Smooth Criminal better than Thriller

i agree i like the video for smooth criminal better. my favorite part is when he blows the dust in that guys face, sooo smmmoooth. but i like the song thriller more.

For some reason I am a HUGE 'thriller' fan!!! Nothing can top that vid. for me
BUT, I am in LOOOOOOVE with Smooth Criminal too!!! AHHHH!!!

(oh! and I looove that siggy LiLi317!!!)

Last edited:
well you cant compare those two videos they had different concepts. So, Smooth Criminal is not better than Thriller. See what you need to compare is Thriller and Ghosts!

Technicaly, i thing there is a lot of MJ's videos that are better than Thriller, including Smooth Criminal, of course. But emotionaly and in an affective point of view, i think none will ever beat Thriller

Smooth Criminal is cool, He changes into a Car then a Robot.The Dance is moving,He pays homage to Fred Astaire. It's great.Thriller Just reminds me of a Video.As Groundbreaking as it was back in the day, THriller really helped him climb the highest mountian and Gave him the recognintion he deserved.I know we're not talking about BAD Which impressed me with his Dramatic Start into serious acting or Ghost which I find another Masterpiece that brought his Many Characters to the forefront( I still love the Mayor) but Smooth Criminal will always rank as one of my favorites.If I want to pay Homage to Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly or Sammy Davis Jr.,I'll look at Smooth Criminal to bring back the memories of these great Dance artist And Michael is the Icon who has done it in Short Films.
Thanks Michael ,I just love what you do with your Pure Soul and God Blessed Talent.
May You Continue to Thrill us all.

Thriller has NOTHING on Smooth Criminal. The dance part after all the maoning is spectacular!
Thriller just had a bigger impact because of the time it was released in, otherwise there's no question about it, Smooth Criminal is Way better. Michael hadnt even fully developed as a dancer on Thriller.

lol, I just posted in another thread saying I liked Ghosts better than Thriller, and here I am about to say I like Smooth Criminal better than Thriller. :ninja: I love Thriller to death, I just think that despite it's popularity, MJ's later works are even better. I love the whole atmosphere of Smooth Criminal. The dancing is absolutely amazing, even better than in Thriller. truly a masterpiece, IMO.

naw because aside from the Lean really SC ain't touching what the Thriller video meant and represented. now SC is One of His Best Videos ever, but Thriller is still out of this world period IMO.

I agree with you. I love the smooth criminal video especially the full version which is incredible beyond belief... But what as you said thriller stood for and represented personally, the Greatest Music Video, Short Film....Ever.

SC is one of my faveroutes too, I love everything about it. I like Thriller but I enjoy SC more, it's just amazing in every way :-D

I love both dances....thrilller and Smooth criminal, but to me thriller is more legendary idk I just like it more

Even mike sed he gets more compliments on SC than any other piece he has done

Watched it at the cinema in its first week of release....the Smooth Criminal section...makes the film!

Last edited:
Smooth Criminal is amazing

To be honest I've probably watched the entire thriller video less than 5 times, I can only remember watching the whole thing about once of twice. Smooth Criminal through is different whether the full or shorter version

I agree with you. I love the smooth criminal video especially the full version which is incredible beyond belief... But what as you said thriller stood for and represented personally, the Greatest Music Video, Short Film....Ever.

I agree. nothing will EVER top Thriller for me. I could watch thriller and the making of it all day (ok, I could with Smooth Criminal too, lol)
But Thriller to me is the absolute best vid ever. And I happen to LOOVe the song- amaaaaaazing vocals!

Back