Preliminary Hearing 10/1/11. Day Five. Discussion Thread

No, no, there's a recess. Or was. A break. Because they are reviewing the new evidence. So she called in during that break.

Court was in recess while the judge and lawyer review these new screen caps and other info which is why she was able to call them and give them an update.

Ok yeah lol that make sense and thats what I wondered.. so everytime we see a report from her/her group, its when the court is in recess? How often does that happen because I see many updates from them

in the meantime I've got a question, someone please answer.
English is not my first language. I was wondering, on day first we've heard about catheter. I am sorry if I sound here insensible, I am only using wikipedia here.
Is this the thing draining urine from the urinary bladder as in urinary catheterization, e.g., the Foley catheter or even when the urethra is damaged as in suprapubic catheterisation.? Cause in dictionary I've found in my language it also means port in which you get drugs/medicines intravenously?
Please, someone clear it for me. :flowers:

Ok yeah lol that make sense.. so everytime we see a report from her/her group, its when the court is in recess? How often does that happen?

Yes. And how often? A couple of times during the day, I think.

Now this is from Trials and Tribulations

Chernoff... Have had investigators look at Dr. Murray's phone for data. And to make sure no personal attorney/client privilege has been (released?) A special master was appointed.

Pastor asks for Chernoff to explain the master process and what it entailed.

So this is all about investigating Dr. Murray’s phone very recently, and ensuring no atty/client information is released.

Now a speculation on my part

Remember last week we discussed whether the texts etc can be recovered and we learned that cell phone providers keep logs of text messages for a while (can range from few days to few weeks) but they say best way to recover any information is to subpoena the cell phone and have forensic experts revive data from it. This might be the scenario here. A special master might have been appointed to examine the recovered data and make sure that the privilege is respected.

English is not my first language. I was wondering, on day first we've heard about catheter. I am sorry if I sound here insensible, I am only using wikipedia here.
Is this the thing draining urine from the urinary bladder as in urinary catheterization, e.g., the Foley catheter or even when the urethra is damaged as in suprapubic catheterisation.? Cause in dictionary I've found in my language it also means port in which you get drugs/medicines intravenously?

No, just a condom catheter, not a foley. Advantage would be to be able to put it on and take it off as needed, less invasive.

TMZ

Judge: Murray's iPhone Admissible as Evidence

Judge Michael Pastor ruled this morning that recently obtained data from Dr. Conrad Murray's iPhone can admitted as evidence.

According to Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, the phone contains a few short voicemails and 12 screenshots that may be used as evidence during the hearing.

The prosecution has used phone records create a timeline of what Murray did on the day Michael Jackson died.

Maybe this helps:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_insert_a_condom_catheter

(was trying to find a simple explanation)

off topic , I would say a catheter is a flexible tube.

Recently obtained data from the cell phone of the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death can be admitted as evidence in a preliminary hearing, a judge ruled Monday.

Murray's defense attorney, Ed Chernoff, described some of the data as brief voicemails. He also said there were 12 screenshots found on the phone that may be used as evidence.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor made the ruling before testimony was to resume at the hearing of Dr. Conrad Murray.

A prosecutor said he intended to use some of the information, which was disclosed to attorneys handling the case late last week, when he calls his first witness of the day.

Pastor said some of the information is protected by attorney-client privilege, but most is not.

Prosecutors have used Murray's phone records to help create a detailed timeline of the doctor's actions on the day Jackson died.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/01/10/entertainment-us-michael-jackson-doctor_8248516.html

Ok yeah lol that make sense and thats what I wondered.. so everytime we see a report from her/her group, its when the court is in recess? How often does that happen because I see many updates from them

I've never been on trial, but breaks and things like that are common sometimes because things change alot. New evidence, or maybe the lawyers need to discuss things in private. Plus sometimes they just take breaks to stretch, clear the mind, eat. It's common. These things can be long processes.

Thanks, Pace and Laura. :wub: It's all good now. My roommate texted me to come back home, inside, because the internet is up now. Man, that was brutal. Haha.

Now this is from Trials and Tribulations

Now a speculation on my part

Remember last week we discussed whether the texts etc can be recovered and we learned that cell phone providers keep logs of text messages for a while (can range from few days to few weeks) but they say best way to recover any information is to subpoena the cell phone and have forensic experts revive data from it. This might be the scenario here. A special master might have been appointed to examine the recovered data and make sure that the privilege is respected.

Yep, that's what I thought too. I hope so.

true. after the event he could have called one

I'm quite sure that Murray was aware that he was responsible for what happened to Michael. The most logical thing to do will be to call a lawyer as soon as possible. Remember he also avoided the police for 2 days. And as the police started investigating his phone and phone calls there was already communication with his lawyers on the record.

^ Yeah, didn't the first comment by Chernoff (or maybe Flannagan?) come out on like the 27th or something?

A prosecutor said he intended to use some of the information, which was disclosed to attorneys handling the case late last week, when he calls his first witness of the day.
how come? they checked his phone records ages ago. how could things be mised?

^ Yeah, didn't the first comment by Chernoff (or maybe Flannagan?) come out on like the 27th or something?

Glad you're home !!! I don't remember the first time I heard of Chernoff, but Flanagan came later

Late last week? Sounds like a change of strategy based on witness testimony.

If I'm not mistaken, I heard on UStream that even the defense didn't know what those screen caps and voicemails are. And that's why all sides needed to review it. Anybody else hear that?

Last edited:
how come? they checked his phone records ages ago. how could things be mised?

Maybe it has something to do with what the ATT and / or Sprint witnesses said ? That text messages and voicemails could be retrieved from the phone itself , if I remember correctly).
Sounds strange though

I'm quite sure that Murray was aware that he was responsible for what happened to Michael. The most logical thing to do will be to call a lawyer as soon as possible. Remember he also avoided the police for 2 days. And as the police started investigating his phone and phone calls there was already communication with his lawyers on the record.

Of course he was - why avoid the police when all the medias were telling that Michael's doctor was missing and the cops were looking for him ? only a guilty man can act this way -

If I'm not mistaken, I heard on UStream that even the defense didn't know what those screen caps and voicemails are. And that's why all sides needed to review it. Anybody else hear that?

Yes, I heard that too. I'll go check sprocket's notes.

Late last week? Sounds like a change of strategy based on witness testimony.

yeah sounds like it from below. wondering if the witness said something and the pros were able to go to the phone company and get hold of the info from them?

Some of my friends have told me they no longer wish to discuss the
Conrad Murray trial with me because they find it "unnerving".
When asked to elaborate some have responded that they are afraid of what
they might find out about how Michael Jackson was killed
and about who was responsible for Michael's death.

I am pretty sure the truth will be painful for us. But it hurts from the 25.06.2009, it aches from the first day of testimonies. It won't be easy, so... :huggy: CherubimII and all of you.

Ivy, or someone? I understand about client/attorney privilege, but are they able to present as evidence the numbers someone called? For example, can they present as evidence the fact there was a call, but not reveal the content? Reason being, in case Murray called an attorney BEFORE he called 911 on the morning of the 25th. Indicating that he KNEW he'd need legal assistance?

Ivy, or someone? I understand about client/attorney privilege, but are they able to present as evidence the numbers someone called? For example, can they present as evidence the fact there was a call, but not reveal the content? Reason being, in case Murray called an attorney BEFORE he called 911 on the morning of the 25th. Indicating that he KNEW he'd need legal assistance?

yeh i see no issue with showing the numbers. the issue is showing the details of the call or the screen shots could be emails maybe?

I am pretty sure the truth will be painful for us. But it hurts from the 25.06.2009, it aches from the first day of testimonies. It won't be easy, so... :huggy: CherubimII and all of you.
Thank you, Lost Child, for responding. I don't fear the truth, because the Bible says: "The Truth will set up free", and I believe it will, and that will be a good thing for us all. :huggy: :huggy:

Back