Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary will be released in July- Available For Pre Order

I hope it will have LOTS of extra material.

MJ rehearsing, MJ in the studio, MJ fooling around having fun. - A LOT of never before seen footage of MJ!!!

I am not very intrested in more interviews of people talking about MJ - I simply want MJ himself!!!

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary will be released in July- Available For Pre Order

This whole 'only available from michaeljackson.com' thing irks me.

I'd rather see it available at retailers based in my own country.

I'm pretty sure DVDs are subject to customs charges when they are imported from the US to the UK - I really don't wanna be stuck paying another 10 pounds in customs duty.

And while I'm at it. I'd buy just to have some of this footage in Blu-ray quality. I thought the documentary overall reduced MJs contributions on Bad to merely that of a singer. It was a nice attempt but you'd never come away from that documentary thinking MJ wrote the whole thing himself...unless of course you caught them mentioning it briefly which I think they may do. And I still find it weird that the footage of MJ recording Todo Mi Amour was overdubbed with the final mixed version from the single. Shame.

Oh yeah, and no surprise if no extra features. Classic Estate!

Last edited:

And while I'm at it. I'd buy just to have some of this footage in Blu-ray quality. I thought the documentary overall reduced MJs contributions on Bad to merely that of a singer. It was a nice attempt but you'd never come away from that documentary thinking MJ wrote the whole thing himself...unless of course you caught them mentioning it briefly which I think they may do.

THAT really bothered me about this otherwise nice attempt of a documentary, too! That and way too little footage of the master speaking about his art HIMSELF.

guys

as far as I was able to gather information

- it's region free
- only going to be sold on michaeljackson web store
- it's the director's cut - no extra content

it's region free

Does that mean like it can be used any dvd player be it if it was made in usa or australia?

gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha1.gif

Of course it will be in stores once it is released in July.. Why wouldn't it be ?
I think some deliberately try to sabotage releases from the Estate with these unsourced unfounded rumours. This is just an announcement of the release with a presale - I'm quite certain full info will come with the release in July if not before. No one is forcing anyone to buy it now. They are not going to run out of DVD's .... SO there will be plenty of time for the complainers to buy it and begin nitpicking, bashing and and tearing Spikes Lees Doc to pieces (Just as they did BAd 25) once it is released. I know some are in a pathetic hurry to do so but they just got to be patient like the rest who will appreciate the love and work Spike Lee put into it. .

BILLIANT!!!

This is the pre-sale which is on the website.

What is the value of seeing dredge in every campaign coming out of the estate before you get ALL the details? This has become an alarming trend perpetuated by a few. I can understand complaining about something after you get it, when you really have evidence of the errors, but what is the point of doing it before? Then you flood that man with a million tweets to drive him crazy. How would you like to look at your phone and see a constant barrage of tweets about the same thing over & over by different people?

Worse some fans see the complaints written by a few and begin to think these are confirmed facts. Two posts down you see these fans begin to ask questions like "it is not in stores?" This is how rumors start. No official statement was made that this product will not be in stores. One alarmist decides that if they try to cut costs, the product will be sent to the online market, & this then causes some to question if the item will be in stores.

Also, even though the UK saw 2 hours, the US audience only say about 60 minutes when you minus the ads/commercials. Not everyone record shows from tv, so these types of fans would like to see the original 2 hours.

IMWhizzle I understand your concerns. Last month or April, I had my whole identity stolen--my actual bank account number, address, phone number, social security number--all from buying on the internet when they ask for personal information. A fraudster sent me an e-mail will ALL my information. I had to run to the bank the next day and change my account. I was told that the next time I should bring the e-mail (which I deleted), and to contact the government agency that deals with identity theft. The bank suggests that I buy a credit card, put money on it, and use that only for online buying. I think everyone should do that.

Last edited:

I asked if it was in stores because I was getting confused what I was reading here.

Does that mean like it can be used any dvd player be it if it was made in usa or australia?

yes

--------------------------

I understand the desire of more information and not wanting negativity.

Earlier in the day I sent an email to the Online Team asking for info. As far as they know

- it's region free

Perhaps Estate can change their minds in the future and make it available in stores and so on but as of now it doesn't seem to be the case.

Of course it will be in stores once it is released in July.. Why wouldn't it be ?
I think some deliberately try to sabotage releases from the Estate with these unsourced unfounded rumours. This is just an announcement of the release with a presale - I'm quite certain full info will come with the release in July if not before. No one is forcing anyone to buy it now. They are not going to run out of DVD's .... SO there will be plenty of time for the complainers to buy it and begin nitpicking, bashing and and tearing Spikes Lees Doc to pieces (Just as they did BAd 25) once it is released. I know some are in a pathetic hurry to do so but they just got to be patient like the rest who will appreciate the love and work Spike Lee put into it. .

Who would sabotage this release? Fans do not have power over the distribution methods.

I will buy this DVD/Blu-Ray as I did the other Bad25 products.

However, it is extremely disappointing to see this documentary being sold almost in secret. It feels as if fans are being punished for not making Bad25 the seller Thriller was or Bad was in 1980's. Hopefully the money that is being saved with this method will be invested in the next MJ project.

However, it is extremely disappointing to see this documentary being sold almost in secret. It feels as if fans are being punished for not making Bad25 the seller Thriller was or Bad was in 1980's. Hopefully the money that is being saved with this method will be invested in the next MJ project.

I don't think it's a "punishment". Why to spend money on a PR campaign, when at the end it will only be fans buying it? And those fans will know about it whether there is a campaign or not.

I thought the documentary overall reduced MJs contributions on Bad to merely that of a singer. It was a nice attempt but you'd never come away from that documentary thinking MJ wrote the whole thing himself...unless of course you caught them mentioning it briefly which I think they may do.

Yes, that's something that I didn't like either that it didn't emphasize enough that Michael wrote most of the album. They talked a lot about how Siedah wrote MITM, how MJ didn't write Just Good Friends, but I too wondered if a non-fan would watch it would he know after this that MJ wrote most of the songs on that album? I don't know, but I too thought his creative input should have been emphasized more.

I still like this docu and will buy it.

Having this documentary available is a blessing regardless if there are extras or not. Spike Lee or the Estate didn't have to do this. People come to expect alot which is sad. This documentary alone stands on its own as we get to see behind the scenes with Michael and his creative process. Not alot of fan communities have this available to them. I extend my gratitude to both Spike Lee and the Estate for doing this.
Yes, thank you so much! that's what I feel like also.... why so much complaining? gosh, some people are not satisfied if they don't let that nitpicking fan persona out

ivy;3836038 said:
Earlier in the day I sent an email to the Online Team asking for info. As far as they know

- it's region free

Only sold on MJ web store??? - That is SO weird! - NOONE exept fans, and that means fans on fan forums, not fans in general, will even know about the release!!???? WTF!! - Like they do not want people to see the doc!?? Hope at least it will be available on Netflix and/or other stream sites!

NO EXTRA CONTENT???? - ARE YOU #¤%&"#¤ KIDDING ME ???? WTF ?? - Jesus Christ help me understand SONY, The Estate or who else is behind this release!!??

BAD25 the doc is GREAT!! - Nice work from Spike Lee - why don't they want people to see this doc???

I can't wait to get this on Blu-Ray. Still haven't seen the 2 hour version, so I can't wait! - BUT I really had hoped/expected some extra materiale!!

Who releases a DVD/Blu-Ray with no extra content at all?? - Only SONY/ESTATE when it is MJ related! - It's like they want is to be a failure! :(

Who releases a DVD/Blu-Ray with no extra content at all?? - Only SONY/ESTATE when it is MJ related! - It's like they want is to be a failure! :(

Don't forget Spike Lee and 40 Acres. He is as much a part of this release as Sony or the Estate, if not more. We don't know who made which decisions.

Does anyone think that WAY back when Spike said there would be 1 hour extra of material, he was meaning for the U.S. audience who only saw the ABC version? (as in, the 1 extra hour is the full version aired on BBC/theaters?)

In any case, it'd be really disappointing if there were no extras on this.
The film itself is great and I'll pick it up, but yeah.
It's not like it's a time or money issue to put together extra stuff on the disc.

Be that as it may, I guess we won't know for sure for a little bit.

Don't forget Spike Lee and 40 Acres. He is as much a part of this release as Sony or the Estate, if not more. We don't know who made which decisions.

BUT - Spike can't release footage of MJ if SONY/The Estate won't allow him to use it. - SONY and The Estate owns the footage and has it in their possesion I guess, so without their blessings he can't release MJ footage.

yes

- it's region free

Perhaps Estate can change their minds in the future and make it available in stores and so on but as of now it doesn't seem to be the case.

What I've bolded & Underlined, that's just plain RIDICULOUS!! I mean seriously?!?!

Yeah, that is bizarre. I can understand at first being an online exclusive, THEN in stores. But, yeah.
This makes me nervous about future releases (ie Dangerous 25, etc.)

I'm one who was somewhat disappointed in the Bad 25 Documentary. I enjoyed it for what it was, but at the same time felt a lot of things could and should have been done differently. What could have been a classic in my eyes, was in the end, just okay. That aside, the way the release of this has been handled has been pathetic. At this point, as sorry as I am to say it, I have zero faith in the estate, and no hope in future products by them.

Hess;3836189 said:
Only sold on MJ web store??? - That is SO weird! - NOONE exept fans, and that means fans on fan forums, not fans in general, will even know about the release!!???? WTF!! - Like they do not want people to see the doc!?? Hope at least it will be available on Netflix and/or other stream sites!

NO EXTRA CONTENT???? - ARE YOU #¤%&"#¤ KIDDING ME ???? WTF ?? - Jesus Christ help me understand SONY, The Estate or who else is behind this release!!??

BAD25 the doc is GREAT!! - Nice work from Spike Lee - why don't they want people to see this doc???

I can't wait to get this on Blu-Ray. Still haven't seen the 2 hour version, so I can't wait! - BUT I really had hoped/expected some extra materiale!!

I'm disappointed as well....But can we really be surprised?

Like the infamous star on youtube Sweet Brown now famous phase "Ain't Nobody Got Time for That". Meaning I got no time for some fans who overreacts and/or just wanna complain about EVERYTHING. It's your choice if u want to wait and see approach if more materials are announce I get it, BUT be damn if it don't because unlike me and ALOT other who haven't seen the documentary it at all. I will be still be ok if they don't add anything, that doesn't mean I don't like extras but in my early post I said I just saw the HEAVILY edited version on ABC so I know whenever I see the WHOLE movie will be new/extra to me AND ALOT others who are just like me.

yes

- it's region free

Ok thanks ivy i appericate it :)

Really hope the estate do change their minds in the future to release this in stores as alot of fans are not able to buy it online

^^ Now that I DEFINITELY agree with Everybody on here. Is that I hope it is release in stores because like most people in certain countries they can't get it online.

I don't think it's a "punishment". Why to spend money on a PR campaign, when at the end it will only be fans buying it? And those fans will know about it whether there is a campaign or not.

Michael Jackson fans come in all types. Not all of those types are on online forums, have internet access, have the product delivered to their address of choice, and/or are able to use the payment methods offered.

It is not fans' fault the Bad25 project did not succeed in the way Sony and/or the Estate projected. Fans are not sabotaging this DVD/Blu-Ray release either.

I will get the DVD/Blu-Ray because I will always support Michael. However, it does not mean I cannot be disappointed in the distribution and the promotion method chosen.

Last edited:

I want to say something that was said in 2010 when we had these same complaints--the estate cannot put everything on one project, because Michael is GONE; he is not here to provide us with any new material even if LaToya's spiritualist contacted him on her show; material has to be left for future projects as well, since we are not sure when the world will end; newer & newer fans will have something new to look forward to, if all the material is not released at once; older fans will have something to look forward to, if all the material is not released at once.

The next thing is that rather than complaining, the people who are experts in
music,
distribution,
product marketing,
how to create an album,
how to fix a VHS tape,
how to make an illusion using Michael's videos, &
those who know where all Michael footage is
should send their detailed resume to the estate in advance & also provide them with their valuable knowledge so that the estate would not hire incompetent people to do a job that you can do better than them. In that way there will be NO More Screw Ups in your eyes.

I remember when TII was coming out and fans were complaining how could Sony & Estate show the movie in a few cinemas for only 2 weeks, how they wanted to see the show over & over, and on & on. So I really thought fans were going to see the show a lot of times. When I say a lot of times, I mean like 5 + times. Then a poll was done after TII and guess what, I think most fans saw the show 1 or 2 times. Few saw that show for more than 15 times. I think 1 guy saw it about 30 times. I know I saw it about 17 times, plus I bought several tickets for friends and clients. Then TII was extended in some cinemas I guess after they saw a lot of people going to the show. My point is that people complain in advance about things; then when they get it, they don't take advantage of it in the way they said they would, when they were complaining.

Michael Jackson fans come in all types. Not all of those types are on online forums, have internet access, have the product delivered to their address of choice, and/or are able to use the payment methods offered.

I will get the DVD/Blu-Ray because I will always support Michael. However, it does not mean I cannot be disappointed in the distribution and the promotion method chosen.

Well said! I totally agree with you 100%

I want to say something that was said in 2010 when we had these same complaints--the estate cannot put everything on one project, because Michael is GONE; he is not here to provide us with any new material even if LaToya's spiritualist contacted him on her show; material has to be left for future projects as well, since we are not sure when the world will end; newer & newer fans will have something new to look forward to, if all the material is not released at once; older fans will have something to look forward to, if all the material is not released at once.

The next thing is that rather than complaining, the people who are experts in
music,
distribution,
product marketing,
how to create an album,
how to fix a VHS tape,
how to make an illusion using Michael's videos, &
those who know where all Michael footage is
should send their detailed resume to the estate in advance & also provide them with their valuable knowledge so that the estate would not hire incompetent people to do a job that you can do better than them. In that way there will be NO More Screw Ups in your eyes.

I remember when TII was coming out and fans were complaining how could Sony & Estate show the movie in a few cinemas for only 2 weeks, how they wanted to see the show over & over, and on & on. So I really thought fans were going to see the show a lot of times. When I say a lot of times, I mean like 5 + times. Then a poll was done after TII and guess what, I think most fans saw the show 1 or 2 times. Few saw that show for more than 15 times. I think 1 guy saw it about 30 times. I know I saw it about 17 times, plus I bought several tickets for friends and clients. Then TII was extended in some cinemas I guess after they saw a lot of people going to the show. My point is that people complain in advance about things; then when they get it, they don't take advantage of it in the way they said they would, when they were complaining.

Brilliant post Petrarose, espeacially the bolded part :D

I don't qualify any of above but I'm still thinking sending my resume in case they need an archivist or something.

I have to admit that I am disappointed that it seems that we're not getting extra material...But I'm not devastated...I'm just ecstatic that it's coming out on Bluray/DVD in the first place because I've only seen the edited version.

I have to admit that I am disappointed that it seems that we're not getting extra material...But I'm not devastated...I'm just ecstatic that it's coming out on Bluray/DVD in the first place because I've only seen the edited version.

Me too. Can't wait to see the full doc.

I can't wait for it to be released on Blu-Ray so I can see it in good quality on my big screen!

Back