Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Well, maybe it's not generally negative, but when people go on about miniscule negative points for pages and they blow them out of proportion it does feel more negative than the general public's reaction to it on social media etc. Not saying they do not have the right to express a negative opinion and even to go on about miniscule negative points for pages - they do, of course. It's simply an observation.
maybe that's because the general public doesn't expect as much as fans does. also, it's much easier to talk about it in details in a thread on a forum with other fans, where everyone has seen it (at least most of them who visits this thread) has, than on a social media site, where maybe not all your friends are MJ fans, if any at all. of course details are gonna get analyzed in a thread like this...

Well, maybe it's not generally negative, but when people go on about miniscule negative points for pages and they blow them out of proportion it does feel more negative than the general public's reaction to it on social media etc. Not saying they do not have the right to express a negative opinion and even to go on about miniscule negative points for pages - they do, of course. It's simply an observation.

I take this documentary (as I did with Bad25) for what it is. Is it perfect? No. Fans may also have an idea about how it could have been better. But overall it's a positive thing that it happened because it does seem to bring a lot of positive attention on MJ generally and on OTW specifically. Which is exactly what we need from docs like this.

Of course, it would have been nice if it could have provided more insight into MJ's creative process, more in-depth info and stuff like that, but It's obvious since Bad 25 that these are not the documentaries that will do that. I just appreciate them for what they are and generally they are a positive addition to MJ's legacy IMO. They are definitely something I would show to a non-fan to raise interest in MJ. And if they want in-depth info they can go on and research them on fan websites and blogs and books.

I like this post. I thought the doc was good, not amazing, but I'm not going out of my way to drill home the points I didnt like. It was what it was. Don't see how people could expect any better like...

There was no way this documentary was going to draw negative vibes because there was not one single aspect of that album, of that stage of Michael Jackson's career as an adult solo artist that could be considered negative

maybe that's because the general public doesn't expect as much as fans does. also, it's much easier to talk about it in details in a thread on a forum with other fans, where everyone has seen it (at least most of them who visits this thread) has, than on a social media site, where maybe not all your friends are MJ fans, if any at all. of course details are gonna get analyzed in a thread like this...

I agree...There is a lot more analysis that goes on in these threads compared to other places, so your going to get all sorts of opinions on the small details. I don't see a problem in it (as long as they don't go overboard). We all have our opinions of what would make the documentary better/worse. :)

Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall" (released 37 YEARS ago!) is currently #59 on Billboard's Top Album Sales Chart!

CbcXtZ_W8AECovu.jpg

Weekly US Top 100 Album Sales Chart (Albums Sales Only) #59 Off The Wall #95 Thriller #97 Bad #125 The Essential Michael Jackson

Weekly US Top Catalog Album Chart (albums sales only) #8 Off The Wall #17 Thriller #18 Bad #30 The Essential Michael Jackson

Weekly US R&B/HipHop Catalog Albums (album sales only) #2 Off The Wall #4 Thriller #5 Bad #10 The Essential Michael Jackson #22 Number Ones
https://twitter.com/TheBestofMJJ

Kevin Hughes ‏@Popprince 17 Std.Vor 17 Stunden

Documenting a genius & one of the greatest albums of all time.. Loved @SpikeLee "Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off The Wall"
1 Retweet 6 Gefällt mir
Kevin Hughes ‏@Popprince 20 Std.Vor 20 Stunden

Kevin Hughes hat Steve Wilton retweetet

Great to see you. Thank you @SpikeLee for an amazing film

Kevin Hughes hat hinzugefügt,
Steve Wilton @SteveWiltonUK
Amazing night at the @michaeljackson #OffTheWall screening at BAFTA. Thank you @SonyMusicUK for the tickets. @popprince was a great host.
0 Retweets 2 Gefällt mir
Kevin Hughes ‏@Popprince 18. Feb.

Hosting first UK screening of Spike Lee's Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown to Off The Wall-for Sony Music UK

Now this is what i like to see. It makes me happy to see that the public do see the Documentary is postive and that a good sign.

10 Simple Workouts to Get Fit While Jamming Out to Michael Jackson’s Off the Wall Album

Working out can be a real doozy, but two sure-fire ways to effectively get after that revenge body are to (1) bump some tunes and (2) ask a total babe to take his shirt off and coach you through it.

Michael Jackson
provided the soundtrack. Model and bearded god Lee Barney provided the coaching (and abspiration). Lee, 25, hails from Philadelphia. He’s now based out of South Florida and his shirtless pictures have nearly broken Instagram. He graced our studios earlier this week to show us how he keeps his body right and to give us some tips to work out to MJ’s legendary Off the Wall album.

“Off the Wall by Michael Jackson was the most complete album when it comes to variety of songs. This album has dancing tracks, tracks that make you want to fall in love, tracks about life, tracks about the world. It just brings you so many emotions,” Lee says of the album.
Check him out in the following 10 workout gifs, each paired to one song from MJ’s album. Can you make it through the whole workout without drooling breaking a sweat?Working out can be a real doozy, but two sure-fire ways to effectively get after that revenge body are to (1) bump some tunes and (2) ask a total babe to take his shirt off and coach you through it.

"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough"
1-1454622501.gif

Stretching is oh-so important! It helps to prevent muscle cramps and can also aid digestion. Here, Lee proposes a simple, three-part stretch: touch your toes, spread your legs and reach down to your left and right toes to stretch out those glutes, calves and thighs. Don’t start your workout ’til you get enough of stretching! (See what we did there?)

"Rock With You"

2-1454622502.gif

Squats are the perfect way to tone your booty and thighs. Lee suggests using an exercise ball for added support because let’s face it, squats are hella hard. Slow and steady is the way to go. Form is everything, folks!

“Working Day And Night”

3-1454622503.gif

No good workout is complete without ab exercises, so we asked Ab Master Lee to show us how he keeps his core tight. Take an exercise ball (if you have one) and lay down with it in between your hands. Using your core, lift your legs and arms so you can pass the ball from your hands to your feet. Lay back down with the ball between your feet. Use your core again to now pass the ball from your feet to your hands. Repeat and feel the burn.

Get on the Floor
4-1454622504.gif

A great way to get your Beyonce thigh gap going is the lunge. Lee suggests using weights as a challenge—mind over body, y’all. Holding weights in either hand, take one step forward with your right leg and bend your left knee until it’s almost touching the ground. Step back into resting position and repeat with your left leg.

http://www.vh1.com/news/241517/michael-jackson-off-the-wall-workout/

I've got 8 days left on my freebie Showtime trial and I'm going to watch it until I cancel it, lol!
Me too!!! I was just checking my calendar to make sure what day I have to cancel it-wish I didn't get home so late every night-but I'm bound to watch it a few more times this weekend. :)

By the way, that's funny having special workouts to Off the Wall-haha. Just dance!!!!

I think you can just cancel it now, and it it lets you keep watching until the days are over.

I think you can just cancel it now, and it it lets you keep watching until the days are over.
Thank you Atlas. I may do that bc I don't want to get charged. Save the money for the actual DVD. :)
They had some movies and several other docs I wanted to see but I keep watching OTW over and over.

Been away for a few weeks but can anyone tell me if the documentary shown on tv and the one on the cd release
has the same length or is it just like it was with the BAD25 documentary 4 years ago? (bluray much longer than the tv version)

Been away for a few weeks but can anyone tell me if the documentary shown on tv and the one on the cd release
has the same length or is it just like it was with the BAD25 documentary 4 years ago? (bluray much longer than the tv version)
This one was on cable without commercials, so it'll be the same length.

TV version of Bad25 was ripped apart for commercials.(At least in US. ABC cut off at least 45 minutes of the show-maybe even an hour just for commercials. I never saw the whole thing til I bought it.)

Last edited:
TV version of Bad25 was ripped apart for commercials.

In other countries like Germany it aired also in full length.

The Best of Internet ?@TheBestofMJJ 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde

Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown To Off The Wall, directed by Spike Lee, will be shown on UK BBC Two on Saturday March 12.

The Best of Internet ?@TheBestofMJJ 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde

Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown To Off The Wall, directed by Spike Lee, will be shown on UK BBC Two on Saturday March 12.

I knew BBC will show it as they bought rights to Bad25 too:clapping:

I am glad BBC shows it. It needs to reach a bigger audience. The rest will take care of itself. :)

Thanks for the date anyone know what time. Never saw bad 25 but might watch this.bit easier seeing an earlier mj

CityofHoustonent ?@irepthaH

Do yourself a favor today and watch Michael Jackson's "Journey from Motown to Off the Wall" on Showtime. #trustme

CbrE_QjVAAAq1Wh.jpg

I can't wait for this to be released so I can see it in crisp Blu-Ray quality.

I haven't been able to find a place to stream it - in Denmark - in HD quality.

As a whole its the biggest broadcaster.BBC has two channels.BBC one shows soaps and two shows more documentry type shows. BBC is the national broadcaster so Everyone gets them

I hope the most people possible will see this doc and remember what Michael Jackson was really all about. The Music, the Happiness, The joy, the Performances, The Magic !!!

Back