Prince wants to do a tattoo in honour of Michael

valeryjackson

Proud Member
:wub:

what do you think? I can't wait to see what he choose :wub:

Video in the link :) [video]http://it.tinypic.com/r/2m2tmbq/9[/video]

His children do not have to self mutilate themselves! Rrrrrr! Besides...how was "Dangerous" ever released as a single...I don't get it...

His children do not have to self mutilate themselves! Rrrrrr! Besides...how was "Dangerous" ever released as a single...I don't get it...

Getting a tattoo isn't self mutilation. If he wants to get a tattoo, what does it matter to you?

First of all,tattoos are not "self mutilation". Self mutilation would be purposely cutting/burning yourself. Second of all,Dangerous was never released as a single. Third of all,Prince is not your child so why in God's name are you so concerned about what he does to his body? He's honoring his father.

First of all,tattoos are not "self mutilation". Self mutilation would be purposely cutting/burning yourself. Second of all,Dangerous was never released as a single. Third of all,Prince is not your child so why in God's name are you so concerned about what he does to his body? He's honoring his father.
Maybe he's just talking about Michael and his costume for the Dangerous number-since Paris already has a tattoo of the album cover.

eta: He looks really good in this little clip.

Lol. In order to get a tattoo it involves CUTTING one's self. I fully realize that most people self mutilate themselves with them and have since the turn of the century. It doesn't change anything. It certainly does not show discipline and respect for one's body. Especially since people do change their minds over time and people do agree that they are ugly at least over time. How dare I think of his well being! Who do I think I am? A monster?! Obviously no one else is giving him a head's up at least that's influencing him to not do it...maybe MENTIONING it somewhere will actually do some sort of good...though probably not. As it is he will probably have to get it redone years later as they do fade...assuming he cares enough to go through all the pain again. Or if anyone in his life actually care about him. It's just so unnecessarily sad.

Lol. In order to get a tattoo it involves CUTTING one's self. I fully realize that most people self mutilate themselves with them and have since the turn of the century. It doesn't change anything. It certainly does not show discipline and respect for one's body. Especially since people do change their minds over time and people do agree that they are ugly at least over time. How dare I think of his well being! Who do I think I am? A monster?! Obviously no one else is giving him a head's up at least that's influencing him to not do it...maybe MENTIONING it somewhere will actually do some sort of good...though probably not. As it is he will probably have to get it redone years later as they do fade...assuming he cares enough to go through all the pain again. Or if anyone in his life actually care about him. It's just so unnecessarily sad.

It's a tattoo. You're making it out to more major than it is. It's 'unnecessarily sad'. LOL, it's a tattoo. It's not the end of the world.

So if he's not stopped from getting a tattoo it means nobody cares about him? Well then, I guess there's a heck of a lot of people who don't have anybody who cares for them on this planet.

If you dislike tattoos, that's fine. I'm not really a fan of them myself. However, it's his body and it's such a small deal. He wants to get a tattoo of something related to MJ. Good for him.

Well, that's entirely true. That and most people do not know what they are doing and make horrific choices and decisions both with themselves and others. And it is not a small deal to either cut your self or to permanently disfigure ones self. You would think of all people who would know...besides...if it is not such a big deal...and it doesn't matter...why not get a big one? Why not on his face. Or his whole face? What's the problem?

Well, that's entirely true. That and most people do not know what they are doing and make horrific choices and decisions both with themselves and others. And it is not a small deal to either cut your self or to permanently disfigure ones self. You would think of all people who would know...besides...if it is not such a big deal...and it doesn't matter...why not get a big one? Why not on his face. Or his whole face? What's the problem?

One person's "mutilation" is another's artistic expression. If that's how you personally feel about tattoos, that's perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with that. But there's no right or wrong answer here, it all comes down to personal choice and ownership of your own body.

Funny how tanning isn't seen as mutilation; purposely sitting in the sun until your skin literally cooks like a turkey in an oven, for sake of a particular aesthetic. Is tanning wrong or right?

We're all free to have personal likes and dislikes, but it's important to remember that those likes/dislikes are ALWAYS relative.

Live and let live.

I'm sure whatever Prince chooses will be fire, he's a creative kid!

Dam some people really got nothing better to worry about.

Prince is handsome! I hope he finds something special to do. I wonder what he means by Moonwalker and Dangerous "the single not the album," maybe the live performance? I think this can be a good idea. I like that he's giving it a thought first.

Dear Lord, you would think that Michael Jackson fans would be more open to the prospect of changing certain aspects of your body!

Myself I was never to enthusiastic about tattoos. Meaning that if they have a deeper meaning it can be very profound and personal, but if they were a result of a drunken state of mind, they can be quite ridiculous. I saw it as a duty of mine to get myself a tattoo of Michael, eventhough I hadn't been too keen of them before. But seeing that it has a very deep meaning for me, I do NOT regret it in any way. I thought it through very thoroughly and took time to figure out the motive and the place where I wanted it and finaly had it done 6 months after Michael's passing.

It seems to me that Prince definitely took time to think about it and still is thinking about it. It definitely won't be a quick decision.

Plus, the Dangerous and Smooth Criminal poses are classic and can be done very well as a tatoo. Myself I chose the Smooth Criminal one.

I think the problem is with family fans not mj ones. Maybe it would be ok if it was the j5 logo?

Alex - I understand your view point of tattooing but you also have to be understanding that many other people do not view tattooing as disrespecting the body in any way.. Culturally speaking - many cultures it's customary to get tattooed and is something to actually be proud of..

People will se tattooing differently depending on religious beliefs, cultural surroundings, and personal interpretations of what tattooing means...

We can take this in many way, isn't piercing your ears 'cutting' and altering the body? But culturally to most that is acceptable... for some not.. people walk around with holes in the ears (or wherever) and hang ordainments from them.. We are not Christmas trees but it's still normal right?

Remember, culture will dictate what is 'normal'... For many tattooing is a form of self expression and in many ways less vain than putting on makeup, earrings, dying ones hair or any other visually changing appearance.

Tattoos have been used for ages and fulfilled different cultural functions within different cultures. Like, of course, showing a certain social status.

Countless ways of things we do to our bodies theoretically can turn into negative issues: tattoos, piercings, eating, drinking, tanning (like stated before) ...
It all depends on measure AND on the respective person if habits become addiction, self harm, ...

The oldest tattoo recorded was 5200 years ago.. much earlier than modern religions. Tattoos have been used for reason stemming from cultural significant like stated to even pre acupunctural healing.. has much deeper reasons and meaning than some give credit for.

Oh, wow, thanks for the history and psychological lesson but, um, wow. No. Nothing that you said should be a standard for self mutilating one's self. You all realize is history is made up of people explaining, justifying, and following through on anything and everything. Right? And yes, getting sun tans (ala, burns) are not executable either. Whatever you know? Some people never learn.

The oldest tattoo recorded was 5200 years ago.. much earlier than modern religions. Tattoos have been used for reason stemming from cultural significant like stated to even pre acupunctural healing.. has much deeper reasons and meaning than some give credit for.

Tattoos have also been taboo in western cultural for years and associated with gangs and people in jail ,some people just don't like them ,

Eeeeek. And it's that kind of thinking that ravaged thousands of indigenous cultures and traditions, and laid waste to millions of lives over hundreds of years. Here's where I press the emergency exit button lol. :puke:

Why do people care so much? It's his body. Besides, for someone who seems to have a skin disease tattoos are not the worst thing he can have. If they want to honor their father this way, why not? He seems to be thoughtful and it's obviously not something he's going to regret later.

Alex - there was no reason for your mockery about my post... Your personal opinion is yours, maybe instead of speaking bad about Tattoos (which many people here have) with your intolerance of other peoples views - you can take a look at the way you speak about other people and there beliefs... People get tattoos with pride and do not do so as a 'self mutilating' move.. That is Princes way of honoring his father - for you to push your cultural/religious/conservative ( or ) whatever belief your opinion stems from is not cool!

stating and pushing opinions are two different things!

If you state your opinion and others respond and state there own doesn't give you the window to attack there point of view.. No one (that I noticed) did that to you...Yet you mock others! Don't forget that you're view does not speak for the majority here!

How do you come to a conclusion that I was MOCKING anyone?! Lol. Right. How dare I show cause of concern for anyone! How dare I express the opinion of OTHER people! Lol. Again, right.Wow, did you just tell me that "many people have tattoos"?! Well thank you for enlightening me! I had no idea! How do I function being SO STUPID?! Yezus. How does anyone know what he is going to think in the future?! Seriously. Seriously. I hope the doctor will be able to find any cancer that grows on him where it is or anyone for that matter once they have drawn on themselves like a toddler. Sheesh. I won't mention that Mooslims have Fatwas (do you even know what those are oh enlighten one?) on people with tattoos because I'm sure I will be the bad guy somehow someway because I dared to share this fact!

Last edited:
Tattoos have also been taboo in western cultural for years and associated with gangs and people in jail ,some people just don't like them ,

It's not a Western thing. That negative stereotype of tattoos exists in many cultures all over the world, from South America to the Middle East to Asia. See for example: Go undercover: Tattooed travellers in Japan beware

That said, Prince is free to do whatever he wants with his body and I personally think it's a nice gesture for his father. Some will dismiss any kind of tattoos as "mutilation" while others think of it as a form of artistic expression and enhancement. I would never get a tattoo myself but it doesn't bother me when others do so and I certainly wouldn't make any moral judgements about them. Live and let live.

Back