Ready to Come Back

J5master

Proud Member
Hi everyone!
It's been ages, and I'm not sure if anyone here still remembers me - but its Yolanda (aka J5master). I've been with MJJC for years, I forgot even how long - sometime way before Invincible came out at least. I was always obsessed with making folks laugh (rants about MJ ebonics, how hot smokin hot he was lol - GOLD PANTS) and good intense debates about musicality and all kinds of stuff. I remember the back and forth arguments in this place, some more intense than others but they were usually fun lol

Back then, I was like a teen. I was there throughout the trial but then had to take a serious break from the community after that, just for my sanity. Got wrapped up in other online hobbies (like forum role playing instead of fan fiction writing, and its still a major hobby of mine) - and of course college. Then when Michael passed...I think I just shut down. I was here for a bit at around 2011, but I wasn't ready then. I hadn't dealt with it. I came back trying to be positive but I wasn't positive at all inside and eventually I just dropped off the face of the earth again.

So just recently, I came to an epiphany that I decided to vent about in a blog entry (check it out if you're curious about what happened to me these past couple of years). But very loooooong story short, I think I'm back to stay! I'm in a really good place and I can't wait to jump back into the MJ fan community.

For those who remember, I'm a Dangerous Era girl - but I love every album obviously. Fav video is Remember the Time and Ghosts (i guess that counts as a video and not a movie? lol). Don't ask me about a favorite song cuz I can't pick. lol

Shamon!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a new member and it's glad to see someone from when I was a baby come back to the forums. I was maybe 1 when Invincible came out. I'm a new member, I'm a Off The Wall era guy. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and enjoy the new community that is here. These people are pretty cool, and I've found my niche for now.

Hi, I'm a new member and it's glad to see someone from when I was a baby come back to the forums. I was maybe 1 when Invincible came out. I'm a new member, I'm a Off The Wall era guy. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and enjoy the new community that is here. These people are pretty cool, and I've found my niche for now.

Lol, when I read that you were one year old when Invincible came out, I feel really old.
That aside, welcome, and welcome back to the forum, guys!

Oh my, I'm so very old. :laugh: Just eleven years younger than Mike.

Anyway...:hello: Yolanda! I'm dewey from Florida. I too, cannot pick a favorite Michael tune. And, Mike and I have had a smokin' hot love affair since forever now, but he never knew anything about it. :lol:

Welcome back to MJJC.

Hahaha Thanks guys for the warm welcome back! And I feel old too, don't worry. Especially meeting new fans who were born close to when Invincible came out. And its so funny because I remember that era like it was yesterday. From MJ dancing with Nsync to all the leaked tracks (especially You Rock My World, omg when that came out online it was chaos lol).

haha I've been a huge fan my whole life and while I wasn't really involved in online communities until a few years after Invincible, I remember the era as well. Very vivid memories!

Glad you're back. I joined MJJC long time ago but only just started posting and participating this month - had too many other things going on and I was involved with other MJ groups at the time.

I like it here for the most part! It's nice to be able to socialize with other megafans like us :)

I know I definitely didn't - and still don't - handle Michael's death very well. I guess it's just one of those things we'll never really get over. But working with the other fans really does help a lot and, you know, you just get better at dealing with it. So I'm glad to see someone else coming back in and finding good things and enjoyment.

Howdy!

Oh nice! Awesome to meet you reibish!

Man the invincible era was something else. I remember spending hours and hours online working with a crappy streaming video of the virgin megastore signing (omg back when music stores existed!!! lol). Those were the days! And I definitely feel you about MJ's death. I dunno, I've just come to a point now where I've realized...you can't be sad forever. (or numb, in my case) And as I'm back in the fold, nothing would make me happier than to see the fan community really really thrive again like it did when he was alive. Things are still kicking, of course, don't get be wrong. But I just would love to see the Army of Love really back in full force in celebration of MJ's life with a mission to keep his legacy going. It's been a dark dark 5 years, but I really do think as a fan base, we can still come together lift MJ up just like we did when he was alive. Or at least thats my dreamer side talking lol

Anyways! I tend to ramble. LOL Sorry!

Man the invincible era was something else. I remember spending hours and hours online working with a crappy streaming video of the virgin megastore signing (omg back when music stores existed!!! lol). Those were the days!

Man, they were! I had just started high school at the time, so it was the only full-scale album launch I got to witness and appreciate. It blew my mind. I remember listening to Invincible for the first time slackjawed. Loved it. Every second.

And I definitely feel you about MJ's death. I dunno, I've just come to a point now where I've realized...you can't be sad forever. (or numb, in my case)

Same. My heart is still heavy, but whenever it gets hard I remember many things, good things, that help. They don't necessarily distract me but they kind of re-center me and get me back on track with all the work I've done. It was so hard for the first couple years, those were the worst. I've learned coping mechanisms and I'm just more clear-headed about the whole thing.

And as I'm back in the fold, nothing would make me happier than to see the fan community really really thrive again like it did when he was alive. Things are still kicking, of course, don't get be wrong. But I just would love to see the Army of Love really back in full force in celebration of MJ's life with a mission to keep his legacy going. It's been a dark dark 5 years, but I really do think as a fan base, we can still come together lift MJ up just like we did when he was alive. Or at least thats my dreamer side talking lol

I'm an extrovert, so when he died, the fold is exactly where I went and sought comfort. I met a fan group that I instantly bonded with and boy howdy, they were instrumental in surviving and navigating those dark months and couple years after he first passed. Even now once in awhile a few of us will get on the phone and just let it out and do what we used to do when our old community was much more active. They were awesome, all several hundred of us: we cried, laughed, watched videos, made memes, partied online (LIKE EVERY DAY, it was the best). I learned through them that I was not alone, that they also knew how to keep Michael's memory alive and his spirit strong and that I wasn't crazy; he really did bring people together. He really truly did change the world and I learned that through them.

Part of me is sad that as a fan base we are so easily divided, but something I have noticed about Michael Jackson fans is that we are everywhere, and honestly, we always come back to each other. We forgive each other for what we do, for the paths we take, for the "factions" we develop...there's some weird bond and understanding we all have when we meet. We just know and understand. Michael is so special, I think we're the luckiest fans in the world to have had him to admire.

The past five years (FIVE YEARS?! Where have they gone?) have been such a journey, that's for sure. Just this past week or so I have understood that our journey is never over - which doesn't mean bad things, but that it will never get dull.

Welcome back HOME J5master!!! :flowers:Million hugs to you for coming back!! ((())) I remember you! :) I've been part of this most beautiful place from the time of MJJF! Oh my God! The times we have lived together as an online fan community of the greatest, most beautiful, most misunderstood, most attacked, most inspiring angel to walk this earth! My world collapsed 5 years ago...and I'm still in the process of picking up bits and pieces of what is left of it...and me...how I miss all those amazing fans..Mjchichi, Trish, Dimity, cookie monsta, TSCM, superjay and so so many others..the memories themselves are so overwhelming that I choose not to think about them. I'm now living in a 'shut-it-all-out' zone where I just log in to take a quick glance at the news, and deliberately do not allow myself to feel anything. For YEARS this was the place I ate, slept, breathed, lived, dreamed...now i'm just trying to survive to another day of living, hoping for that eternal moment in eternity where we shall all be together again with our beautiful angel, mentor, and guide.... Welcome back so so much...much love to you and God bless...

:angel:
Ankita,
India

Omg Ankita, that was beautifully said.

I know what you mean about going through the motions/shutting it all out and I know you'll be able to come out of that eventually - as I have. It takes some soul searching, "watering your spiritual garden" as Janet would say, and really thinking about the function that MJ's life has had and will have in your life right now (I think I'll write a blog on this). I believe there is a reason we all got to "see" MJ for who he is and love him and love each other as a fan base in such a way. There is definitely a bond (as you said reibish) that is indescribable, and it comes from MJ's example. So now that he's moved on, that doesnt mean what he left behind dies, that passion and that thrill that we have for his art and message is still what keeps those wheels turning. MJ did what he was supposed to do while he was here, and its like he's passing us the torch and watching over us as we pick up where he left off in our own personal way. This is what allowed me to crawl out of the sadness and despair. As Reibish said, the journey is never over - MJ ensured that.

So thanks so much for the warm welcome

A little late comeback from me :busted:
Glad to have you back home and yeash, life takes its nasty turns, right?
I get through the day when I think that Michael now just lives in heaven instead of earth. :blush:
Welcome back, J5 master to MJJC ?

Back