The Sweet Inspiration
The Impressions
Marvin Gaye
Chubby Checker
Norm N. Nite
The Delfonics
The Imperial Wonders
Russell Tompkins of the Stylistics 20

Yay!!! The King!!! :bow::clap::yes::jump::moonwalkThanks so much for sharing!

I hope Mrs. Jackson and the kids get to go for this induction. I watched some of the ceremony from last year on You Tube today (David Ruffin's kids, etc) and it was pretty touching. Especially since it's close to Michael's birthday celebration in Gary.

Another meaningless induction ceremony. MJ estate represents MJ in death. it's that simple.

What I can see R&B Hall of Fame-induction is only the 2. year. First 2013

Joe will go
http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=1439

and I saw now on the website he will get a "living legend-award". Oh mei

http://www.rbhalloffame.com/rb-hall-of-fame/

The Living Legend award will be given to Joe Jackson, father (and alleged tormentor) of the Jacksons.
Oh no! I think there's been a need for a R&B Hall of fame for years and I loved watching part of last year's ceremony on the internet yesterday. But to give Joseph the "living legend" award???? When you have people like Berry Gordy, Gamble and Huff, Diana, Smokey Robinson-who ARE legends? Sad, sad, sad.

Wait you mean to said their are give Joe Jackson a Living Legend award for what that need to go to someone like a Smokey Robinson i would prefer that who is a legend not Joe Jackson you are so right that is sad. Are their just give him this award because he is Michael father that how i see ii. I don't see him as legend material. Shaking my head.

Last edited:
Michael will be inducted in the R&B Hall Of Fame on 24th August 2014

http://www.rbhalloffame.com/

2014 INDUCTEES:

Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston
The Whispers
The Spinners
The Dells
The Funk Brothers
The Sweet Inspiration
The Impressions
Marvin Gaye
Chubby Checker
Norm N. Nite
The Delfonics
The Imperial Wonders

Now this are legend.

My personal opinion about this is that this celebration is completely useless!!
MJ already is a LEGEND!!! he doesn't need this awards after death...
Why not to make a REAL celebrating show instead?? I mean one with the very big artists!!
What have been done till now is completely not enough to celebrate his greatness!!...Freddy Mercury had his own celebration Show in a great way, and I think Michael deserves his own just as big!!

My personal opinion about this is that this celebration is completely useless!!
MJ already is a LEGEND!!! he doesn't need this awards after death...
Why not to make a REAL celebrating show instead?? I mean one with the very big artists!!
What have been done till now is completely not enough to celebrate his greatness!!...Freddy Mercury had his own celebration Show in a great way, and I think Michael deserves his own just as big!!

You are so right.

they are giving joe this award as no other celeb accepted to attend

Michael will be inducted in the R&B Hall Of Fame on 24th August 2014

http://www.rbhalloffame.com/

2014 INDUCTEES:

Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston
The Whispers
The Spinners
The Dells
The Funk Brothers
The Sweet Inspiration
The Impressions
Marvin Gaye
Chubby Checker
Norm N. Nite
The Delfonics
The Imperial Wonders

I'm happy for him ^-^ and hopefully next year Aaliyah gets inducted too. But back to the subject. Why is Joseph going? Shouldn't the kids go?

How sad (and pathetic) that some here think Rhythm & Blues is "useless" and "unnecessary". Did some of you forget that what is called Rock & Roll has deep roots in R&B? Did some of you forget that Mike himself has deep roots in R&B?

:wtf: :smilerolleyes:

How sad (and pathetic) that some here think Rhythm & Blues is "useless" and "unnecessary". Did some of you forget that what is called Rock & Roll has deep roots in R&B? Did some of you forget that Mike himself has deep roots in R&B?

Oh here you go again with your ridiculous diatribe...most of us love R&B and we are well of MJ's roots so please, professor, take a seat and give it a rest.

Oh here you go again with your ridiculous diatribe...most of us love R&B and we are well of MJ's roots so please, professor, take a seat and give it a rest.

:yawn: Don't like what I post? Keep SCROLLING. Your weak attempt at disrespect and/or trying to score brownie points is sad at best.

Deep, deep, deep roots. Well, I think this hall of fame is pretty important and I understand that once they get the money, they will have their own location in Cleveland near the Rock n Roll Hall. Who said "R&B had a baby and they called it Rock n Roll"? Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis? One of them.

OK-they posted a few pictures to their site. Looks like Joseph got a legend award, but Cissy Houston was also there to receive an award. Nice.
images

OK, as confusing as last year's induction was, this one is more so. They are announcing TWO induction ceremonies for the R&B Hall of Fame for 2015 in TWO different cities-Clarksdale, MS AND Detroit, MI.

And Joe, is getting an award again-this time for humanitarian work. I wrote to them asking if he was being honored himself (?) or accepting on behalf of Michael. But I had to ask through Facebook and I'm not good at that-so not sure if I'll get an answer.

2015-Clarksdale-Induction-Ceremony-flyer_back-667x1024.jpg

*The Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame & Museum will host its 3rd annual Induction Ceremony in the city of Clarksdale, Mississippi on June 6, 2015 at the Clarksdale Civic Auditorium.
The Red Carpet will start at 5:00 p.m. and the induction ceremony will start at 6:00 p.m.
LaMont “ShowBoat” Robinson, founder of the project, said “We are so proud to be bringing the Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Clarksdale, and this induction ceremony is going to honor the greats of Rhythm & Blues in the place where American popular music was born.”
The 2015 class of inductees includes Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Millie Jackson, Bobby Rush, The Bar-Kay’s, Sam and Dave, Al Bell, Ike Turner, The Mad Lads, Stax Records, Dorothy Moore, Muddy Waters, Denise LaSalle, Little Junior Parker and WDIA radio station.
Robinson said, “Clarksdale is the perfect home for this project. This area has been so important to the history of American music and global music culture that we felt this was the best place to enshrine and honor the legends of R&B. Delta Blues became Rhythm & Blues, and we are proud to be bringing our Museum and Hall of Fame to Clarksdale. This is where it all began.”
Other awards to be presented include The Rhythm & Blues Lifetime Achievement Award to Morgan Freeman, actor and nightclub owner; The Rhythm & Blues Humanitarian Award to Joe Jackson, father of pop icon Michael Jackson; The Robert Johnson Rising Star Award to Christone “Kingfish” Ingram and The Juke Joint of the Year Award to Ground Zero Blues Club.
Plans are underway for the establishment of a permanent museum in Clarksdale to enshrine those inducted into the Hall of Fame. Clarksdale has long been a top destination for music tourists from around the world, and is home to numerous festivals and events that draw thousands of visitors every year.
Home to the Delta Blues Museum, the Juke Joint Festival, and the Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival, Clarksdale has begun to reinvent itself following years of declining population as industry moved to larger cities and mechanization displaced thousands of farm workers over the previous generations.

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2015/05/littl...or-rb-music-hall-of-fame/#iUF3WSpI955slxMZ.99

But this 2nd induction ceremony in Detroit in October 2015 also comes up on their web site:

11182208_10152792873043062_2514647746394601461_n.jpg

http://rhythmandblueshof.com/2015/05/06/2015-induction-ceremony-and-concert-detroit/

So I'm confused. :(

The first one must be fake or something?
Humanitarian Award to Joe Jackson

Joe and humanitarian in the same sentence:bugeyed

There goes any credibilty these inductions have. deary me. next!!

The first one must be fake or something?
Humanitarian Award to Joe Jackson

Joe and humanitarian in the same sentence:bugeyed

What an incredible leap of logic! I wonder what their thinking was here?

Can someone list Joe's humanitarian contributions?
I tried to ask them on Facebook if this was really for Michael but I never got an answer. Last year they gave him a legend award but the ceremony implied it was for Michael, not him.

Back