RACISM - what does GOD say about it??

^ that + the following

^ ridiculous and petty distraction effort by anti-evolution, anti-knowledge, anti-progressionists who'd try anything in order to curb infallible scientific theories that they see unfit to suit their backward beliefs.

Darwin was an abolitionist whose scientific work refuted the commonly held racist beliefs of his time. without his work, evolution couldn't have overturned the widely held belief in the divine superiority of the "white race".

=
icon14.gif
great points

and what a brilliant moment of embarassment in US history that was.

in that particular case, Darwin's brilliance would have suggested a common ancestry between black and white - breaking the KKK's notion of God-given supremacy to whites. of course, the Scopes trial was all about the KKK influence.

That case brought out racism into the open. It also was the first case of it's kind against creationism....it hit so many levels at the same time.

Hey, L.J., It doesn't matter what Buddah or Santa Claus thinks on the matter because they didn't create the human race. It doesn't matter whether you BELIEVE in God or not, He is right anyhow. Even if you just look at it from a moral point of view rather than a religious point of view, it is going to be right anyhow. :yes:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

I skipped through the second half of the second page, cause I was getting bored, lol. I'm just lazy. But eventually the world will be a better place...

Because everyone will be mixed race... Like me! :D lol

I skipped through the second half of the second page, cause I was getting bored, lol. I'm just lazy. But eventually the world will be a better place...

Because everyone will be mixed race... Like me! :D lol
But everyone IS mixed race. I watched a programme about a year ago where some british racist had their dna tested. They were so sure that they were blue blooded british and were in for a rude awakening when their dna was traced back to so many different race and cultures. Nobody in the world is full blooded anything. Most blacks in the west can directly trace ancesters in so many other cultures, same must be true of white people in the
west.l

Last edited:
But everyone IS mixed race. I qarched a programme about a year ago where some british racist had their dna tested. They were so sure that they were blue blooded british and were in for a rude awakening when their dna was traced back to so many different race and cultures. Nobody in the word is full blooded anything. Most blacks in the west can directly trace ancesters in so many other cultures, same must be true of white people in th ewest.l

Thats my point Dats. Why oh why do we have White Supremacist groups, if this is true??

This is such a great thread :) Thanks for creating it, Linda!

I have also asked myself this question several times...how religious people can be racists :no: It really didn't fit with the idea of "equality between humans" and their behaviour. But after talking to some peeps, I got a really awkward sensation that kinda blew me away :mello: .... that some actually don't consider other races as "humans", or at least not the "humans" that God created :huh:
As shocking as this may sound, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard formulations such as: "Humans and Blacks", or "Asians are like this, humans are like that" :glare: It disgusts me beyond limits, but it seems there are people as thick-headed as this >.<

So it appears that in their minds, they aren't doing anything wrong.....cause us whites are "the supreme race", "God's race", after all :rolleyes:

Another thing I have enountered (among family members as well) is this: the idea of having nothing against any race at all, but of being against inter-racial relationships. My mother is like that and I'm always scolding her for being a racist, but sometimes I wonder if I'm right. Cause she really doesn't say anything bad about anyone, she even gets upset when she sees people of different races being treated unfairly. So I can't say she hates anyone......but when it comes to seeing people of different races involved in a relationship, she claims she doesn't understand how they're not disgusted with each other :huh:
I'm really having trouble understanding this type of thinking, it doesn't make any sense at all to me :banghead The way I see it, a relationship involves love, attraction and understanding....I fail to see where race fits in all this. (knowing how I feel about this subject, you can imagine she's scared as hell I might marry someone who isn't white :lol: )

And I agree with what some have already mentioned before: racism doesn't really have anything to do with God, it's about common sense and respect. Frankly, most people I know to be anti-prejudices are atheists.....and that's because they accept the world as it is, without dividing it into "normal" and "abnormal" categories.

As far as I'm concerned, blaming things on someone's ethnicity is nothing but a perfect way of proving your lack of brains and complete ignorance. Everything has a reason in this world, but nothing happens cause you bear a certain colour. (leaving out situations where you get beat up/killed/framed etc. by racists)

Great points Linda, loved them :) (wish I could give you more rep, but I have to spread some first :lol: ) Could you give us the source to those 10 points you posted earlier? :) Pretty please *puppy eyes* ^_^ :lol:

But everyone IS mixed race. I watched a programme about a year ago where some british racist had their dna tested. They were so sure that they were blue blooded british and were in for a rude awakening when their dna was traced back to so many different race and cultures. Nobody in the world is full blooded anything. Most blacks in the west can directly trace ancesters in so many other cultures, same must be true of white people in the
west.l

I meant to the point that there is no black or white.

This is such a great thread :) Thanks for creating it, Linda!

I have also asked myself this question several times...how religious people can be racists :no: It really didn't fit with the idea of "equality between humans" and their behaviour. But after talking to some peeps, I got a really awkward sensation that kinda blew me away :mello: .... that some actually don't consider other races as "humans", or at least not the "humans" that God created :huh:
As shocking as this may sound, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard formulations such as: "Humans and Blacks", or "Asians are like this, humans are like that" :glare: It disgusts me beyond limits, but it seems there are people as thick-headed as this >.<

So it appears that in their minds, they aren't doing anything wrong.....cause us whites are "the supreme race", "God's race", after all :rolleyes:

Another thing I have enountered (among family members as well) is this: the idea of having nothing against any race at all, but of being against inter-racial relationships. My mother is like that and I'm always scolding her for being a racist, but sometimes I wonder if I'm right. Cause she really doesn't say anything bad about anyone, she even gets upset when she sees people of different races being treated unfairly. So I can't say she hates anyone......but when it comes to seeing people of different races involved in a relationship, she claims she doesn't understand how they're not disgusted with each other :huh:
I'm really having trouble understanding this type of thinking, it doesn't make any sense at all to me :banghead The way I see it, a relationship involves love, attraction and understanding....I fail to see where race fits in all this. (knowing how I feel about this subject, you can imagine she's scared as hell I might marry someone who isn't white :lol: )

And I agree with what some have already mentioned before: racism doesn't really have anything to do with God, it's about common sense and respect. Frankly, most people I know to be anti-prejudices are atheists.....and that's because they accept the world as it is, without dividing it into "normal" and "abnormal" categories.

As far as I'm concerned, blaming things on someone's ethnicity is nothing but a perfect way of proving your lack of brains and complete ignorance. Everything has a reason in this world, but nothing happens cause you bear a certain colour. (leaving out situations where you get beat up/killed/framed etc. by racists)

Great points Linda, loved them :) (wish I could give you more rep, but I have to spread some first :lol: ) Could you give us the source to those 10 points you posted earlier? :) Pretty please *puppy eyes* ^_^ :lol:

Hi! I quoted the source in the first post - http://www.gotquestions.org/racism-Bible.html.

I just agree totally with this. Racism just goes against EVERYTHING Jesus taught us. He taught us to love one another....not hate. He taught us to "do unto others"....do you think the people who LYNCHED others would have wanted to be LYNCHED? Racism just doesn't go together with God. It goes completely against all that God was trying to tell us all of these years...yet others still practice it. Sarah Palin being a PRIME example of this. Here she is, a God-fearing supposed "Christian", whipping crowds into a frenzy with such RACIAL HATRED. It alarms and dismays me. She is a HYPOCRIT.

^ I think she's refering to the "10 things" that I posted :) ... there's too many Linda's on here :lol:

TEN THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT RACE

Our eyes tell us that people look different. No one has trouble distinguishing a Czech from a Chinese. But what do those differences mean? Are they biological? Has race always been with us? How does race affect people today?

There's less - and more - to race than meets the eye:

1. Race is a modern idea. Ancient societies, like the Greeks, did not divide people according to physical distinctions, but according to religion, status, class, even language. The English language didn't even have the word 'race' until it turns up in 1508 in a poem by William Dunbar referring to a line of kings.

2. Race has no genetic basis. Not one characteristic, trait or even gene distinguishes all the members of one so-called race from all the members of another so-called race.

3. Human subspecies don't exist. Unlike many animals, modern humans simply haven't been around long enough or isolated enough to evolve into separate subspecies or races. Despite surface appearances, we are one of the most similar of all species.

4. Skin color really is only skin deep. Most traits are inherited independently from one another. The genes influencing skin color have nothing to do with the genes influencing hair form, eye shape, blood type, musical talent, athletic ability or forms of intelligence. Knowing someone's skin color doesn't necessarily tell you anything else about him or her.

5. Most variation is within, not between, "races."
Of the small amount of total human variation, 85% exists within any local population, be they Italians, Kurds, Koreans or Cherokees. About 94% can be found within any continent. That means two random Koreans may be as genetically different as a Korean and an Italian.

6. Slavery predates race.
Throughout much of human history, societies have enslaved others, often as a result of conquest or war, even debt, but not because of physical characteristics or a belief in natural inferiority. Due to a unique set of historical circumstances, ours was the first slave system where all the slaves shared similar physical characteristics.

7. Race and freedom evolved together. The U.S. was founded on the radical new principle that "All men are created equal." But our early economy was based largely on slavery. How could this anomaly be rationalized? The new idea of race helped explain why some people could be denied the rights and freedoms that others took for granted.

8. Race justified social inequalities as natural. As the race idea evolved, white superiority became "common sense" in America. It justified not only slavery but also the extermination of Indians, exclusion of Asian immigrants, and the taking of Mexican lands by a nation that professed a belief in democracy. Racial practices were institutionalized within American government, laws, and society.

9. Race isn't biological, but racism is still real. Race is a powerful social idea that gives people different access to opportunities and resources. Our government and social institutions have created advantages that disproportionately channel wealth, power, and resources to white people. This affects everyone, whether we are aware of it or not.

10. Colorblindness will not end racism. Pretending race doesn't exist is not the same as creating equality. Race is more than stereotypes and individual prejudice. To combat racism, we need to identify and remedy social policies and institutional practices that advantage some groups at the expense of others.

:cheers:

The source is here: http://www.newsreel.org/guides/race/10things.htm

:punk:

Yepp, I was referring to the L.J. "Linda" :lol: Sorry, only now I realised I had called you both by the same name :rofl: (since I rarely call L.J. "Linda" :p )

Both of you - thanks! :) :D :cheers:

well...the bible has been 'quoted' many different ways, to the point of me not being willing to come up with my version. so..i'll just say, that despite being oppressed by PEOPLE in my life, for being black..i've been kept alive by God. so..to me, that's what He says about racism.

i think racism is a people thing. not a God thing.

Back