Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

As a whole its the biggest broadcaster.BBC has two channels.BBC one shows soaps and two shows more documentry type shows. BBC is the national broadcaster so Everyone gets them

The BBC as a whole is indeed the broadcaster with the largest audience share in the UK. It is publicly funded.

There are more than just two channels however: BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, BBC News, BBC Parliament, CBBC etc. - all broadcasting on television to UK households. There are also regional variances in the content and indeed line-up of channels depending on where you are in the UK. And a network of radio channels.

BBC Two would appear to be, over the last 20 years or so, the UK's 3rd most watched TV channel behind BBC One and ITV.

If someone still has not seen this or BAD25... Get on it ASAP! lol

^^ Plus BBC iplayer which allows you to watch / listen to most BBC broadcast programmes online (free) for 30 days after they have been broadcast..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

(Reply with quote not working for me at the moment)

The BBC as a whole is indeed the broadcaster with the largest audience share in the UK. It is publicly funded.

There are more than just two channels however: BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, BBC News, BBC Parliament, CBBC etc. - all broadcasting on television to UK households. There are also regional variances in the content and indeed line-up of channels depending on where you are in the UK. And a network of radio channels.

BBC Two would appear to be, over the last 20 years or so, the UK's 3rd most watched TV channel behind BBC One and ITV.

Yes of course the bbc has many diff tv/radio channels but i was talking interms of the mainstream BBC channels that everyone gets and got before the digitalisation of tv. The original standard channels in the uk are bbc 1 and 2,ITV channel 4 and 5 any show on those channels gets the most ratings all the other freeview channels lag far behind. I just hope they promote it this time unlike when they showed bad 25.i remember a rollingstone doc showed on bbc 2 at the same time and every other advert was for it.yet nothing for bad

Yeah ive heard of that but ive also read about it having alot of security issues. I'll record it off film on and watch it on intelsat

If you have android or a laptop search for filmon tv. You can watch uk tv on there for free

Mawwwcus ?@MoodyHHO 19h19 hours ago
Love the newest Michael Jackson documentary

Krysilove ?@krysilove 19h19 hours ago
Off the Wall is my favorite Michael Jackson album and this documentary is reinforcing that

Honey Three ?@Honeytres 19h19 hours ago
Finally watching @SpikeLee Michael Jackson the journey... Excellent footage.@JohnLeguizamo comments hit it on the head

Eric C. ?@TheReal_RikTik1 19h19 hours agoMiddle River, MD
"Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown To Off The Wall" is a must see!!!Great Job @SpikeLee #GoneButNotForgotten

Susaye Greene ?@susaye Feb 21
@Na_LaSha thank you Nash; it was so fun! I love Michael.
1f451.png
Happy week ahead. Can't wait for the dvdpackage. love from me. @susaye #MJOTW2016

Denecah Nickerson ?@MissNickerson 18h18 hours ago
Just watched "Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall." It was amazing. @SpikeLee, please tell me a "Thriller" is coming next!

Anora Blazin ?@anorablazin365 18h18 hours ago
S/O to @SpikeLee for all his work.. But especially for this Michael Jackson documentary. I needed to see that. Thank you!!
1f647.png
270a.png
1f49b.png
#Motown #HBO

Rachel Hughes ?@huggies65 19h19 hours ago
@SpikeLee the @michaeljackson documentary on showtime well done. Well done Spike

WriterGirlDaisysMom ?@Very_Heather 19h19 hours ago
My god. Michael Jackson was amazing. I don't think I fully appreciated that until this documentary on @Showtime MJ: From Motown to OffThWall

FORD ?@dbaileee 19h19 hours ago
when u live in a household that loves Michael Jackson so the documentary is playing on every tv in the house
1f62d.png

Dr. Marc Williams ?@networkingman14 19h19 hours ago
@RodneyJerkins LOVED your analysis in Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall. You are so knowledgeable Brother.

Ayana ?@ayanasw 19h19 hours ago
Watching Michael Jackson journey from #Motown to #OfftheWall. Sitting here amazed as #MJ was beyond talented! Off the Wall my fav album. RIP

Clark Keith ?@cbk20 19h19 hours ago
@SpikeLee Just saw your Michael Jackson documentary, very very good

Denise Allen ?@MsDeniseAllen 19h19 hours ago
. @SpikeLee managed to find such great footage for Michael Jackson Journey From Motown to Off The Wall. MJ was 1 of akind. @Showtime #Boss

Paul Haggard ?@PaulDHaggard 19h19 hours ago
...and the whole house stops activity when the showtime documentary on michael jackson comes on.

Jbarnacles ?@jbarnacles 20h20 hours ago
#ShoutOut to @SpikeLee for Michael Jackson's journey from Motown to Off The Wall documentary I encourage all to check it out! #KingOfPop

barbara cronan ?@bacronan 20h20 hours ago
Watching #MichaelJackson documentary w/my kids so they understand what #talent #work and #genius look like #thriller #offthewall @Showtime

Natalie Nixon ?@natwnixon 22h22 hours ago
Great documentary- The gift of music, the gift of dance. Michael Jackson's Off the Wall #BestAlbumEver https://youtu.be/F54kIhEQ7p0 via @YouTube

Jonathan Boustead ?@jboustead13 22h22 hours ago
Thank you @SpikeLee for the Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off The Wall documentary. Brilliant insight into THE genius.

Nicole Purcell ?@ClioNicole 22h22 hours agoManhattan, NY
@michaeljackson Journey from @motown @SpikeLee @Showtime such an amazing talent, so missed. Must watch

This week's Billboard 200

#65 Off The Wall
#91 Bad
#103 Thriller
#131 The Essential Michael Jackson

It's really late here and I should have been in bed hours ago-BUT just saw this on my emails before heading to bed. OTW doc will be shown in Ireland this Friday-sounds like it's making the rounds, country by country.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/...t-Dublins-Grand-Social-this-Friday/377519.htm

Spike Lee's Michael Jackson documentary is being screened at Dublin's Grand Social this Friday

2528869-michael-jackson-617.jpg

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0 32 32" title="Email" alt="Email" class="at-icon at-icon-email" style="width: 32px; height: 32px;"><g></g></svg>
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0 32 32" title="Google Bookmark" alt="Google Bookmark" class="at-icon at-icon-google" style="width: 32px; height: 32px;"><g></g></svg>
&#8203;
The Grand Social in Dublin is hosting a free screening of new Michael Jackson documentary 'Michael Jackson's Journey: From Motown to Off the Wall' this Friday.
Directed by Spike Lee, the film collates "material from Michael’s personal archive, interviews with contemporary talents and family members, and Michael’s own words and image to create this insightful chronicle from the star’s early rise to fame through the release of this seminal album".
It features contributions from The Weeknd, Pharrell Williams, Kobe Bryant, Mark Ronson, John Legend, Questlove, Katherine Jackson, Joe Jackson, L.A. Reid and more.
The Grand Social is hosting a free screening at 7pm on Friday, which will be followed by a 'Michael Jackson Disco Party' that will run til the wee hours.
Entry is free, but you must register for tickets via mjtgsevent@gmail.com, or by calling into the venue to ask for tickets.
The documentary is also being released in a special CD/DVD bundle featuring 'Off the Wall' on Friday, and attendees will be given the chance to win copies, too.
<iframe width="590" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5X-Mrc2l1d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" style="border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px;"></iframe>

Yes Michael was human - but he was definitely touched by something special!

He was man but extraordinary

Yes of course the bbc has many diff tv/radio channels but i was talking interms of the mainstream BBC channels that everyone gets and got before the digitalisation of tv. The original standard channels in the uk are bbc 1 and 2,ITV channel 4 and 5 any show on those channels gets the most ratings all the other freeview channels lag far behind. I just hope they promote it this time unlike when they showed bad 25.i remember a rollingstone doc showed on bbc 2 at the same time and every other advert was for it.yet nothing for bad

Are there still parts of the UK that don't get the digital channels? I know before we were ALL digital there were pockets of weaker signals but since the analogue signal was switched off the digital one was boosted.

Not sure chris. Havnt lived in uk for the past two years. Maybe random areas in the wilds of scotland had trouble with the change but i think everywhere else was pretty smooth when the change over happened. Think it was a good five plus year ago

Great review. He even praises Dangerous and said some nice words about HIStory! Very refreshing to see that in an article.

Only mistake in that article is this sentence:

"As Lee's documentary shows, Epic Records hated Jones' production work on "Off the Wall."" which is not true at all. It is said just that they didn't believe Jones was the right producer for the album because he's too "jazzy". They never criticized or "hated" anything in relation to his work on Off The Wall and nothing such is mentioned in Spike's doc.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/02/off_the_wall_reissue_spotlight.html

This other interview is good but not that positive as the other.

It has this disgusting racist part about MJ wanting to be white(er):

"But 1979 was scarred by the beginning of the quasi-racist "disco sucks" backlash; Michael also got his first nose job that year, narrowing his nostrils. And though he would become even more successful in the '80s, those astronomical heights sometimes catered to white tastes&#8212;in both appearance and sound&#8212;in a way that could seem effortful, cynical, and sad."

And it has this mistake: "This is heard on iconic opener "Don&#8217;t Stop &#8216;Til You Get Enough," the first song Michael ever wrote by himself" which is not true.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21548-off-the-wall/

OnirMJ;4137800 said:
And it has this mistake: "This is heard on iconic opener "Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough," the first song Michael ever wrote by himself"
You'd think that in this day and age, with so much information available literally at our fingertips, fact checking would be a lot easier for journalists than ever before. Unbelievable.

You'd think that in this day and age, with so much information available literally at our fingertips, fact checking would be a lot easier for journalists than ever before. Unbelievable.

Thats why somebody who's had the opportunity to witness his entire solo career should be allowed his entire story from every perspective because we've never gotten it

The problem is when the people who say they want to know really doesn't

Thats why somebody who's had the opportunity to witness his entire solo career should be allowed his entire story from every perspective because we've never gotten it

The problem is when the people who say they want to know really doesn't
Once again, Brighter, you're referring to some "secret entire story" that the world either doesn't know or doesn't want to know or aren't ready to know.
If you don't tell us what you're talking about, how do we know if we want it, or are ready to know???????????????

Once again, Brighter, you're referring to some "secret entire story" that the world either doesn't know or doesn't want to know or aren't ready to know.
If you don't tell us what you're talking about, how do we know if we want it, or are ready to know???????????????

because I see it

because I see it
Once aain, because you see what? Because you see all of us not wanting, or not ready to know.

Or are you the one with the perspective of his whole adult career and see the thing we apparently don't want or ready to know.

You know I also had the opportunity to witness his entire solo career, and his teen career, and his child prodigy career. The only things I missed are the talent shows, and the Chitlin Circuit, obviously. And I still have no clue what you're talking about.

Paris78;4137766 said:
'Off the Wall' reissue spotlights Michael Jackson's first masterpiece http://s.cleveland.com/EQhku5C

Pitchfork &#8207;@pitchfork

.@michaeljackson's Off the Wall is named Best New Reissue, reviewed by @ryandombal http://p4k.co/YGtDz

Michael audibly moved to tears at the end of the song, his voice cracking. It’s an imperfect moment from a noted perfectionist, and Jones’ production handles the emotion with understated grace. "A lesser producer would have milked all that drama for all it’s worth," says ?uestlove in the doc, laughing. "Trust me, if Puffy was producing ‘She’s Out of My Life’ he would have had… Kleenex sponsor the tour."

Hahaa:D

Once aain, because you see what? Because you see all of us not wanting, or not ready to know.

Or are you the one with the perspective of his whole adult career and see the thing we apparently don't want or ready to know.

You know I also had the opportunity to witness his entire solo career, and his teen career, and his child prodigy career. The only things I missed are the talent shows, and the Chitlin Circuit, obviously. And I still have no clue what you're talking about.

Ignore Bringing Brighter Days. He/She hasn't a clue how to make a contribution to a conversation without backing it up with proof. What he/she says is gospel.

Ignore Bringing Brighter Days. He/She hasn't a clue how to make a contribution to a conversation without backing it up with proof. What he/she says is gospel.
It seems to me this person is trying to be mysterious? But he/she is not very good at it, and make him/herself look like someone who has no idea what he/she is talking about

I know :D

Back