Rabbi Boteach's new book, Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children.

^thanks for the link, I haven't been on that site in years, the last time I went on there it just had aload of video clips, I didn't know it had expanded like that. I will have to take some time to read it.

One file - pdf I can open with foxit reader (free software). The other it's Word2007 file. I guess in the Internet you can find free to download word-reader or so. Also the latest open office 3 (which is free to download) supports this format.

Thank you for the link
thankyou for giving me this information ,i will try downloading one of them.:)

As much as I loved reading MJs words in Schmuly's first book, I was disgusted with the Rabbi for all the reasons stated on this thread. But after seeing some surprisingly positive posts, I read some reviews at Amazon. Most are like this one:

I read the Rabbi's first book, "The Michael Jackson Tapes" and was very upset by the sanctimonius commentary and self-promoting that Rabbi Boteach displayed, and I wrote and told him so. I did love, however, reading Michael's thoughts and feelings about so many various topics. I only wish Boteach would release edited tapes so that we could hear Michael's own voice. Vocal inflections are critically important to understanding the meaning behind the words.

I'm sure Michael would have wanted to be part of the editorial process before the first book was published, and that some things that that Boteach included, would have removed from the final product. I don't think Michael would have one complaint about what is in, "Honoring the Child Spirit". It is simply wonderful.

I do know that his good friend, Frank Cascio and Michael's children, were present during the interviews; therefore, the dialogue between them were not private, one-on-one conversations between Michael and his spiritual advisor, as many have said.

To all of the fans who had problems with the first book, I have VERY GOOD NEWS! This book is strictly questions and answers between Boteach and Michael. No commentary whatsoever, and Boteach makes it clear that he believes in Michael's innocence of the horrible charges that were levied against him.

And this one:
I felt I just had to speak out. It is a shame that some of Michael's fans will try to encourage people not to read this book, just because of Rabbi Shmuley. They are carelessly throwing away Michael's beautiful thoughts and words because of a hating spirit- something which Michael tried to avoid at all costs.

This book has the potential to do so much for the vindication of Michael's legacy. It is just a shame, as they are merely cheating themselves of the opportunity to understand Michael through his own words, and trying to get others to do the same.

So I ordered the book.

Amazing, how this guy proclaimed Michael a 'failure' (I remember that interview), yet apparently he considers him 'inspiration' enough for another book? Which one is it?

I refused the MJ Tapes and haven't read (not even for free) it, I'll skip that one.

Didn't Boteach put Michael on blast for 'his actions', particularly in connection with children? And now MJ is good enough once more?

I'm all for forgiveness, but some things to be done will remain really, really BAD TASTE and tactless.

Particularly hypocrites that blasted the man while he was alive and shortly after his death invoke some pretty low thoughts in me that I am not proud of.

Who's next in line? Gloria Allred singing praises of Michael as a father? I remember Thomas Mesereau saying loud and clear that certain people praising Michael now couldn't be caught dead testifying for Michael when he needed them.

Hating them is pointless, but I sure as heck am not financially supporting those who blasted him publicly.

I understand how you feel about the Rabbi, but provocative bits of information can be found in strange places.

From The Michael Jackson Tapes by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, page 63

MJ: Marilyn Monroe died young. You didn't get to see her grow old and ugly. I mean, that's the mystery of James Dean
SB: And people say? about the Beatles "I wish they were together". And you, the fan become part of the wish. The public keeps them going because they so badly want them back together.
MJ: Absolutely, or else they'd be funky and old now and you wouldn't care.
SB: So that's an argument, Michael, for you to say one day "That's it" and quit?
MJ: Yeah, I would like some kind of way to disappear where people don't see me anymore at some point, and just do my things for children, but not be visable. To disappear is very important...

Both of those books of interviews would have been released when Jackson was alive, but Boteach knew too well he couldn't, especially the first one, for those were private conversations altogether. Say the second book is wonderful, yeah, that's who Michael was, and most of the things he says there he's been saying all along in various interviews.

But the first book was just so filled with confessions the public at large shouldn't have been privy to. Really, it's broad as daylight they were private and that Jackson would not have wanted them publicized, but that's how his 'friends' worked. ..

Please, devote such 'provocative' bits of (death hoax) information to the Theory or Vision thread and/or the Conspiracy death hoax subforum, that's not yet another thread for it to try to convince its viewers of Michael faking his death.

So who is or has read this book? I am in the middle of it. I almost ordered it as an e-book to read on my smart phone but I was too cheap to cough up the bucks so I just downloaded the fan made pdf file from this thread to my phone and I'm reading it that way. I would have bought the book at the bookstore but I really hate looking for specific books, not finding them on the shelves myself and then having to resort to asking for help. It's just so stressful.:D

Anyway, Michael's words are so fascinating. The way he thought you just wish everyone would think that way. Some things I can relate to and other things I cannot. For instance, he said he hates the city. He is more in tune with being in nature. But I'm a city girl. I've lived in the city all my life. So being in nature is foreign to me. But I get what he's saying.

There's a section where he talks about gratitude and how he has always expressed gratitude towards people who helped him along the way, whether they knew they helped him or not. Schmuley asks him if there are people Michael has helped along the way who show him the same gratitude and he replies not like they should. Some do, some don't. Schmuley asks if that hurts him and he says yes but whatever (can't recall the actual words but that's the gist - it's a little sad).

So, which of Michael's words have touched you the most?

I bought a used copy of the book, because I do want to hear what Michael said but I don't want to give even a penny to Schmuley. But for some reason I haven't been able to bring myself to read it, not even a word. I think I am still just so digusted with Rabbi Schmuley that it feels like he poisoned the whole effort. I just can't imagine how he could spend that much time with Michael and still be so ignorant about the kind of intellect and artistry that Michael was displaying. How could this happen???? I will read it, but for some reason I'm just not ready. Schmuley turns my stomach.

That is understandable. I find myself questioning how Shmuley could publish these very personal words of Michael's without offering proof that Michael really wanted them published someday. Give us some proof because we only have his word. Even if Michael did intend to have these conversations published someday I'm sure he would have wanted a hand in editing, etc. Then there are all the other suspicions and questions we have (the charity, etc). I am aware of all that.

But I put all these doubts and questions aside because I want to know about Michael beyond the entertainer and beyond the surface, especially now that he is gone. And in reading Michael's sentences in this book I get small glimpses into why he was the way he was.

I'm not sure if this is old news. I wasn't aware of it before. But there is a part in the book where Michael says that around the Thriller years (I think he sites the Grammy Awards as an example) he would speak in a higher voice because he didn't want to grow up. He wanted to remain as a child. That's really kind of sad.

And then the final words by Michael in the book just really got to me. Was anyone else here touched by those words as well? It wasn't really based on any new information. It was just the words Michael used to express his feelings about what he lacked in his childhood that touched me. Michael's message is so true. And it's a message that comes through loud and clear in this book. Children should be shown love and affection by their parents.

Michael was discussing how much he wanted to setup an official "World Children's Day". He said he would have loved to have that as a child and to have one day when his father spent time with him and did fun things with him. He said he only had one good memory of his father as a child - when his father picked him up and put him on a pony. The rabbi asked him if he replays that memory a lot in his head and MJ says, "That's all I have. I can't think of any other time. No games, no fun. Nothing." And with these words the book ends. Those words just broke my heart.

Last edited:
Michael was discussing how much he wanted to setup an official "World Children's Day".
Here in Brazil we have Children's Day which is celebrated on October 12. Michael would love. :wub:

He said he would have loved to have that as a child and to have one day when his father spent time with him and did fun things with him. He said he only had one good memory of his father as a child - when his father picked him up and put him on a pony. The rabbi asked him if he replays that memory a lot in his head and MJ says, "That's all I have. I can't think of any other time. No games, no fun. Nothing." And with these words the book ends. Those words just broke my heart.

Oh Michael... :cry: > :better: :hug:

*big sigh*

I have not started reading the book, but I'm very anxious. Well, I'm sure I'll cry with the things said by Michael.

Michael was discussing how much he wanted to setup an official "World Children's Day". He said he would have loved to have that as a child and to have one day when his father spent time with him and did fun things with him. He said he only had one good memory of his father as a child - when his father picked him up and put him on a pony. The rabbi asked him if he replays that memory a lot in his head and MJ says, "That's all I have. I can't think of any other time. No games, no fun. Nothing." And with these words the book ends. Those words just broke my heart.[/QUOTE]

This quote by Mike succinctly sums up his sentiment about his father:

"My father was a management genius. But what I really wanted was a dad."

Really, really sad.

Regarding The Michael Jackson Tapes, I haven't read it because I feel as though it's not my place to read these private musings. This horrible Rabbi Boteach betrayed Michael for nothing but money, and thus I want no part of it.

Regarding Honouring the Child Spirit, I suggest he re-names it, "Honouring the Backstabber Spirit," because he does that very well. He's got all the ethos (credibility) he could ever ask for in that field.

Like I'm honestly going to believe in the words of a greasy, shady guy like him. I think we'd be better served reading a book by children. It'd be a lot more honest, and it wouldn't reek of ulterior motives.

Back