Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

Re: Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

I would love to hear this, just love the stuff I've heard so far. Just to great voices - can't go wrong, right?

Re: Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

Yes!! Can't wait :D

Waiting.... >>>
Jackson_popcorn.gif
:wild:

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5153:jacksonmercury-tracks-greenlighted-by-estate&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(27-12-2011) According to Artisan News, the long-buried tracks by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury of Queen have finally been given the green light by the Estate of Michael Jackson and will see a release in 2012. This will come as great news to fans of both Jackson and Mercury as the songs, which were recorded in Jackson's home studio back in the early '80s, have long been speculated about but have never before been released.

It's gearing up to be a Michael Jackson year in 2012. We have BAD25 and these recordings to look forward too, YEAH!

Finally, good news. :D

Can you imagine, those songs are almost 30 years old. Wow.

Every year we think that the next year will be huge. We'll get dissapointed all over again. We michael jackson fans are so unlucky everytime.
Nothing will ever be huge again how can it beSo are these songs new ones or just the ones already available in a finished state

Michael Jackson/Freddie Murcury songs to be released this year

Remember last year it was confirmed that the unreleased songs/demos MJ did with Freddy Mercury would be released this year? Well, whats happened? Does anybody have any info or updates on this? With all the talk of the Bad 25 release i think alot of us have kind of forgotten about it.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson/Freddy Murcury songs to be released this year

It's Freddie Mercury...

Re: Michael Jackson/Freddie Murcury songs to be released this year

I dont think we have forgotten. we're just still waiting
This is the last we have heard as far as I know from November 2011

Queen set to release Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson duets in 2012
Brian May says the band have permission from Jackson's estate to release the duets

Queen29PA241011.jpg

Queen are set to release a series of duets that their former frontman Freddie Mercury recorded with Michael Jackson next year.

Guitarist Brian May has revealed that Michael Jackson's estate have given the band permission to release a series of duets which they recorded with the late singer during the 1980s.

He told the Evening Standard: "Michael [Jackson] used to come and see us when we were on tour in the States. He and Freddie became close friends, close enough to record a couple of tracks together at Michael's house, tracks which have never seen the light of day."

Asked when they will come out, May replied:

"(They'll be ready) in the next year. We've been talking to Jackson's estate and they're happy."

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/queen/60351

This is a excert I copied from a message left on the Queen forum from Roger and Brian in Jan of 2011 so maybe it will be released on this up coming album .. looks like we can expect the album November 2012
The whole team now working on preparing for a shoot later this year, and a release in the late Autumn of 2012. We are also laying the foundations for WWRY THE MOVIE, and again, we already have a great script for it from Ben."

Re: Michael Jackson/Freddy Murcury songs to be released this year

It's Freddie Mercury...

Edited my post just for you ;-)

Thanks for that qbee. Damn November is awhile away, don't know if i can wait that long!!

Re: Michael Jackson/Freddie Murcury songs to be released this year

^^ You're welcome. Well we just have to wait :timer:
hopefull we will have some festivities going on during the summer to help Usher in BAD 25.

so we will get the 3 tracks in hq this year?

^^ It's possible. The Queen releases this year include some of Freddie's solo stuff (Barcelona Special Edition and The Great Pretender documentary) and a concert from 1986 (Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live in Budapest 1986) but it's widely believed by fans in Queen's camp that there will be a third release before the year is over, probably around November. I theorize that these tracks will be that third release, but it's just conjecture at this point.

Jesta;3686495 said:
^^ It's possible. The Queen releases this year include some of Freddie's solo stuff (Barcelona Special Edition and The Great Pretender documentary) and a concert from 1986 (Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live in Budapest 1986) but it's widely believed by fans in Queen's camp that there will be a third release before the year is over, probably around November. I theorize that these tracks will be that third release, but it's just conjecture at this point.

I highly doubt the tracks will come out this year. The third release is most likely a live release. People have been claiming it's gonna be Hammersmith 75 or 79 (QPL even confirmed that a Hammersmith 75 release is in the pipeline in their official AL+Q statement for the Apollo concerts). The Administrator from QueenOnline (who's part of QPL and also runs Queen's official website and forum) confirmed that the Hammersmith won't be released this year.

Here's basically how Queen has planned their releases this year. QueenOnline administrator says...

Sorry if that caused any confusion, but that is just what I meant.

Of our main product releases this year, you now have all the info for the September ones, I see Barcelona as the main release and the book and DVD off shoots as it were, but I can see why people thought otherwise. OK, you know that Budapest is coming too (the cinema release is part of the promo will come with a PR next week about the viewings, but not product info)

September - Barcelona (+ Book and DVD)

October - TBC - Press Release / Official announcement to come

November - TBC - Press Release / Official announcement to come

Budapest '86 hits cinemas September 20, so the November releases is the DVD/Blu-Ray release of it. Also...

Just to add a little confusion to the info that is coming out about the releases in the final part of the year...

There will be a small/short PR on the US release of the GVH1/2 videos package that some of you have spotted on amazon - sort of more info, its not part of they major releases talked about, it is just something for the US that has popped up following Eagle now over seeing the visual side of the Queen catalogue in North America.

So regarding the November live release(s)...

Brian May replied to a latter from a fan and said:

Tony Newman wrote:

Hello Brian

Just wondering if you could shed some light on why QPL or whomever is responsible for the lack of official LIVE 70’s Concert DVD or BluRay releases?

It seems we get more re-releases of all the same 80’s concerts than anything. Including the re-release of of the new greatest hits 1 & 2 (which doesn’t include The Miracle, Innuendo or Made In Heaven). We’ve seen We Will Rock You released a couple of times (2 different names), Live at Wembley 2-3 times, Live at the Bowl and now Hungarian Rhapsody for the second time (Live In Budapest). Do you know why we’re not getting Live at the Rainbow, Hyde Park, Earls Court, Houston 77?

Are there plans for any of these to be released in the future? I am an American fan of Queen since 1975. I am now 50 and have purchased EVERY single thing you guys have ever released... I would spend DOUBLE for any 70’s concerts as I’m sure many others would too... When I’m dead, I will purchase nothing. I’m sure it’s not about the money with you guys but if you read the many posts about the fans who still love the Queen we remembered from the 70’s you’d see there is a LOT of interest in the 70’s concerts.

I think the momentum you have right now with Lambert and the young crowd now getting behind Queen, it would be a great time to introduce them to the early Queen band. You guys were simply INCREDIBLE in the 70’s. So young and DANGEROUSLY LIVE!!! We see all of the YouTube vids from the 70’s era and some quite clear (possibly high def).

We would just like to see these get a proper release, even if it’s just on DVD... They deserve to be seen and WE THE FANS deserve to see them.

Thanks, if you reply!

Love you guys forever!!!

Tony Newman
USA

Brian replied via Soapbox:

Well, Tony - I hear you, but it's not that simple.

I suppose it would be fine if we just shoved the contents of an old VHS video on a DVD, but everybody would immediately complain about the lack of quality.

Instead, our guys regard each possible new DVD as a challenge … and they spend many months on each one, researching the best undiscovered sources, compiling, repairing, restoring - sound and vision - and the result is always something very special.

Currently Budapest is nearly finished, but the Rainbow concerts are in the works too. I don't know what you mean by 'second time' for the Budapest show … it's certainly never been officially on DVD before, because we had to buy the rights and buy the actually film in order to make this DVD.

The simple answer is … we can only do so much.

But thanks for asking. We also think some of the early concerts are interesting to reclaim.

cheers

Bri

So yeah, that pretty much solves the mystery...

Sadly for MJ fans, they probably won't get the tracks this year. Maybe if a December release comes up, who knows...

I just hope we get them. Two great voices.

Awesome news! But I wonder if the MJ songs will be released on their own as some kind of EP or if Queen is releasing another full album with unreleased vocals from Freddie, which I remember them mentioning last year. I would totally love to buy an album like that!!!

Awesome news! But I wonder if the MJ songs will be released on their own as some kind of EP or if Queen is releasing another full album with unreleased vocals from Freddie, which I remember them mentioning last year. I would totally love to buy an album like that!!!

Yeah, that's the main mystery here. Nobody knows how they'll release these tracks. I don't even think they know how they'll release them.

Roger Taylor also said they scrapped the idea of another album so that leaves an Anthology type of boxset with demos and unreleased tracks. But they keep talking about one for over 10 years now. It's always 'next year...' but it never comes out.

Maybe next year? Wishful thinking...

Back