She's Drivin' Me Wild

^ I believe Michael likes to 'sneak' some consciousness-raising songs in with the grooves to try and wake people up mentally ..........while he has their attention.
"hair going every which way but neat"

:cheeky:
(like Buckwheat? and Medusa?)

I love this song too.

It cracks me up that at the beginning there's a 'thud' sound (like he's hit someone with the car) and the sirens (like the ambulance is coming) and the honking sounds like a traffic jam

gosh MJ so silly! :toofunny:

Yeah, I get that...it's just that when I am racing down the Target aisle with my Ipod and feeling quite like divinity-in-motion-like myself and then he comes along with Heal the World.
It always feel like somebody is turning on the lights in the club, yelling "Last Call, people!":D, it's so damn bright all of sudden...at that point I usually skip to Dangerous as if not to lose that "I can move my body too" people, watch out, I am grooving along in search for detergent...

I just to walked too school in Germany (no school bus for me...) with my walkman- and Dangerous was part of the 20 minute walk. I loved the energy of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that...it's just that when I am racing down the Target aisle with my Ipod and feeling like quite divinity-in-motion-like myself and then he comes along with Heal the World. It always feel like somebody is turning on the lights in the club, yelling "Last Call, people!":D, it's so damn bright all of sudden...at that point I usually skip to Dangerous as if not to lose that "I can move by body too" people, watch out, I am grooving along in search for detergent...

I just to walked too school in Germany (no school bus for me...) with my walkman- and Dangerous was part of the 20 minute walk. I loved the energy of it.

oh, ok, I getcha! :giggle: that was an apt analogy

I LOVE that song, actually one of my favorites cause of the strong beat.

He sings "woman on perfection"
i guess she was a very beautiful woman.
I have no idea who that may be, probably someone he knew, not famous girl.

i love the part he sings
"I know the girl is faking cause i've seen her looking better"

Must have been a very well shaped girl, probably shy or conservative, cause its like he's stating she does not show all her female potential. Well people say he was very imaginative too

Last edited:
I always loved the whole flow of "Dangerous"- they are kind of seemless and flow together. I honestly always thought "Heal the world" was an unnecessary interruption when I was swinging along nicely...:angel:

lol i wanted to say that but I didn't want to attacked. Glad you said it first :cheeky: haha. All the love to heal the world and it's message but let's be honest it's kinda of a party pooper.

Michael does the New Jack Swing style so well and all the songs are amazing. She drives me wild always makes me laugh because of some of the things he says. I love how he grunts the Uh Huh's throughout the song. Sounds sexy.

This part cracks me up lol.

And you know damn well
You know what I mean

and

Like a pleasure trip
Like you've never seen

Well..... hot damn Michael :clapping:

Last edited:
Totally got the New Jack Swing era.

Who is it about - "black jeans and a turtleneck sweater" - I like to think its this lady!

http://i.acephotos.org/images/orig/h/o/hoisxjhas939iox3.jpg

Aaaw Tatiana :D

But I think he talked about this kind of turtle neck sweater:
5137HXhyQPL._AA280_.jpg

Girls with turtle neck sweaters, tight black jeans and skin-tight black boots, and preferably dark hair makes me go UH-HUH :wub:

yeah i think he may have been thinking about Tatiana, but i dont know, and yes he seem to prefer dark haired women, damn i have brown hair, hey but Lisa had brown hair too though dark brown hair

did anyone notice that car horn at the end of the This Is It trailer?

is it not the same as in She Drives Me Wild?

know the one I'm talking about?

^ Are you sure you're not talking about the preview they released a couple of days after his death?
You know where he's performing TDCAU and it goes over to She Drives Me Wild? :)

What's he saying in the chorus, I can't make it out, and it ain't in any of the lyrics. Its in between "she got the look, she's drivin me wild" what does he say in between. I can hear something like " falling over perfection" I dunno, any one know?

^
She's got the look, I wanna know better.
She's got the look, she's drivin' me wild.

If you only knew how much research I did before I found that :lol:
It's impossible to hear when Michael is slicing the words on the different drums.
Especially on "Can't Let Her Get Away", I couldn't understand shit before I read the lyrics :p

^

It's impossible to hear when Michael is slicing the words on the different drums.
Especially on "Can't Let Her Get Away", I couldn't understand shit before I read the lyrics :p

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Its been bothering me you know, been looking everwhere for it, I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thank you!

^ Are you sure you're not talking about the preview they released a couple of days after his death?
You know where he's performing TDCAU and it goes over to She Drives Me Wild? :)
yes, thanks that's exactly what I was trying to say :)

Is that the same car horn sound? It sounds exactly the same .........I think... or did noone notice?
^

Thanks for that, so many get the lyrics wrong because they are wrong on the lyric sites! :lol: Sometimes they get lyrics so wrong on those sites it makes me wonder why they even bother.

Last edited:
^

It's impossible to hear what Michael is saying on many of his songs, not to mention if he sings really fast or in whisper-mode :doh: :lol:
I had trouble understanding the lyrics with more than 60% of his songs, I actually felt ashamed of myself when I read the real stuff :rofl:

Though we have to admit - NOTHING beats "Shout" from this point of view :doh: :lol: [I love that song :D ]

Thanks for the "translation" from the SDMW chorus, couldn't get that one either, lol.

P.S. Whenever I read your [written in a very informed manner] posts, it reminds me of arXter :p I can see now why the two of you get along so well :)

Ohhhhhh, I love this song too!!!

I don't know WHO could be the inspiration, but definitely think there was a woman that inspired him to write and sing this song the way that he did.

I def think there were women in his life that we don't know of. I also think there is a side of Michael that knows how to APPRECIATE a woman and all her assets! ;) Usually Michael's songs are so romantic and always so respectful of women. But then there are some songs like this one, ITC, Break of Dawn, where he sings about lusting after women. Wish Michael sang more lusty songs. . . more for our imaginations! LOL!

I agree!!

Good point. Some songs will be autobiographical or semi-autobiographical, some not.

Maybe it's just made up. All songs aren't about something personal to the writer. Is Mike an alien that's going to take over the earth because he wrote "Another Part Of Me"? Did John Lennon know somebody with "juju eyeballs" & a "mojo filter"? Is he really a "walrus"? Was CCR "born on the bayou"? Did Big Bank Hank of the Sugarhill Gang have a battle with Superman over Lois Lane? Did Rick Dees see a "disco duck"? :p

SDMW doesn't even have to have been from his own experience with women whatsoever. All anyone really has to do is simply extrapolate - this means you use known facts or observations in order to write about soemthing regardless of any kind of experience with it. In this way, there will not be any real difference between a heterosexual and an asexual writing a song like SDMW.

Much, much less difference when it's also co-written as SDMW is a collaboration between MJ and Teddy Riley.

Michael did say in Moonwalk that song lyrics don't have to be a part of the writer's experience or a part of their life. He cited Human Nature as an example.

How to get the feeling/emotion?

Again, a talented artist will also extrapolate for this too. A gifted vocalist such as Michael could sing and make you believe it as he did on Who's Loving You, for example. A little kid sang about a relationship breakup so convincingly that he totally owned an adult who originally wrote the song based on his own experience. The boy was little MJ and the man who wrote it originally was Smokey Robinson.

Back