Showbiz Tonight talks about Prince & Paris

I'm not surprised and I don't know what to say other then I wish them good luck. It won't be easy. *SIGH* Also if Prince is weary then he should look behind him more cause all I have seen lately is Dieter behind him.:bugeyed

Last edited:
Not surprised at all after what we saw the Jackson can do for these past 2 years. What can I say. God bless PPB and I hope that MJ is watching over them. It won't be easy to survive in entertainment business especially when you are one of the biggest star's kids.

It's obvious the kids want show-biz careers, they take acting classes and it's known that they even took classes at home when they were with Michael. And I want to wish them luck and a lot of success. And I also want to wish them to be able to distinguish bad people and do their best to avoid them.

Barbara: Michael, if this little boy says, "Daddy, I want to go on stage."
Michael: (laughs and slaps his leg)
Barbara: After what you've been through?
Michael: I'd say, "Hold on, now. Hold on. If you do go that way, expect this...expect this...expext that." (counts on his fingers)
Barbara: You'd lay it all out?
Michael: I'd lay it all out. I'd say, "See you're gonna get all this, (points to one of the cameras) and all this (points to another camera) and all this (points to a third camera) You ready to do that?" "Yeah, I can't wait." Then I would say, "Go...and do it better than I did."
Barbara: But know what you're in for...
Michael: Know what you're in for.

I hope Michael had this talk with them at some point...

My main concern is that they do not have anyone to guide and support them.

The Jacksons do not have the knowledge, talent or care to really mentor them. And either does any of their leeches...

That's the problem. Who will guide them without a hidden agenda? Michael would have guided them because all he wanted was their best interest at heart. I just hope what ever Michael told them and taught them they can remember and keep with them.

I'm afraid Michael had no time to have this talk with them yet, and it's saddening to see that they're surrounded by bunch of fame who.res. I just hope they remember what their father's stance was, I hope they remember how different he was from his relatives.

Is this Kareen wynter for real? He/she says the children can count on their savvy aunts,uncles and grandparents for career advice - is that a joke? The remark that the children could become just as successful as mj (really??) and that would make them 'truely worthy heirs to the king of pop' left a really nasty taste - the media are just so delighted that mj is gone and his children are going to be fair game to them, they'll be built up and then torn down.

I just find it all depressing, and it makes me resent murray even more than before. The family don't own mj's estate but they control his children and they're not wasting any time in making it work for them.

you all have to keep them in prayers trust and believe god answers everything I have no more comment about the Jackson family or his children i'm let this be

Honestly I hope they twisted some words to get this segment. Unless we hear it from them or see them actually doing something I'm gonna hope that's the case. I hope this is not really what is happening because in my opinion it would be a huge mistake to start a career so young. I know many in the public will see through it very fast and maybe will turn against them and the family because of it. Everyone knows how Michael felt about starting a career that young.

If the kids want to do these things, I would hope they are smart enough to realise they should finish school first.
There is plenty of time to start a career later on. (I personally feel very strongly about stuff like that, how many childstars are still succesfull later on and have nothing to fall back on?)
I don't think that Paris for instance realises what the burden of having such a famous father will be. Of course we don't really know that though. If Prince wants to be on the business side, I hope he choses better mentors that the "Businessmen" surrounding him now.
For some reason I have more faith in Prince making the right decisions when it comes to things like this than Paris.

The wording in this segment really raises many alarmbells. They are bankable? For endorsements? I hope the kids realise what that means and realise that right now the only reason they get this is because of their father, not them.
That is going to be a hard lesson but it is better if they learn it fast because if they really want to achieve something they need to learn to see through people with motives like that.

Sadly looking at the family they probably don't care about reasoning behind offers, they just see money and "work" or attention.
That is my biggest fear, that they wil be influenced like that and won't remember how their father would feel about things.

But who knows maybe we are underestimating them like I said and they will wait and take the time before stepping out like that.

*Btw as a response to the above post, I can't believe Paris is even talking about stuff like that. One of the reasons I fear for her more than Prince.

I'm afraid Michael had no time to have this talk with them yet, and it's saddening to see that they're surrounded by bunch of fame who.res. I just hope they remember what their father's stance was, I hope they remember how different he was from his relatives.

How do you know? These kids are not spoiled little airheads, MJ told and taught them alot and they know alot. Michael lived a life in fear of conspiracies to rid him of certain assets, I'm pretty sure he warned them about certain people and what to look out for in order to protect themselves from leeches and whatnot in the future. Anyway I think they are pretty smart, just trust in the way Michael raised them. They are strong like Michael and they will be fine IMHO. They know they are Michael Jackson's offspring , that alone should keep them level headed,unfazed, and in less of a rush to enter the entertainment industry as opposed to others that might be hungry for fame instantly and would do anything despicable to get there. I don't believe they'll cut their education short for stuff like this, especially in an industry they are somewhat familiar with already. This is all sensationalism playing with our fears.

Last edited:
7cnmrk

AlanDukeCNN Alan Duke

A photo from my interview with Prince Jackson @princemjjjaxon and his uncles. CNN story coming very soon. twitpic.com/7cnmrk

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

AlanDukeCNN Alan Duke

Another pic from my Prince Jackson visit. He may not look excited to see me, but I am sure he was. twitpic.com/7cnv0y

2 hours ago http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#
7cnv0y

lmFao at folks twisting and turning Michael Jackson's own words and those of his children to justify this f*ckery

And what's even more pathetic about that is some of his so-called FANS are doing it right here in this very thread for crying out loud! Btw, I don't care who it is, a stranger or his kids, NO ONE will ever be as gifted, talented and change the industry like Mike did. Being related to a genius doesn't make you one.

Alan Duke talks more about Prince on 'Showbiz Tonight' 11/10

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/10/sbt.01.html

HAMMER: So you heard Jermaine tell SHOWBIZ TONIGHT that Michael`s oldest son, Prince, is about to take part in his very first paid endorsement deal selling replicas with his family of Michael`s famous red "Thriller" jacket.

That leads to our SHOWBIZ exclusive newsmaker interview with Prince Jackson.

Prince just spoke with CNN Entertainment Wire editor, Alan Duke. Alan is with us tonight from Hollywood.

So Alan, prince did get a little taste of the spotlight recently when he introduced Beyonce at Michael`s tribute concert in Wales last month.

And now he`s just revealed to you he does want to be an actor. Looking at these brand-new pictures of him right now, I see him as a young man who`s very confident, very self-assured.

What did he tell you? Is he ready to handle all of the not-so-great things that come along with a high-profile life?

ALAN DUKE, EDITOR, CNN ENTERTAINMENT WIRE: Well, he seems to be a pretty confident young man. He`s 14 years old. He looks like he`s older and he acts like he`s older. Yes, I sat down with him for a while. And guess what? He also revealed to me he wants to be an actor just like his sister.

HAMMER: Yes. It`s going to be very interesting to see how they negotiate that life. Of course, their father always said it gave him a lot of trouble, but it gave him a lot of joy.

Here`s what I`m very curious about, Alan, on a very general level. Not a lot of people from the outside, quite frankly, get to spend a lot of time with Prince Jackson as you were able to do. What sticks with you from your time with him? What was it like?

DUKE: Well, he`s somewhat of a composed young man. And he has great respect for his uncles which is why he`s helping them endorse these jackets, the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jackets that went on sale today.

And I think that he wants to make his own money. He wants to step out of the shadow of his father. While he can`t sing and dance - he acknowledges that - he wants to be Prince Jackson.

He is a brand. And he wants to act, and he wants business deals he wants to direct. He wants to make his own money despite the great wealth he`s inheriting.

HAMMER: Well, I think everybody is wishing him well. It`s going to be so interesting to see how things go for him. Alan Duke, thank you so much, Alan. Good to se you.

It's obvious the kids want show-biz careers, they take acting classes and it's known that they even took classes at home when they were with Michael. And I want to wish them luck and a lot of success. And I also want to wish them to be able to distinguish bad people and do their best to avoid them.

I hope Michael had this talk with them at some point...
So do I! If that's what they really want, I wish them the best of luck. They are such lovely and bright children. Bless them. It doesn't have to be a bad thing if they want these kind of careers, look at Will and Jada Smith's kids. However, they still have their parents to guide and protect them whereas PPB are orphans and surrounded by sharks who call themselves "family". THAT is what worries me the most, not their career choice.
All we can do is pray for them and show them our love and support... and hope for the best.

Yes, he would have supported his children, had that been their wish, but what you have to understand is Michael's children were his priority. He would have adviced them, guided them and protected them to the best of his abilities if they wanted to pursue a career in showbiz.

He would never have pushed them into it or see what he could get out of it. There is also nothing to suggest that he wanted his children in showbiz as youngsters. Kenny Ortega testified that Michael didn't even bring his kids to rehearsals because he wanted them to focus on school work.

However, under the present circumstances, with the kids being surrounded by people who don't have their best interests at heart, I can see more negative coming out of it than positive. You seriously believe Michael would want his children around and working with the likes of Howard Mann, and Latoya's dubious buisness partners?
THIS!
On Oprah, and other interviews the kids said their dad was grooming them for show biz careers. So what's the fuss all about.?
grooming? really? he mainly give them opportunity to develop their talent and learn their craft. for example, my sister likes dancing, my parents sent her to dace class. not to make her a dancer but because they saw how she enjoyed it. i doubt Michael would liked for his 14 year old son to sell products that is only link to him because of his father.

Back