Quincy Jones: Jackson friendship wasn't poisoned

There was nothing to forgive!! Billie Jean was fairly successful too wasn't it? LOL No way would I have admitted that he thought Michael was wrong to include it when music history showed who was on the money and who wasn't.

There was nothing to forgive!! Billie Jean was fairly successful too wasn't it? LOL No way would I have admitted that he thought Michael was wrong to include it when music history showed who was on the money and who wasn't.
just makes him sound like he was stupid for even saying such a thing.then and now. the guys insenile

He couldn't have expected Michael to agree on everything on what Quincy said. Michael made some brilliant decisions but then some bad. They can't always be good.

Plus, Michael wanted to move on, try new things, new faces. Music is about experimenting, not repeating the same thing over.

Hes so far up his own arse im surprised he can walk without bumping into things.

The genius was the man who passed away on 6/25/2009.

Last edited:
I don't think by any means we can take away from all that Qunicy has contributed in his lifetime. He has done some great work. I mean the theme from Sanford and Son in itself is a masterpiece. And what Quincy was able to do was enhance what all that Michael brought to the table and give us some really fantastic, jazzy, layered, and timeless classics on three albums.

What Quincy is able to do with sound, I don't downplay. I think WE have to give credit where credit is due even if QUINCY does not. I am thinking maybe people who downplay Quincy are not aware of his catalog of production??? Maybe??

That said, I think Quincy (and anyone else who falls in this category) does an enormous disservice by downplaying Michael and what he was able to achieve. Dangerous is my favorite album, and is the favorite of many MJ fans, and has no production from Quincy whatsoever.

They both have been very successful before and after ever working together. However, when they were together... It was magic!

:busted::swoon::smack::crazy

OMG, this proves Q has lost his ever loving mind !! Only an old person who has lost touch with the real world would continue to comment about how he didn"t like "Billie Jean" !! Every time this dinosaur keeps opening his mouth I see why Michael lost faith in his abilities to CO-OPERATE and include Michael"s dreams and visions creatively and effectively!! Michael brought everything the songs, the lyrics, and melodies already done before he brought them to Q to help with NOT create them or re-invent them your mind seems to fog out of this point !! Then he tells Michael he doesn"t think this and he doesn"t think that about the diamonds already made and mean while has the NERVE to say that "Thriller" would be greatful to sell even 6million and to actually tell Michael that as a producer to put a pin prick into Michael's balloon of his goal of 100 million !! I don"t know about you but that doesn"t sound like someone who has Michael"s back at all !! I never once heard Q say Michael was right or Michael said it would reach 100 million and that he was an IDIOT for trying to rain on Michael"s parade !! Not once !! All you can say Q is a few nice words and then these out landish comments that include yourself in about Michael that's what you have to say about a genius you say couldn't have been without you !! Q get a CLUE !! You were wrong for trying to intrude on Michael"s vision of Billie Jean !! You were wrong when you told Michael NOT to get his hopes up about Thriller selling less then 10 million (like 100 million off) !! You were wrong for trying to USE Michael as an instrument in one of your big band theories or one of your compositions !! You were definetly WRONG for talking about Michael"s children which is none of your business or concern since they were born and you call yourself a spiritual loving person !! You are and were FLAT OUT wrong period on so many things regarding the genius you said you worked with in Michael, that no one should take you seriously if they want to succeed they truly can't take a risk on you like Michael did !! You need to apologize for your GROSS errors in judgements in PUBLIC because if you don't it will prove that your consumed by your POISON !! Now you decide to speak about how you FORGAVE Michael, I can never take you seriously ever again with this comment I no longer have any once of respect for you and that is how YOU have effectively infected your entire professional career you worked so hard to obtain !! No one listens to a man talented or not when all that comes out his mouth is JEALOUSY and BITTERNESS when after all is said and done it was Michael that chose and allowed you to help HIM bring the greatest selling album of all time into the world and it's history !! You will know the true meaning of KARMA if no one listens to anything you have to say (even if you use Michael's name) and you fade to relic statis !!

You will know what it feels like to not be heard , not be listened to and overlooked and undermined just like you did to Michael, accept and admit your roll in what you did Q to make Michael run away from you so fast when you were a father figure to him !! Oh and write this down Q Michael Fans have seriously LONG memories shocking you don't !!... Q has no CLUE !!

R.I.Pieces Q !! You know what you did and so do WE the real Michael lovers Q, I thank God everyday Michael left you exactly when he should of before your ego issues got in his way !! I am done with you Q, now go away and keep your mouth shut about Michael while some people still have respect for you !!

:smack::crazy::hearspeaksee::no:

Last edited:
WTF? I remember being shocked a few yrs back when Q frst started talkin smack about Mike. I was like "What is goin on....what happen?" Little did I know he was just BITTER as ish! MJ wanted more creative control, he was growing as an artist. He was near 30 when Bad came out. He knew what he wanted by then more then ever.

MJ doesn't have to be forgiven for wanting to keep growing as an artist and trying new things as he did. It's what made him the best. And Q turn that into something so ugly when it shouldn't have. Turning his bitterness/hate against MJ by insulting his children was uncalled for.

Q is an amazing producer and MJ is too. Infact many of the tracks like BJ were practically done before Q got his hands on them especially on the Bad album. But, Q as a friend to MJ failed him IMO like so many had!

And I have no idea when exactly he forgave MJ? o_O Cause it clearly wasn't before or even after his death cause after his death he was ish talkin like crazy as we all know. So was this a sudden changed? OH PLEASE....not another one!

Last edited:
It's like the Lennon McCartney relationship... "Q" is a legendary... A true master in his own write! MJ always respected "Q", and so should we. If it wasn't for Quincy Jones "Off The Wall" "Thriller" & "Bad" would never have been the classics they were. Quincy showed Michel respect from day one... MJ plus QJ = The ultimate team! Dear fellow MJ fans, don't let hate overcome you. Michael was all about L.O.V.E.

MJ recorded his most personal album "Dangerous", and "Q"was left behind... Must have felt horrible for a guy who produced Frank Sinatra! back in the day.

^ The contract was for 3 albums. And they did it, with great success and good times. But, Q was just bitter that MJ wanted more creative control. Like there's anything wrong with that or something! Sour Grapes is all I can say to Q! Baby birds do eventually fly! It's the way of life! lol

Yes it's the way of life...But it's nothing to be angry about. Let us thank Quincy & Michael for the three masterpieces they made together! Quincy was no nobody... He was a star of his own when it came to recording & producing epic music!

I don't think by any means we can take away from all that Qunicy has contributed in his lifetime. He has done some great work. I mean the theme from Sanford and Son in itself is a masterpiece. And what Quincy was able to do was enhance what all that Michael brought to the table and give us some really fantastic, jazzy, layered, and timeless classics on three albums.

What Quincy is able to do with sound, I don't downplay. I think WE have to give credit where credit is due even if QUINCY does not. I am thinking maybe people who downplay Quincy are not aware of his catalog of production??? Maybe??

That said, I think Quincy (and anyone else who falls in this category) does an enourmous disservice by downplaying Michael and what he was able to achieve. Dangerous is my favorite album, and is the favorite of many MJ fans, and has no production from Quincy whatsoever.

They both have been very successful before and after ever working together. However, when they were together... It was magic!

ITA on all points. Quincy Jones has a very long and very impressive resume without his MJ period, including fantastic movie scores, television shows, and much more. There was some show honoring him years ago and they listed some of his works, and I was stunned he'd scored certain movies and television shows, as well as produced them. I had no idea how extensive his work was.

What Michael did for him in the eighties, was to make him more mainstream and be recognized in the "pop" arena. Because no one popularized the name of Quincy Jones as Michael Jackson did.

Together, they were indeed magic, but after they stopped working together, Quincy did often downplay MJ especially in the later years. Generally when I read an interview on Quincy, when it was mentioned how great it must have been to work with Michael, he'd agree MJ was good, but always counter by saying he'd worked with giants such as Sinatra or Fitzgerald, as if MJ was not in the same league.

I thought when they parted ways after Bad, it was amicable, but it's become pretty apparent Quincy remained peeved about that or something or lots of things. Who knows? But choosing to make his real feelings fully known after MJ's death when fans were reeling was just nuts. Whatever comes out his mouth about MJ now just sounds disingenuous.

So I completely give him his due respect for his work, but just don't respect him the man much anymore.

It's like the Lennon McCartney relationship... "Q" is a legendary... A true master in his own write! MJ always respected "Q", and so should we. If it wasn't for Quincy Jones "Off The Wall" "Thriller" & "Bad" would never have been the classics they were. Quincy showed Michel respect from day one... MJ plus QJ = The ultimate team!Dear fellow MJ fans, don't let hate overcome you. Michael was all about L.O.V.E.

MJ recorded his most personal album "Dangerous", and "Q"was left behind... Must have felt horrible for a guy who produced Frank Sinatra! back in the day.

So let me be an ugly person, a black hearted prick and tell you that i don't have the single respect for Quincy Jones what so ever. He might be a great producer but as a human being he proved that he is, at least for me, below average. Maybe is his age i don't know.What i know is that you don't say the things he said about MJ, especially only few days after he died and especially if you claim that that person is your friend.

And I don't know why you think that just because he produced those albums that that gives him some kind of immunity and he can say shit about MJ and we just have to take them and say "well, he produced those albums, so he is forgiven"?

Quincy showed Michel respect from day one

I just saw this. He showed him respect? How exactly? By saying that he didn't want to be black, by saying that he didn't have Vitiligo and bleached his skin, by saying that the kids weren't his, by saying that the Conrad Murray verdict was bullshit, by saying that MJ wasn't that talented?

Ok, whatever. I say that the guy is an idiot. And i don't care how many record he produced or if he produced God himself.

You know what I am sorry for is that Q has chosen to disrespect Michael's children, undermine Michael's intellegence and it's all ok because he helped Michael back in the day !! Let's talk about what Q has done TODAY for Michael's legacy shall we?? Because there you will find Q has allowed his POISON to manifest in the ultimate betrayal of what HE has done with Michael !! You have to be honest and see the truth as it is today regarding Michael and Q, and Q has lost his semblence of control when it comes to talking to the press about Michael who is not here to confront or silence Q in his arrogant opinions of what Michael did or was !!

This has nothing to do with what Q did back then when he was important, we are discussing what Q is doing to undermine and belittle what Michael did for Michael and not what Q thought he should do , or didn't do for Q !!

Q doesn't get a get out of jail free card because of what he did for Michael in 3 albums !! No one gets a free card to direspect Michael NO ONE !!! Zero tolerance is zero tolerance !!

This is about what Q is and has done in comments in print against the very Legacy he says he hepled to create with Michael !!

Are you trying to tell me that Q can say whatever he wants about Michael and we are supposed to act like aww well he did help bring Michael's albums to the world ??

Did you miss the part that if it wasen't for Q Billie Jean and other Michael diamonds would have NEVER seen the light of day, maybe even "Thriller" as we know know it !! Really !!!

Michael should constant repsect and adoration of Q, before, after and during everything no matter what, even when the press didn't print it always !! Now let us turn to what Q has said about Michael when anyone puts a microphone in front of his face !!

Q's Comments in PRINT:

~Talked about Michael's Vitiligo and Bleaching his skin like he had to validate what the hating press wanted all along in a negative way !!

~Talked about the lineage of Michael's children and how they weren't his, again exactly what the press that hated Michael needed him to say to sell their interview with Q !!

~Talks about how He had FORGIVEN Michael years ago for some imaginary delusion or afront to him that Michael perpatrated on him !! Not one single solitary proof or evidence of which Q has any case what so ever !! No one but Q in his deteriorating state knows what exactly that is but it is printed anyway because the truth won't get Q an exclusive with the Q loving press !!

~When given an opportunity after all these years to correct and clarify to the Michael press haters ( which Q knew full well hated Michael ) or the many chances Q had to set some lies straight regarding Michael misconceptions once and for all, Q has chosen to talk about his forgiveness of Michael and further perpetuating Michael did things that he needed forgiving for from Q !!

Please correct me if I am wrong !!:scratch::crazy:

It's like the Lennon McCartney relationship... "Q" is a legendary... A true master in his own write! MJ always respected "Q", and so should we. If it wasn't for Quincy Jones "Off The Wall" "Thriller" & "Bad" would never have been the classics they were. Quincy showed Michel respect from day one... MJ plus QJ = The ultimate team! Dear fellow MJ fans, don't let hate overcome you. Michael was all about L.O.V.E.

Last edited:
Yes it's the way of life...But it's nothing to be angry about. Let us thank Quincy & Michael for the three masterpieces they made together! Quincy was no nobody... He was a star of his own when it came to recording & producing epic music!
o_O Dude I am fine with the music they made together. I am not pissing on that. But, what I am not fine about and will not gloss over is his disrespect of MJ just because the brotha wanted to move on.

So u should be tellin Q that he shouldn't have never been angry and not me! lol

He needed Michael's forgiveness, not the other way around.

I remember when Michael told Us that he was being followed around everywhere and not by the Fans, he felt that he was being bugged and listened to in his private moments of peace !! How many times did I hear him say this !! What happened 2004 all of a sudden after the fakest trial ever known to man, the FBI decide to tell the world about their years of pages, files and photos state they did just that !! Proving Michael right without a shadow of a doubt and that Michael was not one bit crazy at all !!

After all this we now know about what Q has said in the press about Michael and respect is so important that we need to be reminded to repsect Q for what he did in the past even when Q's own words today 2012 in print offend Michael, his children, his legacy and Us are ok with you??

I am sorry you will NOT ever get me to see that I will ever respect Q again. You have to EARN respect you don't because you think you deserve it Q !! I will never again, buy anything with Q's name on it no matter the artist, never will I ever look at Q the same again !!

He is obviously washed up in senility and fading out and desperately holding on to what others think of him and his opinions about Michael !! He has fallen such a long way down from the high pedestal throne he enjoyed from Michael and other artist that PUT him there in the first place!!

It is so ugly Q you are no better then rabbi smuck in my eyes now who also thought he could RE-ARRANGE Michael Jackson for credit in the world and failed !! Is that the real reason why you forgave Michael, Q because you couldn't change him the way you tried to or is it because Michael refused to let you distort him in your image of what you thought he should be Q, isn't that it !!

Even after all these years and took this to his grave Michael never told Us the truth about Q because he is the better person for not exposing Q for what Michael knew was true !!
Shame shame and more shame on you Q, your mask is slipping and now we see what Michael really saw in you !! You played yourself Q.. and your skipping..

Last edited:
Saw Mr Jones on larry king live, shortly after MJ passed. He was clearly under the influence of something. He was so out of it, i was embarassed for him. Always had difficulty comprehending Mr Jones. Now i know what's up with Mr Jones.

I don't understand why we have to combine Quency's works with his personality. He was a great producer for sure and people respect his "work". He earned it. However, personality wise what he did outside of the work is not as good as his work. BTW, Quency is not the only factor to make the album success. The most key part is Michael and you also need Bruce Swedien (who is the one MJ actually always use). You also need other song writers and the promotion team to make the whole thing happened. The timing is also playing an important role. It's not just Quency's to make the albums successful.

He was a great producer and no on denied it. However, how come people need to love him and overlook what he said about Michael just because he is a good producer? He said MJ was his little brother or whatever. But on the other hand, he said MJ bleached his skin and PPB were not his kids in the public. Quency can have his point of view but talked about these thing in public is not what you do to your so called little brother. You said Quency show respect of MJ from day one? Really????? How come "people don't want to be black", "no talent", "his kids are not his" are respectful words to say? I guess the definition for "respect" changed.

Last edited:
OK so now that Michael is dead and he cannot defend himself, Quincy comes up with a tale that he forgave Michael for some mysterious transgression? Michael worked with Quincy, and as he did in the past, he knew when to move on to a new talent so he could work on newer beats, ideas, music, production, etc. It was time for him to go, so why is Q so upset. Michael worked with him and it was good, just like when he worked with Motown, and knew when it was time for him to move on. Q needs to move on himself. It must be annoying to him, that after all his achievements, he has to focus on questions about Michael Jackson.

Good lord. I don't get these people that were in Michael's life. Just insane.

It broke my heart to hear Q talk like that about MJ the way he did in those interviews. It's still shocking 2 me after all these yrs. It's just messed up. Like damn even his so called friends couldn't handle his growing talent and fame and stop seeing him as a person...even his own family too! SMH

I read the Beatles's Cirque du Soleil album was produced by their legendary producer, George Martin and I felt a little envy because I thought it would be so great if Quincy had worked on some posthumus materials by Michael as a long time and legendary producer of Michael. But I guess that will never happen given the bitterness of Quincy. I find that sad.

:wtf: Really?

Mr. Q., it seems to me that bitterness indeed took root and flourished on your part, why else, whatever your reasoning, would you keep making snide public remarks? I would think that after ALL these years, you would have let it go...

:censored:

I don't think anybody is downplaying Quincy's work and his talent. To me he is the best producer Michael ever had. Teddy Riley is nowhere near him in my opinion. This doesn't mean though that Michael's best album was necessarily one of the Q albums. Obviously it's a matter of taste, but to me Michael's best album was Dangerous. But as a producer, I think Teddy needed his hand held by Michael to be effective and great. It becomes clear when I listen to his work on the "Michael" album and it turns out that without Michael's instructions he is surpisingly average. Quincy however was a great producer on his own as well. So I have a great deal of respect for him as a musician. But I don't have respect for him as a human being.

I'm too think he is good producer but that is it. As person he is egomaniac and bully.

This is what he said of Kanye, which he apologised later:
“How man? No way. Did he write for a symphony orchestra? Does he write for a Jazz orchestra? Come on, man. He’s just a rapper. There’s no comparison. I’m not putting him down or making a judgment or anything, but we come from different sides of the planet. I spent 28 years learning my first skill. I don’t rap. It’s not the same thing. A producer has some sort of skills that enable him to be a producer. It’s totally different to know what to do with 16 woodwinds you know from piccolos down to bass clarinet. It’s a whole different mind set. No comparison. None.”

Never mind what each of us think of Kanye, but if that is not putting down someone, I don't know what is?
He is just one of those people that has to bring down someone in order to make himself look good.
Michael never said anything nasty to other musician as he felt there is no need for it and he respected them.
It's a pity that Quincy's personality doesn't match with his talent. Even in his Grauman speech he just couldn't help himself, he had to take a few shots at Michael :(

Anyone know if he ever apologise what he said about Michael or anything him being wrong?

Back