Rabbi Boteach's new book, Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children.

I got a scanned version of this book. I've just begun to read and the introduction makes me want to vomit. I am glad I decided not to buy this book.

A quote for those who think it's a positive book:

I was not a blind fan who saw no wrong in Michael. I told him endlessly that his plastic surgery was disfiguring him, that his prescription drug habit was killing him, and that his reclusive lifestyle was making his heart shrivel. He listened patiently until, after two years, he could listen no more and our relationship began to weaken.

I got a scanned version of this book. I've just begun to read and the introduction makes me want to vomit. I am glad I decided not to buy this book.

A quote for those who think it's a positive book:
I didn't read the introduction

Could you PM me a copy, JMie? I want to read what Michael has to say, but I don't want to put money in this guys pocket... :no:

Edit: NVM... link is posted on the previous page. Thank you!

I really dislike religious buffoons given status purely because of their unfounded 'beliefs' and brainwashing abilities. Steer clear of this rubbish. If I'm honest, steer clear of religion for that matter too!

Two very influential realists whom everyone should at least give a listen to:

1. Christopher Hitchens
2. Sir Richard Dawkins

'Nuff said. :)

I've now read the fan version and I thought it was actually very good. I still can't get past Shmuley's backstabbing though, which is why I'd never buy it. Also he has a link to a campaign website asking for donations to turn Friday night into family nights for everyone. That's fine, but no thanks. It also appears to be sponsored by Sony :ph34r:

There is no reason to buy this book and give money to Schmuley, I've got the PDF version. I' can pm it to whomever is interested. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK

1. Christopher Hitchens
2. Sir Richard Dawkins

I like Hitchens a lot. The Rabbi gets extra annoying while in debate with him though, he

he...

There is no reason to buy this book and give money to Schmuley, I've got the PDF version. I' can pm it to whomever is interested. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK

Cool thanks, Can u please PM me with the PDF version! :) I definitely wasn't planning on buying it! But, I did want to read it some way for free! lol

Supernag said:
I was not a blind fan who saw no wrong in Michael. I told him endlessly that his plastic surgery was disfiguring him, that his prescription drug habit was killing him, and that his reclusive lifestyle was making his heart shrivel. He listened patiently until, after two years, he could listen no more and our relationship began to weaken.

Wow, why get married and have your wife nag you endlessly, when you've got a friend like that? :bugeyed

A Rabbi who writes about 'most fulfilling an intimate sex" makes one go 0_0.

If Michael ever intended for these interviews to made public, they would have been when he was alive. Michael confided in this person like did to a psychotherapist, he opened his heart and soul to him about life's problems and the innocence that saved his life over and over. Many knew about his love of innocence and his pure feelings about children, he spoke about that in virtually every interview he did, including in the 70's, and the Rabbi acts like he did something never before read. He claims it's an educational book, which he is, cause Michael could have been a teacher anyway and his words are from the soul, but this doesn't justify the fact that they're still private convos which I still believe they are, and certainly doesn't justify him picking on his plastic surgery and all that in the same book.

He claims that to be the reasons of their parting ways. He lies. He knows all too well he was stealing funds from "Heal The Kids", then Jackson couldn't no longer be reached. And when he can no longer be reached, he's a bad person, not those who got him to distance himself from them...

Oh God, I just made the mistake to google on Boteach. I think that takes the cake in hypocrisy if there ever was a hypocrisy award.

This is somebody who writes about "Honoring the Child Spirit"- and on the other hand he's not afraid to sink low enough to write some of the most reactionary things I've read in a long time- going on a crusade against nursing human babies. I think I've read it all now.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Famil.../Moms-Dont-Forget-To-Feed-Your-Marriages.aspx

^^^:bugeyed:bugeyed

I think I live a sheltered life where I don't deal with reactionary nonsense as such but holy Cow, man, that was some reading. Makes me want to nurse my baby. :D

What a joke. Preaching about the child spirit and vilifying parents at the same time. Maybe he should check with even the most conservative pediatrician out there- and nursing an 11 months old comes kinda recommended across the world. I'll go bash my head into the wall now. Yes people, your baby needs to take a backseat so you are once more 'scintillating' enough. :hysterical::hysterical:

You gotta hand it to these people for how coolly judgemental they are about someone who is entirely in another league , when it comes to talent, intelligence and basic humanity. People who've done nothing useful for anyone, with no talent, drive, empathy, taking this "holier than thou" route while talking about someone like Michael, who is so so far and above them, whatever aspect you consider. I'm always astounded they can talkt his way after getting to know him, without blushing. He was jsut too damn nice and made them forget about who he really was. People always feel contempt for someone they can exploit.

This rabbi........I read some of his judgemental ranting in the other book. The hypocrisy is mind boggling. Let's see how well you stand up to minute scrutiny of your life jackass. Don't bite the hand that's been feeding you for the last 2 yrs, not to mention all the additional "fame" from 2001 or whenever that you got to know Michael. Ass!

twinklEE Can u please PM me again with the PDF version of the book! For some reason I got ur PM but, I didn't see a link? :(

So MJ'S name will be prominently displayed on each and every one of his books, just to hook the public. Had my fill of this man. No desire to see him, hear him, much less read him.

Yes people, your baby needs to take a backseat so you are once more 'scintillating' enough. :hysterical::hysterical:

Thanks for the link. I've just read it and ...wow.....I can't believe it.

Michael about his father. It is really sad :(

MJ: When my father used to... he had a horrible way of disciplining you. He looked at you like this and said, "Come here", and you knew what that mean. He would slap you real hard and his prints would be on your face, and he would push you shove you in front of the fans, crying with tears in your eyes. To discipline and to shame are two different things, you don't cross the line to shame. That hurt me very much and I don't know if he realizes

About fans
Q: You never had the experience as a child of being tucked in and loved, of being shown unconditional love? You didn't have that. But you have fans who showed you love, though maybe is was based on you performance, rather that your essence.

MJ: The fans know me and they know my heart. They have giant pictures of babies and big cutouts of children holding hands and they bring kids and they know I love them. And they have given me awards and things, acknowledging me as a person orher than a celebrity and how they care about issues with kids and stuff like that. Oh boy. One day people will get it. They'll understand. I think it is the way G-d us to be.

Q: In raising Prince and Paris, do you always try to encourage their curiosity?
MJ: Absolutely. I made Prince stop watching television today on the way here to look out of the window. And he looked out of the window and started naming everything. "What are they carrying in the truck?" "I think they are carring fruits and vegetables". "Why?" "Because they are probably taking it to the market. Somebody has picked it..." he was coming up with all these great questions about everything outside the window and I felt his was great. He had a lot of good questions. But he does some things which are really scary to me. he sits and watches the television and calls out every shot that that the cameraman is doing and that the director decides to do. So he sits there going, "The camera is moving up for a close-up. Now it is moving back. Now it's going..." he is naming every shot. I didn't teach him to do this. He sits there and says it out loud. he is literally putting the movie together. I think that is amazing. I don't know how he learned that, because he is interested in cameras and films.
I bought him his own camera and he makes his own movies and he directs Paris. He says, " You stand here and I want you to walk over there." I have footage of him directing. I think it is really sweet. I love it. My mother said I did that when I was little, that I was choreographing and giving all the brothers their notes and telling them how to move..

Interesting quotes. I really want to buy this book. Yes, I could download it but I don't have an e-reader and I want to take the book with me to read on the train or at lunch.

Oh God, I just made the mistake to google on Boteach. I think that takes the cake in hypocrisy if there ever was a hypocrisy award.

This is somebody who writes about "Honoring the Child Spirit"- and on the other hand he's not afraid to sink low enough to write some of the most reactionary things I've read in a long time- going on a crusade against nursing human babies. I think I've read it all now.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Famil.../Moms-Dont-Forget-To-Feed-Your-Marriages.aspx

I think I live a sheltered life where I don't deal with reactionary nonsense as such but holy Cow, man, that was some reading. Makes me want to nurse my baby. :D

What a joke. Preaching about the child spirit and vilifying parents at the same time. Maybe he should check with even the most conservative pediatrician out there- and nursing an 11 months old comes kinda recommended across the world. I'll go bash my head into the wall now. Yes people, your baby needs to take a backseat so you are once more 'scintillating' enough. :hysterical::hysterical:

wow, that's a scary link!!!

Wow, that was crazy. His attitude about breastfeeding and husbands witnessing childbirth is so immature. I feel bad for his wife.

I really dislike religious buffoons given status purely because of their unfounded 'beliefs' and brainwashing abilities. Steer clear of this rubbish. If I'm honest, steer clear of religion for that matter too!

1. Christopher Hitchens
2. Sir Richard Dawkins

'Nuff said. :)

I agree.

I have read "God delusion" by Dawkins not long ago and I've agreed with much of what he said. (Although anybody who is religious won't like what he has to say.)

But this is OT and another subject.

As for the rabbi's book. I downloaded it yesterday and I skimmed through it and I thought it was a good book overall. Yes, I have my reservations about the rabbi, but it's nice to see Michael's opinion on interesting subjects once again. And it seems the rabbi learnt from the first book because he limited his own commentary to the introduction. Otherwise it's just conversations.

The most mindblowing aspect to me is this rabbi's writing the word "God" as "G-d", and he's supposed to be this holier person or something of a grander morality. Why write this holiest word like that, shortened, like it's almost offensive for him to write it in full, when there are only 3 letters, he did the same in his first book. That's crazy, no matter what his explanations may be for this. And again, if Jackson ever intended to have these conversations released, they would have been while he was alive. Say, that plan dropped when their friendship soured (because of the stealing rabbi), how come this rabbi didn't release these interviews, again, when Jackson was alive?.... That's right, for he wouldn't have authorized them to be released. The first book of interviews is compiled of some quite private topics that one would only say to a friend, a family member, or a psychotherapist or a minister: it's call confession. I doubt Jackson ever wanted people to know how he really felt about his first wife in depth, his sisters-in-law, Madonna and all that.

And about children, it should be/have been common knowledge what he felt about them and how this sweet godlike innocence saved his soul every time. That was all clear, for Jackson himself stated all that in virtually every interview he did with the press. So, Rabbi dear, you're once again lying, for you would have released all this when he was alive, but now, since he's dead, you can freely make more money off of him, for he isn't there to sue you.

And again, his writing the word God like that is utterly weird. ....

The most mindblowing aspect to me is this rabbi's writing the word "God" as "G-d", and he's supposed to be this holier person or something of a grander morality. Why write this holiest word like that, shortened, like it's almost offensive for him to write it in full, when there are only 3 letters, he did the same in his first book. That's crazy, no matter what his explanations may be for this. And again, if Jackson ever intended to have these conversations released, they would have been while he was alive. Say, that plan dropped when their friendship soured (because of the stealing rabbi), how come this rabbi didn't release these interviews, again, when Jackson was alive?.... That's right, for he wouldn't have authorized them to be released. The first book of interviews is compiled of some quite private topics that one would only say to a friend, a family member, or a psychotherapist or a minister: it's call confession. I doubt Jackson ever wanted people to know how he really felt about his first wife in depth, his sisters-in-law, Madonna and all that.

And about children, it should be/have been common knowledge what he felt about them and how this sweet godlike innocence saved his soul every time. That was all clear, for Jackson himself stated all that in virtually every interview he did with the press. So, Rabbi dear, you're once again lying, for you would have released all this when he was alive, but now, since he's dead, you can freely make more money off of him, for he isn't there to sue you.

Jews are not allowed to say God's name or even the word "God" - that's why.

my friends who are Jewish write this word the same way, because Jews are not allowed to say this word, and by writing it like that they kind of avoid naming God "God".

Wow.. so they're Not allowed to use God's name, how is that, are they embarrassed by it?.. 0_0 How Can they call Him?.

But, whatever, don't wanna start any debates on this, it's getting tedious..... I too have / had some Jewish friends, and I respect them too much to be expanding this topic. It's about being taught a certain way, at the end of the day, so yeah. ..

Last edited:
Wow.. so they're Not allowed to use God's name, how is that, are they embarrassed by it?.. 0_0 How Can they call Him?.

But, whatever, don't wanna start any debates on this, it's getting tedious..... I too have / had some Jewish friends, and I respect them too much to be expanding this topic. It's about being taught a certain way, at the end of the day, so yeah. ..

you couldn't be more wrong. they are not allowed to say the God's name in vain. they say it only in prayer, and they believe that the name is so holy that to say it in regular conversations would be insulting to God.

Yes, this book is containing more 'interviews' with Michael without commentary. Only Q & A

You can download the book here
http://www.mediafire.com/?rt393315br3rhcc
thankyou for the download link,
what type of software do i need to read this please,because my adobe reader don,t work with it,is there a free software i can download because i am abit strapped for money at the moment.many thanks,

Last edited:
thankyou for the download link,
what type of software do i need to read this please,because my adobe reader don,t work with it,is there a free software i can download because i am abit strapped for money at the moment.many thanks,

One file - pdf I can open with foxit reader (free software). The other it's Word2007 file. I guess in the Internet you can find free to download word-reader or so. Also the latest open office 3 (which is free to download) supports this format.

Thank you for the link

my friends who are Jewish write this word the same way, because Jews are not allowed to say this word, and by writing it like that they kind of avoid naming God "God".

they are not allowed to say the God's name in vain. they say it only in prayer, and they believe that the name is so holy that to say it in regular conversations would be insulting to God.
That's interesting to know. I never knew this before. Thanks.

--
di12, thanks for the link.

Has anyone got a link for a free version of the first book, the michael jackson tapes? I am definitely not going to put money in his pocket.

Back