SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Announces Michael Jackson-Themed Episode.

qbee

Proud Member
[h=3]SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Announces Michael Jackson-Themed Episode.[/h]

On Wednesday, Aug. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), on a special themed-episode, each performance will be choreographed to a Michael Jackson song, either one of his classics or one from his current album, "Xscape." Jackson's new single, "A Place With No Name," from "Xscape," will be featured in the Top Eight group performance.

Returning guest judge, actress and dancer Jenna Dewan-Tatum will join judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy, as the Top Eight finalists - Rudy Abreu, Casey Askew, Tanisha Belnap, Zack Everhart, Jacque LeWarne, Jessica Richens, Valerie Rockey and Ricky Ubeda - will be paired up with All-Star Partners as they perform for America's votes. The All-Stars include Stephen "tWitch" Boss (Season Four), Ryan Di Lello (Season Six), Makenzie Dustman (Season 10), Comfort Fedoke (Season Four), Jaimie Goodwin (Season Three), Allison Holker (Season Two), Nick Lazzarini (Season One) and William Wingfield (Season Four). Also on the show, the third of the four featured dance crews, Control Freakz, will perform live.

Also announced was the SYTYCD 2014 tour with tickets going on sale Friday, August 15, giving fans the chance to see the Top 10 finalists live. The expanded tour, with more than 70 stops across the U.S. and Canada, kicks off Tuesday, October, 1 at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, LA, and runs through February 2015. Ticket info and more details are available at www.fox.com/dance.

Source broadwayworld.com

Now, this is kind of ironic... GREAT! Can't wait to see their tribute. :dancin:

It's nice to have something to look forward to. this is very, very, cool. does anyone know what channel this will be on? I don't usually watch this show. so I have no idea. thank you to anyone who can help me.

Let's see, will they premiere the video at the VMAs?

Great start for the song, anyway.

Okay then, I have not watched this show in a long time, but this episode won't be missing me.

Is it possible the video will premiere on FOX during this broadcast?

I discovered this show back in 2007 when WR was a choreographer and sometime judge. So I also see this as what they think of him.

I had a dream this last night. I don't recall all of it but I do remember that after they finished playing Michael songs the entire audience gave him a standing ovation. :)

I had a dream this last night. I don't recall all of it but I do remember that after they finished playing Michael songs the entire audience gave him a standing ovation. :)

Your dream might just become a reality :)

Bu3fn45CcAAGNDM.jpg

Thanks for the info. I don't watch the show (or even get cable anymore), but I will definitely find a way to watch this!

It has started! They opened with APWNN. The choreography was just okay to me. But in all honesty I was more focus on MJ's voice! He sounded so beautiful! :)

Smile was just performed, that was nicely done I thought.

Last edited:
XSCAPE is the best so far and is it just me, but does'nt Michael's voice sound so much richer and vibrant on this show? especially XSCAPE just now.

And 'The Way You Make Me Feel' just became my favorite, haha.

This kid can move, and his moves reminded me, so far, the most of Michael's.

Back