Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 19 Std.Vor 19 Stunden

AUSTRALIA AIRDATE for Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to Off the Wall doc | @Channel9 Sunday, March 20, at 9.10pm on Channel Nine.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...hird-number-1-album-billboard-200-chart-moves

— Michael Jackson, Off the Wall - No. 61 — Michael Jackson’s classic Epic Records debut, Off the Wall, zooms 110-61 on the Billboard 200 following its rerelease on Feb. 26. The set earned 10,000 equivalent album units (up 66 percent) and 9,000 in pure album sales (up 92 percent) in the week ending March 3, according to Nielsen Music. Off the Wall peaked at No. 3 for three weeks in 1980, stuck behind Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ Damn the Torpedoes (No. 2) and another “wall,” Pink Floyd’s The Wall (No. 1).

Michael Jackson's 1979 "Off the Wall" is currently No. 2 on @billboard Catalog Albums Chart #MJOTW2016
CdMz3E_UAAACj08.jpg

Yes, the original source is reliable but BBC wasn't:)
BBC 2 pushed the release back one week, so it is showing on BBC 19 March @21.00
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programm...and/2016/03/19

Which happens to be in the middle of the UK wwf 'Earth Hour' 2016, when electrical items (mainly lights) are asked to be turned off.....
(Previous events featured acoustic music and cycle-powered energy)

http://earthhour.wwf.org.uk/

WWF’s Earth Hour is an annual global celebration where people switch off their lights for one hour to show they care about the future of our planet.

This year’s celebrations will be on Saturday 19 March from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. To take part, all you need to do is sign up and switch off your lights for that one hour.

It’s a symbolic and spectacular lights out display with a big message – we want to protect the future of our planet!

Last edited:
^^Lots of nautical/military looks there (yes!) along with some sweet alice in wonderland dresses.
Love some of those jackets.

So the official music charts for New Zealand just came in for this week. Off the Wall is #18! http://nztop40.co.nz/chart/albums

On iTunes NZ, Off the Wall is currently at #40, Number Ones at #98 and The Essential #135 (Essential was around the Top 30 about 24-48 hours ago, it actually sells quite nicely on iTunes as it's only $10.99, which is a really good bargain!).

I don't think it's too bad given the fact that, minus the airing of the documentary, there's been just no advertising for this and the iTunes album is priced at the same price as a brand new album.

ITunes Charts ?@itunescharts

'Off the Wall' by @michaeljackson climbs 43 places to No.48 in the US Album Chart #itunes http://bit.ly/22fdcAn

France Top 100 Catalogue Albums Chart #3 (last week: #1) Off The Wall #19 (30) Number Ones 48 (66) The Essential Michael Jackson

mp3 Deals ?@mp3stores March 13th
[Fast Movers] #8: Off the Wall http://amzn.to/1YNgnx9

Last edited:
A new book about Michael Jackson entitled ‘Off The Wall – From the Beginning, Brick by Brick’ is due to be released next week through independent media company, Sixteen11. The A4 paper is over 100 pages featuring licensed images of the star from his early years up to and including the release of Off the Wall. In addition, the book contains a series of historic overviews split in various chapters.

“As Michael was such a visual artist, I wanted to see more as such an iconic time period is currently being revisited” says author Pez Jax. “Therefore I decided to set about filling in that gap and producing a book of stunning images and detailed historical overviews.”

More details to follow shortly at www.sixteen11.com

Source: MJVibe | Sixteen11

Promo-OTW0.jpg

Doc will be on tv here (Denmark) tonite 11.15 pm on DR3. I had no idea, my mom told me :)

Paris78;4140718 said:
A new book about Michael Jackson entitled ‘Off The Wall – From the Beginning, Brick by Brick’ is due to be released next week through independent media company, Sixteen11. The A4 paper is over 100 pages featuring licensed images of the star from his early years up to and including the release of Off the Wall. In addition, the book contains a series of historic overviews split in various chapters.

“As Michael was such a visual artist, I wanted to see more as such an iconic time period is currently being revisited” says author Pez Jax. “Therefore I decided to set about filling in that gap and producing a book of stunning images and detailed historical overviews.”

Promo-OTW0.jpg

OTW getting all this love all of a sudden because nothing else is coming down the pike, so everyone trying to cash in

Paris78;4140718 said:

Promo-OTW0.jpg

Does the estate endorse this? I'm not interested if it didn't.

Watching the doc now. First time ive really watched anything of mj in 7 years.first impression is theres alot of flicking from one clip/person to the next. A few seconds then another person.you want to hear more but then it skips to another person. Kinda annoying. Makes you dizzy also just audio of mj talking. Very little so far of actual mj and very little footage that isnt well known and been shown in other docs. Couldnt they find some rarer stuff other than the box standard footage from the legend continues

Wow at the dont stop concert footage. My lord .sex on legs!!!!! ? well all the concert footage from that time

Overall 1 hr in im getting abit bored. Way to many talking heads giving their opinion/comments which arent really relevent. What about ppl that actually worked on the songs giving insight.the concert footage is the only good thing about this so far

Dam stevie is looking old. Got love the fake ass bleepers talking heads. Legend and reid. And brancas been on the botox!

Best comment at the end from rosie perez said with true emotion and feeling.that set me off and the tears flow. Miss you beautiful mike?

Overall opinion. as i said earlier way to many talking heads not enough footage of mj .i dunno did mj give so few interviews back then hence the lack of footage? Or studio footage.could of been so much more with interviews with ppl who worked on the album etc but it ended up dragging alot of the time because of the talking heads. If someone could edit out all the t .heads bar the record company ppl and just put all the mj footage together that would make it worth watching more than once.

Last edited:
Watched it tonight on BBC2 for the first time. Loved it. Thought it was brilliant.

Me too, learned a lot and seen things I hadn't before. Made me appreciate the album even more.

So job done.

The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 5 Std.vor 5 Stunden

United Kingdom iTunes Charts

#3 Off the Wall
#36 The Essential Michael Jackson
#43 Number Ones
#48 Thriller
#151 Bad
1 Retweet 2 Gefällt mir
The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 6 Std.vor 6 Stunden

Japan Weekly Western Album Chart

#1 Off The Wall Michael Jackson