Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

Counting down the minutes!

Am very excited. Can't wait!

No it's 9:45

cannot wait for it to start! Was lucky to see it already thanks to MJJC at the premier and have been wanting to watch it again since, I loved it! Best documentary by far!

Bad era! :wub:

popcorn is popped, BBC2 is on, anxiously waiting the documentary of the year! enjoy you guys, Love you Michael forever :heart:

Been watching via online stream.

Did anyone notice this? It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing.

They had a blip of MJ walking off the stage after MITM (but before the Where Were You bit),
and it was obviously a part shot on film (maybe the Moonwalker filming).
(They cut from the last part of Wembley MITM where he's walking off, then cut to a piece of film footage of a close up).

They obviously have MITM on film around. Spike should have made an edit from that stuff, as there's probably several shows where they filmed that song.

/nitpicking :D

Been watching and crying.. oh Michael..

Wow, I really hope everyone see's this version. It's so much more stuff to watch!

Oddly, though, I think the "where were you" bit was sadder on the ABC version. With it being shorter and straight to the silent reactions, it seemed more powerful.

And man, I'd love to have multi tracks for all these songs to isolate stuff and just hear stuff track by track, like they are doing on the mixing boards with the original recordings.

did someone record it and made it on torrent. or can i watch it somewhere? Im from holland. Please really wanna see it.

Is it good? Much new footage and loving michael?

Thank you Spike Lee for this amazing documentary!Once again I was in the Michael Jackson's world and I just loooove being in there.
I was watching, smiling and/or weeping:(depending on the scenes in the doc.
It was a wonderful story about an excellent album made by the greatest entertainer that has ever walked on this Earth and his talented friends...
What an exceptional artist and a man he was! Any person who can't see this must be "blind" and, I just think, it's his/her loss...

Last edited:

WOW What a couple of hours, such mixed emotions, rollercoaster ride! I miss him so much :-( My fav parts were the making of BAD video (did you notice some of the clips were in amazing quality?) and just loved seeing Michael in the recording studio, especially with Stevie Wonder!

That was brilliant. Loved it. BUT i wanted more Michael! More studio footage, more Michael behind the scenes.... Just being his beautiful natural self. So good to see a documentary give him the respect he deserved and none of the usual sensationalist rubbish. What an incredible wonderful human being he was.

Did anyone think Steve Stevens was happy or put off that he was on the single cover (at the time)?
Wasn't sure by his reaction.
I'd imagine fine with it (at the time), since it went to Smooth Criminal right after that part.

Simply amazing .. that was probably the best documenary about Mike and didn't feel like 2 hours +.

Bring on Dangerous25!

what a beautiful and intimate documentary that was by spike lee, each moment of unseen footage was just mixed in a way to give you a feeling of what it would have been like back in 86-89! seeing that film footage of MITM just gave me chills! and the quality of Another Part of me, it was perfect! I mean these film reels are 25 years old and they still provide beautiful HD footage, I just hope and wish that the film feels for one of these shows will show up some day!

overall, a fascinating insight into the working life of Michael Joe Jackson. forever loved, forever missed, never forgotten. :heart:

My god that was absolutely incredible. So much better than the edited US version, can't wait for a home version. There was so much more extra footage from Bad and Smooth Criminal videos!

After something like this I feel much stronger the emptiness, the silents in the world without Michael.
God, I miss him so much! :cry:

and another tweet:
Just heard about @showbiz411's comments re my book. I guess he doesn't realize my book came out over a year ago and is still competing on Amazon with a book that was just released. http://www.joevogel.net/man-in-the-music

Hahaa, well said Joe. Roger is stuck in the 90's.

Please even Michael is laughing at Roger

Last edited:

Saw the doc on the BBC tonight, it was simply outstanding! Very glad we got to see the full 2 and a half hours here in the UK. Hopefully it will be uploaded soon for non-UK fans!

Hope someone upload somewhere for us who arent in UK... dying to watch this...
PM me then. thx

Last edited:

Good that it's generally positive, but I don't like how commentators always class Bad as his last great album. For me Dangerous is also a classic. It has even sold more than Bad worldwide.

Consider it an improvement. Before this docu the general consensus in the MSM was that Thriller was his last great album. Now it's Bad. Maybe if Spike does a docu on Dangerous 25, HIStory 25 they will discover them too :p

(BTW, IMO Dangerous was Michael's artistic peak and best album.)

Respect have you noticed that they all say the same thing about BAD being his last best. It is almost as though they have a meeting and decide this, or one person makes a statement and they all have to follow for fear of being seen as "not one of the boys." Then you will see them all writing that his work was not good after Thriller.

Will this docu be rebroadcast on BBC????

I hope I find it from Youtube soon

Did Joe get it wrong? He said Another Part Of Me was chosen because when deciding weather to have Another Part Of Me or Streetwalker for the album Mike got up and danced to Another Part Of Me and that's why they went with that song but I thought it was because Frank Dileo got up and danced and that's why they chose Another Part Of Me? Maybe they both danced to it at some point. But Mike did like Streetwalker best.

Without a doubt the best documentary since The Legend Continues, and it beats that by miles. Spoke Lee did what no one could do in Michael's life time. I just wish Michael could have seen it. He would have been so proud.

Back