Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

Re: Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

As far as I know the "There must be more to life than this" on YouTube is fan made - cut together from Michael's demo and Freddie's album version. So I'm interested in the end product by professionals and in a professional studio.

There is a version released on one of Freddie's albums? I didn't know this song had already been released...

Re: Songs recorded by Michael Jackson & Freddie Mercury to be released "within the next year"

OH MY, OH MY! It makes me feel so happy to hear it, I will so buy it! :shout:

From what I understand its planned to have released "State Of Shock", "There Must Be More To Life Than This", and "Victory"

That's great!

2012 is gonna be my favourite year in a long time.. So excited that I can cry.

I really cant wait to hear these songs aswell as other MJ songs Mike worked on.. I hope 2012 shows to have alot of MJ related releases of things we have not heard and seen.. these tracks being only some of them.. You know IDK if people saw it but just to make people a lil happier I made an interesting an awesome find today that I noticed a note that was written by Michael found in his home that has titles over 20 songs, many of which we've never heard about...

Here's a link: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...aper-from-inside-his-house)-am-I-late-on-this

It was you that made that?!

yes :)

i used the instrumental from freddie's version + freddie's version + mike's a cappella.
that was in 2005. 6 years ago. i remember talked for example with korgnex about that. that there was allready a version out there, but the quality was terrible. and i want to have a better quality. so i've created this one.

i dont know why, but i have a very good feeling about next year. i mean, an bad album, concert dvd/blue ray, and more. i think this time it will be much better than "michael".
i cant wait to hear new songs from the bad era. for me the best michael jackson era. the best songs he ever made.

There is a version released on one of Freddie's albums? I didn't know this song had already been released...

Yes. It was on his 1985 solo album titled "Mr. Bad Guy"

I'm a little unnerved by other articles saying that there's just one song on there. Do you think that - because State of Shock and There Must Be More To Life Than This have already been released in different formats - only Victory will be on there?

http://www.noise11.com/news/queen-m...b92531d70-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email

2012 is gonna be my favourite year in a long time.. So excited that I can cry.

And by some people's perception, 2012 will be the last year EVER.........might as well go out with a bang!!!!

^Well, lets hope that 2012 is not the last year. I don't wanna die before hearing all the future planned MJ albums.

my two fav voices in music on the same songs! :D

Queen Given The Green Light To Work MJ Songs

This is nothing new and we've all heard these songs but:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/michael-j...son-queen-freddie-mercury-brian-may-new-songs

Michael Jackson's estate have finally given legendary rockers Queen permission to work on material recorded by the late King Of Pop and their former frontman Freddie Mercury.

Fans of both deceased superstars can now look forward to hearing previously unheard tracks from the duo, which are thought to have been recorded in the early Eighties when Queen were touring the US.

Speaking to The Sun about the songs, Queen guitarist Brian May revealed: "The Michael Jackson estate are happy for us to go ahead with the music. But it's not something that we can rush."

May - who recently performed at the 2011 MTV EMA - was also quick to slam allegations that
they were releasing the posthumous material for money, stating: "I don't work on things with the aim to make money or for promotional reasons."

He added: "I work on things with the view 'to let's see how it goes'. When it is something we feel is worthwhile then it's nice if we could get it out there."

Re: Queen Given The Green Light To Work MJ Songs

Great news. I have the utmost respect for Brian May, who's a great musician and someone we can trust.

Re: Queen Given The Green Light To Work MJ Songs

Can't wait.

My hopes for Victory are HIGH!!

I hope for a number 1!

God I can't wait to hear the finished version of these songs. I trust Brian & Roger will do a good job.

Not to get off topic....but woah is Brian showing his age. Seemed not too long ago he & Roger was touring with Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, and he was looking pretty good.

Oh wow, sounds pretty good. So its early 80's tracks?

STATE OF SHOCK
One of three songs Michael worked on with Queen’s lead vocalist,
Freddie Mercury, in 1983 – the others were There Must Be More To
Life Than This and Victory.
‘I was going to be on THRILLER,’ confirmed Freddie, before his death
from an AIDS-related illness in November 1991. ‘We had three songs
in the can but, unfortunately, they were never finished.’
Demo version by Michael and Freddie surfaced on the internet in 2002
– no official release.

THERE MUST BE MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS
One of three songs Michael worked on with Queen’s Freddie Mercury,
and recorded a demo duet version of with Freddie in the summer of
1983 – Michael composed some of his own lyrics as the 5-6 hour
session progressed.
Song first considered for release on Queen’s 1982 album, HOT SPACE
– it failed to make the group’s 1984 album, THE WORKS, as well. Solo
version by Freddie featured on his album, MR BAD GUY, issued in
Recording of Michael and Freddie working on the song in 1983
surfaced on the internet in 2002 – this version featured Freddie talking
about the song, and Michael singing solo, to piano accompaniment. A
second, longer version has vocals by Michael and Freddie – both
versions remains unreleased.

VICTORY
One of three songs Michael worked on with Queen’s front-man,
Freddie Mercury, when Michael invited him to Hayvenhurst in the
summer of 1983 (the other two were State Of Shock and There Must Be
More To Life Than This). Only Michael, Freddie and Freddie’s
personal assistant, Peter Freestone, were present during the 5-6 hour
session – so, with no drummer and Michael not keen on using a drum
machine, Freestone slammed a bedroom door in time with the rhythm.
Song began life as a Queen track, possibly intended for the group’s
HOT SPACE album. Michael and Freddie’s version wasn’t completed,
so wasn’t included on the Jacksons album of the same title, issued in
July 1984.
Queen’s Brian May told Q magazine in 1998 that he tried to finish the
three Freddie/Michael songs, but didn’t know how.
May and Roger Taylor are reported to have recorded backing vocals for
the Freddie/Michael demo in 2002, for inclusion on a Queen box-set –
however, copyright difficulties meant the track couldn’t be released.
May’s mother gave two Michael Jackson fans a cassette with Victory
(and the two other Jackson/Mercury songs) on it, after they contacted
her – no official release.

Michael Jackson:
For The Record
Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead

VIctory is going to be the main excitement out of the 3 for obvious reasons to me.. I wonder what it sounds like, Im excited

There's loads of Queen stuff happening this year (remastered re-releases, new documentary, Freddie Mercury Movie (Borat actor doing the lead role))........and there's 3 big reasons:

1.) 20 years since Freddie's death,
2.) Freddie's 65th birthday (5th September)
3.) Queens 40th Anniversary

I think the new queen album (with MJ vocals) will be the icing on the cake...........roll on 2012, I can't wait!!!!

wow, 2012 will be a totally big year. new sounds from the two best vocalists of all time. shit, i cant wait to hear and watch that all. :p

We've all heard the demos but so excited to hear the actual worked results!!!

2012 gonna be Rock.

2012 gonna be Rock.

Yes! :wild: :punk:
kermit.gif

2012 gonna be Rock.

Every year we think that the next year will be huge. We'll get dissapointed all over again. We michael jackson fans are so unlucky everytime.

^ Point made! lol!

We really have said next year, next year, next year.. For so long.... I don't think we are totally unlucky because we have gotten some incredable stuff eiter through leak or release.. BUT!! It has not been what we've hoped for the "next year" Since HIStory.. NOT in every way.. But to a large extent.. And After Invinicble even more..

Michael cannot be blamed, but something always seems to happen

Every year we think that the next year will be huge. We'll get dissapointed all over again. We michael jackson fans are so unlucky everytime.

2008 was pretty good, although it started off a lot better (T25) than it finished. 2009 was looking like a great year for Michael Jackson fans until June 25th.

But I understand what you're saying. I had high hopes for 2010 but that didn't turn out too well.

http://www.positivelymichael.com/forums/content.php?199-Freddie-and-Michael-A-Comparative-Tribute

Freddie and Michael: A Comparative Tribute

by larth2thnik
Published on 12-06-2011 04:51 AM

UYp1y.png

The end of 2011 means the coming of 2012. Depending on who you are, that may just mean the end of the world. If you’re me, it means the MJ/Freddie Mercury duets. For a long time, I’ve felt it was only appropriate to write a blog about Freddie and Michael, seeing as they’re two of the biggest influences of my life, but I never got the chance. I took some time tonight to really try to pay tribute to both, so hopefully I did it well.

When I was about 11 years old, I discovered Queen for the first time. I’d heard We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions on classic rock radio before, but I’d never actually heard Queen. I mean really, truly heard and understood them. And I remember that first time, it was like getting hit with a brick wall. To this day it feels like a brick wall. My admiration for Freddie goes beyond talent or showmanship but to everything that he is and was. Similarly to, guess who…

Michael Jackson. I don’t think I need to explain my love for Michael Jackson to you guys. I mean, I’m here, but I do often wonder how it is two of the world’s greatest talents also ended up being two of the strongest, most inspirational people I can think of. Before I get into why they each mean so much to me in their own way, I’d like to revel in the similarities.

Both of these men were unparalleled singers. Though the world-wide-web can’t seem to come to a definite conclusion on their vocal ranges, it does agree that both were above 3.5 octaves and that, in itself, is amazing.

Both Michael and Freddie were unparalleled entertainers to the point that they are easily recognized from just a few signature poses.

TfwDG.png
jXne4.png

Both are Bad.

vwNl6.png

BP5cY.png

They are both Statues.

7j7TT.png

MMBCP.png

Both had amazing taste in jackets.

NKUis.png

5wgZt.png

But beyond all that, on stage, both were magic. Plain and simple. Both had a sense of command over the crowd that seemed impossible. Both had a stage presence that was both over the top and natural. Above all else, when watching either of them on stage, there is that feeling that they were meant to do this, that it is important, and that it is right.

Beyond just being inspiring entertainers, both of these men have had a huge influence on my life. Freddie Mercury is a personal hero of mine. Growing up, I took the confidence I saw in him and looked for that confidence within myself. He was boldly and unapologetically himself in every way possible, and that had a huge impact on me while I was growing up. To this day, I make sure not to compromise myself for the sake of Freddie. On the other hand, I didn’t truly discover Michael until a few years ago, and as you can all see, it didn’t take long for me to fall in love with him. In Michael, however, I can’t say that I see a personal hero. I guess it is because Michael’s life is so far from anything that I can imagine that I just can’t relate. When I look at Michael, rather than a hero on a personal level, I see a not-so-personal example. The example is not only through his good deeds and philanthropy, but his strength and grace throughout situations and an entire life that I cannot begin to imagine are inspiring at the absolute least. That strength in awful circumstances is another trait shared by the two of them, as exampled by the grace with which Freddie bowed out of this life.

I guess, to summarize, In Freddie Mercury, I know how to be and who I am. In Michael, I see what I should aspire to be beyond myself.

And in both of them, I see some of the greatest talents, the greatest musicians, the greatest entertainers, and the greatest role models we’ll ever know.

This article was originally published in blog: Freddie and Michael: A Comparative Tribute started by larth2thnik

Back