Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

I hope this isn't true..... I'm waiting till official word comes out before I get mad :yes:

It is true. Otherwise there wouldn't be e-mailing being sent confirming the rescheduling. Plus, look at the ticketmaster website, the dates have been rearranged also

Originally Posted by GiveItUp123 View Post
This is rubbish!

I have 4 tickets for the second show (July 10) and I am travelling all the way from Australia.

I have booked plane tickets, bought tickets for other events and everything!!

This is serious F***ed if true.

We should start a petition saying don't change the dates, you can't just do that like 2 months before start time!

Me too.

The Announcement probably be tommorrow if this is true.

I bet more shows are cancelled!!!!

First off, I feel so sorry for the thousands of people who like me stand to lose money they don't have. This SUCKS... This is bad, there is nothing positive about it.

And truth be told, yes, this IS Michael's fault. Michael is the headliner, Michael is overseeing the stage design, Michael is picking the dancers etc, Michael is doing the setlist, Michael is pointing to what he wants for the shows etc. At the end of the day, MICHAEL made decisions causing this delay...

There should SERIOUSLY be some other compensation to people and not just a rescheduled date... Either vouchers for something at the o2 arena, a refund on airfare changes - something. It's not right to leave people from all over the world out of thousands of dollars. Even airlines who reschedule flights HAVE to compensate you somehow with vouchers etc.

MOD, I think you need to lock this thread before it's gets even worse.

I understand peoples' frustrations as I am one of them who's tickets have been rescheduled but some posts on here are insulting to others and insulting to Michael.

It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

mm... nice of them to hope for us.

however, that really just makes me cry harder about this.

This happened on the Dangerous Tour too I recall. Not at the start of the tour mind you, but on the UK leg most dates were put back a few days. March is a bit harsh though isn't it?

Let's just hope it's not a domino effect with all the dates, now that would be a disaster!

I completely agree.

How the f**k can start saying all this about him now just because your cant go when you wanna go?

Cant you see he is doing all this for us.
Hes putting us first giving us what we wont and your all turning on him.
Typicall.

I dont know how you dare call yourselves Michael Jackson fans coz when it comes down to it your as bad as the media.

You really are so selfish some of your and ungreatfull.

Yeah, he is doing this for us.
He want it to be perfect, you know Michael... he is very perfectionist.

And I'm SURE that he's not happy for this... I'm sure he don't want to disappoint us.

Just have to change my travell plans then..

WOOW

OMG... what? my monyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy My reservations........

I just wanna say that this thread really made me sad.
It made me sade to see that there's some "fans" who don't really love michael if they are blaming him now for all of this and they are talking about him like he's a liar or something...
This is really disappointing... :(

fans of michael jackson don't need to act like this...
Did you forget that we are the best fans in the world? We are family, remember?...

THANK YOU!!:angel:

Oh I'm so happy I didn't buy any plain tickets or hotel rooms for the 26th concert. Now just have to wait and see if the entire tour gets moved.

But yeah, it sucks for those who are screwed right now, but the reality of showbusiness is, nothing is reliable.

But one thing is certain. It won't be cancelled, because AEG has invested alot of dinero in Michael now and will sue his ass for all he has got left and Mike will be on welfare if anything go cancelled.

Trust me, the delays means that the building of the stage and technical stuff is taking longer, and this is very common. But yeah, Mike should have given himself more time. 4 months is not enough for a show this big.

I don't think that Michael does not know what this delay will mean for fans. He know, and he is forced to do it anyway. Its either that or half the show he wants to put out. And sorry I know this bites, but the show comes first.

I highly doubt that there is any other reason for Michael to do this. And as I said, he probably does not have a choice. Yes he makes decisions, but he does not control when all the stage props and dancers and stage itself is to be ready. He can tell them, but its the people doing the work, the people bringing Michael what he and his crew needs. You have the auditions. Michael is not doing this alone, and he depends upon everyone holding their schedule. But if delivery of certain props gets delayed, then Michael is out of control to handle it. That is how it is when you plan something this big. Shit happens.

But yeah I would get so pissed if I had booked plaintickets and hotel and had to go another date. But I would want to know why and try to understand, and not judge.

But thats easy for me to say.

Good luck folks. I'm sure this will not affect the outcome of the tour, and I am sure this is a sign that Michael WILL give us the best show we have ever seen.

“Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Personally, I'd rather see Michael stand on stage & just sing on the date I chose rather than have to wait 8 more months for a hyped up, special effects bonanza!!

I've checked my hotel booking though and I can change it (for a small fee) but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a few days to seeif this all gets turned around again. :(

cant believe that some of u dont understand why people are angry.
they totally have the right to be disappointed. maybe they just cant afford travelling twice and cant go to one show now. because plane and hotel is booked..
its so not funny. regardless whose fault it is, but this is BS!
im so glad to go in august and i just really hope that was all with the changes.

WHAT THE F****??? HOLY SHIT!

how the hell can i reschedule plane tickets without taxes???

july 8th being pushed to july 13th is no biggie....but i had the whole thing planned for july 6th till july 19th and now i have to reschedule everything to MARCH???
thats soooo not fair!!!

is this really for sure?? my tix are for july 10th and i didnt get that email...

Just because you were too slow to get tickets - doesn't make me a jerk for getting them and being dissapointed that I now have to wait almost a year..

I didn't call you a jerk Foxy. Everybody needs to calm down, then rant and rave when we have confirmation..

And I'm sure I tried just as hard as you did to get tickets at the presale/general sale..

Last edited:

Blimey, i was about to get some tickets for 10th July and now i read this :smilerolleyes::doh: ah man ill ust have to wait and see then. so confusing

For crist's sake!!!! My so hard earned visa vill end at 30 semptember!!!!!!!!!!!! I would need to cancle my plane tickets (they are not refundable), and do one more visa!!!!!!!!!! This suck!!!

cant believe that some of u dont understand why people are angry.
they totally have the right to be disappointed. maybe they just cant afford travelling twice and cant go to one show now. because plane and hotel is booked..
its so not funny. regardless whose fault it is, but this is BS!
im so glad to go in august and i just really hope that was all with the changes.
You said it all.

Oh I'm so happy I didn't buy any plain tickets or hotel rooms for the 26th concert. Now just have to wait and see if the entire tour gets moved.

But yeah, it sucks for those who are screwed right now, but the reality of showbusiness is, nothing is reliable.

But one thing is certain. It won't be cancelled, because AEG has invested alot of dinero in Michael now and will sue his ass for all he has got left and Mike will be on welfare if anything go cancelled.

Trust me, the delays means that the building of the stage and technical stuff is taking longer, and this is very common. But yeah, Mike should have given himself more time. 4 months is not enough for a show this big.

I don't think that Michael does not know what this delay will mean for fans. He know, and he is forced to do it anyway. Its either that or half the show he wants to put out. And sorry I know this bites, but the show comes first.

I highly doubt that there is any other reason for Michael to do this. And as I said, he probably does not have a choice. Yes he makes decisions, but he does not control when all the stage props and dancers and stage itself is to be ready. He can tell them, but its the people doing the work, the people bringing Michael what he and his crew needs. You have the auditions. Michael is not doing this alone, and he depends upon everyone holding their schedule. But if delivery of certain props gets delayed, then Michael is out of control to handle it. That is how it is when you plan something this big. Shit happens.

But yeah I would get so pissed if I had booked plaintickets and hotel and had to go another date. But I would want to know why and try to understand, and not judge.

But thats easy for me to say.

Good luck folks. I'm sure this will not affect the outcome of the tour, and I am sure this is a sign that Michael WILL give us the best show we have ever seen.

It hasn't to do with time because the first concert is only moved for only four days... 4 days come on ...

GLAD????

that is really mean of you to say that! these people are coming from all around the world, spending their money and time and then someone comes and says this???

those of you can't understand the bitterness of the fans whose dates are cancelled should at least have the respect to not interfere and say sh!t like I AM GLAD.

shame on you really...

Just the people claiming they're going to kick MJ's ass and saying they hate him forever now, BEFORE ANY OFFICIAL STATEMENT EVEN COMES OUT. Yeah, the self-proclaimed haters can leave now.

This is a risk that everyone took when they bought these tickets. It sucks, but we first need to wait for an official statement before everyone pisses and moans directly at Michael.

this is not just about the money guys - its been a lifelong dream of mine to go see mike perform live and now there's a possibility my dream is shattered. yes, there will be many fans who simply can't afford to re-book flights and accomodation or take time off work to attend the new dates. But moving some of the dates to next year was a very bad move in my opinion! Very dissapointing especially after seeing the rehearsals were going so well. I hope we get a explanation - and quick!

What! I booked everything!!!!! What is this! What about the ticket i have won here at mjjc! Gary? I am so mad right now!!!!!!

it not a true!

I just wanna say that this thread really made me sad.
It made me sade to see that there's some "fans" who don't really love michael if they are blaming him now for all of this and they are talking about him like he's a liar or something...
This is really disappointing... :(

fans of michael jackson don't need to act like this...
Did you forget that we are the best fans in the world? We are family, remember?...

Agree :)

Something like this happened before in his tour ..as I remember.
Postpone is possible.
I feel for your guys who already paid for all and getting ready on first date show...it make fan disappoint but the main objective is described in the email.. that about quality of show. I think we may have a way to solve problem. We can get the dream comes true if we don't give up :)
and we should think about how to solve and help each other ...please don't blame Michael only for this.
For me I already canceled my 2 weeks vacation on July coz I decide to sell my tix I m so busy this year about my work and other things so I m looking for Feb tix but not yet buy..so now I think maybe another fan who is at the same situation like me and willing to help...if it is true..let see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back