Shana Mangatal is publishing a book on Michael's Birthday 2016

^ Like I said, this is now going in circles and I don't see a reason to keep going in circles over the same points again and again in novel length rants. As for LSA, if you want to argue with the points they make why don't you go there and argue with them on their forum?

Last edited:
^ if you want to argue with the points they make why don't you go there and argue with them on their forum?

Agreed.

That entire website is a toxic mess, and at least 90% of the people on lsa are MJ haters.
Most things said on that trashy website in regard to MJ should be taken with a grain of salt.
they should go argue with them ON lsa so the ratchetness from there won't rub of on MJJC.

Well whether someone else put the Vegas event out there or whatever...I applaud her ingenuity with making her dreams come true of getting to be with MJ to whatever extent she was able whether it meant coincidently working for his manager or becoming friendly with his nanny or living at the hotel where his fave magician performed or whatever ...whatever inroads, contact's she has and is brilliant with. She was confident he would hi for her and he did. I am impressed yet deeply dissappointed that she's not the personal confidant who could never would never and that's gonna have to be ok. Terrific ingenuity also to print to order so to say and maintain control if fan sites serve as feedback and content tweaking. I haven't been to her website because last I saw on lsa (theirs is the only other lively active discussion I can find) there was no exerpt yet available which could mean a lot of different things. Fortunately as MJ told Geraldo, the few are loyal and Are people who (even at this point) are keeping his business out of the public domain and I'm glad.

^ Like I said, this is now going in circles and I don't see a reason to keep going in circles over the same points again and again in novel length rants. As for LSA, if you want to argue with the points they make why don't you go there and argue with them on their forum?

Actually in my latest post I answered your latest questions which had little to do with out previous issues so how was that going in circles?
Did you even read my latest post or you just keep saying that we are going in circles?

I'd still would like to know your explanation as to why you believe, without any proof, that MJ had relationships with invisible women
while simultaneously not believing Shana because she has no proof? How can you have it both ways?

I can't join LSA for whatever reason they don't send a confirmation email.
I go there to find info but they don't even post the sources of what Shana or anyone supposedly said.
The latest one is Frank, they are going after him for supposedly setting up the ET interview
and promoting Shana's book. Where did that happen? Not in twitter, facebook or instagram.

Besides, the info about Las Vegas is relevant as to whether she was lying or not about that event
and I wondered whether anyone here knows about those supposed fake accounts and what proof is there
that it was Shana who created them.

Agreed.

That entire website is a toxic mess, and at least 90% of the people on lsa are MJ haters.
Most things said on that trashy website in regard to MJ should be taken with a grain of salt.
they should go argue with them ON lsa so the ratchetness from there won't rub of on MJJC.

Do you realize that I was talking about what MJ FANS were posting on the MJ forum on LSA?
Not haters, fans.

Last edited:
Actually in my latest post I answered your latest questions which had little to do with out previous issues so how was that going in circles?
Did you even read my latest post or you just keep saying that we are going in circles?

I'd still would like to know your explanation as to why you believe, without any proof, that MJ had relationships with invisible women
while simultaneously not believing Shana because she has no proof? How can you have it both ways?

I go there to find info but they don't even post the sources of what Shana or anyone supposedly said.
The latest one is Frank, they are going after him for supposedly setting up the ET interview
and promoting Shana's book. Where did that happen? Not in twitter, facebook or instagram.

Besides, the info about Las Vegas is relevant as to whether she was lying or not about that event
and I wondered whether anyone here knows about those supposed fake accounts and what proof is there
that it was Shana who created them.

Do you realize that I was talking about what MJ FANS were posting on the MJ forum on LSA?
Not haters, fans.

Yes I know that you were talking about fans, but even most of the MJ "fans" on that website come across as fake to me. :yes:
They don't really seem like MJ fans, they seem like the type of people that are fans of whatever artist is popular, I've seen some MJ "fans" on that website throw MJ under the bus to defend other artist on many occasions, and if you do things like that IMO you aren't an MJ fan.
At least that's how things were on lsa the last time I visited it.
I stopped visiting the lsa quite awhile ago because I got tired of the constant MJ bashing that went on there.
It was almost as bad as a YouTube comment section.

Last edited:
Yes I know that you were talking about fans, but even most of the MJ "fans" on that website come across as fake to me. :yes:
They don't really seem like MJ fans, they seem like the type of people that are fans of whatever artist is popular, I've seen some MJ "fans" on that website throw MJ under the bus to defend other artist on many occasions, and if you do things like that IMO you aren't an MJ fan.
At least that's how things were on lsa the last time I visited it.
I stopped visiting the lsa quite awhile ago because I got tired of the constant MJ bashing that went on there.
It was almost as bad as a YouTube comment section.
There are a lot of fans there in the MJ forum, but somebody had to help me out to understand it-everybody comes from different backgrounds, like here, but you don't have to be respectful there-you can say whatever you want. And non Michael fans go to the forum just to rile things up too-a lot.

Getting back to Shana-I'm not sure why any forum is making such a big deal out of her book-it's just going to go by the wayside like the ones by Frank, the bodyguards, Jermaine's, LaToya's new one, etc. etc. She'll be lucky to sell a few thousand copies. Even the ones by big publishers did nothing-I didn't see one solitary book hit the Best Seller lists-and nothing has been interesting enough for me to consider buying. Do I think Michael had a girlfriend or girlfriends? Yes. Is it Shana? Who knows. I'm irritated by the fact that all of these people have fans of their own.

There are a lot of fans there in the MJ forum, but somebody had to help me out to understand it-everybody comes from different backgrounds, like here, but you don't have to be respectful there-you can say whatever you want. And non Michael fans go to the forum just to rile things up too-a lot

I suppose.

:popcorn: She could have just posted her fan fiction online like the rest of us.

Kidding.

I can absolutely believe he had some type of fling with her, but I don't believe it was some deep abiding love of all time. I can imagine most women may have felt it could've been because they were naive about him though.

I had a feeling she would claim the Melissa thing as her LOL She doesn't think Mike could date any other woman? Though of course if she recognizes herself in it like having lunch with a towel over his head etc, then maybe it was. The bodyguards did say he used nicknames for women. Melissa never seemed like a big deal to me. "She told me she loved me and all that, right?" he was so casual about it. Like yeah this girl is so crazy about me and yeah anyway so...

For me what makes a story credible or not is just from being able to read what she says about how it all unfolded, how they dated in secret, what MJ was like etc There's surely a lot of confusing complicated issues that come about from dating someone like him, and it'll be the types of details and stories she'll use that'll either make it seem convincing or not.

The freakish comment - that's a blurb in a tabloid, so it could be possible that they asked her "So you wanted to date him even with his freakish looks?" and she was like, "Yes" and moved onto saying other things and the tabloid just turned it into, "Yes, despite his freakish appearance I was attracted to him".

I think she's very beautiful, was a huge fan of his, and MJ liked women who looked like her. So I can believe something happened. But this great big love affair of the ages? Nope. I mean, why didn't he even go back to her and have her kids after he divorced Lisa? Or with Debbie? Or after that? It's obvious she would've wanted kids with him so...

At this point I'm not against the women around him sharing their stories. I'm sick of all the other types of people who have shared their stories instead. At least a book which may include positive stories is a nice change.

First-time author Mangatal met her idol while working as a receptionist in Jackson's talent management office. From the beginning, their mutual attraction was obvious to her co-workers; it “was so strong it was impossible to ignore.” Shortly after their first kiss, she "just knew that Michael and I would soon be an official couple. In my mind, he was already my boyfriend." Despite his eccentricities—"every time it seemed he was acting normal and like a regular man—someone I could see myself having a real relationship with—he would revert back to this mask-wearing dude with a little boy by his side. It was difficult to understand”—her obsession remained. Mangatal details Jackson's work on his post-Thriller albums, his competitive nature and perfectionism, and his playful, pranksterish nature, which often came out on video sets. Unfortunately for her, she rebuffed several men and agency clients because "all of my thoughts and focus were totally consumed by one person—Michael." Unfortunately for readers, the author’s prose leaves much to be desired, with many passages seemingly pulled from an eighth-grader's diary—e.g., "Michael was like a drug I was addicted to”; "I am his forever”; and, regarding the child abuse allegations, "this beautiful, sweet soul couldn't harm a fly." The author seems to believe that their chemistry, her (limited) sexual experience with him, and his flirting with women on set definitely proves that Jackson was heterosexual. "Interacting with him,” writes Mangatal, “was sometimes like dealing with a 14-year-old boy—and it wasn’t an act. It was like he had stopped maturing emotionally the moment massive fame snatched away his childhood.”

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/shana-mangatal/michael-and-me-untold-story/

How is this supposed to help us with the allegations I have no idea. It doesn't seem to me it was anything serious between them, it seemes like mostly Shana's daydreamings and wishful thinkings of him and MJ flirting a little with her then pulling back.

Last edited:
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/shana-mangatal/michael-and-me-untold-story/

How is this supposed to help us with the allegations I have no idea. It doesn't seem to me it was anything serious between them, it seemes like mostly Shana's daydreamings and wishful thinkings of him and MJ flirting a little with her then pulling back.

It's so cringe worthy that I can only react to it with an image.
template.jpg

When I joined LSA, it took about three or four days to get a confirmation.

It's not an easy place to post in......I hope you don't regret signing up, redfrog.

Not haters, fans.

YUP. Quite an eye-opener.

When I joined LSA,

I'm not sure how long you've been a member there but I figured I'd give you a heads up.

It's only a matter of time until you get into a fight with someone, and it could be another MJ "fan" or a MJ hater, it's honestly everyone for themselves, so if someone is being nice don't believe them because they'll turn on you in two shakes of a lambs tail if you express and opinion they don't agree with.
If your an actual MJ fan on that website people feel as though they have carte Blanche to mess with you and start mess just for the sake starting mess.

Also last time I was there MJ's forum didn't seem to be moderated at all, so don't be surprised when you see MJ hate threads IN the MJ forum and they don't get deleted.

Last edited:

It seems like Shana has no problem with questionable innuendos which don't come out in favor of MJ at all. I thought it was his marriages with other women that prevented them from having a relationship (which doesn't make any sense) but now it's about him "reverting back" to "the dude with a little boy on his side"

tumblr_m0fj7iQ0Li1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

"every time it seemed he was acting normal and like a regular man—someone I could see myself having a real relationship with—he would revert back to this mask-wearing dude with a little boy by his side. It was difficult to understand”

Did that just say she couldn't see herself with him since he wasn't a regular man who she could not get intimate enough with for him to take off his mask and show up without his little bodyguard/s and therefore could not (did not) have a real relationship with?

And how is she supposed to be able to help the world or fans understand him if SHE doesn't or didnt

And the purpose of the book...?

Is it just to make MJ look like what the world already thinks? That's all it seems to be accomplishing so far...well and getting attention ..

I have to believe there's a hidden surprise

Last edited:

How is this supposed to help us with the allegations I have no idea.

If this is all there is her book must be no more than one page.
As I said unless she gives a complete and detailed timeline of all her interractions with MJ
with facts that can be verified and a narrative that's plausible she should go **** herself. She should tell everything particularly
about the 1990-1994 period. She already told way more than just daydreaming and wishful thinking in various facebook posts and in the ET interview so what makes you think that her book has less than that?

The reviewer sounds like someone who cannot fathom that MJ was attracted to women and who ridicules the very notion that MJ couldn't hurt a fly and was a beautiful sweet soul. I remember reading similar biased reviews of Frank's book and Schmuley's book.

It doesn't seem to me it was anything serious between them, it seemes like mostly Shana's daydreamings and wishful thinkings of him and MJ flirting a little with her then pulling back.

It doesn't have to be serious, what does that mean anyway? A romance is not serious. I wouldn't even call his relationship with Lisa serious as it went south real fast.
If true the very fact that MJ was interested in a sexual relationship with her during the
very period when he was supposedly madly in love with Safechuck to a point of marrying him!, Robson and Chandler would make them look ridiculous, especially since Safechuck is doing his best to portray MJ as someone who disliked women.
Lifelong serial boy molesters are not interested in gorgeous women and do not have secret romances with them, they don't even flirt with them or make out with them or dream about having a relationship with them, don't have intimate phone conversations with them either. If you think they do name one.

More importantly what matters is what she knew about the Robsons, Safechucks, Chandlers and their interractions with MJ.
She said she became close to MJ between 1990-1994 that's precisely the period relevant to the allegations.
If she knows very little she is not very useful.
But if she indeed talked to MJ almost every day during the Chandler shitstorm she should tell everything she heard especially if she talked with him during the period between July 9 and Aug 17 1993, this is the period the media especially likes to ignore for obvious reasons.

If what she told is the truth she is a very relevant witness. If she lied or is too stupid to communicate what she witnessed in a forceful and convincing way she should go **** herself, simple as that.

I must say that her interview with Radar was well intentioned but quite lame and she offered nothing specific about why his accusers were full of shit. She doesn't come across as very smart for sure.

"and, regarding the child abuse allegations, "this beautiful, sweet soul couldn't harm a fly." The author seems to believe that their chemistry, her (limited) sexual experience with him, and his flirting with women on set definitely proves that Jackson was heterosexual"

I find this fairly neutral stating factually what was written in the book which was indeed in defense although I sense the reviewer is saying that it has a tone of triteness or lameness. to say, this beautiful, sweet soul couldn't harm a fly." Its yet another "MJ insight" which is. not new to anyone because it is already said by each and every MJ supporter

When it comes to this part:

"The author seems to believe that their chemistry, her (limited) sexual experience with him, and his flirting with women on set definitely proves that Jackson was heterosexual"

I feel the second paragraph is acknowledging what the author seems to believe. I'm not getting a sense of "editorializing" from it...although it has a tone to me that could indicate that the reviewer is saying that the author doesn't seem to know that pedophiles can be bisexual and bisexuals can flirt with women...which undoutedly was explained to her probably after her disorderly ET appearance so she would understand why it was out of order for her to do that, apart from the fact that it was not done in tandem with MJ's legal team. But she knew that. . .just saying...I felt objectivity from the reviewer overall ...my 2cw

I'll add...No female self proclaimed sexual partners of MJ were asked to offer that evidence, not secret ones nor known ones, possibly for that reason. The operative word is "prove". It sadly doesn't necessarily "prove" a thing. and I am sure every woman MJ ever showed interest in, especially was intimate with, was tempted to do the same thing...tell the world..but did not out of respect for MJ's respect of the legal process.

Plus proof that MJ liked women is not needed as it is already a well known fact among old timers and any one of them could have been called if it would have helped.

All the women in the world that MJ loved, liked, dreamed of, pursued, couldn't make pedo charges null and void imo there has to be reasonable doubt of the charges at hand which Mez squashed brilliantly.

That why I can't figure out what this book is out to prove other than ... well...the obvious I guess...same purpose as the ET appearance I guess.

Last edited:
If this is all there is her book must be no more than one page.
As I said unless she gives a complete and detailed timeline of all her interractions with MJ
with facts that can be verified and a narrative that's plausible she should go **** herself. She should tell everything particularly
about the 1990-1994 period. She already told way more than just daydreaming and wishful thinking in various facebook posts and in the ET interview so what makes you think that her book has less than that?.

Even if it's just one page in the book, it's the one page that debunks everything else. Also, You clearly think that his relationship with Lisa Marie Presley can't prove anything that it's actually hilarious to see you obsessing with a 'relationship' that was obviously much , much less than that, if it ever happened at all. I don't think you even realize how illogical it is.

InvincibleTal;4151286 said:
Even if it's just one page in the book, it's the one page that debunks everything else.

I wish it debunked everything to make things clear already but this review does not suggest let alone state that she invented a sexual relationship or even that she exaggerates her relationship with MJ. It reveals that she became obsessed with him (totally believable) while MJ only had some fun without commitment (flirting, kissing, limited sexual relationship fall into that category)
Sounds similar to MJ's on and off relationship with Lisa after the divorce and it's actually consistent with what MJ and Glenda said:

MJ: "I trust her. Even though we had a little falling out. I ruin my own relationships, Agree?"
Glenda: "You sabotage your relationships"

and what he told Schmuley:

"I'm not easy and I know I'm not easy. Because I'll give all my time to someone else. And women want to be the center."

As for him alternating between being a regular dude, a red blooded man if you will, and an eccentric 14 year old and how
difficult that was to understand, nothing new there:

David Foster ( Mutual Friend of MJ and Lisa Marie) :
“Michael was also interesting to hang out with. The better I got to know him, the more elusive he seemed. One moment, in a little-boy voice, he would curse the head of Sony Music. ‘That Tommy Mottola is a mean person,’ he’d say, sounding like a six-year-old. In the studio, he’d be a pro, a regular guy, and we really connected. And with Lisa Marie Presley, whom he was dating at the time, he would be somebody else entirely.

At one point on the road, he turned to her and said, "Lisa, come here, sit next to me." And he said it as a totally common guy , not with a boy's voice or something. It was a tone of voice like - you come here and you're going to sit here with me babe. - And she did it without even doubt it . I was impressed, and at the same time confused. I mean, who is this guy ?

http://iremembermjj.tumblr.com/post/251379777

Frank Cascio, Mark Lester, Michael Peters, Kit Culkin, Lisa Marie all described the same phenomenon.
"He can switch between being a 12-year-old and being a 45-year-old".
http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/05/0...er-is-not-the-father-of-michael-jacksons-kids
''He is this constant dichotomy of man and child."
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/14/arts/michael-jackson-at-25-a-musical-phenomenon.html?pagewanted=2
" He's a kid, and other kids sense that in him. "
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/lisa_marie_playboy_interview.shtml
and then "In every sense it was a normal marriage"

Did Lisa debunk her claim that they had a normal marriage by saying that MJ was a kid? One could say you cannot have a normal
marriage with a kid but in MJ's case you could.

I also understand how this constant dichotomy could make someone who wanted a "real" relationship with him frustrated.

SB: Michael, have you never met a woman like that who loves those same things, who'd play hide
and seek with you, who'd love the water fights with you?
MJ: Not yet. The ones I have had are jealous of the children. All of them. They get jealous of
their own kids and start competing with them. That rubs me in a bad way.

She said she won't be sugar coating things and sure at least in these in these quotes. she is not.
They do not debunk anything she previously said but obviously they don't convince me that she was really close to MJ during the allegations.
The quotes are random and out of context, the reviewer sounds cynical and biased so I want more info to make up my mind.

InvincibleTal;4151286 said:
Also, You clearly think that his relationship with Lisa Marie Presley can't prove anything that it's actually hilarious to see you obsessing with a 'relationship' that was obviously much , much less than that, if it ever happened at all. I don't think you even realize how illogical it is.

1. Lisa has a history of saying shitty things about MJ and being wishy-washy regarding his innocence. That alone eliminates her as a useful witness, I think it's obvious why. And I'm not the one who says his marriage was a sham others who knew little about MJ's life do which is about 90% of the public. It's a widely held belief, unfortunately. How many times did you read and hear this? I stopped counting.

"I know that he and Lisa Marie (Presley) were absolutely 100% in love because I was around them, and it was amazing," Foster said. "It was a great love story. I know that."
Jackson and Presley were married for 18 months in the mid-1990s, but many believe the marriage was a sham.
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrities/2011/01/10/16827991.html

2. Regarding their probative value when it comes to someone branded as a serial molester exclusively attracted to boys a secret romance with a woman is not LESS than a marriage it's MORE and I already explained why so I wonder whether you deny this: compulsive boy molesters may get married. But they do not have liaisons with women as there is no other reason why someone would have that other than his genuine sexual attraction to women which these disgusting creeps not NOT have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygrd29-_O3I
If you know better please show examples where serial boy molesters behaved with a woman like Shana says MJ behaved with her.

Look at it this way: if MJ had had casual sex with women would you say their "relationship" was "much much less" than what he had with Lisa? I suppose you would. But would you use that behavior to demonstrate that MJ was not a serial boy molester, that he didn't fit the profile at all? Don't you think such behavior would make it very difficult for Robson, Safechuck, Chandler to argue that he was sexually attracted to them? Why do you think Zonen was so hellbent to convince the jury that MJ was not interested in women?
Don't you think Robson's lawyer would try to do the same?

3. I still haven't got an answer why you or anyone would think he had sexual relationships with invisible women when there's no proof of that at all and at the same time you demand proof from Shana who was at least visible and did know MJ between 1988 and 2009. Isn't that illogical? How can you have it both ways?

It also doesn't help that fans make shit up and put words in people's mouth instead of using only facts to discredit Shana.
It's getting ridiculous.

bill.jpg

Last edited:
Lisa wasn't wishy-washy about his innocence. What fans take issues with is that she said "I wasn't in the room". Which is simply a fact. And that fact is also true of Shana so if Shana is on the stand and she will be asked if she was in the room with MJ and the kid she too will have to honestly answer "no". Otherwise Lisa always stated she never saw anything suspicious or anything that made her think he molested children. She could only talk about what she personally witnessed, she could not testify about something she didn't - and nor can Shana. In fact, even in her angry phase Lisa said she would have hung him on a tree by his balls if she had thought the allegations were true. The fact she let her own children around MJ tells everything you need to know about what Lisa thought about those allegations.

Also the idea that Shana would make a better witness just because she was always nice about MJ as opposed to Lisa is ridiculous. If anything, the fact that even in her most angry phase Lisa always stuck to the fact that they had a real marriage is more convincing to me than someone who wants attention and to sell books with this story claiming a 20 years of relationship, based on hardly anything substantial.

And things like these are just as easily twisted by haters and used against MJ as anything Lisa had ever said:

In my mind, he was already my boyfriend." Despite his eccentricities—"every time it seemed he was acting normal and like a regular man—someone I could see myself having a real relationship with—he would revert back to this mask-wearing dude with a little boy by his side. It was difficult to understand”

You keep going on about how many people believe MJ and Lisa's marriage was a sham. What exactly makes you believe that the same people will be convinced by Shana's story? Especially when even 90% of the fandom doesn't seem to be convinced by it. It's obvious from the review that outsiders are not very convinced by her defense of MJ either:

"The author seems to believe that their chemistry, her (limited) sexual experience with him, and his flirting with women on set definitely proves that Jackson was heterosexual. "Interacting with him,” writes Mangatal, “was sometimes like dealing with a 14-year-old boy—and it wasn’t an act. It was like he had stopped maturing emotionally the moment massive fame snatched away his childhood.”

Last edited:
Redfrog, it is evident that you have spent so much time talking with haters that you actually accommodated to their irrational and illogical line of "reasoning". You cannot defend MJ in any way while thinking like a hater. Their twisted way of thinking (and apparently yours) is not the way reality works - and not how the courthouse works either. At this point you're just bringing up fallacies and groundless arguments just so you can make your theory seem flawless and push it down everyone's throats. Stop quoting BS that has nothing to do with reality.

If you have anything else besides weak haters quotes and tabloids excerpts, we can continue this. His relationship with Lisa Marie is a relationship that was proven to be real numerous times before. But I'm letting you know right now (before you write another never-ending essay that makes scrolling down so damn annoying for no apparent reason) that I will NOT have a back and forth of "but haters say that..." with you again. If I wanted to argue with haters I would have gone to their websites and do it so I'm not going to do that with you here just so you can maintain your Shana fantasy.

Lisa wasn't wishy-washy about his innocence. What fans take issues with is that she said "I wasn't in the room". Which is simply a fact. And that fact is also true of Shana so if Shana is on the stand and she will be asked if she was in the room with MJ and the kid she too will have to honestly answer "no". Otherwise Lisa always stated she never saw anything suspicious or anything that made her think he molested children. She could only talk about what she personally witnessed, she could not testify about something she didn't - and nor can Shana. In fact, even in her angry phase Lisa said she would have hung him on a tree by his balls if she had thought the allegations were true. The fact she let her own children around MJ tells everything you need to know about what Lisa thought about those allegations.

It's so not helping that fans make shit up and put words in people's mouth instead of using only facts :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
Lisa wasn't wishy-washy about his innocence. What fans take issues with is that she said "I wasn't in the room". Which is simply a fact.

1. She said worse things than that. Let's put aside all her talk about Mj's "constant manipulation".
Let's put aside that even after MJ died she didn't fail to note that perhaps there was some suspect timing on his part.
How come you and I KNOW that the Chandlers made it up and she after more than two years
of knowing him did not?

Back then did you ever worry or even think whether there could be any truth in what he was accused of?

'Did I ever worry? Of course I ****ing worried. Yeah. I did. But I could only come up with what he told me. The only two people that were in the room was him and that kid, so how the hell was I going to know??
I could only go off what he told me'.

And what do you think now?

She purses her lips. 'I don't know. I still don't know.
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview-lisamarie-rollingstone.shtml

If this is not wishy-washy I don't know what is. Compare this to what Debbie and Shana said: he is NOT a pedophile
and he was NOT a child molester, period. They knew but Lisa Marie didn't?

2. The entire argument that "i cannot know for sure because I was not in the room" is a fallacy.
By the same token she should say we cannot know whether Sandusky molested Aaron Fisher because we were not in the room. There are obviously many ways to establish whether an accuser tells the truth.

3. That she let her own kids be with MJ would be a strong argument indeed IF she had not expressed doubt about his innocence and yes when someone says I don't know I still don't know that's doubt. "People could ask well if you didn't know for sure how could you let your kids be with him? I would never do that if it was my kid. You put your kids at risk just because you were obsessed with him"

And that fact is also true of Shana so if Shana is on the stand and she will be asked if she was in the room with MJ and the kid she too will have to honestly answer "no".

Also the idea that Shana would make a better witness just because she was always nice about MJ as opposed to Lisa is ridiculous. If anything, the fact that even in her most angry phase Lisa always stuck to the fact that they had a real marriage is more convincing to me than someone who wants attention and to sell books with this story claiming a 20 years of relationship, based on hardly anything substantial.

1. The point is not whether she was in the room but whether she has a coherent story of her relationship with MJ, whether she has proof and whether she was close enough to MJ during the very period when he learned about Evan's filthy plans in July 1993 and whether she has info about what MJ did, how he reacted what the Chandlers were doing etc. In other words whether she was a CREDIBLE WITNESS or not.
I didn't say that she would be a better witness JUST BECAUSE she has always been nice to MJ. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Go back and read the 2. point at the end of my previous post apparently you ignored that and dodged my question.

2. I'm convinced that MJ and Lisa had a real marriage so you are beating a dead horse again. The issue is not me or you but the general public. If Shana does not have proof, if she cannot provide a full timeline of her relationship with MJ with details and all she is just as useless as Lisa "I wasn't in the room so I don't know whether he is pedo" Marie Presley.

3. No I'm not convinced at all that Shana is telling the truth. I have made that clear 581765 times already and you keep ignoring it.
It's just that a lot of fans have made up their mind already without even knowing what's in her book and I just don't see what actual facts they have to be so certain. Am I missing something? Some massive contradiction? Someone close to her refuting her?
Some blatant lie she told about MJ or anyone else?

4. You dodged these questions:
Could you name any serial boy molester who have "secret romances" with beautiful women?
Would you say if MJ had had casual sex with multiple women that that would be LESS effective to refute Robson/Safechuck
than having a marriage to one woman for less than two years?
How come you don't believe Shana because she has not shown proof and at the same time
you believe MJ had sexual relationships with invisible women when there's no proof of that at all?

Redfrog, it is evident that you have spent so much time talking with haters that you actually accommodated to their irrational and illogical line of "reasoning". You cannot defend MJ in any way while thinking like a hater. Their twisted way of thinking (and apparently yours) is not the way reality works - and not how the courthouse works either. At this point you're just bringing up fallacies and groundless arguments just so you can make your theory seem flawless and push it down everyone's throats. Stop quoting BS that has nothing to do with reality.

Like what hater reasoning did I accommodate? Be specific.
I have no idea what exactly you consider fallacy, groundless argument and what's the BS which has "nothing to do with reality".
That MJ's marriage with Lisa being a PR move is a baseless but widely held belief?
That the Lanning report and the profile of serial molesters could be relevant at a trial?
That the "courtroom worked" in a way that THREE people who were not rabid haters wanted to vote guilty because they believed MJ was sexually attracted to boys? It DID happen. They changed their vote because of the high standard of proof that won't be available in a civil court. There an effective argument should be made about MJ's REAL sexual history. Do you deny that?

I don't have any Shana fantasy. Unlike you I just want to know the full truth about her claims and I just haven't seen
any proof here or on LSA that she is a liar. There's a lot of claims on LSA about inconsistencies but they don't provide sources.

It's so not helping that fans make shit up and put words in people's mouth instead of using only facts :smilerolleyes:

Are you rolling your eyes because you think Shana made shit up or I made shit up or you think
fans hostile toward Shana didn't make shit up at all?
That fan DID put words in Bill Whitfield's mouth in order to discredit her. Bill did not say that he didn't notice signs that MJ and
Shana had anything. Why make up stuff like that when they have real evidence against her? It makes no sense.

Last edited:
^ I am not saying Lisa could not have defended him better but I cannot see how Shana's defense with sentences like that serve him any better. They give just as much ammunition for haters to twist and interpret things into it as anything Lisa said. And it is in a book not in an interview where you might have had difficulty in expressing yourself precisely or in a well thought-out manner - which IMO LMP often does have a problem with and also often she was forced on the defensive by the media when she said those things. With Shana, apparently she voluntarily put such a little remark in her book. Why did she even have to put it like that? It's so unnecessary.

You also ignore the difference in their position and state of mind when they said things. Lisa was an ex with whom MJ's relationship ended on bad terms and she was obviously angry with him and trying to distance herself from him emotionally at the time. While that resulted in some bitter and not too fortunate comments but nothing that proves she believed MJ to be a child molester. You are dragging out some comments by her but you (purposefully?) omit some other things she said (even then while she was very angry with MJ). For example that "I don't know. I wasn't there" comment in its FULL context - the full paragraph:

She purses her lips. 'I don't know. I still don't know. I wasn't there. I never saw anything else that could possibly lead to that. And there's two sides of it. There's the side of the dad. Why would the dad take the ****ing money? If I had a kid and he was molested, I would ****ing take that guy and hang him by his balls off a tree and let him sit there and die like that. Nobody could buy me, ever, if my child were molested. **** that. I don't care if I didn't have a penny -- I would take his ass down in front of everybody'.

In fact, when the media tried to twist a comment LMP made about "seeing things" into a suggestion that she was talking about suspicious "things" between MJ and children she was quick to release a statement to refute that interpretation and she said she was talking about things of other nature, nothing to do with the allegations.

Also, you ignore that Evan Chandler already sued her once and caused her legal trouble for defending MJ and for definitely stating that he was not a child molester which might have to do with why she was more cautious in definitely stating anything the next time. Yes, that is cowardly, but her state of mind at the time was that she was angry with MJ and so she wouldn't get into any more trouble with the Chandlers for him.

Shana, on the other hand, is writing a book and her semi-fame and Facebook popularity much depends on this MJ connection and also on her connection with MJ fans. So her not having the same bitter tone as LMP means little to me in terms of credibility or usability in a court. She is trying to maintain a following within the MJ fandom and now sell a book to fans, after all.

In fact, LMP's behaviour is much more credible as an ex than Shana's. When things go sour with someone you had a real relationship with the way Lisa behaved is a lot more credible than what Shana says about MJ just calling her and apologizing for marrying Lisa instead of her. Sorry, but when there is really something going on between you and a guy and he pulls that on you you will be mad with fury not just accept an apology on the phone and keep smiling and waiting some more.

And I'd like to know how it would be considered by fans if it was Lisa reposting such "jokes" on her social media: https://www.instagram.com/p/43H-uqmjbb/?taken-by=shanamangatal&hl=en

No lawyer would ask such a stupid question and you know it.

If Shana went up on that stand and would state things like "he never molested any child" the stupid thing from an opposing lawyer would be NOT to point out how she cannot be 100% sure about that unless she was with MJ at all times. So I am pretty sure an opposing lawyer would do that and would make her admit she wasn't in the room with the kid and MJ.

I'm convinced that MJ and Lisa had a real marriage so you are beating a dead horse again. The issue is not me or you but the general public.

People believe the marriage was a sham not because of anything that Lisa said but because their prejudices about MJ. And those prejudices would also be there with Shana on the stand. Only, as of now, Shana has much less in support of the claim that her relationship with MJ even existed. She should have some seriously convincing evidence for people even to consider believing her. Based on what she's been telling so far to represent her as a long time girlfriend of MJ in a court would only make MJ's defense look very desperate.

And another thing is that most people believe it was a sham because they never actually heard Lisa say it wasn't. Not because she didn't say it - she did several times - but because she is just not on most people's radar. For example, once I went to a forum that has nothing to do with MJ where the topic of LMP leaving Scientology came up. And during that conversation some people brought up how they hoped this would mean that now she would finally be free to "reveal" things about her marriage to MJ because they were convinced it was arranged by Scientology and it was fake. These people obviously talked out of a position of ignorance and they obviously never had seen Lisa's 2010 interview with Oprah, never heard her last album, let alone anything else she said about that marriage because if they did they would not have such foolish hopes. They obviously do not have any other information about that marriage than the very basic info that is often repeated in tabloids: that it lasted only a few months. They don't know they kept seeing each other for several more years. They don't know that Lisa always maintained, even at more most angry stage, that the marriage was real. They don't know that MJ had never had anything to do with Scientology and the marriage had nothing to do with Scientology. So most people believe it to be a sham out of simple ignorance. But all these can be explained and shown to a jury, if Lisa is on the stand.

Obviously there are things about Lisa that an opposing lawyer can attack, but there are a lot more such things about Shana at the moment.

How come you don't believe Shana because she has not shown proof and at the same time
you believe MJ had sexual relationships with invisible women when there's no proof of that at all?

LOL. You are so proud of this argument of yours that you keep pressing me with this foolish question, when it is simply based on your misrepresentation of what I said - and once again on your inability to grasp what kind of statements require a burden of proof and what don't.

This is what I said.

I agree that there can be several explanations besides either a child molester or asexual - which is what my point was about your asexual argument all along. I'm glad we finally agree. I also think we do not necessarily know everything about MJ's private life, so just because we don't see something it doesn't mean it doesn't exist (eg. women in his life).

I still don't see any problem with this statement, nor does it put any burden of proof on me. I simply stated the obvious that we may not know about everyone and everything in MJ's private life and that doesn't mean something we do not know doesn't exist. I never claimed to have actual knowledge about other women in his life. To compare it to Shana's burden of proof is just more evidence that you just don't grasp how arguments work and what kind of statements have a burden of proof and what don't. Shana is not simply lamenting about possibilities like I do in the above statement. Shana is out there claiming a concrete relationship and she is writing a book about that. That is a concrete claim that she needs to back up.

Last edited:
I have already stated that I will not have a "but haters say..." discussion with you again, castor - sorry, redfrog, but since you asked I will only point out few things:

a) You have absolutely no idea who has the burden of proof in any given argument.
b) You are taking things out of their context, omitting facts and posting half quotes to make them fit your own agenda.
c) You give more weight to speculations than you give to actual facts.
d) You put words in people's mouth.
e) You see no difference between 'knowing' and 'believing'.
f) You constantly and desperately embrace stories/theories that cannot be proven.

And until Shana provides a proof to her romantic relationship with MJ it is nothing more than a wishful thinking on your part because you want to use it in your arguments with haters. Which is not the case with LMP. But unlike you, I really don't have a personal stake in this issue simply because I don't look at MJ only through "guilty-not guilty" goggles and think how I'm going to make every little insignificant story I read about him a proof he's not guilty.

And I am rolling my eyes because it's rich that you claim people are putting words in Shana's mouth and in the same breath you do the same with others.

Last edited:
HIStoric;4149548 said:
"Originally Posted by Paris78
"In Michael and Me: The Untold Story of Michael Jackson’s Secret Romance, Shana Mangatal finally publicizes her well-kept secret in a raw, honest and highly readable memoir. Sometimes strange, sometimes surprising, Michael and Me is the story that Jackson fans have been waiting for."

Yeah... no. Just no.

Hahaaa!!! lol :rofl:

Have I really been waiting for it though? Have I??? lol smh...

I don't want to definitely say that there was nothing between them, cuz I wasn't sitting there between them nor was I listening in on their phonecalls to say what exactly did or did not go down.

But there was a smorgasbord of girls that had Michael bat his eyelashes at them or have a phonecall with him and swearrrrr that they were engaged lol. Michael was a big flirt, to them the day Michael paid them a little extra attention was the most important day of their lives, for Michael, it was a Tuesday lol.

Honestly who friggin knows. Must not have been that close though, they were never seen out together as a pair publicly so... :shrugs:

Last edited:
Hahaaa!!! lol :rofl:

Have I really been waiting for it though? Have I??? lol smh...

I don't want to definitely say that there was nothing between them, cuz I wasn't sitting there between them nor was I listening in on their phonecalls to say what exactly did or did not go down.

But there was a smorgasbord of girls that had Michael bat his eyelashes at them or have a phonecall with him and swearrrrr that they were engaged lol. Michael was a big flirt, to them the day Michael paid them a little extra attention was the most important day of their lives, for Michael, it was a Tuesday lol.

Honestly who friggin knows. Must not have been that close though, they were never seen out together as a pair publicly so... :shrugs:

LOL. So prolly we can expect a lot more books like: "Michael and (insert your name here)" :cheeky:

So, Shana put an excerpt on her website. I'm copying and pasting it over for everybody to read-it's kinda funny. Very romantic.

• PROLOGUE

Dreams do come true. It could happen to you.
    —Walt Disney

It was March 5, 1988.
    The city lights soared past me as the Yellow Cab wove in and
    out of busy traffic. The energy of New York City was an intoxicant,
    invigorating every moment. The city had a pulse so strong, it felt
    like it must be the epicenter of the universe.

As we pulled up to Madison Square Garden, the butterflies in
    my stomach flew faster. I felt that I was about to step into a piece
    of history. I was right: this night would set me on a course that
    would change my life.

We had arrived in New York just a few hours earlier after a fourand-
    a- half- hour drive from our hometown in Largo, Maryland, a
    suburb of Washington, DC. My aunt Vera had driven my friend
    Tracy and me in her brand-new silver Nissan Maxima. That car
    was all the rage that year because it talked, telling you important
    things like “Your lights are on.” I always got a kick out of riding
    in it. Sometimes we would purposely leave the lights on just so we
    could hear it talk.

We were here to see Michael Jackson in concert—he was on his
    Bad tour. I had been looking forward to this day for months. I was
    seventeen, and Michael was my idol.

We found our seats, which were behind the stage. At first I was
    upset that they were so bad. When I purchased the tickets, they
    hadn’t informed me that the seats would be in an obstructed view
    area. As the show went on, however, I grew to like them. It gave me

a different vantage point. From behind, you could catch a glimpse
    of how the magic was made, and I could see him walking off and
    on stage before the curtain was raised. I had always been obsessed
    with magicians like David Copperfield. I was the type who would
    watch a trick over and over so that I could figure out how the illusion
    was created. The creation of an illusion is what fascinated me about
    Michael. I always suspected his Peter Pan image was just a facade.
    And now I could glimpse the real Michael, behind the curtain.
    After a couple songs, the charm of sitting behind the stage wore
    off, and we decided to walk around to see if we could snag some
    better seats. Since we were already behind the stage, we easily
    made our way onto the floor without anyone checking for tickets.
    We spotted an empty area in the front row, and blended in there
    as if we belonged. We managed to stay in our newfound frontrow
    seats for the remainder of the concert. I couldn’t believe how
    lucky we were.

This experience was completely different from sitting behind
    the stage. Michael was right there, as if he were performing in my
    living room. And he was overwhelmingly sexy. He wore black pants
    with silver buckles, which showcased his perfect body—especially his
    round backside. They were so tight; I could see everything. It was like
    he was dancing naked in front of me for two hours. It was so intense
    and exhilarating, inspiring feelings that I had never felt before.
    During the song “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” he and Sheryl
    Crow, who was his background singer back then, came together and
    started dancing closely. He started rubbing his crotch while he was
    singing to her, so much that he became noticeably excited. I could
    not believe my eyes. I felt like I was going to faint from shock. It
    was like I was seeing something I wasn’t supposed to see. I was
    overwhelmed. I had read so many tabloid stories painting Michael
    as this asexual man- child that I was not expecting this at all.
    He then launched into a beautiful rendition of his hit song
    “Human Nature.” “See that girl—she knows I’m watching. She likes
    the way I stare.” As his smooth voice effortlessly glided over the lyrics,
    he pointed right to me. I squealed so loud, he started smiling. I
    had been screaming the whole time, so there was no doubt he had
    noticed me before then. He kept glancing at me for the remainder
    of the concert and I was sure we had made a love connection.

I talked endlessly about that magical moment with my aunt Vera
    and Tracy during the entire cab ride back to the hotel. “Did you see
    him point to me when he said ‘See that girl’? We made eye contact!
    He was looking at me the whole concert. I know he saw me!”
    “Yes, he did point at you. I saw it.” Tracy said, probably just
    hoping I would shut up.

We had left at the beginning of the last song, “Man in the Mirror,”
    to beat the traffic. We also wanted to arrive back at the hotel
    before Michael so that we could try to catch a glimpse of him
    returning from the show.

The Helmsley Palace on the corner of Fiftieth Street and Madison
    Avenue was a luxurious, majestic skyscraper fifty- five floors
    high, directly across the street from St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Stepping
    into the lobby made you feel like royalty—the decor was
    classic, literally like a palace. I had read in magazines that this
    was Michael’s favorite place to stay while in New York and I was
    hoping this time would be no different. When we had checked in
    earlier, we noticed a group of fans waiting across the street, and
    I knew that my research had paid off. Michael was staying there.
    I was so relieved.

As our cab pulled up to the entrance at around eleven, the group
    of about a hundred fans were still gathered across the street behind
    a barricade. A glimpse of Michael was all they wanted. Some held
    signs with Michael’s picture; others were decked out in Michael’s
    signature costume: high- water pants, a fedora, and one sparkly white
    glove. They were chanting, “Michael! Michael! Michael!” hoping to
    get his attention. New York City police manned the area, making
    sure the crowd didn’t get out of control. This scene would repeat
    itself in every city Michael traveled to. At this moment, he was truly
    the king of the world.

Whenever Michael came to any town, the place stood still. It was
    as if pixie dust had been sprinkled over it. Everything seemed more
    alive, more beautiful—more magical. I distinctly remember being
    excited simply because Michael was breathing the same air, feeling
    the same weather, and seeing the same sights as I was.
    Back then, Michael mania was in full effect. When he came to
    town, vendors would set up on every block, selling buttons and
    T- shirts and anything else they could stick his image on. It seemed

like the entire world was under Michael’s spell. New York City was
    no different on this balmy night.

We exited our cab and a surly hotel security guard stopped us
    at the revolving doors. “I’m sorry, but only guests of the hotel are
    allowed in the lobby.” Aunt Vera proudly produced the card key
    to our room. That was the magic ticket. The guard’s demeanor
    instantly changed to warmth and we were promptly escorted into
    the elegant lobby.

I felt so special as I looked back at the growing crowd of screaming
    fans being held at bay across the street. Some shouted, “La Toya!,”
    mistaking me for Michael’s beautiful older sister. I chuckled under
    my breath but felt honored to be mistaken for anyone in the Jackson
    family. I reveled in the moment and waved to the crowd. They
    screamed even louder.

We headed for the elevators to our room. Just then, I saw Michael
    getting out of a glass elevator from the parking garage. We had managed
    somehow to arrive at the hotel at the same time. He walked
    in with a black towel around his neck and a big brown coat. He
    spotted me and started staring. I waved. He waved back.

“Oh my God, Tracy! Did you see that? He recognized me! I know
    he did.” I was so giddy, I was talking a mile a minute. “I know he
    saw me in the audience! I cannot believe this. Did you see him wave?
    We have got to meet him tonight, no matter what.”

In my teenage mind, Michael’s wave was all the proof I needed
    that we had made a love connection. There was no way I was going
    back to Maryland without at least trying to meet him. I had caught
    his attention. I couldn’t turn back now.

With a cool swagger, Michael strolled onto one of the special
    elevators that were guarded by security. These private elevators
    only stopped on the top floors, where the penthouses were
    located. Through our investigations, Tracy and I had found out that
    Michael’s suite was on the fifty- third floor. We started devising a
    plan. The elevators we had access to didn’t go to those floors, of
    course. They could only be reached by those private elevators. We
    decided that the only way to reach his floor would be to bypass the
    elevator altogether and walk . . . up the stairs . . . fifty- three flights.
    When you’re young your brain thinks differently. You feel invincible
    and don’t think about consequences. Yeah, we were young

and crazy, and clearly in good physical shape. We trudged up those
    stairs without a second thought. Our minds were focused on one
    thing and one thing only: getting to Michael.

When we finally reached the floor, I opened the door that led to
    the hallway. To our surprise, our plan had worked. As we turned
    the corner, I spotted Chuck, Michael’s main bodyguard, with his
    trademark black top hat that I had seen him wearing in pictures
    with Michael. I thought that we would immediately be kicked off
    the floor, because he looked imposing. Michael’s entire security staff
    was there.

I boldly approached Chuck and told him that I had seen him
    in Japan.
    He said, “Oh, you were there?”
    “No, on TV,” I said.
    Everyone laughed. I guess they were used to fans following
    Michael all over the world.
    Tracy asked Chuck if he could get Michael’s autograph for her.
    He said that would be no problem at all.
    Just then, Emmanuel Lewis, famous for playing Webster on
    the sitcom of the same name, emerged from what appeared to be
    Michael’s suite. He was shockingly tiny, only a little taller than my
    knee. I think we were close to the same age. Chuck asked Emmanuel
    if he could get Michael’s autograph for Tracy. He said, “Sure.” Then
    I decided I wanted one too.
    “Get me one too, please,” I said as I ran after him.
    “Whose do you want? Mine or his?”
    Not wanting to hurt Emmanuel’s feelings, I said, “Both.”
    He said, “No, you probably want Michael’s. I’ll get it.” Before
    walking back into the suite, he asked us to write our names on a
    sheet of paper so that Michael could personalize our autographs.
    Back then, an autograph was equivalent to a selfie. We didn’t
    have cell phones, so a camera wasn’t always readily available; an
    autograph was the only proof you could show your friends that you
    actually met a celebrity. I hadn’t even brought a camera on this trip.
    None of us had. Times were different then. Our memories and, in
    my case, my diaries, are all we now have.

Hilary, another member of Michael’s security team, whispered
    to Chuck, “Janet just called. She’ll be up in a few minutes.”

Janet Jackson was at the height of her fame at this time, having
    recently released her chart- topping album Control. I had just
    performed the title track at my high school talent show with my
    best friend, Tirina, learning every move of the groundbreaking choreography
    from the music video and singing over Janet’s breathy
    vocals. We received a standing ovation for our performance, and I
    won Most Talented of my senior class shortly thereafter. Needless
    to say, I was a fan.

Emmanuel came back with our autographs and handed them to
    us. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the ornate silver handwriting
    that was uniquely Michael’s. He had touched this picture of him
    in his motorcycle jacket, which also meant Michael was actually in
    the room just a few feet away. A rush of excitement surged in my
    veins. He was so close.

The elevator door opened. It was Janet with her boyfriend at the
    time, Rene. I smiled with anxious anticipation as she approached.
    Dressed in a silk black blazer and black slacks, she looked as gorgeous
    in person as she did in pictures. I greeted her with a warm “Hi!”
    She stared coldly, not saying a word, as she sauntered by.
    I was so disappointed.

Jimmy Jam, Quincy Jones, Sugar Ray Leonard, and a parade of
    other celebrities I had only dreamed of meeting started exiting the
    elevator after Janet’s arrival. At this point, I could no longer contain
    myself. I said to Chuck, “Can we please go in to the party?”
    He said, “You really want to go in?”
    “Yes, please.”
    “What would you do if you went in?”
    “We’d mingle. We’d be nice.” I was practically begging at this
    point.

Then one of Michael’s other bodyguards said, “Why is it that
    pretty girls always get their way?”
    With no other choice at this point, Chuck reluctantly said, “OK.
    Go ahead in.”

Chuck, wherever you are today, thank you.
    As we opened the door and walked into the room, the bright
    lights hit me. Everyone was staring. We were probably the only
    non- A- list people in the room. They must have wondered who we
    were and thought we were important too. I was wearing a black

leather jacket, black leather pants, black high heel boots with silver
    buckles, and toy handcuffs hung from my belt. Of course, I hadn’t
    even kissed a boy yet, so my “bad girl” look was all for show.
    I stopped and stood in the foyer of this immaculate suite and
    took everything in. Here I was, in Michael Jackson’s penthouse at
    the top of New York City. Even in my wildest dreams, I hadn’t
    imagined this. I scoped the place out, wanting to soak up every
    detail of this room that only royalty and very special people had
    inhabited. It was an elegant suite, with a massive window that
    encompassed the entire side of one wall and displayed a breathtaking
    view of Manhattan’s sparkling skyline. To the right of the
    foyer was a winding staircase that led to an upstairs bedroom—
    obviously Michael’s room. In front of me was a beautiful black
    baby grand piano.

I looked behind me and Janet and Rene were sitting on a sofa,
    keeping to themselves, people-watching. I was now slightly afraid
    to even cross Janet’s path again. Her cold stare was enough to ward
    me away for life.

Next to the piano, Michael’s personal photographer, Sam Emerson,
    was standing taking pictures. I knew that Sam only took pictures
    of Michael, so I figured he couldn’t be too far away. I walked closer
    and there he was, leaning against the piano; guests surrounded him,
    getting their pictures taken. I walked and stood next to Sam. I didn’t
    dare ask for a picture, fearing he would discover that I was a mere
    mortal. I wanted to just blend in with the scenery, in fact. Surely
    everyone must have known we didn’t belong.

But then Michael spotted me. A big smile spread across his
    famous face and his eyes widened through his Ray- Ban sunglasses.
    He vigorously waved like a schoolboy spotting a familiar face in the
    crowd. I slightly smiled and looked over my shoulder to see whom
    he was waving at. Surely, it couldn’t be me.
    But it was . . .
    I waved back.

Suddenly, not only did I belong at the party, but the host himself
    had welcomed me. I started to relax as I felt a million eyes staring
    even harder. Michael’s welcome had inducted me into this crowd
    of A- listers and transformed me into one of them. Everybody was
    suddenly extremely nice. Even Janet’s attitude softened a bit.

Too afraid to actually speak words, I walked closer and stood
    behind Michael. He was acting as the perfect host, chatting with his
    guests and making sure everyone was happy, taking pictures with
    anyone who asked. Boy, I wish I had brought my camera. He was
    gracious, humble, and friendly. He was the Michael I had always
    dreamed he would be. He had been famous for almost twenty years
    at this point, but fame still hadn’t quite taken complete hold of him.
    He was just a normal, extremely nice guy entertaining guests in a
    hotel room. No one would have ever guessed that this dude had just
    finished performing in front of twenty thousand screaming fans at
    Madison Square Garden.

His skin was perfectly smooth and a lovely chocolate color. He
    wasn’t wearing any makeup and was simply beautiful. Onstage, his
    skin had seemed much lighter, even white, but I was happy to see
    that he still had his original beautiful brown complexion just like
    when he was a little boy. His lighter- looking skin was all a result of
    stage makeup, I surmised.

Even back then there were rumors that he was bleaching his
    skin and nasty tabloid stories about it. I was so happy to see
    that that couldn’t be further from the truth. His hair was nice
    and freshly washed, with a wavy ponytail—a short one. He must
    wear a fake one sometimes, I thought, because it was longer
    in concert just an hour earlier. He had on black Ray- Ban sunglasses
    and a red corduroy button- down shirt that was tucked
    into his black slacks; his belt was silver and glittery. His amazingly
    cool black lace- up shoes had silver plates on the tips. His
    right arm was adorned with two bracelets, one silver, the other
    black. He had a noticeable dent on the side of his nose, but
    nothing looked fake. In fact, he was more handsome in person,
    with no makeup on, than I had ever seen him in pictures and
    videos. He was small, though. His waist must have been smaller
    than mine, and I only weighed ninety- eight pounds. I had on
    high heels, which made me about five foot six. He wasn’t much
    taller than I was—maybe five foot nine.

I also noticed he was chewing gum. I had never seen Michael
    chew gum before and it made him seem so normal. Up until now,
    I had only seen him on TV and in pictures, so in my mind he was
    this perfect dream guy who didn’t do normal stuff like chew gum

or go to the bathroom. He was a star and stars didn’t do normal
    stuff like us regular folks.

I overheard Sean Lennon, who was twelve years old, begging
    his mother, Yoko Ono, to let him spend the night. He begged and
    begged until finally she agreed . . . just a regular mother and son
    having a typical conversation.

It appeared that Michael was going to have a slumber party with
    Sean Lennon, Emmanuel Lewis, and a couple of other kids I saw
    running around. Although Michael was in his late twenties and
    in the prime of his superstardom, no sexy female groupie types
    were roaming around like one would expect at a concert afterparty
    like this. Michael was different: he preferred the company of
    kids. This made him even more endearing to me. His Peter Pan
    persona appealed to those of us not ready for actual relationships.
    He was safe.

Jimmy Jam sat at the baby grand and started playing a few songs,
    his fingers gliding seamlessly over the ivory keys. I walked over to
    the window, gazed upon the sparkling lights, and thought, Is this
    really happening? It all felt like a dream. There was Michael, staring
    at me. Nights like this just didn’t occur in my world.

I strolled over to the bar, where an array of minibottles lined the
    marble counter. Too young to drink alcohol, I poured myself a 7Up.
    I wanted to seem cool, with a drink in my hand. Even the 7Up tasted
    better than it ever had before. To this day, when I drink a 7Up, I
    am transported back to Michael’s hotel suite on that spring night
    when I was seventeen.

All of New York’s elite seemed to be in the room. I spotted New
    York artist Keith Haring, who had spread a bunch of buttons with
    his political sketches on them on Michael’s coffee table. Keith would
    pass away two years later from complications of the AIDS virus. I
    still have some of those buttons and cherish them.

Tracy and I found an empty sofa and relaxed, hoping to blend
    in. I glanced up and spotted Quincy Jones walking over. He asked
    if anyone was sitting in the spot next to me. I managed to nervously
    mutter that the seat was empty. He plopped onto the sofa and
    placed his icy brown cocktail, which he had mixed himself at the
    bar, on the coffee table. I tried to remain calm as I watched him
    coolly sip his beverage and chat with other nearby guests. After all,
    I didn’t want to blow my cover. No one needed to know that I was
    still in high school and dying inside, sitting next to the man who
    had produced Thriller. I felt like Cinderella, worried that the clock
    would strike midnight at any minute and I would have to return
    to normal life. Surrounded by legends, I could only think about
    how out of place I was. These people had accomplished so much.
    I had watched them win Grammys, perform concerts, and create
    masterpieces. And here I was, just a girl from Largo, Maryland. My
    life had only just begun.

I then saw Michael spot Janet and Rene. Determined to at least
    shake Michael’s hand, I walked back over to him. I overheard Rene
    say, “Great show, man!” Michael shook his hand and said, “Thank
    you.” Then Michael leaned over to Janet and whispered something
    in her ear. As if Michael had just shared the most amazing secret
    ever heard, she widened her already big eyes and said, “Really? Get
    out of here!” Michael smiled and said, “I’ll call you.” They seemed
    like typical siblings, Janet looking up to her big brother.

Then Michael turned around. He was just a few inches away. He
    was so close I could smell his perfume. He looked at me, smiled the
    biggest smile, with the whitest teeth I had ever seen, reached out
    his hand, and said, “Hi. I’m Michael.”

It felt like the entire world stopped. The man I had dreamed
    about since I was a child was standing in front of me, reaching for
    my hand. It was the moment I had been waiting for.
    I silently composed myself and took his hand in mine. “Hi. I’m
    Shana.”

His hand was so soft. It felt like a warm, billowy cloud. It was
    the softest hand I had ever felt. I was so nervous. I was afraid to
    hold it too tight. So I delicately held it as if it were a porcelain
    doll, not wanting to disrespect the hand that wore that famous
    white glove.

But Michael took me by surprise and grabbed my hand tighter.
    I opened my hand to let go of his tight grip, but he kept holding
    on. I was stunned. He then slid his large thin hand down my entire
    hand, lingering on every finger and sliding down to the tips of my
    fingernails. The whole while he was smiling that big beautiful smile
    and nervously biting his bottom lip.
    Michael Jackson was flirting with me.

It was one of those rare moments that will be flashed before my
    eyes when my life is at its end. This moment was everything.
    Then other guests started closing in on him, vying for his attention.
    He was the man of the hour and everyone wanted their moment
    with him too. We looked at each other and smiled as I slinked back
    to the sofa where I had been sitting. Michael stayed a little longer,
    mingling with his guests, before heading up the spiral staircase,
    saying good night to everyone as he disappeared into his room.
    Sean Lennon and Emmanuel Lewis ran up the stairs behind him.
    I thought that this would be one of those stories I would tell
    my future grandkids over and over until they were sick of hearing
    it, when I was old and gray: my one memory of meeting the most
    famous man in the world.

But it was only the beginning.

The review was right. Reads like the diary of an eight grader. I see we also have a hot sex scene there. :p

Then Michael turned around. He was just a few inches away. He
was so close I could smell his perfume. He looked at me, smiled the
biggest smile, with the whitest teeth I had ever seen, reached out
his hand, and said, “Hi. I’m Michael.”

It felt like the entire world stopped. The man I had dreamed
about since I was a child was standing in front of me, reaching for
my hand. It was the moment I had been waiting for.
I silently composed myself and took his hand in mine. “Hi. I’m
Shana.”

His hand was so soft. It felt like a warm, billowy cloud. It was
the softest hand I had ever felt. I was so nervous. I was afraid to
hold it too tight. So I delicately held it as if it were a porcelain
doll, not wanting to disrespect the hand that wore that famous
white glove.

But Michael took me by surprise and grabbed my hand tighter.
I opened my hand to let go of his tight grip, but he kept holding
on. I was stunned. He then slid his large thin hand down my entire
hand, lingering on every finger and sliding down to the tips of my
fingernails. The whole while he was smiling that big beautiful smile
and nervously biting his bottom lip.
Michael Jackson was flirting with me.

Back