Rodney Jerkins: MICHAEL KNEW HIS TIME WAS NEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rodney, he seems to hold the utmost respect and love for Michael, but, there's just too much documented effort and hardwork that Michael was putting in for different projects, that this one is hard to believe. Throughout my life I always felt Michael was a god fearing man, no matter the religion we all believe in a higher power, and I think Michael was very spiritually aware, so to speak.

You are very right. And, people say that not knowing that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians. They do not know this. A Christain means that you accept Christ as your savior. Which of course JW's believe. But since we do not believe he is God many falsely assume we do not believe in Jesus. So to say he became a Christian at that time is a misrepresentation since he had become a Christian when he was much younger.

Rodney is indeed taking third party information out of context. Which is a very familiar story with MJ's life. He took outright false and some distorted information, stretched it further and then came to the conclusion that MJ knew he was about to die. Which I think was the furthest from the truth. On almost all accounts, he was very positive especially lately, and was very optomistic about the future and was still making plans til he died.

I hope Rodney's story doesn't cause any more pain for MJ's fans or make them feel more hopeless or sadden them further especially since it is not based on fact. And make them think MJ had kind of given up on life since he knew it to be coming to a close.

well..making final determinations on Michael, or any other human being, other than ourselves, is a slippery slope..

how do we explain 'crucify the Lord' in his tabloid junkie lyric..and, MJ saying that he does not think MJ is God, after saying he tries to imitate Jesus?(during the Oprah Winfrey interview)

so, i just feel comfy saying 'i don't know', and that whatever his beliefs truly are, is solely between Michael and the one he believes created him.

i think we only know the full story of our own lives, not the full story of someone else's, no matter how much we think we have seen, of someone else's. it helps prevent making a warranted judgment call on anyone other than ourselves.

Last edited:
I don't think MJ could possiply know or feel that his doctor would kille him. - Had he had that feeling he might just had wanted another doctor.

The Crouches' didn't introduce Michael to Jesus. But did talk about the anointing of the holy spirit with him. Michael always worshiped Jesus. Since his childhood.

Michael's faith in his own words.

http://www.reflectionsonthedance.com/His-Faith.html

Jesus said that you must enter into the kingdom as little children. His love was global and unconditional especially for children. Home, music, etc. God took the least and made him mighty. His talent came from above. The bible says that love covers a multitude of sin. His parallels with the number 7 (biblical meaning of perfection and completion) are signs that God was vested in his life. He was used for God's glory and witnessed to billions. Michael was not an accident , but by design.

ShowMeThyWay

Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.

Matthew 18:2-5

50 in the Bible is the year of Jubilee and Michael died at 50. In scripture all debts were canceled and slaves were set free at Jubilee. (Michael is free)! Seven is God's perfect number and Michael Jackson's funeral was on 7-7-09 at Staple. He died on June 25th. 2+5=7. MJ was the 7th child of 9. There are 7 letters in his first name and he was born in 1958. 19+58=77! Michael was a God chosen gift to the world!

Vassie Brame

Michael's prophetic words at the London 02 Arena Conference.

And when I say this it is. I really mean this is it. This is the final curtain call. Michael defiantly knew his time was near.

I'm trying to imitate Jesus in the fact that he said to be like children, to love children, to be as pure as children and to make yourself as innocent and to see the world through eyes of wonderment and the whole magical quality of it all."

Michael Jackson
Oprah Winfrey interview 1993

SB (Shmuley Boteach):. ...Do you have a relationship with Jesus?

MJ: Jesus, yes. Absolutely. But you believe in Jesus, don’t you?

The Michael Jackson Tapes

I know Michael loved Jesus with all his heart. Quincy had told me about his work sharing his faith with others, often door-to-door, because he’d been raised a devout Jehovah’s Witness. Later in life he told people he was a non-denominational Christian.

David Pack

By the way. I believe Michael already had the holy spirit. Check out this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUm3okwUqU

The song Michael requested to hear three weeks before his death. Which was one of his favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NflCoYmoStM

The Crouches' didn't introduce Michael to Jesus. But did talk about the anointing of the holy spirit with him. Michael always worshiped Jesus. Since his childhood.

Michael's faith in his own words.

http://www.reflectionsonthedance.com/His-Faith.html

Jesus said that you must enter into the kingdom as little children. His love was global and unconditional especially for children. Home, music, etc. God took the least and made him mighty. His talent came from above. The bible says that love covers a multitude of sin. His parallels with the number 7 (biblical meaning of perfection and completion) are signs that God was vested in his life. He was used for God's glory and witnessed to billions. Michael was not an accident , but by design.

ShowMeThyWay

Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.

Matthew 18:2-5

50 in the Bible is the year of Jubilee and Michael died at 50. In scripture all debts were canceled and slaves were set free at Jubilee. (Michael is free)! Seven is God's perfect number and Michael Jackson's funeral was on 7-7-09 at Staple. He died on June 25th. 2+5=7. MJ was the 7th child of 9. There are 7 letters in his first name and he was born in 1958. 19+58=77! Michael was a God chosen gift to the world!

Vassie Brame

Michael's prophetic words at the London 02 Arena Conference.

And when I say this it is. I really mean this is it. This is the final curtain call. Michael defiantly knew his time was near.

I'm trying to imitate Jesus in the fact that he said to be like children, to love children, to be as pure as children and to make yourself as innocent and to see the world through eyes of wonderment and the whole magical quality of it all."

Michael Jackson
Oprah Winfrey interview 1993

SB (Shmuley Boteach):. ...Do you have a relationship with Jesus?

MJ: Jesus, yes. Absolutely. But you believe in Jesus, don’t you?

The Michael Jackson Tapes

I know Michael loved Jesus with all his heart. Quincy had told me about his work sharing his faith with others, often door-to-door, because he’d been raised a devout Jehovah’s Witness. Later in life he told people he was a non-denominational Christian.

David Pack

By the way. I believe Michael already had the holy spirit. Check out this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUm3okwUqU

The song Michael requested to hear three weeks before his death. Which was one of his favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NflCoYmoStM

yeah i agree, no more suffering he have to deal with humanity he's finallly living in peace

That video with Rodney Jerkins is from CNN's production of "Man In The Mirror." I came out shortly after June 25th. There was a lot of speculation about how Michael died at that time and he (Jerkins) was also speculating in my opinion.

When Michael announced the This Is It concerts, we all knew something was wrong. The announcement felt like a goodbye, like he was preparing us for what was about to happen. It did not feel like he was announcing a comeback, but more like a goodbye. He wanted the world's attention once more and reclaim people's respect and admiration, and that is exactly what happened with the movie This Is It. That movie helped put the focus back on the wonderful spirit and artistry of Michael Jackson and not the media's sensationalism. He died a hero.

I for one, thought upon hearing him announce that the shows would be called This Is It, remembered thinking, 'why did he choose to call it that, like its the end or something?' I also remember the panic that spread through the boards from fans wondering just what Michael meant by 'these are my final concerts,' and I have to admit amidst the joys about the shows I did feel a bit uneasy, but I brushed it off and moved on.

I can't say what Michael felt or knew, the fact is we've lost a very beautiful human being and my life will never be the same without him in it. He made that much of an impact on me, I think about him everday.:yes:

Love and miss you Michael!:wub:

Last edited:
Okay guys, I feel the need to tell you what I do know. I have done a lot of research on this matter, I’ve been contacted by people who were doing research on the Muslim story and talking with Dave Nassaney who is one of the people who is administrating Mr. Crouch fan club on facebook. There were a lot of rumors going around after this story came out after Michael's passing. What I'm telling you now is what comes straight from the Crouch siblings. The story that was reported about Michael and the Crouches is true, everything except the accept Christ part. The Crouches saw Michael twice close to his passing, the sang gospel together, prayed to Jesus together and so on, this as late as just three weeks before his death. Mr. Crouch also said this after Michael's death ".. That he is confident that Michael knew of the Lord". These are facts straight from them!!

About the Islam rumor. There is not ONE THING ABOUT THAT RUMOR THAT IS TRUE!
http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Michael_Jackson
this link proves where this story was made up, and using official statements from different people, it also proves that it is 100% false.
There are some who say that Jermaine Jackson have said that Michael converted, as far as I know, that is not true either. Jermaine did say that he wish Michael would that he THINKS he is close and so on. However, there is no clip, no statement where he says that Michael converted. The opposed actually, just a month ago Jermaine got the question twice if Michael converted on Arabic TV, not once did he say that he did. He couldn't lie about that.

Interesting story, tho I wouldn't say that MJ knew what would happen soon, right away!

PS Jehovah witness's prophet is Christ but they are not called Christians

Ups... sorry, Andrew. JW ARE Christians :)
We worship God (Jehovah) and follow Jesus example. There are many prophets, and Jesus is the main, of course.
I know this for sure: I am JW ;)

Okay guys, I feel the need to tell you what I do know. I have done a lot of research on this matter, I’ve been contacted by people who were doing research on the Muslim story and talking with Dave Nassaney who is one of the people who is administrating Mr. Crouch fan club on facebook. There were a lot of rumors going around after this story came out after Michael's passing. What I'm telling you now is what comes straight from the Crouch siblings. The story that was reported about Michael and the Crouches is true, everything except the accept Christ part. The Crouches saw Michael twice close to his passing, the sang gospel together, prayed to Jesus together and so on, this as late as just three weeks before his death. Mr. Crouch also said this after Michael's death ".. That he is confident that Michael knew of the Lord". These are facts straight from them!!

Indra!! Glad to see you again :hug: You've certainly done your homework, I still remember our good all thread on this topic :yes:
Your findings are 100% right. If you check some pages back you will see the links to articles dated June 10, 2009, when the Crouch clarify this rumor about Michael. It's excellent from them to put things in order and stop rumors. Well done!

Hugs, Indra!!! :cheeky:

There are some who say that Jermaine Jackson have said that Michael converted, as far as I know, that is not true either. Jermaine did say that he wish Michael would that he THINKS he is close and so on. However, there is no clip, no statement where he says that Michael converted.
I forgot this.
I think Jermain said his first "MJ had converted to Islam because I told him to" right after the 25, in an interview to Larry King in CNN, at the studio, not the one they did in Neverland. I just couldn't find it to check it, but I think that was it. After that one, he would say he didn't know, but he had given many books to MJ about this. That's what I remember :)

Indra!! Glad to see you again :hug: You've certainly done your homework, I still remember our good all thread on this topic :yes:
Your findings are 100% right. If you check some pages back you will see the links to articles dated June 10, 2009, when the Crouch clarify this rumor about Michael. It's excellent from them to put things in order and stop rumors. Well done!

Hugs, Indra!!! :cheeky:

Hugs to you too =)
I do remember our discussion about this, glad to see that people get to know the truth about this story... I guess we all want to know as much as we can about Michael and his time here with us.

I forgot this.
I think Jermain said his first "MJ had converted to Islam because I told him to" right after the 25, in an interview to Larry King in CNN, at the studio, not the one they did in Neverland. I just couldn't find it to check it, but I think that was it. After that one, he would say he didn't know, but he had given many books to MJ about this. That's what I remember :)

Oh, okay.
Would really like to see that... it's weird though, Jermaine said that after the 25th, wasn't that back in 2001?... doesn't add together if you think about what michael been saying about his faith after and also the fact that the reason a lot of people belive the Islam rumor is of the story The Sun made up in 2008. But it would be very interesting to see if there is clip of that.. specially considering that just a month ago he didn't say that when he was asked if michael converted. The clip ot that is here on mjjcommunity.

Oh, okay.
Would really like to see that... it's weird though, Jermaine said that after the 25th, wasn't that back in 2001?... doesn't add together if you think about what michael been saying about his faith after and also the fact that the reason a lot of people belive the Islam rumor is of the story The Sun made up in 2008. But it would be very interesting to see if there is clip of that.. specially considering that just a month ago he didn't say that when he was asked if michael converted. The clip ot that is here on mjjcommunity.

Yes, that's true.
The good thing is that ever since Jermain says he didn't know about this topic or that he wished MJ had done as he suggested, but he didn't. That's good.

Have a great week!! :cheers:

I believe in this; however, I do not believe that was the case with Michael (even thought I said I never liked the name "this is it). Michael did NOT die from natural cases. He died from something that could have been avoided. I am sorry but God has NOTHIng to do with Murray giving MJ a drug that could kill him. People have to remember that Michael was WARNED about this drug. So you can also view this as God way of telling him to stop but he did not. Also, why did he sell out 50 shows and was on his way back to a great blessing? You have to remember, the Devil can step in as well and take your blessings.

I for one, thought upon hearing him announce that the shows would be called This Is It, remembered thinking, 'why did he choose to call it that, like its the end or something?' I also remember the panic that spread through the boards from fans wondering just what Michael meant by 'these are my final concerts,' and I have to admit amidst the joys about the shows I did feel a bit uneasy, but I brushed it off and moved on.

I can't say what Michael felt or knew, the fact is we've lost a very beautiful human being and my life will never be the same without him in it. He made that much of an impact on me, I think about him everday.:yes:

Love and miss you Michael!:wub:
I agree.

I believe in this; however, I do not believe that was the case with Michael (even thought I said I never liked the name "this is it). Michael did NOT die from natural cases. He died from something that could have been avoided. I am sorry but God has NOTHIng to do with Murray giving MJ a drug that could kill him. People have to remember that Michael was WARNED about this drug. So you can also view this as God way of telling him to stop but he did not. Also, why did he sell out 50 shows and was on his way back to a great blessing? You have to remember, the Devil can step in as well and take your blessings.

Exactly.
I totally agree.
MJ didn't just "die" (as if that wasn't bad enough!!! :doh:), he was killed.

Yes, that's true.
The good thing is that ever since Jermain says he didn't know about this topic or that he wished MJ had done as he suggested, but he didn't. That's good.

Have a great week!! :cheers:
I know right... I mean, he know he can't lie about it so therfore he stoped.
You too!!!

Exactly.
I totally agree.
MJ didn't just "die" (as if that wasn't bad enough!!! :doh:), he was killed.
exactly. Now if Michael would have died in sleep of natural causes, then yes, I would believe this. For example, my grandmother was 65 when she died. she had her vision. On that saturday, she said she was tired and really to go home to the lord. The next day, I found her in a coma and she died. To me, this when the lord call you home. In the case of Michael, No I do not believe it. my family was saying the same thing that Rodney is saying and even I felt something was not right (I was going to show as well). to me, this was a warning that was about to happen; however, IT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. Like I said, God can also warn you of things and if one does not listen, it is NOT god's fault, it is man's fault. We all are giving insight and voices, and when we listen, we survive and do well; however, when we do not listen, we suffer at our own hands. This is the same when you get no good friends. A voice be telling you "do not trust these people". You feel it however you want to be nice and ignore that "sense". Guess what, you get robbed,abused, or killed by these so called friends. When this happen, you look back and say "dang, why didn't I following my spirit. Something told me not to trust these people". To me, thaT is GOd warning you and when you do not listen, you go through the drama. This is the same with Michael. He would not have been blessed if God was planning taken him. People need to stop blaming God for everything.

This is just a thought, don't get mad at me for sharing it, I'm not even sure I believe it myself, just sharing....
Maybe Michael knew his life was in danger and somehow this is what he wanted to spend time with Andrae and Sandra Crouch? That, even if it wasn't the work of God, he knew that something wasn't right?... I don't know...

The one thing that I find strange is how he died exactly 6 months from Christmas day.

Now, its silly, and im not even giving this theory time in my head, but its almost like he planned it and knew that he wasn't as important as Jesus, so picked exactly half of the year before and after Jesus birth. I know its silly, but Im just putting forward a silly thought i had.
It just seems all so strange.
Its like he has said, "okay 50 is a nice number to 'go' and leave my legacy. Ill do a press conference where I will announce my final curtain, sell out 50 gigs in the most famous arena today". Then he dies just 2 weeks before the concert starts and exactly 6 months to christmas day.

Its almost like he lived for his career, and he told himself now was the best time to go to keep his legacy going.

Crazy thoughts.

Its weird how James Brown died on christmas day too.

anybody can say anything they want to now about what Mike may have thought. I can't believe any of it now. one thing is true though. Mike was prescient to an extreme.

In the Barbara Walters interview he said that he could 'feel' somebody's death and that he had felt it shortly after Princess Diana's passing and then Mother Theresa died.

Michael: Um...I woke up (in a quiet and reflective voice) and my doctor gave me the news. And I fell back down in grief, and I started to cry. The pain...I felt inner pain, in my stomach, and in my chest. (his voice starts to break slightly) So, I said, "I can't handle this...it's too much." Just the message and the fact that I knew her personally. Then on top of that one I said, "There's another one...real soon...I feel it coming...there's another one....it's another one coming and I pray it's not me...please don't let it be me." And then Mother Theresa came...
Barbara: Are you psychic...is that what you're saying?
Michael: I don't want to say that, but I've done it before.

He was prescient, but I don't think he knew what was going to happen to him. Otherwise he would have done anything to stay with his children.

I don't mean to bump this back up...but boy it's good and oh man it's heavy too. A bit eerie. It could mean a lot of things...but God really has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back