Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson's Humanitarian Legacy

Jackson supported many charities during his life.

Updated: Saturday, 04 Jul 2009, 6:02 PM PDT
Published : Saturday, 04 Jul 2009, 4:56 AM PDT

Keith-Perry-in-the-burn-center.jpg

Even as a burn victim himself, after the infamous Pepsi incident, Michael still reaches out to other (burn)patients

Los Angeles (myFOXla.com) - Michael Jackson expressed tremendous interest in humanitarianism, equality, and world peace for all of his adult life.

He did this through song... Can You Feel It, Man in the Mirror, and We Are the World... and so many other ways.

bacio-bimbo.jpg

"Michael was a tremendous humanitarian," says reknowned music manager and producer, Ken Kragen. "I don't think he got the credit certainly in the later years with everything that happened."

Kragen was key in gathering the mega-stars who got behind 1985's "We Are the World" project for USA for Africa, which aided famine relief efforts in Africa.

001+(1).jpg

"'We Are The World' had to be the seminal moment in his life in terms of doing things for others," Kragen says.

A year after that, Jackson got involved in recruiting stars as Kragen conceived and organized the Hands Across America project... seven million people joining hands to raise money to fight hunger and homelessness in America.

"It forced the government, particularly the president, to release 800-million dollars in feeding funds for women, infants, and children", says Kragen.

Michael Jackson visited hospitals and orphanages wherever he went.

014.jpg

Michael Jackson visits a hospital in Manilla, the Philippines

Since his death, he's received many tributes from all kinds of people.

"Try to remember that Michael Jackson loved each and every one of us," says Rep. Charles Rangel of New York. "Not just here in Harlem, but all over the world."

images

Michael shakes then President Jimmy Carter's hand

"He did it because of his heart," according to Aphrodite Jones, author of 'The Michael Jackson Conspiracy.' "He wanted to because he wanted to give."

hosp23.jpg

Jones says she came to appreciate Jackson's compassion and generosity while writing the book.

After covering the trial in Santa Maria, how does she think Michael Jackson changed when it came to humanitarian efforts?

"Michael was never the same after the trial," says Jones. "He felt betrayed, not only by the media but also by many of the people closest to him in his life. All he had left was his family."

Jones says, from that point forward, people just ignored his decades of humanitarian work.

Lou Ferrigno is among those who remember, as he expressed during an appearance on FOX 11's Good Day LA during the week after Jackson's death. Ferrigno was Jackson's personal trainer as he prepared for his upcoming concert series.

Michael-Jackson-Charity-300x192.jpg

What More Can I Give

"It was all about love," Ferrigno says of Jackson's sense of giving. "Giving, reaching love. And being a genuine soul."

Ken Kragen says Michael Jackson's death leaves a hole in charitable fundraising for many pressing causes. He wonders if that void will ever be filled since, as he told us, the opportunities to use such tremendous stardom to make such humanitarian strides will always be rare.

PHOTO_4351584_7691_7734553_main.jpg

One of these Guiness world records was the record of the Greatest Humanitarian, having given over 300 million to 39 different charities!

Source:

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/entertainment/celebrity_news/Jackson_Humanitarian_Legacy_20090703

Michael Jackson Scholarship Fund at UNCF Reminds of His Generosity

michael-jackson-scholarship-uncf.jpg

It’s been a week since the shockwave of Michael Jackson’s passing has rippled through the world. Thankfully for even the smallest fans, Jackson’s legacy lives on through his incredible music. While he’ll always be remembered as one of the most iconic singers and performers of all time, he’ll also be remembered as a generous humanitarian who shared much of his wealth with those who needed it most.

One remarkable contribution was made to the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) in 1986, a $1.5 million donation that went to establish a scholarship endowment in Jackson’s name. In 1988, Jackson made a subsequent donation, by giving all of the $600,000 proceeds from a Madison Square Garden benefit concert to the fund.

The fund was created to offer financial assistance to African-American students attending one of UNCF’s 40 member historically black colleges or universities. Since its inception, more than 500 students attending 39 member schools have received the Michael Jackson Scholarship.

Requirements for this scholarship include:

* Undergraduate students attending a UNCF member college or university
* Major in Communications, English or Performing Arts
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Must submit the FAFSA and accept financial aid

The award varies, but can be up to $4,000 per student. Recipients may use these funds to pay for tuition, room and board, books, or to pay federal student loans.

UNCFLogo.jpg

This fund perpetually renews, thanks to foresight on Jackson’s part. The interest of this fund pays the scholarships each year, while the original investment continues to earn interest allowing UNCF to offer more aspiring students awards each year.

This fall, another 34 students will be named recipients of the Michael Jackson Scholarship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saul Williams: “Michael Jackson Paid My Way Through College”

saul_williams.jpg

Saul Williams: “Like so many others, Michael Jackson was my first and biggest inspiration. I own an actual trunk of memorabilia all bought with my allowance money. My mother, who was kind enough to make me a glove and hem my pant legs into floods, let my older sister and I stay out all night, standing in line for tickets to his 1984 Victory Tour. Years later, when I was in college, my freshman year creative writing teacher submitted an essay I wrote for her class, without telling me anything about it, until she asked me to stay after class, weeks later, and handed me a letter which read:

Dear Saul Williams,

You have been awarded the Michael Jackson Scholarship for performing arts students, taken from the 25 million dollars Michael gave to the United Negro College Fund from the proceeds of his 1984 Victory Tour.

As a result of that, I can proudly say that Michael Jackson paid my way through college.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The photos below are from the UNCF 44th Anniversary Dinner in New York in 1988:

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232548-1200-765.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232542-868-1200.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232534-1200-832.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232575-510-933.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232566-1200-840.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232557-792-1200.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232530-1200-1040.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232527-1200-764.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232524-784-1200.jpg

The-United-Negro-College-Fund-44th-Anniversary-Dinner-michael-jackson-7232504-1200-754.jpg

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AWyZKohl75A?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AWyZKohl75A?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Source:

http://www.eduinreview.com/blog/200...rship-fund-at-uncf-reminds-of-his-generosity/

http://newsflash.bigshotmag.com/news/3968/

Last edited:
Re: My close encounter with Michael Jackson

Wow...just another wonderful story about our man :)

Love

It is those dark days before Christmas again. In Europe the world is covered in a blanket of snow. It looks angelic and like Christmasses long, long ago when we always had snow.
It is in this season that advertisements and marketing machinery wants us to believe that there is such a thing as the ultimate perfect, happy family, where children behave, meals do not burn and the dog doesn't wag his tail through the Christmas tree.
Reality is often very different for most of us, so we send cards with the best wishes for the next year and happy holidays and we sulk at having to travel to meet relatives. That is, if we have friends to send cards to and relatives to complain about. All those things we take for granted.

But I ask you....close your eyes for a minute. Think of your co-workers, your parents, your spouse, your siblings, your children, your grandparents, Michael. Who gave you a shoulder to cry on ? Who helped you meet the deadline ? Who gave you flowers ? Who made you breakfast in bed ? Who called you when you were sick, worried about you ? Who helped you out when you were broke ? Who let you borrow their car ?

As humans, our needs are more alike than our differences. We love deeply, genuinely, romantically, sweetly, innocently, passionately, unconditionally, and we are loved in return. Never doubt that there are people who love you and would do anything for you.
Wishing you all a lot of love and friendship!

~~~~~~~~

Michael-Jackson-The-Great-Love-So-439670.jpg

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
~ Michael Jackson

yhst-94416363515198_2138_2388922749

Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,
but have not love,
I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol.

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

And if I dole out all my goods, and
if I deliver my body that I may boast
but have not love, nothing I am profited.

Love is long suffering,
love is kind,
it is not jealous,
love does not boast,
it is not inflated.

It is not discourteous,
it is not selfish,
it is not irritable,
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth

It covers all things,
it has faith for all things,
it hopes in all things,
it endures in all things.

Love never falls in ruins;
but whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or
tongues, they will cease; or
knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.

But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded.

When I was an infant,
I spoke as an infant,
I reckoned as an infant;

when I became [an adult],
I abolished the things of the infant.

For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face.
Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known.

But now remains
faith, hope, love,

these three;

but the greatest of these is love.

i%20love%20youuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

michael-jackson-300a011807.jpg

Love

The biggest disease today is not leprosy or cancer or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling or being unwanted, uncared for, deserted by everybody. The greatest evil is the lack of love and charity, the terrible indifference towards one’s neighbor who lives at the roadside, the victim of exploitation, corruption, poverty, and disease.

~Mother Teresa

sPU7.jpg

Give Love on Christmas Day - Michael Jackson

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZk0dQrxiw0?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZk0dQrxiw0?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Sources:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/michael-jackson-quotes.htm

http://www.thoughts-about-god.com/quotes/quotes-women.htm

http://www.poetseers.org/spiritual_and_devotional_poets/christian/corinthians/

olga30100;3118134 said:
My close encounter with Michael Jackson

By Gwen J. Cariño (The Philippine Star) Updated July 05, 2009

MANILA, Philippines – When I was a PR officer at Manila Hotel, I was assigned to head the annual Orphan’s Christmas Party where 300 children from different orphanages around Metro Manila were treated to a day of fun and surprises. It was one of the biggest projects on my plate and it was such a challenge to focus on work the day before the big event, knowing Michael Jackson was billeted in the hotel.

Two nights before, I had been fortunate to be part of his welcome line at the hotel lobby together with the rest of the PR and sales staff but was content enough to see him walk by.

The day before, a guy claiming to be Michael Jackson’s aide from Mamarao Productions came to the office. I couldn’t recall his name but he looked for the “person in charge” and said his boss had read the announcement about the event in the Dear Guest flyers we had circulated to all the rooms a week before. Michael wanted to know how he could help. His aide went up to the Penthouse and down to the PR office several times after we gave our suggestions.

Michael offered to fill up the 300 loot bags with goodies and toys, candies and chocolates. But after getting close to 50 sponsors, it was actually a problem for us to dispose of everything.

So I thought hard…how can the King of Pop meaningfully join the affair? I couldn’t possibly have him be with the kids in the palayok game or the pabitin as he might end up being mobbed! And since the annual event was really all about giving, I mustered all my courage and told the Mamarao guy that the best thing I could think of was for Michael to literally be present to help distribute the loot bags, sign autographs and pose with the children for photos. “Wow, that may not be easy. You’re talking about handing goodie bags to 300 children and I can just imagine the chaos. We’ll see, Ms. Jacinto. I’ll get back to you,” he said.

Lunch break came and it was the most hurried one I ever took in my entire life. It wasn’t until after 5 p.m. that Michael‘s aide came back and said, “Michael is more than happy to do whatever you suggest. How do we go about it tomorrow?”

I wanted to scream. I had to calm myself and regain composure as the Lizzie Maguire in me said, “Get real, get back into focus.”

We agreed that Michael would join after the games, musical program and snacks, and at the last part to give out the loot bags. My colleague Annette Africano and boss Dulce Agnir requested for additional security
around the garden and the stage area as this was where we decided to distribute the gifts. We made sure the children would form an orderly line.

Then the moment arrived. It was at the Champagne Gardens on Dec. 7, 1996. I was surprised to see him walking towards us, guided by his aide. Michael came up to me as I had to brief him.

“Hi, how are you? Thanks so much for letting me in, I know I’m early ’coz I didn’t want to miss the program.”

I said, “Are you kidding? Thanks so much for volunteering! Here’s what Michael, why don’t you just sit here and watch the musical numbers before we get into the gift giving. I will have to tweak the program a bit.”

He replied, “Sure, anything you say… (pausing to look at my name tag) Gwen!”

I was stunned at how incredibly sweet and modest he was. And in my mind it was, “Oh my God, this is really happening!”

Amazing how he patiently sat through the whole program. Carol Banawa, then an Ang TV mainstay couldn’t believe MJ was watching her perform. She had her red blouse signed by him right after her number. Then followed Stefano Mori’s dance number. Later, his back up singers and dancers came up on stage followed by select kids from different orphanages who danced to the beat of Billie Jean. Oh, the smile on Michael’s face was just amazing.

Then we announced that Michael will be distributing gifts onstage. I explained to him that there’s a loot bag for the younger kids and another for the older ones and he nodded. The thrill and excitement he gave those children was incredibly touching. It was in between the gift bag distribution that I caught a glimpse of MJ, not as a performer but as a person.

It was one in the afternoon. Santa Claus
(David Endriga, a friend of fellow PR officer Francis Capistrano) was with us. The heat was scourging and I was worried that Michael felt so hot with his black long-sleeved signature attire and hat.

“Are you alright Michael? We can let you take a break,” I asked.

He said, “I’m cool Gwen. Just imagine how Santa feels inside his velvet suit and beard. We’ll be fine.”

I never heard him complain or say a word about how hot it was or how long the line was. He had the most beautiful manners. He didn’t even ask for a drink or a towel to wipe his sweat but one of our banquet staff made sure he got a glass of fresh orange juice.

An hour passed and we were halfway through gift-giving when we noticed that the garden was getting filled up. Suddenly, there were people from media, politicians, officials and hotel guests including those in a wedding reception at the nearby Champagne Room who deserted the newly-weds just to get a glimpse of the King of Pop.

“Oh oh, this isn’t supposed to be, I’m so sorry,” I said. It’s all right, we’ll get through it,” Michael said smiling.

As we finished giving out the last loot bag to an 11-year-old orphan, a new line of more kids and adults formed. Michael’s bodyguard, Wayne, said. “We can leave now.”

Michael replied calmly, “We can’t leave when there are still people in line. It’s Christmas, dude.”

I felt my heart beat faster and the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood up. He wasn’t just the most electrifying performer, but the most generous person.

One of the most memorable moments was when a lady came up to him for an autograph. Laughing and holding his tummy, he said “Hey Gwen, you’ve gotta check this out. He whispered, “It’s a blank check. The lady is making me sign on a blank check.”

We laughed hard and little did we know that it wasn’t even half of the comedy. He later showed me and Wayne other stuff people would use or pick up on the ground when they couldn’t find paper for him to sign on. One lady made him sign at the back of her elegant, designer Filipiniana gown. One teenager came up to him holding a dead leaf and another one, a popped balloon. Imagine how our laughter ballooned as well.

It was an amazing, genuine experience. At one point he asked if I was going to catch his History concert and I said “tomorrow night.”

“Oh, you’ll have a blast!” Michael told me.

At this point he became concerned about the stage as adults outnumbered the kids. His face had nervousness written all over it but he still didn’t complain. He tapped the wooden floor with his foot several times making sure it was sturdy enough not to fall apart. “I’ve experienced the stage collapse and I just want to make sure we’re all safe here,” he explained.

Half of me wanted the line to finish because we were literally melting and worried about our safety, but half of me didn’t, knowing that once the line ended, Michael will leave.

At some point it did end. I managed to get an autograph for my sisters and me before our general manager, Clem Pablo, requested him to sing Give Love on Christmas Day.

Cesar Sarino, one of the hotel’s officials, addressed his thank you note to the King of Pop. Then I saw his guards and aides whisking Michael off stage.

I said in my mind, “Oh man, I didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye.”

Suddenly, I saw Michael return on stage and say, “Thanks so much to you and your team, Gwen. This really means a lot.”

Then he held me beside him and said, “I’ll see you at the concert.”

As Michael Jackson is laid to rest and returned to pristine condition in the afterlife, these two incredible acts of the King of Pop — volunteering for charity and unselfishly spending time with the less fortunate, will forever be the way I will remember this man.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=483815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km_oerjy-_o&feature=player_embedded

Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for sharing this beautiful story. Its just one of the countless acts of graciousness by our Angel...we love him most...God bless you Michael:angel:

I've read it before and I read it again and it made me melt all over..

:wub:

My beautiful Michael...

A Christmas Message

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.

by Oren Arnold

mjchristmasblingee3.gif

Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts – Janice Maeditere.

Good news from heaven the angels bring,
Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given,
To crown us with the joy of heaven. by Martin Luther King

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PITCmngiMfA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PITCmngiMfA?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BgFAI2fZYg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BgFAI2fZYg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcHFmvo34pI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcHFmvo34pI?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a joyous, peaceful, loving 2011!

Source:

http://www.lovers-poems.com/messages/message-english-quotes-christmas-famous-people.html

James Brown daughter recalls Jackson's respect for father

James-Brown-Michael-Jackson-james-brown-10894510-238-266.jpg

When Michael Jackson walked onto the stage at James Brown Arena on Dec. 30, 2006 to say a few words about the man from whom he emulated many of his dance moves, the thousands there beseeched him to do a few of his own.

media_l_950613.jpg

He didn’t. Deanna Brown Thomas knows why and is grateful for the pop singer’s restraint at her father’s funeral.

“He didn’t come for show,” Mrs. Thomas said on Thursday after learning of the pop singer’s death. “Everybody wanted him to get on the stage and dance, and he didn’t do that. He came to give respect and that’s what he did. Michael came as Michael, a friend and a huge fan of dad.”

michaeljacksoneulogy_wideweb__470x322,0.jpg

She said she gained even more respect for Mr. Jackson for the way he came to Augusta, not being accompanied by the usual entourage that clings to celebrities of Mr. Jackson’s stature. That let her know, she said, that the singer truly came to honor her father.

Mrs. Thomas said Mr. Jackson loved her father, and the feeling was mutual for Mr. Brown. She said one of his fondest memories was of the self-proclaimed “King of Pop” presenting the “Godfather of Soul” a lifetime achievement award from BET in 2003.

l_43e17db67ae9f30938bcac88870217ec.jpg

“I know that day Dad was so happy and elated,” Mrs. Thomas said. “It touched dad’s heart.”

Mr. Jackson came to Augusta the day before the funeral, she said. After he arrived and met with the family, he requested a private viewing of his idol, which was granted. Mrs. Thomas said he spent at least a couple of hours with her father at C.A. Reid Sr. Memorial Funeral Home.

The humbleness Mr. Jackson showed was something that took others by surprise.

JAMES-BROWN-PUBLIC-FUNERAL.jpg

“He just seemed like such a humble, quiet person,” said Robert “Flash” Gordon, general manager of the arena at the time. “He had such a sweet-like personality. I thought he would have been more standoffish.”

Mr. Gordon, who owns two music stores, said he expects there to be a run today on Jackson paraphernalia, similar to what happened after Mr. Brown’s death. He said he sold out of Jackson CDs soon after the news of the singer’s passing.

“There’s going to be a whole lot of interest,” Mr. Gordon said. “I won’t have enough (today). It’s going to be like when Mr. Brown died.”

Mrs. Thomas, who said she contacted the Jackson family to pay her respect, knows a lot of the interest in Mr. Jackson will be directed toward his behavior. She said her father never was put off by what was reported about Mr. Jackson, an empathy gained from him too being in the public spotlight for decades.

“My dad understood the business,” Mrs. Thomas said. “He understood how things can get carried away in the media. By the time the story get printed or the story get told, it might be 10 different ways. Dad understood very well how things worked.”

She said there will never be another Michael Jackson or James Brown. The music the two of them made will never be duplicated, Mrs. Thomas said, though it may be carried on somewhere other than this earth.

“Can you imagine what that heavenly choir is going to be like now?” she asked. “Hmm, Hmm, Hmm.”

Michael_Jackson.jpg

Source:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_530527.shtml

---------------------------------
I like the article except for the self-proclaimed King of Pop. When are journalists going to do their research and find out that Michael Jackson did not invent this honorary phrase for himself, but it was instead his dear friend of many years, Elizabeth Taylor who proclaimed him as the King of Pop, Rock and Soul.The title "King of Pop" stuck and Michael loved it.
~ MJJLaugh

That was an amazing story, thanks for posting it. What I'd give to have a story like that to tell of my own...

Looking At You

3871469674_ff8b02e529_o.jpg

I know what’s beautiful
Looking at you
Fireflies that light up in the night
Dewdrops on a flower in the morning sun
Stars that sparkle and dance in the sky
A bird singing her lullaby
Summer rain, its sweet fragrance filling the air
An evening’s sunset that makes me sigh

Through the eyes of a poet
You take me there

1%2B%252819%2529.jpg

I know what’s beautiful
Looking at you
Your smile, so innocent and bright
The light in your eyes when you look upon a child
The way you just know what’s right
Your soul that glows from within
Dignity and grace in all its glory
Your love that touches me, lends its light

The truth of your heart
The telling of your story

75081_1618327291753_1043513363_1733779_1536933_n.jpg

I know what’s beautiful
Looking at you
Sunlight bursting through the clouds on a beam
A falling star on a warm summer night
Dolphins that frolic in the sea
An eagle commanding the air in flight
Children at play on a beautiful day
Their innocence and magic, laughter and glee

Fireworks
On the 4th of July

24100_1399209703116_1318489535_1142495_2896462_n.jpg

I know what’s beautiful
Looking at you
Dancing in your arms ‘til the break of dawn
Whispers of love at morning’s light
Holding you close ‘til the pain is gone
A touch to say it’s gonna be alright
Feeling your heartbeat next to mine
While in your embrace, you sing me your song

The Gift of your heart
A love for all time

I know what's beautiful
Looking at you...

07/03/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLSV70Klej4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLSV70Klej4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Source:

http://mjreflecdtionsheart2heart.blogspot.com/

Greeneville woman hopes Michael Jackson's good deeds remembered

062709jackson-knox-poster_t300.jpg

Leslie Robinette was 6 years old when she first met Michael Jackson.

An ailing little girl with barely any hair and a swollen stomach, Robinette suffered then, as now, from aplastic anemia caused by the genetic disease fanconi anemia, which she describes as being "like a little Pac-Man going after all your bone marrow."

Jackson was only 15. Robinette now believes he must have been more nervous than she was.

In 1973, she and her family went to Seattle, where she stayed in Seattle Children's Hospital - then The Children's Orthopedic Hospital and Medical Center.

Robinette received a bone marrow transplant, which at the time was an experimental surgery. She was one of the youngest to ever have the procedure. She went through chemotherapy, radiation and an ever-changing plethora of medications.

But worst of all, she was kept in isolation for three months.

She spoke to her sisters through walkie-talkies, and only her mother was allowed in the room. Doctors told the family they had done all they could do, but her condition just wasn't improving.

"After you go through all of that, you just get tired and want to go home; you kind of give up the fight," Robinette said.

She listened to her favorite group, The Jackson 5, on a sterilized record player doctors allowed her to have.

On March 7, she received her first visitor.

"I was sitting in my room looking out the window, ironically listening to 'Looking Through the Window' by the Jackson 5, when I heard all the nurses going wild and carrying on," Robinette said.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GgVEnMgJ5s?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GgVEnMgJ5s?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

She looked through the plate glass that was her only connection to the busy hospital and saw The Jackson 5 standing there.

"They asked me which one I wanted to see, and I said I wanted to see Michael - he was the cute one," Robinette said, laughing.

She described the teenage Jackson as obviously shy but incredibly kind and sincere. He gave her an autographed picture, held her hand and asked her how she was doing.

"It had been so long since I'd touched someone not wearing gloves, and I saw hair instead of just a green cap with eyeballs peeking out," said Robinette.

After that visit, Robinette started getting better.

"I would never say that he saved her life - that's crazy - but he gave her back a little of her will to live because she had lost it," said Trine Robinette, 49, Leslie's sister.

Leslie eventually did improve, and her family returned to their farm in Greeneville, Tenn., where she still lives with her parents.
Photos of Leslie Robinette's Michael Jackson memorabilia:

052609jackson-fan01_t607.jpg

* A record of the Jackson 5's 'Lookin' Through the Windows' is one of the many collectibles that Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. has in her collection. Robinette was listening to the record when the group came to visit her in the hospital in Seattle, Washington in 1973.

052609jackson-fan02_t300.jpg

* All five members of the Jackson 5 signed a photo for Leslie Robinette in 1973, when they came to visit her in the hospital in Seattle Washington. Robinette, now 42, of Greeneville, Tenn., was hospitalized as a child with aplastic anemia.

052609jackson-fan03_t607.jpg

* An old photograph shows Michael Jackson visiting Leslie Robinette in the hospital in Seattle, Washington, in 1973. Robinette, now 42, of Greeneville, Tenn., was hospitalized as a child with aplastic anemia.

052609jackson-fan04_t607.jpg

* Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. holds Michael Jackson's Thriller album for a portrait on Friday, June 26, 2009. Robinette met Michael Jackson twice in her lifetime. Once while she was hospitalized in Seattle, Washington with aplastic anemia in 1973, and once before a concert in 1984.

052609jackson-fan06_t607.jpg

* A memorabilia jacket from the 1984 Jackson's World Tour is one of the many collectibles that Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. has in her collection.

052609jackson-fan07_t300.jpg

* A 1985 Michael Jackson calendar is one of the many collectibles that Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. has in her collection.

052609jackson-fan08_t300.jpg

* A 1984 magazine is one of the many collectibles that Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. has in her collection.

052609jackson-fan09_t607.jpg

* A copy of her ticket stub from the 1984 Jackson's Victory Tour is one of the many collectibles that Leslie Robinette, 42, of Greeneville, Tenn. has in her collection.

When Leslie was 17, she met Jackson again.

The Jackson 5's Victory Tour came to Knoxville in August 1984 for a two-night concert that was extended a third night because of its popularity. Nearly 50,000 fans crowded into Neyland Stadium each night to see the concert.

Untitled-8_t300.jpg

Leslie Robinette received free tickets to the concerts, and on the third night, she went backstage to meet the whole Jackson gang. She brought Michael Jackson a hand-written birthday card.

"I asked him if he remembered me, and he said yes. We talked about my singing in chorus and how I was getting my back brace off soon," Robinette said.

Jackson then told his security detail that she was his guest, so she got to watch the third show from a raised VIP platform, seated right next to Jackson's mother, Katherine.

When Robinette left Seattle Children's Hospital three months after her first meeting with Jackson, doctors said she might live 10 years. Still struggling with her disease, she is less than 4 feet tall and weighs about 60 pounds, but she is now 42 and lives an active life.

Like Jackson, she has a strong passion for animals. She is involved in North American Riding for the Handicapped Association and currently is training to become an instructor.

"I've always felt that Michael and I were kind of kindred spirits, because we both grew up not being able to really go anywhere or do anything normal kids do," Robinette said.

Leslie was sitting in her rocking chair when Trine called to tell her about Jackson's death, and she was upset by the news.

Both sisters agree that people can say what they want about Michael Jackson, but he did a lot of good and they hope that is what he will be remembered for. And, of course, his music.

© 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Source:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/27/greeneville-woman-hopes-jackson-good-deeds/

An Important Message From Michael Jackson From His "Earth Song"

Every time I see Michael Jackson’s movie, “This Is It”, I am more and more in awe of this gentle soul, who wanted nothing more than for all of us to love each other, to take care of the planet, and to gift our own gifts to the world, in order to make a positive difference here on earth. I’m sorry to say that I had never even heard of Michael’s “Earth Song” before this movie, but now that I have seen it, it has made a profound difference in my life and I will never be the same.

Michael had an important message to give all of us…just look at his comments from the movie, said during the scenes from “Earth Song”: “I respect the secrets and magic of nature, that’s why it makes me so angry when I see these things that are happening, that every second, I hear, the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. That kind of stuff really bothers me! That’s why I write these kinds of songs, you know, to give some sense of awareness and awakening and hope to people. I love the planet! I love trees. I have this thing for trees and the colors and changing of leave…I love it!! I respect those kinds of things”.

Michael continues, “I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man’s mismanagement of the planet. The planet is sick, like a fever. And if we don’t fix it now, it’s at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have, or it’s like a run-away train and the time has come, this is it”. Then Michael issues a heart-felt plea, to us, his fans, by saying this: “People are always saying “Oh, they’ll take care of it, the government or they will…they?…they who?…it starts with US! It’s us or it will never be done”.

He then closes with these sincerely spoken words: “We need to put love back into the world and remind the world that love is important, to love each other. We’re all One. And take care of the planet. We have 4 years to get it right or else it’s irreversible damage done. So we have an important message to give…it’s important. Blessings to all”.

Michael may be gone but his words will live on forever, and so will the gift of trees that we plant in his honor. I have a dream of seeing “Michael Jackson Memorial Forests” all over the world, on every continent, to keep his memory and legacy alive. Won’t you join me in giving this gift back to Michael?

Trisha Franklin

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuNK-m3Q624?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuNK-m3Q624?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAJvP-_UWWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAJvP-_UWWQ?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Source:

http://www.amilliontreesformichael....age-from-michael-jackson-from-his-earth-song/

Michael Jackson Autopsy Show Pulled from Schedule

1214-michael-jackson-tmz-bn-credit.jpg

12/31/2010 10:34 AM PST by TMZ Staff

A TV special featuring a reenactment of Michael Jackson's autopsy will not air as planned, and the network running it cites pleas from the Jackson estate in their decision.

A rep for the Discovery Channel, which planned to run the special in the UK, tells TMZ, "Given the commencement of legal proceedings beginning next week, and at the request of Michael Jackson's estate, the scheduled broadcast of the medical documentary related to Michael Jackson's official autopsy has been postponed indefinitely."

As TMZ first reported, executors of Jackson's estate fired off a harshly-worded letter to the network ... saying the show was in "shockingly bad taste ... motivated solely by your blind desire to exploit Michael's death."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pray that the above article is true!
My faith in mankind has now been restored even if it sometimes requires exhaustive action from the MJ fan community and the Michael Jackson Estate to get something pulled that shouldn't have been concocted in someone's brain as entertainment in the first place!

Where I live it is already 2011 and this is a promising start of the new year for sure.
I wish for a world that is green, gentle and caring, with a playground for children to play safely outside, with families having meals together and dinner conversations, with more great listeners than talkers, with love and joy in abundance, sharing your gifts freely with those who need it, with a spiritual awakening into a new era that holds a promise for all of us and most certainly within our reach if we stay focused on our highest goals while keeping our feet firmly planted on the ground. In other words: be the change you want to see in the world, while you do your day-to-day business, spreading joy around you.
May all of you realise and see your inner beauty and feel free to be who you really are, as this gives others the freedom to be who they are.
I wish all of you a blessed, peaceful, joyous and loving 2011! :heart:

Michael's Soulmate

Don't you dream of finding your soulmate ? Perhaps you have already found that romantic soulmate to share your life with. And undoubtedly you experience a strong and unique connection to Michael, the kind of bond that made you wonder or had you realize with a start that he is/could be your soulmate!
I don't want to speculate about Michael's lovelife and whether he found his soulmate or not. We can have more than one soulmate and they can have different roles in our lives, so that we may grow and learn and become whole, One again.

Michael taught me what pure, unconditional love is, through his being and how he voiced his beliefs, shared his concerns, showered his fans with his undying love. Family values and the well-being of children, his humanitarian acts without any press coverage mostly and his huge heart that was big enough to envelop the world simply opened my eyes and my heart wide in recognition of the true meaning of love.
Isn't that the greatest gift despite all the grief and sorrow of losing him from this physical realm. My life has become richer for loving Michael and all that he stood for. There are no words to describe this feeling of purpose, clarity and everything falling into place.
Thank you Michael, I will love and cherish you forever! :heart:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michael-jackson-3-oopshi-nl.jpg

The following gives a good idea of what a soulmate is:

A soul mate is any soul that is a member of this broader group of souls and anyone that touches your life. The net effect of a soul mate on your life will always be positive, even if you cannot see it at the time. For example, many have the notion that a soul mate relationship will be the ideal relationship, full of harmony and love. However, a relationship with a soul mate is likely to be challenging!
The whole point of a soul mate turning up in your life is to show you to yourself. That is the purpose of all human relationships. You learn through viewing in the mirror. The Law of Attraction works in every aspect of your life, and therefore each person drawn into your life is there through vibration, and nothing else. They are present because your vibration and their vibration are matched in some way.
When you look back at your life, you will see there are many people who have had an impact on it. All of these people are your soul mates, and whether they know it or not on the personality level, they love you dearly for you are all working together towards one singular goal, and that is the goal of love.

Your purpose for coming to Earth: (Katja: I hope you can look beyond the surface and see the deeper meaning of these words):

Broaden your eperience of yourself
experience unconditional love, which is acceptance and allowing
Some have called this enlightenment
you came here for the fun of it, for the game, for the challenge
to broaden your eperience of yourself
What you are looking for is (self-)acceptance
Each relationship is there to provide you with a new opportunity to know yourself
The one true love is self-love; there is no other love.
As you accept, you cease resisting the world and all that is in it.

As you give up resistance, you allow everything to be as it is.

As you allow everything to be as it is, God can work through you. It is at this point that you can say, "I and the Father are one," for you will be at one with the source of all life. You will be at one with love!

For more detailed information please visit http://www.innerself.com/Relationships/soul.htm

soulmate.jpg

tumblr_la0spmSSWL1qbwnvzo1_1280.jpg

The Soul-Mate Kits were first advertised in early 1971 for mail-order purchase from the back of TcB! magazine, and later on the Jackson 5 product sleeve included with all their vinyl LPs.

Michael loved everyone. He was one of the few people walking the earth that could genuinely express that without reservation, no matter who you were, color, religion or ethnic background. I had read that he had a little harder time with the one-on-one relationship then he did with an audience-filled arena, but I understood that after learning what he had to deal with. Michael on some levels, had to protect himself to the extreme. However, when it came to his feelings, most would agree that he wore those on every sleeve.

soulpost.jpg

If we go back to Michael’s explanation of love, and his search for it:

During the interviews with Rabbi Schmuley, Rabbi asks, “The fans love you because you can sing and because you can dance, or do you feel unconditional love from your fans?”

Michael responds:

"That's hard, 'cause I'm not in their skin. Umm, I think after discovering who I am and how I see them and make them feel good about themselves, they love me unconditionally. I love [my fans] to pieces and what makes my heart happy is when I see they support my beliefs about family and children. They have these big billboards of children and babies and they're with me, they get it, you know? They get what I'm saying.”

"Let us dream of a tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth." Michael Jackson

Michael was always looking for unconditional love. He learned what that was from reading the Bible. What he gave he rarely got back in return. So few people know what unconditional love is, what it feels like when receiving it, or how to describe it. It is a love that is soul deep. It comes from and penetrates to your soul. It is God-created and there is nothing more fulfilling or lasting.

Michael’s connection to children,
had a lot to do with unconditional love. Michael’s explanations of Jesus’ emphasis on children in scripture, of coming to Christ with “that kind of innocence”. Children are unhindered and have not yet been shoved into boxes they don’t fit into by the world. Children are not yet “of the world” and therefore recognize and can identify love as God designed it, not as the world describes it.

So then, what kind of wife would Michael have needed for a successful marriage?

“With two children of my own, I know what it means to balance the demands of family and career - and let's not even talk about finding a date for myself. Rabbi Shmuley keeps telling me he'll find me the perfect woman. My response is, 'As long as she's not a journalist” Michael Jackson – 2001

“But if you don't have that memory of being loved, you are condemned to search the world for something to fill you up. But no matter how much money you make or how famous you become, you will still feel empty. What you are really searching for is unconditional love, unqualified acceptance. And that was the one thing that was denied to you at birth.” - Michael Jackson, 2001

michael-jackson-style-1.jpg

Soulmates
by Agnes Nogal

Two minds together as one
From the beginning of day
Until the night is done.
Knowing the other like oneself,
Connected in the mind today and forever,
Loving the other completely
And ceasing to love never.
A soulmate that is.

A mile or thousands of miles
May separate with distance
Longer than is the Nile
But no matter how far your soulmate is,
You are close and together in the heart;
In tune and close are the spirits,
"'Til death do us part."
A soulmate that is.

Michael Jackson, our soulmate&#9829;

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/20NlnuzOaWE?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/20NlnuzOaWE?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Sources:

http://www.innerself.com/Relationships/soul.htm

http://michaelsguardian.blogspot.com/2010/07/michaels-perfect-soul-mate.html

http://www.netpoets.com/poems/love/0044003.htm

What a beautiful story :angel: Ah, Michael :wub: ever so sweet... That's the Michael I know... That's the Michael I love and that's indeed the Michael I remember and cherish 4ever...
Sweet, kind, humble, wise... Ah, Michael :wub:

I..read a lot of great messages written from the heart, from fans, to Michael. I thought it would be nice to write down all their messages here. For example, the messages to.. or about MJ found on youtube.. or other places

I think MJ touched us with his magic and all MJ fans are special too. And I love reading these..it makes me feel better..

Oh..and don't mention who said it..just write the message..

43821_1254690882439_278_300.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i still miss mj. as a kid my mum always promised if he came to new zealand we would go see him, but when he came? we couldnt afford.
:( "

43821_1254690815363_269_370.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Michael Jackson was more? than the King of Pop, he was the God of Pop.
He will be singing with the angels of heaven and God shall also make him his brother and right hand man."

43821_1267381829570_183_300.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Michael's memorial was so touching and heart wrenching. I cried the whole time. For most of us who saw him grow up from the 9 year old to the Man, it was very hard knowing that this was it, final. I am so glad I? got to see and hear his music over the years. He will be missed. RIP MJ! "

43821_1267381864333_189_300.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"='[ oh mj i understand you....i really miss you....i swore i wouldnt cry but i just cant? handle it.... "

43821_1267381935507_347_238.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A very young girl was murdered in 1972 and no one knew her name. Michael did not want her to be forgotten so to honor her, he wrote 'Little Susie.' Such a wonderful, loving man he was. Love you Mike!"

43821_1267381987746_210_300.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am speechless,there is one thing I left to say:MJ is the best man and the most amazing person that have ever lived on earth,he is the king of everything,he is an angel,and My LIFE !By the way,Michael's name,meaning is :Who Is Like GOD !

43821_1266676207791_270_300.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

' Michael, you are not only King of Pop, but God of Music, your love is giving us strength''
Love you Michael...

43821_1267366685318_300_460.jpg

Source:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/michael-jackson/forum/post/43821/title/messages-michael

And let's remember and carry Michael's message in our heart. He could say it so simply that the message could not be misunderstood by anyone, very pure in essence, yet very powerful too.

Michael Jackson - Message of Peace

Michael Jackson Message Of LOVE To The World

Last edited:
Michael jackson's Struggle with Vitiligo

michael-jackson-vitiligo.jpg

Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a skin pigmentation disorder where the cells that make pigment (called melanocytes) are destroyed, causing white patches in different parts of the body. Often white patches also appear on the mucous membranes of the nose and mouth, as well as the eyeball's retina. Sometimes hair that is growing on areas affected by vitiligo also turns white. There are several theories about the causes of vitiligo; including inherited genes, auto-immune disease, sunburn, or even severe emotional distress. In the United States, between 1 to 2 million people have vitiligo. About half the people contract the affliction before age 20, with the remaining before age forty. Although vitiligo affects both sexes and all races, it is of course much more noticeable in people with darker skin.

The most common form of vitiligo, called the "generalized pattern" spreads quickly and occurs on both sides of the body symmetrically.

mjvitiligo.jpg

Although it is not a fatal disease, it often has debilitating psychological effects on those with the disorder. Self-confidence and self-esteem are diminished, people with vitiligo are ridiculed, and many go into self-induced seclusion. Despite his explosive and electrifying on-stage performances and award-winning mini-movie videos, it was known that Michael Jackson has always been extremely shy and sensitive; even as an adult.

vit1qc1.jpg

tdcau-1.jpg

000michaeljacksontributecelebutopiacd2009000-226.jpg

Most people had not heard of vitiligo until Michael Jackson revealed he had the disease in the early 1990s. People watched with amazement as Michael's smooth caramel-colored complexion got lighter and lighter over a few years; many people accused him of "wanting to be white". Only a few people, such as Lee Thomas, a TV News anchor in Detroit, Michigan who suffers from the same affliction, understood what Michael was experiencing. Lee Thomas, a dark-skinned black man, found that his television career was being seriously affected since people were looking at his multi-toned face instead of listening to his words. Today, Thomas spends an hour or more applying special creams and dark make-up to his face before he goes on the air; he leaves his hands stark white. It has taken Thomas many years to come to grips with his disease; he has authored a book and is a national spokesman for the National Vitiligo Foundation. Thomas does not wear makeup when he is out in public away from his television job. In Michael Jackson's case, it seems that he decided to have his entire body bleached near-white and his hair and eyebrows dyed dark black. Anyone who has seen Michael's videos know that often a lot more of his body is exposed when he is singing and dancing; that is part of his persona and image.

R.I.P. Michael! We will miss you so very much!
Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

017bx0.jpg

Source: http://health.ezinemark.com/michael-jackson-s-struggle-with-vitiligo-4f056174274.html#ixzz1AI7Q7xsv

A Monument of Love
by BeGodsGlow of majorloveprayer.org

This is more of a personal blog story that I'd like to share. I hope I find some way to articulate what prompted me to start writing this a couple of days ago. I will try, at least. It may be quite sad (really, so be forewarned) and even "over the top" in places, but I hope you'll understand where it leads.

2rq2cl0.jpg

This week's preliminary hearing and all the details it has brought to light have no doubt torn many of us up and brought back painful memories of the day we got that awful news. Personally, I have loved Michael with every heartbeat, more than I could ever hope to explain, from the time I was 12 up through now, at nearly 40. And I always will. June 25, 2009 was quite simply the worst day of my life, in what became a sort of lost year. (Although, perhaps less "lost" than originally thought, for it led people to reach out to others with love, to start beautiful projects, connect with new friends and sent us on spiritual journeys that continue today.) Nevertheless, when I got that news it was as if every atom of my being had been shattered into a billion pieces. I collapsed into a pool of more tears than I thought were humanly possible. It quite simply broke me. I know many of you will understand.

In those first two weeks I noticed many of what I'll call "side thoughts"; things I wouldn't assume I'd have energy to concern myself with, but that nonetheless seemed of paramount importance at the time. I guess this is common when losing a loved one. And that time was filled with words like "memorial" and "funeral", while rumors swirled about how the family might handle these issues. And with frazzled nerves and broken souls, it was almost too much to bear to even think of it. The only thing fitting in my heart at the time was a full royal-style procession with solemn crowds of hundreds of thousands or even millions lining the streets of Los Angeles, shutting down the entire city, tears in their eyes, flowers in their hands and bowing their heads with muffled cries in utmost respect for this amazing genius, humanitarian and father. It was what my heart felt at the time and you certainly don't have to agree with that. The globally broadcast memorial was beautiful and touching and I am thankful for it. There was another step to take after that, though, and this one left me with one thought over and over: "Now I understand the Taj Mahal."

250px-Taj_Mahal%2C_Agra%2C_India_edit2.jpg

I'm sure you've at least seen pictures of the Taj Mahal, but perhaps some of you don't know the story. It is an grand mausoleum built in India in the 1600's by the grief-stricken Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. Construction began one year after the the death of his dearly beloved third wife, as a monument to their eternal love, and it took over twenty years to complete the full expanse and decoration of the mausoleum and surrounding gardens. Hundreds of artisans and craftsmen were involved in its creation and today it is considered one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. Whatever one cares to believe about the relationship between the emperor and his wife Mumtaz Mahal, one may ask the question why someone would go to these lengths to memorialize another? As the emperor himself wrote, "The sight of this mansion creates sorrowing sighs; And the sun and the moon shed tears from their eyes." So was it his unending devotion? Her incredible beauty? Perhaps both. But all that was really needed was LOVE.

220px-Florenca1

So there I was, my heart in anguish, my soul in shreds. I cannot express how incredibly precious this man is to me. My dear Michael, my teacher, my best of joy, the ultimate love of my life (no offense to my husband, a fellow fan who thankfully understands ;). I realized, though, that I could not build Michael a 'Taj Mahal'. I am not an empress. I am not the queen of the world. Heck, I can't even afford a new car. But if you can possibly understand this, in my heart during those dark days was this vision of a heavenly mausoleum that would be the most incredibly beautiful building ever built in the history of the world, made to last for thousands of years. It would be so grand, so huge as to be seen from space, yet so delicate it could only exist in a fairytale. It would be so exquisite, so other-worldy in its beauty that people would literally fall to their knees in awe on approach. And it would be made with the most divinely intricate architecture, carvings and artwork, reflecting styles around the world, from the most breathtaking Indian palaces to the most splendid gothic cathedrals and stunning crystal mosaics. The architect would go unnamed. The only name important for the future to know was "Michael Jackson", and that this MJ person was SO loved that people built THIS in his memory! It would be the ultimate monument to love, to the man who gave so much of it and asked us to do the same, who brought it out of us and kept it alive in our hearts like a little glowing ember even in the worst of moments. A masterpiece befitting a beloved king, who through nearly all his years inspired such impassioned declarations of forever that people would approach him in ecstatic tears. (Are we crazy? Or just privy to some unfathomable secret?) I knew such a building was impossible and yes, really over the top. Really, really over the top. It wasn't sane or logical or practical, but such is the realm of emotion. And again, you don't have to be in any agreement. It was just the feeling I had at the time; "Oh, if I could at least give him this!"

02b.jpg

And before you think I'm about to announce that we're collecting funds for this or something (lol, no, no, don't worry), I want to tell you that I realized recently that we are actually are creating this, albeit metaphorically. Every piece of the truth that is spoken or put into writing in a thoughtful way, every loving act of protection or vindication (such as stopping the Discovery Channel's autopsy show or getting Michael's name uncovered on Gardner School's auditorium), every tree planted in his honor (entire forests have been already!), every donation that is made to those in need, every monthly global prayer to spread L.O.V.E., every effort we take to Heal the World, stand up against injustice, to stop war or combat poverty, every toy given to a children's hospital, every bedtime story we read to our little ones, every smile we put on someone's face by playing his music or emulating his kindness ... if it was inspired by Michael, we're creating that monument to love and for him, piece by piece, brick by brick.

And I see that happening all over. So many wonderful websites, so many fan groups working on humanitarian missions in all their various forms (and more to come!), all encouraged by a shared love, sparked by one man. There are so many reasons to do the right thing (not just because of Michael, of course), but don't underestimate the power of one person to inspire others on that path, nor undervalue them or the source of that inspiration. In the end, the ultimate source is LOVE, and passing that on lays another corner stone in a masterwork to last generations. Not of marble or stone, but of hope and humanity. That legacy is one of Michael Jackson's greatest achievements... and so much warmer and alive! It is his living Monument of Love and we each have the power to make our little part just as glorious as Michael's and our hearts can envision. "Change the world." ? -- January 7, 2011 by BeGodsGlow on http://www.majorloveprayer.org

Source:

http://www.majorloveprayer.org/2011/01/monument-of-love.html

Yanni - Love Is All

After a touching introduction by Yanni, the semi-classical intro to the song starts at 2:30. It's a tribute song to the Taj Mahal and the love she represents. One of the instruments used is an ancient Armenian instrument called the duduk. It has a soulful, wistful quality to it as an ode to the loves there ever were. It is hauntingly beautiful and sweet to see the images of that magnificent building of love - Taj Mahal.

Michael Jackson - Justify My Love

I love Michael with all my heart and soul and nothing will ever change that. It is a love that goes beyond space, time and reason, and is ever present. My love for him is so vast and deep and great that Michael opened my heart for more love for others around me. For the children of the world, for all of mankind because as you look beyond the superficial differences and the other differences we are in essence more the same than different. Wanting to be loved, to give love, to be whole.
I love you more each day Michael! :heart:

Yanni - Love Is All

After a touching introduction by Yanni, the semi-classical intro to the song starts at 2:30. It's a tribute song to the Taj Mahal and the love she represents. One of the instruments used is an ancient Armenian instrument called the duduk. It has a soulful, wistful quality to it as an ode to the loves there ever were. It is hauntingly beautiful and sweet to see the images of that magnificent building of love - Taj Mahal.

Michael Jackson - Justify My Love

I love Michael with all my heart and soul and nothing will ever change that. It is a love that goes beyond space, time and reason, and is ever present. My love for him is so vast and deep and great that Michael opened my heart for more love for others around me. For the children of the world, for all of mankind because as you look beyond the superficial differences and the other differences we are in essence more the same than different. Wanting to be loved, to give love, to be whole.
I love you more each day Michael! :heart:

:wub:

LETTERS FROM THE HEART
by Howard McCrary

LETTERS FROM THE HEART ARE REAL STORIES THAT HAPPENED TO REAL PEOPLE, I HOPE EVERYONE CAN BENIFIT FROM THEIR EXPENIENCES.

I BELIEVE UNTIL YOU CAN PRACTICE MEDITATION ON A DAILY BASIS, YOU CANNOT BEGIN TO KNOW THE VALUE OF WHAT IT COULD DO FOR YOUR LIFE.

THE PAST IS WHAT IT IS .... THE PAST. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES AND NOT TO REPEAT THEM.

BEFORE I CAME INTO THE LIGHT AND WISDOM OF MEDITATION, I MADE CERTAIN DECISIONS THAT I STILL AM RESPONSIBLE FOR TODAY.

MY LIFE NOW IS DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE OF WORLD PEACE. I THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE I HAD PROBLEMS I COULD NEVER BE A SPOKES PERSON FOR WORLD PEACE. BUT NOW I KNOW THAT BECAUSE OF MY PROBLEMS IS WHY I WAS CHOSEN. I DO MY BEST TO FILL THE REMAINING DAYS OF MY LIFE ON EARTH WITH MERITS AND GOOD DEEDS. THE WORLD IS FILLED WITH PEOPLE WITH PROBLEMS, THIS IS WHY I TRY TO SHARE AT LEAST A SMILE WITH OTHERS EACH DAY.

NOW I AM IN LOVING KINDNESS ADDRESSING MY PAST ACTIONS IN WISDOM AND IN LOVE FOR THE FUTURE.

THANK YOU FOR READING.

Michael_Jackson.jpg

Dear Michael,

My Daughter Sarah woke me up this morning at 7am to tell me of your passing. I was hoping this was some type of publicity stunt that only you or Houdini could pull off.

I remember the first day we met in the summer of 1979 when my family as on tour with your family. The Jacksons and The McCrarys. Did you know we used to be called The McCrary 5? Oh never mind, long story.

When my sister Charity introduced me to you with my brothers Alfred and Sam

at that swanky Texas house party you asked me if I was married and I told you I was separated from my wife Chaye and we were going through a divorce. That's when you folded your hands and said, "I will be praying for you." Then you introduced me to your beautiful cousin Jackie and folded your hands again and said, "I'll be praying for you."

10 minutes later you went to the other side of the room and made the praying gesture and smiled as you pointed at your cousin. I remember you doing this two more times before finally saying good night again saying I will be praying for you.

Michael right now I am praying for you. I am praying for you beautiful parents you introduced me to at The Omni Hotel in Los Angeles on your 45th private birthday party the evening your sister Janet asked me to play 'Triste' and her fiancée Mr. Dupree seemed a little upset as she held both my hands to thank me from her heart for 2 or or three full minutes for playing one of her favorite songs. It was so good to see Jackie that night and Tito and Randy too. Latoya was looking so beautiful as well. Every member of your family are so beautiful and gifted. I remember meeting up with Jermaine at Cocscos and as we shopped together we would talk all about you.

Do you remember that Christmas morning at your home in Beverley Hills when you and your children wanted to hear the children sing?

Seth Riggs called me and at your request asked me to arrange a choir of 12 children to sing at your home on Christmas morning.

I called my sister Charity and we contacted 12 of the best singing kids we knew, of course some of them being our own family members.

We had less than 48 hours to rehearse an coordinate this private production before the children got into the limousines from me and Tammy's home from Sherman Oaks to be convoyed to your Beverly Hills Estate.

Seth proudly was there that morning to vocalize all the young ones as I conducted as the children sang with charity accapella, 'Heal The World, Silent Night, Santa Clause Is Coming to Town ( Jackson style)' amongst other songs as they sang on you staircase and you and your children and family sat in that grand foyer combined with the Cathedral like acoustics I could hear additional voices of angels that morning. It was a sacred moment for us all.

As you hugged Charity and I to thank us we did a group hug with Seth and sumptuously enjoyed The Christmas Buffet you prepared for all of us. For these children it was a Christmas dream come true. If any of you children are reading this letter please share what that morning meant to you.

Your children Michael looked like cherubs.You were such a loving father.

Michael I could never understand how could the press could be so ruthless towards you. You are Michael The Angel.

I will never forget when I had the joy to work with Andre and Sandra Crouch on your Dangerous CD at Westlake Studio and we were recording the background vocals on 'Keep The Faith' and as Andre was conducting we came to an impasse for over 20 minutes until Andre turned to me and said, "Howard fix it!"

So I gave out the parts to the ascending figure of the word 'FAITH' leading to the release and you jumped up and down in the control room saying, "I Love It!"

It was that day you invited me up to the green room with my son Darius who was 12 years old at that time .He was part of a new TV sitcom called Family Matters and you told him, "I hear you have been hanging out with Bobby Brown, he is not a good influence. Here take my number and call me anytime. If you need someone to talk to or spend time with, I'll be there. The only thing is when you call don't ask for me or they won't put you through, ask for Norma Jean, it's the code name."

For the rest of that day at West Lake Studios he spent with you and was in heaven.

All the way home he held your private phone number in his hands aglow and raving about his new awesome friend.

As soon as we got home he asked if he could call you and I said yes of course.

So very excitedly Darius dialed the number and ask for Michael...click! Then he remembered the code name, called back and asked for Norma Jean...click!

Even still to this day he talks about that wonderful day he spent with you at the studio and learned the lesson of how important it is to follow instructions.

Once again and lastly when you went to trial in Santa Barbara and it seemed like the whole world turned their backs on you at another session producer Bruce Swedien pulled my sister Linda and I to the side and said,

"Howard and Linda , don't believe The Press. Michael is an angel... he would never hurt the children."

I never stopped believing in you or the pure soul that you are. I remember when you thanked my sister Charity and I for bringing 10 busloads of ministers and some of their members to support you during your trial at The Santa Barbara Courthouse. We had singers singing on behalf of you innocence and ministers interceding on your behalf for justice.

Thank you for graciously hosting all of us at Neverland not once but twice as we came to show you how much we loved you and believed in your innocence.

It is an outrage what some people will do for money. Greed, Delusion, and Anger is something you wanted to see our world healed of. Michael it's not too late. I know there are others like myself who believe in your dream that we can have a better world if we only Keep The Faith.

As I began writing this letter the sun was shining in Hong Kong and now as I close we are in a Typhoon...strange but Michael...I am not surprised you were always bigger than life and now we know that you are.

You and your music, your smile, your dance, but most of all your message will live in our hearts forever.

You not only are 'The King of Pop', you are also...'The King of Hearts'

We Love You Michael !

scan0002.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQKFWwCQcsg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQKFWwCQcsg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

with love,
Howard

Source:

http://www.howardmccrary.com/apps/blog/entries/show/1257413-to-michael-jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back