Rabbi Boteach's new book, Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children.

di12

Proud Member
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in conversation with Michael Jackson.
Has anyone read it? I don't know what to think about it. Is it again a book about Michael?

51L4sbjL39L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Honoring-Chil...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294088083&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Last edited:
is that the one that was released ages ago or a new one. if its from ages ago i found it pretty boring and thats coming from an mj fan

Looks like this is a new book,:mellow: because another one was called "The Michael Jackson Tapes". I do not like tha idea that Rabbi found his way how to make cash from Michael, but I think I will buy it cos it sounds like a positive book.

Last edited:
Amazing, how this guy proclaimed Michael a 'failure' (I remember that interview), yet apparently he considers him 'inspiration' enough for another book? Which one is it?

I refused the MJ Tapes and haven't read (not even for free) it, I'll skip that one.

Didn't Boteach put Michael on blast for 'his actions', particularly in connection with children? And now MJ is good enough once more?

I'm all for forgiveness, but some things to be done will remain really, really BAD TASTE and tactless.

Particularly hypocrites that blasted the man while he was alive and shortly after his death invoke some pretty low thoughts in me that I am not proud of.

Who's next in line? Gloria Allred singing praises of Michael as a father? I remember Thomas Mesereau saying loud and clear that certain people praising Michael now couldn't be caught dead testifying for Michael when he needed them.

Hating them is pointless, but I sure as heck am not financially supporting those who blasted him publicly.

Last edited:
I do not like tha idea that Rabbi found his way how to make cash from Michael, but I think I will buy it.
:doh: well u can hardly complain when u are feeding him

I do not care really about Rabbi, but I want to know Michael's words about children.It is very important to me.
Rabbi and Michael agreed that Rabbi will write a book about MJ based on those tapes. Michael knew that he was taping him. But after their friendship broke up in 2002, this project have never seen a light again because of the obvious reasons including Rabbi stealing 100000 $ from HTW fundation.
Well, Rabbi claimed, that all money made from "The Michael Jackson Tapes" will be donated. I would not put that much trust on Rabbi Shmuley but I gave him a chance and I have his book.
This Rabbi has no respect in my eyes but I alwas wish to give ppl a chance if they claim that they will do this and that..... , especially that one who is so close with religion.

Actually his book was not a bad book at all. I think this rabbi is leraning to be better from Michael Jackson too, if he gave such spiritual title to this book.
I do not know... I will buy it.. Whatever Rabbi will do with that money, I want to give him a chance.
Rabbi thinks that he is a very spiritual and he believes in God. If Rabbi lies about his donation, then he shoud know that God will take care of him one day LOL

Last edited:
I refused the MJ Tapes and haven't read (not even for free) it, I'll skip that one.

MJ Tapes is really worth reading (free fan version without comments from Boteach). It's Michael's words and it's good to know what he thought about certain things. :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but on MJ Tapes, Boatech wrote MJ all those conversations they had and part of them wrote in his previous book, were because Michael wanted to write with him actual book about children, their innocence, how precious and important for the world they are? And I am pretty sure he (Shmuley) was talking last year sth about publishing 2nd part of MJ Tapes. So maybe this is what he was talking about.
Well, I have my opinion about Shmuley. And it's not good opinion. So, whatever.

MJ Tapes is really worth reading (free fan version without comments from Boteach). It's Michael's words and it's good to know what he thought about certain things. :)

Thank you, yes, I have that download here somewhere on my computer but I just couldn't have get myself to read it. Partially because the feeling of betrayal toward Michael weighs so grand, that I just haven't been able to.

And I'm not squeamish, reading the coroner's report.

Frequenting this board, I think I already read a lot of quotes throughout many threads.

I also approach this from this way: If I were to meet Michael personally, I would feel that I acquired information about him that I had no business knowing. I simply put myself in his shoes- I simply imagine that Michael would know certain things about me- and that he would have gained that knowledge through a friend that betrayed me. That thought alone makes me highly uncomfortable.

I do know that Michael dictated his own thought in better days- but given the grand scale betrayal even after Michael's death by Boteach- I don't consider Boteach worthy of the privilege of telling the world about Michael.

Michael's actions toward children speak their own language to me- his love and unconditional understanding of children was so immense that he refused to acknowledge the evil in some around him who would turn Michael's gestures of love and understanding into something degenerated.

Unfortunately Boteach has been of the many voices that blasted Michael when he should have been the one to understand. So I consider Boteach the wrong advocate- and my personal curiosity will have to take a back seat.

There are only a few names whom I refuse to read/support: Bob Jones, Halperin, Taraborelli, Boteach, Jaques Peretti.

I don't boycott very easily, but something about Boteach makes me stay far, far away- even if that means missing out on a few extra direct words by Michael.
This impulse also does not stem from some kind of "taking a side" type 'proving loyalty' because I typically am not very receptive to that. (also not stemming from any need to build myself an image of the infallible Saint MJ)

It's just a bad vibe I am getting- by someone who preaches spirituality and good will, yet who continuously bears false witness toward Michael Jackson. It's the bad vibe of hypocrisy that carries a stench I don't want to smell- even if that means I might be missing out on Michael here and there.

Heck, I'll listen to his ex-wives because (no matter the fallout) I to a certain degree I have the feeling they "got" the person they are talking about. With some people I am always left with the feeling that they had the pleasure of knowing him- but that they somehow do not understand who he is.

Last edited:
:doh: well u can hardly complain when u are feeding him

Well, fans are buying "new" SONY album during ongoing investigations feeding a monster with multi million dollars profit, making money from a dead man, a company Michael had huge problems with till the rest of his life, and these fans feel pretty much comfortable with this.
Do not forget how many fans and how many times some fans went to watch TII, a movie which was made by AEG from taping a dying artist. AEG made good profits from a dead man that time.

I give my money for a factual material at least when Michael was alive and felt much more better. Plus, I hope Shmuley will do or did his donation as he promised. If he lied, it is his problem not mine. He is the one who teaches religion and high values as he claims, not me.

Michael knew that rabbi was taping him and Michael wanted his words out and be a part of the book. This is not something he wanted to hide and keep private. So, from a matter of privacy, it seems to be fine.The Project did not work out because he cut Rabbi off in 2002.
Good for Mike. If it was me, I would cut this Rabbi off a long time ago.

PS. If there will be chance to download this book online, I'll better do that. Another option is to check the library.

Last edited:
I might pick up this book. I understand the reasons why fans feel negatively towards Boteach but I still enjoyed his book The Michael Jackson Tapes so much that I read it twice (the actual book including all of the Rabbi's commentary). I learned so much about what Michael was thinking at the time more than I could from any other book. And the Rabbi does have positive things to say about MJ to go along with his criticism.

This sentence is taken from a reader review of the book on Amazon:

To all of the fans who had problems with the first book, I have VERY GOOD NEWS! This book is strictly questions and answers between Boteach and Michael. No commentary whatsoever, and Boteach makes it clear that he believes in Michael's innocence of the horrible charges that were levied against him.

rabbi should change his name from boteach to bomisinformation and boexploitation

Well fan should do to this book like they did to the last one buy one copy it and make it available for the rest of us to read.
I have the fan vision of the tapes.

just saw the below part at Amazon reviews

One of the most touching comments Michael made in the book, was that the greatest joy for him would be, that one day, his children would say that he was the "best dad". He said he would cry tears of joy if that would happen.

His daughter, Paris, has said this very thing twice now- publicly- for all the world to hear. It is my prayer that he somehow knows that all the love and guidance he gave his children, and the efforts he made to be the "best dad", were fulfilled. His children are his greatest legacy.

Thank you, yes, I have that download here somewhere on my computer but I just couldn't have get myself to read it. Partially because the feeling of betrayal toward Michael weighs so grand, that I just haven't been able to.

And I'm not squeamish, reading the coroner's report.

Frequenting this board, I think I already read a lot of quotes throughout many threads.

I also approach this from this way: If I were to meet Michael personally, I would feel that I acquired information about him that I had no business knowing. I simply put myself in his shoes- I simply imagine that Michael would know certain things about me- and that he would have gained that knowledge through a friend that betrayed me. That thought alone makes me highly uncomfortable.

I do know that Michael dictated his own thought in better days- but given the grand scale betrayal even after Michael's death by Boteach- I don't consider Boteach worthy of the privilege of telling the world about Michael.

Michael's actions toward children speak their own language to me- his love and unconditional understanding of children was so immense that he refused to acknowledge the evil in some around him who would turn Michael's gestures of love and understanding into something degenerated.

Unfortunately Boteach has been of the many voices that blasted Michael when he should have been the one to understand. So I consider Boteach the wrong advocate- and my personal curiosity will have to take a back seat.

There are only a few names whom I refuse to read/support: Bob Jones, Halperin, Taraborelli, Boteach, Jaques Peretti.

I don't boycott very easily, but something about Boteach makes me stay far, far away- even if that means missing out on a few extra direct words by Michael.
This impulse also does not stem from some kind of "taking a side" type 'proving loyalty' because I typically am not very receptive to that. (also not stemming from any need to build myself an image of the infallible Saint MJ)

It's just a bad vibe I am getting- by someone who preaches spirituality and good will, yet who continuously bears false witness toward Michael Jackson. It's the bad vibe of hypocrisy that carries a stench I don't want to smell- even if that means I might be missing out on Michael here and there.

Heck, I'll listen to his ex-wives because (no matter the fallout) I to a certain degree I have the feeling they "got" the person they are talking about. With some people I am always left with the feeling that they had the pleasure of knowing him- but that they somehow do not understand who he is.

Exactly. I'd rather missing out on a few quotes than wasting my $$ on this man

Well, fans are buying "new" SONY album during ongoing investigations feeding a monster with multi million dollars profit, making money from a dead man, a company Michael had huge problems with till the rest of his life, and these fans feel pretty much comfortable with this.
Do not forget how many fans and how many times some fans went to watch TII, a movie which was made by AEG from taping a dying artist. AEG made good profits from a dead man that time.

I give my money for a factual material at least when Michael was alive and felt much more better. Plus, I hope Shmuley will do or did his donation as he promised. If he lied, it is his problem not mine. He is the one who teaches religion and high values as he claims, not me.

Michael knew that rabbi was taping him and Michael wanted his words out and be a part of the book. This is not something he wanted to hide and keep private. So, from a matter of privacy, it seems to be fine.The Project did not work out because he cut Rabbi off in 2002.
Good for Mike. If it was me, I would cut this Rabbi off a long time ago.

PS. If there will be chance to download this book online, I'll better do that. Another option is to check the library.

Except the album was put out by Michael Jackson's estate. Remember the entity he setup upon his death to make decision IN HIS PLACE for his kids' financial security??

Knowing MJ cut off the rabbi, yet you want to waste your money on his betrayal book? Great fan.

I don't need Rabbi Shmuley and his attempts to exploit Michael's legacy to know that Michael Jackson was an inspiration to all.

Except the album was put out by Michael Jackson's estate. Remember the entity he setup upon his death to make decision IN HIS PLACE for his kids' financial security??

Knowing MJ cut off the rabbi, yet you want to waste your money on his betrayal book? Great fan.

Talking to you it is like talking to the wall but anyways... .

Who is "better fan talk" is not allowed but you seem to start this again. Do you?????? Who is better we will see later when the truth about Cascios tracks will come out. Be prepared to be very dissapointed.

And, please do not tell me BS about kids security. Katherine, is their security and NOBODY else, but she does not seem to trust the estate.

So, I do not have a reason to trust them either because Michael's own mother does not trust them.
Nither I care about AEG and Sony interestests making millions of dollars from a dead man.

Rabbi's book is not wasting money because it is MJ words, a factual material word by word and this is important for people who want to learn about michael as a person.

I am not hugry about new releases like many of you. I am not a CD collector and I do not need that "piece of Michael Jackson". He gave enough when he was alive. So, I am not interested in new realeses after his death and I do not care about sales and positions on charts.
But I want to know about him as a person from his own words and this is the only opportunity I have. This is why I am interested in this book.
It is not a tabloid trash, it is a positive book.
Besides, Rabbi promised that he is going to donate all money he will gain. I did not say that I will buy it 100%, but MAYBE I will give him a chance. I like to give people a chance especially when they say so. Why not?.

Sony and AEG did not promise me that they will donate one dollar from the millions they made.
So please, next time when you will want to talk to me about Estate/Sony/AEG, come back here and read this post again, because I am not going to waste my time anymore on you. I hope it helps.

Last edited:
just saw the below part at Amazon reviews

One of the most touching comments Michael made in the book, was that the greatest joy for him would be, that one day, his children would say that he was the "best dad". He said he would cry tears of joy if that would happen.

His daughter, Paris, has said this very thing twice now- publicly- for all the world to hear. It is my prayer that he somehow knows that all the love and guidance he gave his children, and the efforts he made to be the "best dad", were fulfilled. His children are his greatest legacy.

:cry:

:wub:

Rabbi's book is not wasting money because it is MJ words, a factual material word by word and this is important for people who want to learn about michael as a person.

I want to learn about Michael as a person too and there's few better ways to do that than to read/listen to his own words.

Strange , that some people are ready to give everyone the chance to benifit from Michael's name and personal and private life ,,, and refuse to help is name and his legacy and his children.... i call it double standads and fake loyality !

they are like yes, i will give the leech money for usig MJ;s name but i will never give MJs kids a penny for his hard work in his albums and videos...hypocrasy!

I want to learn about Michael as a person too and there's few better ways to do that than to read/listen to his own words.

What can be better than MJ's own words about himself? I tired from other people's fantasies and assumptions. I like facts about MJ, not fiction. I know a lot about his humanitarian activities, some sweet stories from people but it is not enough. I know about him from his ex wives interviews, other folks interviews and this is the last source I would use to learn about a man.The best source for me so far was his own books and his own words from his interviews.

Last edited:
Ohood;3174054 said:
Strange , that some people are ready to give everyone the chance to benifit from Michael's name and personal and private life ,,, and refuse to help is name and his legacy and his children.... i call it double standads and fake loyality !

they are like yes, i will give the leech money for usig MJ;s name but i will never give MJs kids a penny for his hard work in his albums and videos...hypocrasy!

Continue to celebrate MJ legacy. TII movie already changed its reputation today from “great” to “suspicious” after Ortega was testifying in court. Yes, I did not watch TII in the theatre and I did not pay a penny for that, thanks God.
Michael's kids are not poor kids. There are many kids in this world who need my penny.

You naively think that you support MJ kids and his legacy during ongoing investigatons. No, you do not. It is quite opposite. You still do not undertsand that after MJ passing everything has changed. For Jackson's haters it absolutelly impossible to undertand where I am coming from.
You should read my post above addrested to another member, maybe finally you will get it but I doubt it.
Have you ever heard about reverse thinking? Try, it might help.

Last edited:
It's quite alright to decide for oneself what one supports and what one does not support.

It's another thing to declare everyone incompetent and naive because the other isn't 'boycotting' the same thing.

We all have our own brain to use and if you think for yourself- well, different people SHOULD arrive at different conclusions at times- especially on a board with thousands of participants.

People arrived at their own conclusions and that is fine. Forcing everyone to see the world through one's own view achieves nothing. One can explain one's own view but that does not give anyone standing to declare someone else naive.

I have no issues if other people buy this book or read it, they have their reasons and that's cool.

People rip each other's heads off over books? Imagine what humans are capable off over REALLY important issues.

So everybody has their say and their opinion and that is valid.

Pace said:
It's quite alright to decide for oneself what one supports and what one does not support.

It's another thing to declare everyone incompetent and naive because the other isn't 'boycotting' the same thing.

We all have our own brain to use and if you think for yourself- well, different people SHOULD arrive at different conclusions at times- especially on a board with thousands of participants.

People arrived at their own conclusions and that is fine. Forcing everyone to see the world through one's own view achieves nothing. One can explain one's own view but that does not give anyone standing to declare someone else naive.

I have no issues if other people buy this book or read it, they have their reasons and that's cool.

People rip each other's heads off over books? Imagine what humans are capable off over REALLY important issues.

So everybody has their say and their opinion and that is valid.

Why you are talking to me all the time? I guess you think I am not ititled for my opinion? Talk to another members who label my choice as a hypocrisy. Talk to them pls and make your good points. I am not interested because I know your points before you say something. You seem to be very sensitive to everything whatwhat I say. I told you before that I am not expecting any kind of understanding from “another side”, because I am not on THAT side and never will be.

Last edited:
Rabbi Shmuley’s second book about Michael Jackson
Discussion about the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/tag/michael%20jackson/forum/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx11O5ZOFFEMUQ4&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxYLB2YRH58HVB

Editorial Reviews:

Product Description

Honoring the Child Spirit is an inspirational, emotional, and prescriptive book that calls upon each of us to recognize and honor the openness, creativity, innocence, and awe of children—and to tap into and pay tribute to the childlike spirit that lies at the heart of us all. Adulthood, according to the late Michael Jackson, is not the be all and end all of growing up and living a worthwhile life. With society’s high expectations placed upon maturity and responsibility, we often shut down our curiosity, sense of play, and deep sensitivity. And with this shutting down, we too often fail to recognize and cherish that spirit in our own children—and the world’s children—so that they can thrive and flourish as children.
With evocative chapters on the childlike qualities most important to Michael Jackson—from Awe and Wonder, Creativity, and Gratitude to Imagination and Security—this heartfelt book gives voice to the eternity of Michael’s spirit and how he should be remembered: as someone who tried to live by these childlike qualities. Though far from perfect, it was this attempt to sustain innocence amidst the trappings of fame that became his life’s goal.

Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children

51L4sbjL39L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Honoring-Chil...1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294297519&sr=8-2-fkmr0

Not too sure how I feel about this. I know he means well, but the fact that he continues to write books chronicling Michael and his inner thoughts, makes it seem as if Money is the prime motivation.

Back