Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

Cowboys man, F*ckin cowboys!

for God's sake it's not HATERS - those who kneel before Michael and everything about him are not more of fans than those who get upset because they are gonna lose their money - use common sense a bit !

lol you'll see!!! just wait!

Sadd...

Last edited:

After reading some of the responses from some of the people here, I'm kind of glad this happened to some of you.

I don't understand the delay either but, good Lord, at least first wait for official confirmation, then wait and see what accomodations AEG will/will not be willing to provide.

I've spent $thousands$ on plane tickets for International flights and hotel-- money that I don't even have... I've spent!

BUT, I'm not 'pissed off' at Michael. No matter what is reported, we ALL (should?) know that Michael would be ready to perform this weekend. It's the people around him that screw everything up.

C'mon. Be upset that you've lost $$, but don't start blaming Michael for it.

I think its 'effed up that most fans would have booked for July 8th - 14th (ish) as they were the first dates that went on sale and everyone who loves Mike would want those tickets.. Now we have to wait until the very 'effing end to see Mike who has already performed to people who couldn't give a shit.

We get the tail end of the tour and probably the tail end of his performance, power, agility and.. EFFORT. So thx..

Oaky, only some of the people got this mail! only the people who bought tickets for the first 4 shows it seems!§

I'm going mad... oh my... it's so hard not to become superangry at MJ now.
Why is this happening?? There has to be a way to solve whatever problem there is?? It's obviously not 'time' cuz it's only been pushed back a few DAYS... DAMN, why do I have July 14th ticketsss:(

Let's just hope everything can be rectified before the up roar escalates.

After reading some of the responses from some of the people here, I'm kind of glad this happened to some of you.

I don't understand the delay either but, good Lord, at least first wait for official confirmation, then wait and see what accomodations AEG will/will not be willing to provide.

Selfish..

I don't think mj has anything to do with the schedule and rescheduling of the shows.
It is AEG live fault, So bad! They could have thought of those problems before schedule those days!

This is rubbish!

I have 4 tickets for the second show (July 10) and I am travelling all the way from Australia.

I have booked plane tickets, bought tickets for other events and everything!!

This is serious F***ed if true.

We should start a petition saying don't change the dates, you can't just do that like 2 months before start time!
AGREED!!!

:no:

well its not on this its the prices of the dam tix aswell and the hassle for fans even getting tix,

Last edited by a moderator:

I just wanna say that this thread really made me sad.
It made me sade to see that there's some "fans" who don't really love michael if they are blaming him now for all of this and they are talking about him like he's a liar or something...
This is really disappointing... :(

fans of michael jackson don't need to act like this...
Did you forget that we are the best fans in the world? We are family, remember?...

My tickets will go up for sale soon. I aint waiting a fucking year only for them to cancel AGAIN!!!

well i want a statement from michael i want to here what he has to say not from some dick who works for AEG
They are nothing but money grabbing bastards anyway

I hope this isn't true..... I'm waiting till official word comes out before I get mad :yes:

well i feel like being a bastard now

:smilerolleyes:

I think its 'effed up that most fans would have booked for July 8th - 14th (ish) as they were the first dates that went on sale and everyone who loves Mike would want those tickets.. Now we have to wait until the very 'effing end to see Mike who has already performed to people who couldn't give a shit.

We get the tail end of the tour and probably the tail end of his performance, power, agility and.. EFFORT. So thx..

Well at the time of getting the tickets, all the fans (including me) were complaining that we COULDN'T get tickets for the first few dates.

Can we get some mods in here please, some people are being jerks :)

GLAD????

that is really mean of you to say that! these people are coming from all around the world, spending their money and time and then someone comes and says this???

those of you can't understand the bitterness of the fans whose dates are cancelled should at least have the respect to not interfere and say sh!t like I AM GLAD.

shame on you really...

@___@ Oh, man, I didn't expect to see so much close minded people here. o_@ Can you wait a little bit? Till everything sorts out?

well i don't want to go anymore i will give all mine away i'm that pissed

:smilerolleyes:

Well at the time of getting the tickets, all the fans (including me) were complaining that we COULDN'T get tickets for the first few dates.

Can we get some mods in here please, some people are being jerks :)

Just because you were too slow to get tickets - doesn't make me a jerk for getting them and being dissapointed that I now have to wait almost a year..

i did because money is involved, maybe money is no object to michael but we all have to work our buts off to even afford one tix

Yes, AEG needs to work with airlines/hotels to refund fans this money.

I can understand the outrage and the situation but I cannot understand the personal insults to MJ. Those are uncalled for.

Unfortunately, airine and hotel refunds are not AEG's responsibility. I'm sure it's written in the fineprint when everyone purchased their tickets about liability for rescheduled/cancelled shows. But I agree with the bolded part of your post. :)

For those with flights: You can likely CHANGE your flight for a fee ($200 or so), which is much more 'affordable' than buying new tickets for March.

For those with hotels: If you beg/plead enough, they may give you a refund, OR allow you to reschedule to new dates.

For those angry at Michael: It's not his fault. Yes, he's the easiest target... for 45 years, he's been the target. We all know better than to blame him! It's always the people around him that end up screwing him over.

So, if you're upset and need to get angry at someone, then get angry with me instead.

It may be a financial hardship, however since the shows are rescheduled so far away now, it might be worth the extra fees to reschedule everything instead trying to get a refund or losing your money outright.

Some "Fans" need to get a grip. Concerts get re-scheduled all the time. Sometimes the rescheduling is a last resort but is in the best interest of the shows. If Michael is putting on his last ever shows he will want them to be perfect and if that means he has to postpone a few then thats it at the end of the day

I understand people who have already booked travel and accomodation (myself included) but for some things you can reschedual, or if not sell the travel tickets on to someone else who may need them

Id rather see the show as Michael wanted it in its full glory than an unfinished set.

Finally i hope all those who have been moved manage to sort their travel etc out

Best post in the thread that I've read thus far.

Breaking News - Reschedule of MJ Concert Dates Announced
Rescheduling Information

Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at the O2 Arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.
Organisers are determined that all Michael’s legions of fans attending the opening nights get the same quality of staging and level of entertainment. Only the four shows listed here are affected:

· 8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

“Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

I think that pretty much says it all. For everyone who is upset, just think about WHY this is happening. It's happening so Michael can give you something special. Granted it may not happen as fast as you like or in the way you originally planned, but it will happen. :flowers:

i can see a lot of people selling their tickets.

And I know lots of people who will be ready to snatch them up. I don't think anyone with multiple tickets should be complaining tho as they are more than likely going to see MJ before 2010 anyway. I DO feel for those who had tix to the rescheduled dates and that was the ONLY ticket they were able to get. Just...damn. But I think someone else suggested, maybe folks will be able to resell the rescheduled tix and buy new ones from viagogo. Of course, to make up the money for viagogo tix you will be forced to resell the rescheduled ones for a price to cover the viagogo prices.

I know this thread will eventually self-combust but I hope as time goes on, ppl cool off and understand. :(

This is ridicolous, I dont even think i can make the March date, because i have mid-terms at university in march. Anybody that will be going in the summer dates will most likely be students and parents which will be difficult to reschedules during the school year. It would make much more sense to push back all the dates then screw over 60,000 people. Who are his event managers and producers, any one with half a brain could figure this out. As i said earlier, as it appears evident with the july 8th people being pushed to july 13th, those of February 24th wouldnt mind going March 3rd. Now I have to replan a trip that cost me nearly 10,000 dollars because its too inconvenient for MJ to push back the concert 5 days. How is this fair?

8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

Wow, I bet this is the announcements that MJ is goin' to make tommorrow.

Michael Why??

OMG 6th march?!?!!?! WTF i cant believe!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING:

I know the majority of you are pissed off but the insults to Michael will stop and will stop right now. You have every right to be angry but you have no right to be insulting so knock it off!

And to others that are saying get over it! Knock that off too! Many of us have spent thousands of dollars for these shows and there are tickets and hotel accommodations that are non transferable and non refundable. So show a bit of sympathy, will you?

First and last warning before bannings take place. KNOCK IT OFF NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back