Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

I don't know what to expect from this. Some of the Bad25 Doc was good some was just filler. It has to have plenty of footage of Mj or it won't be a success. My guess would be a TV special then a rerelease of some sort. As a stand alone release this will not sell very well I'm afraid. My expectations are low on this one for sure. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!

They will hardly do another section on his death- I really hope they don't. It worked for Bad25 considering it was the first documentary since his passing, but we don't need reminding that he is dead. Celebrate the music. Hope its a good job, and judging by Bad25 I think it will be.

I watched the Bad 25 doc today and really enjoyed it. I'd definitely watch similar docs about any of Michael's albums. I'm not super familiar with Off the Wall, so if there is a reissue, I would definitely give it more listens.

Yessssssssss!We expect to see as soon as possible?

They will hardly do another section on his death- I really hope they don't. It worked for Bad25 considering it was the first documentary since his passing, but we don't need reminding that he is dead. Celebrate the music. Hope its a good job, and judging by Bad25 I think it will be.

Couldn't agree more.

I want 2 hours of video in this documental and i hope can see unseen records and videos

Since Off the Wall is my favorite MJ album it would be interesting to hear new facts and information about the development process. In truth I wasn't a huge fan of Bad 25 so perhaps this doc would be an improvement.

Has there been any recent updates or info on this? I almost forgot about it.... I hope Spike didn't just tell us about it now and waiting for t he 40th anniversary lol! that would be a horrible tease..waiting til 2019

Has there been any recent updates or info on this? I almost forgot about it.... I hope Spike didn't just tell us about it now and waiting for t he 40th anniversary lol! that would be a horrible tease..waiting til 2019

you haven't seen the official teaser trailer? plus... i'm a little dissapointed that there will be no tour release if i'm honest

you haven't seen the official teaser trailer? plus... i'm a little dissapointed that there will be no tour release if i'm honest

There was a teaser released for this doco? I haven't the slightest recollection...

The long awaited Triumph Tour (that was filmed and recorded on multitrack!!!!!!!!!!!) will be.......

Remaining unreleased for another 20 years.

Off topic. I've been board with music of late needed something new so I bought Compton by Dr. Dre. It's different from his other work but it's fire in my opinion. It will tie me over for a while. Give it a few listens first before you judge it.

The long awaited Triumph Tour (that was filmed and recorded on multitrack!!!!!!!!!!!) will be.......

Remaining unreleased for another 20 years.

The problem with Trimph, Victory etc is that the Estate/Sony have pull all Jackson brothers on board to release it. I don't think it will be easy for all parties to find an agreement as some Jacksons seem to be rather anti-Estate.

Off topic. I've been board with music of late needed something new so I bought Compton by Dr. Dre. It's different from his other work but it's fire in my opinion. It will tie me over for a while. Give it a few listens first before you judge it.

I loved it too. That song with Em and the songs with kendrick were top notch! A lot of features but that's standard for a dre album :) Production is 10/10

I share your frustation zakk.

The problem with Trimph, Victory etc is that the Estate/Sony have pull all Jackson brothers on board to release it. I don't think it will be easy for all parties to find an agreement as some Jacksons seem to be rather anti-Estate.
Well, they may be anti-Estate, but they should get some nice money for it and think about their legacy.
They need to do it fast bc they're not getting younger and most fans like me who want to re-live and buy these concerts will soon be dead.
:(

I don't think the Jacksons would have any issue for some exposer and some cash!! It's a perfect excuse for some public attention. Estate related or not.. in fact I could see them being pro estate just because of it..

Well, they may be anti-Estate, but they should get some nice money for it and think about their legacy.
They need to do it fast bc they're not getting younger and most fans like me who want to re-live and buy these concerts will soon be dead.
:(

I don't think the Jacksons would have any issue for some exposure and some cash!! It's a perfect excuse for some public attention. Estate related or not.. in fact I could see them being pro estate just because of it..

:( I was thinking about that too, Barbee. Those of us that were fans from their J5 days want to see those shows again before we die. I know I want to re-live those shows, even though I actually attended some of them. Going down Memory Lane on a blu ray disc may be all I have left. And KOPV is right; the brothers know people want to see those shows and will pay to have them on disc, so they shouldn't have a problem with Mike's estate wanting to release them someday.

I wonder if Branca & Co. even NEED the remaining Jackson brothers' permission to release them?

Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours should all be released. (Bad and Dangerous should get a Blu Ray release with another concert)

Every tour should be released over time.. Simple as that! Id say with an anniversary of an album should come a concert to promote it.. On top of that IDK what they are waiting for to release more TII footage.. a 10 year anniversary?

They should release 'MICHAEL JACKSON: A GENIUS ON STAGE 1970-2009' featuring all J5 & MJ Tours including rehearsals and behind the scenes featurette in a deluxe Blu-Ray & DVD set. Separate release could be 'Magic In The Making' Studio documentaries for all of his solo records, including extensive behind the scenes interviews and footage from unreleased sessions etc. etc. etc.

^^Yes!!! Post this to that Estate request thread.

i would, but it's been closed.... i don't think we'll ever be so lucky... although fans would probably die for it, i know i would! maybe on a future collectors label

They should release 'MICHAEL JACKSON: A GENIUS ON STAGE 1970-2009' featuring all J5 & MJ Tours including rehearsals and behind the scenes featurette in a deluxe Blu-Ray & DVD set. Separate release could be 'Magic In The Making' Studio documentaries for all of his solo records, including extensive behind the scenes interviews and footage from unreleased sessions etc. etc. etc.

:punk: His J5 years are a must, especially for people that didn't experience and/or ignore the beginning of his career! The entire professional journey of Mike is important and it shows his development as the supernova he became in his solo years.

:punk: His J5 years are a must, especially for people that didn't experience and/or ignore the beginning of his career! The entire professional journey of Mike is important and it shows his development as the supernova he became in his solo years.
Ditto!! I couldn't agree more. I second that.

I wish everyone could see his evolution in real time. But if not, next best thing is to release all of this.

Ditto!! I couldn't agree more. I second that.

I wish everyone could see his evolution in real time. But if not, next best thing is to release all of this.

Yep, would be nice to see cause I missed out on it. I got 'hit' by Thriller :blush:

Why has there been absolutely zero news about this?? It feels likes it's not even happening anymore :\

^^It seems to be very quiet in the Michael world all over right now.

^^It seems to be very quiet in the Michael world all over right now.

I mean, the guy is dead. It's something we're going to have to get used to tbh.

Back