Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at the O2 Arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.

Organisers are determined that all Michael’s legions of fans attending the opening nights get the same quality of staging and level of entertainment. Only the four shows listed here are affected:

· 8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

“Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Last edited:
This is it 8th cancelled!

concert on the 8th July will now be on the 13th July 2009!

concerts which were schedualed for 10th 12th and 14th have now been reschedualed for MARCH 2010

Dear Customer

This afternoon Michael Jackson show producers will be announcing the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.

Please allow us to apologise for this inconvenience. It was not an easy decision to change the schedule but in the end we wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.

We are writing to let you know that the 8th July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena is now scheduled for 13th July 2009. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.

If you cannot attend the revised date please contact us no later than the 19th June 2009 to obtain a full refund at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via the Michael Jackson Customer Support line on 0844 277 9982.

Please note due to the timeline involved in rescheduling this show your tickets will now be dispatched after the 19th of June.

Thank you for your understanding. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows! We look forward to seeing you on 13 July.

Regards

Ticketmaster - sent on behalf of AEG Live

Re: Email I got from Ticketmaster

This was my email:

Dear Customer

This afternoon Michael Jackson producers will be announcing the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.

Please allow us to apologise. It was not an easy decision to change the schedule but in the end we wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.

We are writing to let you know that the 10th July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena has now been rescheduled for 1st March 2010. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.

We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and for this reason we have secured some excellent hotel deals for Michael Jackson fans travelling to London on these rescheduled dates. Please contact our official travel package provider Thomsonexperience at customerservice@thomsonexperience.com or call on +44 (0)20 74621563 for discounted deals on hotel beds in London. We can offer a 10% discount on all hotel bookings. Quote 'Michael Jackson rescheduled dates' in order to claim the offer.

If you cannot attend the revised date and want a full refund including booking fee, please contact us at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via our Michael Jackson Support line on 0844 277 9982.

Tickets will be dispatched closer to the event date.

Thank you for your understanding. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows! We look forward to seeing you on 1st March 2010.

Regards

anyone knows what other dates are affected by this?

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED??????????!!!!!!! does this mean all the concert dates were pushed back??

Right now it seems like only the first few shows are affected. However, I cannot say for sure.

Re: This is it 8th cancelled!

Seriously?? Oh dear...

I got that too.
omg.. I booked my plane tix and hotels and everything. :bugeyed

I got the same thing for the 12th. I'm suspecting it's the Jubilee line tube work or that they need more time to prepare for the stage...
Argh!

Dear Customer
This afternoon Michael Jackson show producers will be announcing the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.
Please allow us to apologise. It was not an easy decision to change the schedule but in the end we wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.
We are writing to let you know that the 12 July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena is now scheduled for 3 March 2010. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.
If you cannot attend the revised date and want a full refund including booking fee, please contact us at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via our Michael Jackson Support line on 0844 277 9982.
Tickets will be dispatched closer to the event date.
Thank you for your understanding. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows! We look forward to seeing you on 3 March 2010.
Regards

i got the mail too :no:

Dear Customer
This afternoon Michael Jackson producers will be announcing the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.
We are writing to let you know that the 10th July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena has now been rescheduled for 1st March 2010. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.
We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and for this reason we have secured some excellent hotel deals for Michael Jackson fans travelling to London on these rescheduled dates. Please contact our official travel package provider Thomsonexperience at customerservice@thomsonexperience.com or call on +44 (0)20 74621563 for discounted deals on hotel beds in London. We can offer a 10% discount on all hotel bookings. Quote 'Michael Jackson rescheduled dates' in order to claim the offer.

is this the beginning of the end?

cant believe it.. omg

This "info" needs more details for sure or it's gonna cause some hysteria for some folks.

Edit: sorry, posted this before more details were visible.

Last edited:
This is it reschedued!

concert on the 8th July will now be on the 13th July 2009!

concerts which were schedualed for 10th 12th and 14th have now been reschedualed for MARCH 2010

Dear Customer

Please allow us to apologise for this inconvenience. It was not an easy decision to change the schedule but in the end we wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment.

We are writing to let you know that the 8th July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena is now scheduled for 13th July 2009. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.

If you cannot attend the revised date please contact us no later than the 19th June 2009 to obtain a full refund at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via the Michael Jackson Customer Support line on 0844 277 9982.

Please note due to the timeline involved in rescheduling this show your tickets will now be dispatched after the 19th of June.

Thank you for your understanding. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows! We look forward to seeing you on 13 July.

Regards

This is shit . My 8th july been changed to 13th july , only couple days difference , but its still shit !

Dont understand why its been changed , and why they just couldnt stick to schedule !!

Not happy now

What the f*** is going on!? They cannot do this!!!

Many are receiving the same e-mail and I hope an announcement from AEG & Michael comes soon.

Just happened to me 2, but im seeing him o the 28th of august aswell nd that hasnt seem to have moved so it aint that bad i suppose gives me sumfin to look 4ward to for next march. i just hope mj doesnt decide to end the tour early or anyfin

If this is true, then only the first few dates are pushed back. Why is there not a press release from AEG? Forgive me for being skeptical.

omg here it comes...this is pretty fckd up for the ppl out there with these dates..they may even have booked planetickets.

Re: This is it reschedued!

My concert that was suppose to be on july 12th is rescheduled for march 3rd 2009. Is that afreakin joke

No Daph, this thread can stay here as well per Gary.

When is the opening concert then? Probalby the young dancers need more practise. It was just too much stuff in too less time to organize for the greatest show on earth.

Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows

No words :eek::eek:

Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows

Uh, oh.....This is the real drama. All those who booked hotels, and tickets oh dear....how does this all work?

My concert that was suppose to be on july 12th is rescheduled for march 3rd 2009. Is that afreakin joke
Same thing!!! I'm not happy about it at all.
Wasn't 24th Feb supposedly the last day? Why March???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back