Rick Astley

Yeah, I remember Rick Astley & I was reading an article on MSN about how his name has been liked to pratical jokes on the internet. I'd like to know why he's not taken seriously as before. As you said, Haxafax, he had a good voice with good songs. I remember what it was like when he became popular in the UK & US.

Oh god....lol
I used to LOVE that hit song he had out "Never Gonna Give You Up"...It was on the charts and on the video channels for what seemed like FOREVER. People make fun of him now but im sure hes still to this day laughing all the way to the bank.

People made jokes about Rick even in the 80s when he was popular, because as Morris Day would say, he doesn't look like he sounds, lol. He was alright, but I was never a fan of his producers Stock/Aitken/Waterman.

I still don't know what that is, lol. I clicked on one of his videos once, and most of the comments are talking about that.

...where were you last year?
543j.gif
it started off as link to a website, but instead it redirected you to ''never gonna give you up'' video. then it started to get nuts and started to happen in the outside world and we were rickroll'd at sports arenas, roll of the dice and you'd be '' rickrolld'' in rick ashtly hell. no offense to him though lol. the thanksgiving one was more insane with puppets from a childs cartoon singing a song on a float and all of a sudden rick astley himself shows up and the music changed and he was lipsyncing his heart out. my favorite was youtube april fools, you clicked on a video, and his video showed up instead. i only realize now it was for a whole year.
i want to think the thread starter rickrolled us looking at the date.-_-

I remember when that song came out you couldn't tell me that wasn't a Black man.... then I saw the video and was like WHOA!!! :lol: Awesome!

That was a youtube thing, right, last April Fool's Day? Like no matter what YT link you clicked on it would take you to Rick Astley's video!

Ohhhh, maaannn... I admit it: my first, very first real teenage crush was Rick Astley :ph34r: . I was some... 12 or something... and I loved his voice. I got the chance to see him live for the first time ever last year and... well.... wonderful voice!!! But... no longer my crush :)
Good memories!

Rick Astley has a really good voice, but I often wonder if he's unhappy that a meme has made one of his songs overshadow the rest of his discography or is he just happy about all of the attention that the song gets. :)

Back