Serious topic: Lil' MJ solo records in Motown (early solo years)

I agree with this subject totally. I have alwasy been dissapointed, especially when I look back through vintage Jacksons performaces... why do we, even as fans celebrate only the post Thriller MJ... when totality wise... he has always evolved and been groundbreaking from a small child and sexy symbol teen to the genius we recognize today. He is so much more than Thriller, Bad, Off The Wall, Dangerous and Invincible. He's all that and more. I wish people and fans included focussed on the whole picture one day. It would be totally osmosis for anyone to not like or at least consider the magic of his abilities then.[/b]

:yes: He's a legend for a good reason. His career stretch back years and there are performances from back then that showcase PROOF. People who followed Michael from the Jackson 5 on up to Off the Wall were already throwing the "legend" status at him.

I never saw what the big deal was about Who's Loving you before when I first had it, now that I give it some thought and consider that this is an 11 year old singing it really makes you go WOW :eek:

Yeah Chaos, when you consider his age for those Motown performances, he was a prodigy without doubt.

Don't it! :D[/b]
no it dont (I just said that to fit in)

:yes:

no but seriously, I do think that they overlook how great this guy was as a kid, I dont think there is act out there today from any of these people from the past ten years that was on Michaels level when he was just a kid, talent wise he allways had it going for him!

He couldn't deny that talent if he tried to. For that, I'm glad he came out as early as he did at 11 years of age.[/b]
IMAGINE if he didnt, that would be awful because he sang some of his best songs around the j5 days in my opinion!

My Girl and Ain no sunshine were awesome songs! the guy is so good that he makes it seem effortless!

IMAGINE if he didnt, that would be awful because he sang some of his best songs around the j5 days in my opinion!

My Girl and Ain no sunshine were awesome songs! the guy is so good that he makes it seem effortless![/b]

Exactly! I couldn't really change nothing about what has happened in Michael's career and the bottom line I think he wouldn't change it either.

Back in the 70s people were talking about Michael. I remember hearing family members discussing him with a kind of excitement that was infectious. They knew that he was something special. My mom loved Ben and we rocked that Christmas album like there was no tomorrow - especially Little Drummer Boy. Nobody sings that song like Michael. I can't help saying he had that indefinable quality that just said 'star'.

He just sounded so assured, so comfortable. He knew he was going places.

Back in the 70s people were talking about Michael. I remember hearing family members discussing him with a kind of excitement that was infectious. They knew that he was something special. My mom loved Ben and we rocked that Christmas album like there was no tomorrow - especially Little Drummer Boy. Nobody sings that song like Michael. I can't help saying he had that indefinable quality that just said 'star'.

Re: Serious topic: Lil' MJ solo records in Motown (early solo years)

I like earlier songs like WE'RE ALMOST THERE, because Michael's adult voice started manifesting itself in those tracks.Honestly I still have to grow into his stuff as a 14 year old and downwards.With the exception of WHO'S LOVIN YOU, I don't know but there's something about that song and the way he's singing it.How the hell did that little boy learn to emote like that? I appreciated his ability to emote more when I saw a 16 year old Chris Brown trying to emote on his song SAY GOODBYE, he looks so funny trying and I sympathise with him because emoting is not easy.Then I think of how 11 year old Michael easily did it even though he did not nkow what the hell he was singing about.You gotta appreciate Michael, you really have to..

But that's the beauty of it. Michael KNEW he was too young to be singing about love and love lost and all of that but he FELT it and vocally he was always much older than he seemed. That's why there's a paradox to how he carried on with life as he got older and started to feel like a kid at heart that needed love. It made for an interesting combination. That's what makes his earlier solo records special for me, that's why I made this topic so people could understand where Mike was coming from at the time.

TMan this is an awesome thread :)

Nice thread, I agree with everything. Especially this:
I agree with this subject totally. I have alwasy been dissapointed, especially when I look back through vintage Jacksons performaces... why do we, even as fans celebrate only the post Thriller MJ... when totality wise... he has always evolved and been groundbreaking from a small child and sexy symbol teen to the genius we recognize today. He is so much more than Thriller, Bad, Off The Wall, Dangerous and Invincible. He's all that and more. I wish people and fans included focussed on the whole picture one day. It would be totally osmosis for anyone to not like or at least consider the magic of his abilities then.

Back