Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: Michael Jackson's Bad 25 Documentary Now Available For Sale

July 2nd is the release date in US so it will be July 1st everywhere else. I would imagine this is the only version that will be released. I can't see a different one coming out later.

July 2nd is the release date in US so it will be July 1st everywhere else. I would imagine this is the only version that will be released. I can't see a different one coming out later.

Is July 1st the release date in Canada or July 2nd? If it's July 1st, that's gonna be the best Canada Day to get it.

No region 2/region B release date or extras?! Noooooooooo!

o. k. it`s now available for preorder in Europe:)

Happy to finally get this, but I think I will wait until if or when it's available on Amazon.

I ordered the bluray yesterday, but hasn't got a confirmation email, nor was my card charged. Am I alone with this issue?

P.S. Gee, is this so hard to post full information about the release, including zones, languages and bonus materials right away? If you are doing a release for fans, it's obvious they'll want to know all the details!

Your card / bank won't be charged until the days it ships out.

As we were told this release will get NO promotion because its made for the fans / "those who know" only.

But whats the point to release this without any extras then?
Thats what Spike Lee promised. Thats what at least 50% of the potentially interested fans would buy it for ...ONLY. If there are no extras, those fans will be happy with the HD recording they made from TV.
Me included. (The TV version in Europe / Germany was the full theatrical version i think)

Someone better tell the estate before its too late and this turns out to be only a pointless cheap cash-in.

Last edited:

As we were told this release will get NO promotion because its made for the fans / "those who know" only.

Thats what Spike Lee promised. Thats what at least 50% of the potentially interested fans would buy it for ...ONLY. If there are no extras, those fans will be happy with the HD recording they made from TV.
Me included. (The TV version in Europe / Germany was the full theatrical version i think)

Someone better tell the estate before its too late and this turns out to be only a pointless cheap cash-in.

I'll probably only buy it for the Another Part Of me Performance, I'm gonna watch the unseen footage and skip the not needed interviews. wish it was a movie D:

I'm remaining optimistic about extras BUT even if there isn't this is the best documentary about Michael since The Legend Continues. I can't wait to finish my bad 25 collection....

I myself NEVER seen it in whole so whatever i see on the docu would be the first time.

I have not seen the whole thing either. I saw an edited version on tv so I would like to see the rest. I am supporting this because it is very positive for Michael and I would like to see more in the future.

Yay UK can pre order too now. I know it doesn't say anything about extras, but it doesn't say there isn't any extras, so I will remain positive. I'll be happy to have it even if there is no bonus footage. :D

Ditto for me @marebear i saw the edited version on tv as well. And i will support this and see the rest.

Hoping it's available around the world, Mexico included. It sucks i can't buy things online... *crossed fingers*

It wouldn't piss me off if there isn't extra material, if only the Justin Beiber part was cut out... :lol:

So I take it no one has tweeted Spike Lee and asked him about the extra footage? I have a very funny feeling about this. More behind the scenes "bulls**t" this film should have been released between Christmas and Febuary. The little bit of spark Bad 25 had has certainly died down. We were promised time and time again that there would be an additional hour of bonus footage so that's exactly what I will expect when my blu ray arrives. Also why was this released out the blue with NO PROMOTION. I called 4 different Best Buy's, a Walmart and a FYE and none of them knew about the release and none of the people I spoke with even knew for sure if they were getting this product.

Re: Michael Jackson's Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Now Available For Sale

I really think the title of this thread should be changed to reflect that you can preorder it. The current title makes people think they can get it now.

Hopefully, there will be certain stores that will have a version of this with extras to draw in customers. I remember Walmart had a two DVD version of This Is It with extras. I'm hoping for a BluRay/DVD combo pack. I suggest that those who want to buy this wait and see what offers will be coming our way. No need to rush and preorder it.

billyworld99;3832532 said:
c58a26ea29b6e797e740d6130ab842d0

Twenty-five years after Michael Jackson’s visionary Bad album and tour left an indelible mark on pop culture, BAD25 takes you back inside the recording sessions, film shoots and sold-out stadiums for an intimate look at the King of Pop’s creative genius. Poignant and candid, Spike Lee directed a documentary that goes beyond paying homage to the record-setting album featuring such iconic songs as “Bad” and “Man In the Mirror.” Using never-seen footage and candid interviews with subjects ranging from Martin Scorsese to Kanye West, Lee chronicles what became not only a watershed moment in Michael Jackson’s growth as an artist but in popular music as well. The New York Times called BAD25 “filled with oh-wow moments,” while Time lauded the film as “an intimate view of a performer at his peak in the intense splendor of creativity.”

Chapters:

BAD Beginnings

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You

The Album Recording Process

The Way You Make Me Feel

Speed Demon

Liberian Girl

Just Good Friends

Another Part Of Me

Dirty Diana

Smooth Criminal

Leave Me Alone

BAD World Tour

Man In The Mirror

Man In The Mirror – Live Performance (BAD World Tour- Wembley Stadium, July 16, 1988)

Credits

DVD : $14.98 ship within 1-2 days

Blue Ray: $ 24.98 ship within 1-2 days

Can order it on MJ official store website

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-documentary

Thank you -

Link to Store -
http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-documentary

Edit: oh stuff i'll get it next week

Pointless cheap cash-in??? are you kidding me??

Spike Lee and everyone involved put so much time and effort behind this project to try to show Michael at his best, instead of the negative we are so use to seeing, and you call it a "pointless cheap cash-in" just because it might not have any "extras" other than the documentary itself? wow

They took a pretty big chance showing this on TV, but I believe they did it in hopes that the fans would buy it regardless and the people that probably wouldn't buy it anyways would get a chance to see how creative and special Michael really was.

If your a true fan you should buy Bad 25 regardless of any "extras" its not just a great documentary that you would enjoy and every fan should have but also to show that there is still demand for Michael Jackson and that we want more great projects about him. I would love to see something just like this but about Dangerous :)

Re: Michael Jackson's Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order - Page 152

I placed my order for the Blu-Ray.

Re: Michael Jackson's Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order - Page 152

I tweeted Spike in regards to extras but he never responded and I sent it twice

Oh Oh so some are complaining & whining again. Well at least the rest are happy...

I tweeted Spike in regards to extras but he never responded and I sent it twice

I asked him too and he never replied.

He did retweet me when I said I had ordered the DVD though!

Oh Oh so some are complaining & whining again. Well at least the rest are happy...

So you don't want extras? I think the documentary is amazing and I have been waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray so I can watch the extras. But it seems that there isn't any so I'm dissapointed. I would pre-order it right now if there would be extras. :)

So you don't want extras? I think the documentary is amazing and I have been waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray so I can watch the extras. But it seems that there isn't any so I'm dissapointed. I would pre-order it right now if there would be extras. :)

Have you even seen the full unedited version of the documentary? That alone is one reason why we should buy/preorder this, and the fact that it's coming out on blu-ray/DVD. With that logic you have there would be no point in buying movies that you already seen in the cinema if it doesn't contain any extras. But people buy movies all the time regardless if there are extras or not. Extras are cool and whatnot but they are not the focal point of the release, the movie itself is. If some people are considering not buying it because of the extras then that is ridiculous and makes me lose a lil faith in our fanbase.

Last edited:

Good point, but the added extras are what distributors rely on these days to help entice people to actually buy it rather than make do with an illegal download.

Have you even seen the full unedited version of the documentary? That alone is one reason why should buy/preorder this, and the fact that it's coming out on blu-ray/DVD. With that logic you have there would be no point in buying movies that you already seen in the cinema if it doesn't contain any extras. But people buy movies all the time regardless if there are extras or not. Extras are cool and whatnot but they are not the focal point of the release, the movie itself is. If some people are considering not buying it because of the extras then that is ridiculous and makes me lose a lil faith in our fanbase.

I have seen the full 2 hour version. I will buy this eventually but I'm in no hurry right now. I rarely buy new movies on DVD without extras. When I buy movies I usually buy the 2-disc special edition DVD. Extra material is very important to me. I hope they just haven't listed all the content and it will have extras.

Back