Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater [Summer Release]

Spike Lee@SpikeLee25 Mai

"@neverlandstar: @SpikeLee Is the Michael Jackson BAD25 Documentary ever comig out on DVD?"JUNE.

I really hope it comes on Blu-Ray too!!

Do you guys think it will have lots of extra material??

June is in a couple of days and I cannot find more information about the release i.e where can we buy it

Does anyone know more ?

thanks !

We won't know more until it is announced officially.

At the end of June . But no promotion. I was told.

I wonder who told you that? Actually Spike Lee is all you need for promotion of that DVD. He will most likely do a few interviews and self promote it. but I believe there will be some promotion from the estate as well for the release. plus The media will promote it just as they did the TV release. The word will get out.

I wonder who told you that? Spike Lee is all you need for promotion. :lol: He will do interviews and self promote. but I believe there will be some promotion from the estate as well for the release. plus The media will promote it just as they did the TV release. The word will get out.
Official source. But I can't say who. Sorry. But at least, there will be no big promotion. Sony will not do that. It's just for fans and those who are interested, the people who will know it's coming no matter what.

At the end of June . But no promotion. I was told.

If that true that will be crap there will be no promotion :( it needs to be promoted

I think it will sell very well whether it is promoted or not .. I dont think they are not going to do any promotion, but they are not going to make it a major release or throw a lot of money into promoting it. It will do very well because so many are already aware of it and waiting for it since it was first previewed on the Big screen In UK, NY and LA and when it was shown on national TV. So once the word is out - it will sell like hotcakes, just by word of mouth .. IMO .. Spike Lee has a huge following and just his name alone will sell that DVD .. I think Estate and Sony already know that. They will make an announcement and it will be picked up all over in the media for the initial promotion .. Spike may even do a few interviews. I really think it will do quite well. :)

June? I hope it's early June. I hope it sells well. :)

I think it's fans who are mainly interested in these type of documentaries. I mean non-fans/casual fans may watch it on TV or YouTube, but buying it on DVD - I think non-fans are not interested in that very much. And fans will know about it without promotion.

Yes I think Spike will do some promotion too--whether on his website or an interview. Anyway the DVD will end up in the Michael Jackson One book shop, which also has books from Bush, Vogel, Michael and lots of DVDs. People will buy it there as well, so I can see why the estate will not put too much money into promotion. Also, I found Michael's DVD's in the Grammy museum in LA, so there are a number of places the DVD can be sent to get a wider audience. You never know......

Official source. But I can't say who. Sorry. But at least, there will be no big promotion. Sony will not do that. It's just for fans and those who are interested, the people who will know it's coming no matter what.

Did they say why Sony doesn't want to promote it? Also did the estate hint anything about upcoming projects?

I really hope it will sell great. - The better it sells the better the chances for a similar doc about Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible. - and maybe OTW!

I want all the studio footage we can get, and all the behind the scenes stories etc.

Did they say why Sony doesn't want to promote it? Also did the estate hint anything about upcoming projects?

Is the DVD/Blu-Ray a Sony product?

Spike Lee@SpikeLee25 Mai

"@neverlandstar: @SpikeLee Is the Michael Jackson BAD25 Documentary ever comig out on DVD?"JUNE.

kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

I'm actually tired of caring about promotion and sales figures of MJ things now. Of course I'd love for it to do well but I'm learning that as long as those who truly care about michael (us) have things like this, I'm a happy chappy :) We love michael and nothing can or will change that

I wish here in the US, this doc had just aired on a cable channel like HBO or Showtime instead on ABC. On cable it would have aired numerous times over and over again, vs just that 1 time on ABC.

I notice with other music acts like The Eagles, Beyonce, George Harrison, The Rolling Stones, John Mellecamp, etc., their docs are airing on HBO or Showtime.

It probably will air in full on cable channels, after the DVD is released. To much exposure before release could effect sales.

c58a26ea29b6e797e740d6130ab842d0

Twenty-five years after Michael Jackson’s visionary Bad album and tour left an indelible mark on pop culture, BAD25 takes you back inside the recording sessions, film shoots and sold-out stadiums for an intimate look at the King of Pop’s creative genius. Poignant and candid, Spike Lee directed a documentary that goes beyond paying homage to the record-setting album featuring such iconic songs as “Bad” and “Man In the Mirror.” Using never-seen footage and candid interviews with subjects ranging from Martin Scorsese to Kanye West, Lee chronicles what became not only a watershed moment in Michael Jackson’s growth as an artist but in popular music as well. The New York Times called BAD25 “filled with oh-wow moments,” while Time lauded the film as “an intimate view of a performer at his peak in the intense splendor of creativity.”

Chapters:

BAD Beginnings

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You

The Album Recording Process

The Way You Make Me Feel

Speed Demon

Liberian Girl

Just Good Friends

Another Part Of Me

Dirty Diana

Smooth Criminal

Leave Me Alone

BAD World Tour

Man In The Mirror

Man In The Mirror – Live Performance (BAD World Tour- Wembley Stadium, July 16, 1988)

Credits

DVD : $14.98 ship within 1-2 days

Blue Ray: $ 24.98 ship within 1-2 days

Can order it on MJ official store website

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-documentary

I guess I will be walking to Best Buy to get my copy. I don't like how that website handles orders^^. I always have a lot of problems with them.

Re: Michael Jackson's Bad 25 Documentary Now Available For Sale

credit card payments is working, paypal is giving an error.

Re: Michael Jackson's Bad 25 Documentary Now Available For Sale

:scratch: Ummm, is it just my imagination or are there really no extras listed????

Back