

thank you so much, Limon!
I couldn't sleep last night, just kept talking to him, although he cannot hear me (or maybe he can?) and telling him to hold on, to fight it. One's just never ready for these things...
thank you for thinking of him, I have no words to tell you how much I appreciate it. I too hope that Mike can use his influence with whomever up there and will not let this happen...

L.O.V.E guys

got some good news from the vet this morning - Runtie has made it through the night, has perked up a little and is still very much critically ill, but he started eating and pooping a little again, is being pumped with fluids and meds, and is fighting.

thank you so much for sending positive vibes his way, and for support - MJ fans are the best!

(Runtie is an MJ fan as well. ;))

hang in there, my little man...

DSC00001.jpg

Still thinking about you Fluff and Runtie :heart:

thank you, Limon!:huggy:
i'm an emotional wreck, felt so positive this morning, but just had another phone call from the vet (they're pretty good at keeping us updated) and she said he hasn't really improved since we've seen him this afternoon, and i just had a break down...
i know, she didn't say he's deteriorated, but i'm just so worried about him... i just want to bring him home, i want him to get better and just spoil him and make all of this up to him... it would just be so unfair if after all he's been through, all the pain, if he didn't get to come back home...

i don't know what to do, this is horrible

It might be because the improvement takes time... Runtie is strong but is also small and delicate, he's fighting but it takes time.
The most important thing is that he isn't worse. When you see him next, tell him we all love him and that he'll be named an official mascot of the Polish thread :D
I know it's silly but maybe he'll feel more special and be stronger :)

Sounds like the vet is also very good. He's in good hands...
Don't worry, you can always to tell us here how you feel ok?

It might be because the improvement takes time... Runtie is strong but is also small and delicate, he's fighting but it takes time.
The most important thing is that he isn't worse. When you see him next, tell him we all love him and that he'll be named an official mascot of the Polish thread :D
I know it's silly but maybe he'll feel more special and be stronger :)

Sounds like the vet is also very good. He's in good hands...
Don't worry, you can always to tell us here how you feel ok?

Limon, you're really wonderful, do you know that?:wub:
Aww, official mascot of the Polish thread, that's just made my day! :D I sooo needed that smile!

I really hate doing this, but it's just so much worry and pain, he's our little baby, like a child in many ways, and I'm sitting here crying, and feeling helpless, and it just helps to at least be able to talk to someone... Thanks so much.

Guys, really - feel free to discuss other topics, I really don't mean to stiffle any other things you feel like saying, it doesn't have to be about Runtie all the time - it's just that it's such a devastating thing to me, I'm unable to stop crying or think or talk of anything else, and sharing all this with you helps a lot. I'm really grateful that I can. But do carry on, please don't feel like you can't say something funny, or share something joyous, or something that's on your mind because I'm being sad.

If I could only ask one thing, it'd be that you send a positive thought my baby's way, I really believe positive thinking can change the course of things, and right now all I really want from life is that my piggy boy gets better, so we can bring him home and make all of this up to him.

Love you guys, I really do. You're the best.

Last edited:
We love you too Fluff. Mostest. And I'm not that wonderful :blush:
I'm sending my thoughts. Please post a pic of our new official mascot :):):)

I'm running running running as usual. Yesterday I had a relationship-talk.
Those of you that might have a foreign bf, you know how sometimes cultural stuff is so confusing!!! :unsure:
But it's all good today :)
The weather is like this too :sun: it's a CRIME to work on such a day!

:ciao:

thanks for the visitor message pressie fluff :hug:

it is just....:dribble: that mask :shifty::naughty::baby::fear::evil::ninja:

The Guinea Pig Slavery Group, in association with Clean Up My Poops Committee, proudly presents:

THE OFFICIAL "POLISH MJ FANS" THREAD MASCOT - RUNT

(also known as 'Runtie Pig', 'Runtos the Freshmaker', 'Dafty', 'Dumbo', 'Cutie Pie', 'Good boy!', 'Aww, He's So Cuuuute!!!', 'Mo-Man' & 'The Male Human's Favourite', among other things)

mascot.jpg

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away...

Last edited:
We love you too Fluff. Mostest. And I'm not that wonderful

You are. :yes:

I'm sending my thoughts. Please post a pic of our new official mascot :):):)

Done-done.:yes: ^^

I'm running running running as usual. Yesterday I had a relationship-talk.
Those of you that might have a foreign bf, you know how sometimes cultural stuff is so confusing!!! :unsure:

Ah, tell me about it! Had that talk 1,256,923 times. It gets really frustrating at times. And not just the cultural differences, but the upbringing as well... Little things. Like - when hubby lived at home with his parents, he was never allowed to just help himelf to food, had to wait for meal times, couldn't have an apple without asking first, and even when he asked, the answer was mostly 'no'. I grew up in a household where the motto was - if the food's there, it's there to be eaten. It's not a decoration, so stop fussing and help yourself. It's a small thing, I know - but when we started living together, and hubby would ask me if he can have a piece of cheese, or whether he can eat the leftover chicken, or whether he could have a piece of chocolate, asking every damn time he wanted to munch on something, at first I was puzzled, and eventually downright pissed off. STOP ASKING ME, JUST EAT IT! Dayum!:smilerolleyes:

My baby's given up. He's not eating. He doesn't even want to be force-fed anymore. We've been told it's very hard to feed him now, and that he's looking sad and uncomfortable.

My heart is in pieces. I've cried so many tears already, but they still keep on coming. It's all I can do right now - sit here, and cry.

He's been put on a new antibiotic today, different to the one he's been on so far, but if there's no improvement by tomorrow morning, we're just gonna have to do it... We're just gonna have to give up on him, too... For his sake. He does not deserve any more pain and discomfort.

I'm still hopeful. It's destroying me, but I just cannot help hoping, believing, that a miracle is going to happen overnight... Miracles do happen. We need one, now.

My Sunshine is slipping away from us... :cry:

I hope he can still be a mascot of this thread, no matter what happens...

oh yum, choccies!

Wonderful thing has happened today... This morning I was full on packing up for a 'funeral'. There was still that hopeful feeling in the back of my head, but it was very faint. I really thought that was it.
But the vet rang, and she said - we're going to give him 24 more hours, he's still in a very bad shape, but he started moving around this morning, so the meds might be working. She's a very good vet, kinda famous in the guinea pig world, so we trust her judgement.
We'd gone to see him, just came back. He was brought to us, and full-on came up to us for kisses and started sniffing around, and took a bit of parsley from us and nibbled on it, and then a bit of lettuce... We gave him a blanket which the other two pigs laid on before (Browneye even whizzed on it for his brother) and he really loved it, he was sniffing around and fleeing that blanket, and moving, even growled at me once - too many kisses, didn't like that. He looked so much better than last time we've seen him, so even though he lost weight and still wasn't the pig we knew, it is not over for him yet.

What a ride, I tell ya... I lost 4 pounds in the last four days, I got a cold sore, I'm practically chain-smoking, it's just up-down, up-down all the time...

Fingers crossed for my little warrior. For a runt of the litter (the weakest, smallest one - hence his name) he's putting up a helluva fight. I'm so proud of my little man!:wub:

Back