Rare Pictures Thread

I hope nobody got hurt if Michael was driving.

2utp7xs.jpg

He was known to be a terrible driver ;)
LOL. Not according to his driving instructor, though. I know he hated freeways (as I do, started having anxiety attacks on them and had to totally stop driving on them). But he makes it sound like Michael was an excellent driver and did it just like he did everything else-studied it hard. Absolute perfectionist.

Makes you wonder what is really true. :) I love to hear him talking about it, though. I could listen for hours.

^That was interesting to hear and endearing due to Michael's acts of kindness but I've heard/read more stories about him not being a very good driver than the contrary, it was a first time. So who knows what's the truth.

Here's another one by William van Valin (Dr. Barney) from his book Private Conversations in Neverland.

11750653_1042933445740169_4896744815102432147_n.png

And a rare pic to me. Very lucky kiddos! :sigh:

wjf9rn.jpg

99% percent of the stories about MJ as a driver are not to flattering. I think he was a horrible driver and the instructor is just being nice. LOL.

99% percent of the stories about MJ as a driver are not to flattering. I think he was a horrible driver and the instructor is just being nice. LOL.

Agreed. Plus, I'm sure Michael was a good student of driving, but only til he passed the the exam. Somewhere, I think Katherine mentioned that they had the same bad habit of tailgating?! If that's the case we would have definitely exchanged phone numbers as I check brakes for tailgaters :)

Always had a thing for seeing him behind the wheel..

BadEra131.jpg

gallery_8_993_8154.jpg

QkbkgUy.jpg

He doesn't seem to drive in that chin-to-wheel grandma style like van Valin said tho, look how far back that seat is ;) (his hair btw!:eek:)

gallery_21754_916_44584.jpg

little story by Mickey Free:
So I had dinner with Michael , Diana, and Gene [Simmons, Diana's boyfriend then]. I was freaking out because I always wanted to meet Michael, and he was so nice. So it came time for me to go home. Diana's car had brought me there, and she said, 'Okay, I'll call the driver to come and get you.' Michael very softly said, 'Oh, that's okay, I'll take Mickey home.' Diana and Gene were astonished. "Are you sure you want to do this, Michael?" Diana asked, concerned. "I mean, are you sure you can handle it? Driving him home and all?" "Yeah, I can do it, Diane," Michael said confidently.
Mickey got into Michael's Silver Shadow Rolls-Royce, and the two drove off into the night. "This was really a big deal for him," Mickey said. "Driving me home and all." Fifteen minutes later, they arrived at Mickey's apartment, but Michael drove around the block a few times before he finally confessed, "You know what? I can drive this thing, but I don't know how to parallel park it. Can you park this for me?" "Heck, yeah, I can," Mickey replied. "I rode around the block ten times trying to find a parking place so people could see me driving Michael Jackson around in this fabulous car," Mickey Free recalled. "Michael was nice. We went up to my apartment, looked at pictures. He stayed about fifteen minutes, and I walked him back to his car. He drove off. Didn't crash into anybody or anything."
It's funny how most people say he wasn't a good driver, and I doubt he was, but then they all say something completely different! :D

ETA: maybe that's why he loved bumper cars so much :laugh:
tumblr_lo44h37Sd01qcqc9mo1_540.jpg

he really is the cutest thing in the world

Last edited:
^^How adorable!!! Goofy not only in the AMA jacket but with a Jheri curl!! Haha. Too funny.

I love all these rare pictures. :)

I dare to say Latoya was the prettiest Jackson sister back in the day, even more than Janet IMO and Michael the handsomest of all the brothers. He has interesting pictures almost all the time. :lol:

tumblr_nt5fk7WIxN1rxfhcfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nt589aRz0i1rxfhcfo1_1280.jpg

Such a sad occasion but he looks stunning.. Don't know if it's that rare, but I never saw it before!
tumblr_nt6xhqDZ1k1ryeywxo1_1280.jpg

^I had to Google her because I had never heard of Rita. She's an Italian singer, lucky her because Michael looks absolutely breathtaking in that picture. :swoon:

You know just when you see a photo and don't think he can get any more beautiful, up pops another one. Or two, or three..Sheesh!

Back