Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: Michael Jackson's Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order - Page 152

image.jpg

Has everyone see this? He also said in a previous tweet it was "his cut" of the documentary

Re: Michael Jackson's Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order - Page 152

I heard the contents of dvd and bluray are not finalized yet, so I assume that's why extras are not listed.

Good point, but the added extras are what distributors rely on these days to help entice people to actually buy it rather than make do with an illegal download.

Wrong. What makes you think that people who pirate movies can't also pirate the extras?????

What's wrong with wanting more Michael? I've already seen this doc 1000 times and I still have it from when I recorded it. Why should I bother getting it unless their is something different? I won't just buy everything they put out anymore. It has to be worth buying - atm this isn't for me.

image.jpg
Has everyone see this? He also said in a previous tweet it was "his cut" of the documentary

Spike says "YES" there will be extended version ( Extras) region free worldwide

Thank you .. This is just pre sale so they just don't have the extras listed yet

So if you are concerned just wait till it is released in July or till content is listed to purchase it ...

You Can Pre-order it on MJ official store website which also has link to pay with your Amazon account

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-documentary

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order (Extras included) - Page 152

Oh, please, they have had 6 months for preparing the extras or anything as a whole BAD25 project, not arguing ... if, what, when... how..., or not...

Re: Michael Jackson's Bad 25 Documentary Now Available For Sale

Pointless cheap cash-in??? are you kidding me??

Spike Lee and everyone involved put so much time and effort behind this project to try to show Michael at his best, instead of the negative we are so use to seeing, and you call it a "pointless cheap cash-in" just because it might not have any "extras" other than the documentary itself? wow

Uh-uh ...someone said something possibly negative... :busted:

Well, I did not mean to say that releasing this great documentary on DVD/BluRay is a pointless cheap cash-in!

What i WOULD call a pointless cheap cash-in is the business move to take no extra efforts and keep costs low by just dropping the docu on the DVD/BluRay market as it is. Making it a double DVD including the 1 hour of extras, that according to Spike Lee do exist, is obviously more expensive.

Extras would be a major sales argument to use for pre-selling it to fans. The absence of that is just telling.
Anyway, in the end i hope its happening as Spike Lee says. :)

Last edited:

I have seen the full 2 hour version. I will buy this eventually but I'm in no hurry right now. I rarely buy new movies on DVD without extras. When I buy movies I usually buy the 2-disc special edition DVD. Extra material is very important to me. I hope they just haven't listed all the content and it will have extras.

I understand what you saying. Seriously, with the outrageous prices of Blurays, it really should be jammed packed with everything they can put on it.

I haven't even seen the full 2 hours yet.

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order (Extra footage included)

hoping the extra footage isn't dubbed and extras include the full 35mm filmed man in the mirror that the short clip came from, mesmerising quality that was! hoping for more un-dubbed studio footage, behind the scenes and so much more. Blu-Ray has 50GB of space, hope they use up every MB available!

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary Available For Pre Order (Extra footage included)

If there was going to be studio footage it would be advertised - big event seeing the master at work. Can't see it going without a mention

It would be great to see uncut studio footage with Michael singing and creating music. Not just short clips here and there like in the documentary. For example they should include full version of this I Just Can't Stop Loving You as an extra:

Things like that would be great extra material.

Last edited:

Wrong. What makes you think that people who pirate movies can't also pirate the extras?????

Did I say it was clear cut? No. I said it helps. I'm refering to the consumer, not the pirate.

They obv don't know how much studio footage means to us

You Can Pre-order it on MJ official store website which also has link to purchase from Amazon

amazon link?

amazon link?

On the payment page There is a paypal and credit card option and also an Amazon payment option. Meaing you can pay through your Amazon account too. So it doesn't mean it can be ordered on Amazon but you can pay using your Amazon account. I will edit my post to read ..

You Can Pre-order it on MJ official store website which also has link to pay with your Amazon account

It would be great to see uncut studio footage with Michael singing and creating music. Not just short clips here and there like in the documentary. For example they should include full version of this I Just Can't Stop Loving You as an extra:

Things like that would be great extra material.

I also seen the full length version in New York. By the different camera angles it looks to me like this songs and Just Good Friends somewhat were recorded as a music video. I found it kind of ironic that these 2 songs; the only songs on the album with no music video were the only 2 songs were they showed music videos. But anyway I really hope there's more behind the scenes material and not an hour of commentary. I also hope they show some studio footage of unreleased songs too.

I also seen the full length version in New York. By the different camera angles it looks to me like this songs and Just Good Friends somewhat were recorded as a music video. I found it kind of ironic that these 2 songs; the only songs on the album with no music video were the only 2 songs were they showed music videos. But anyway I really hope there's more behind the scenes material and not an hour of commentary. I also hope they show some studio footage of unreleased songs too.
I agree with you on that. It doesn't physically look like they are singing the actual vocals that were on the album.

On the payment page There is a paypal and credit card option and also an Amazon payment option. Meaing you can pay through your Amazon account too. So it doesn't mean it can be ordered on Amazon but you can pay using your Amazon account. I will edit my post to read ..

So do i have to pay only with an amazon account? cuz i dont have amazon

So do i have to pay only with an amazon account? cuz i dont have amazon
I stated there is also paypal and credit card option, you can also use your bank debit card under the credit card option

On the payment page There is a paypal and credit card option and also an Amazon payment option

I stated there is also paypal and credit card option, you can also use your bank debit card under the credit card option

ok thanks

Sure they know .. Spike say the Doc does have extra footage ..

What I get from his tweet is no direct confirmation we are getting footage we haven't seen before in the 2 hour tv broadcasts of the documentary. Spike could easily refer to the 2 hour version (as seen on BBC) when he speaks of an 'extended version', especially when you compare it to the standard 1 hour version (as seen on the ABC). Spike did promise 1 hour of extra footage, however he does not lie if he follows the following logic: 1 hour of ABC version + 1 hour of extra footage= 2 hour BBC version :D (sorry for not being too cheerful yet).

What I get from his tweet is no direct confirmation we are getting footage we haven't seen before in the 2 hour tv broadcasts of the documentary. Spike could easily refer to the 2 hour version (as seen on BBC) when he speaks of an 'extended version', especially when you compare it to the standard 1 hour version (as seen on the ABC). Spike did promise 1 hour of extra footage, however he does not lie if he follows the following logic: 1 hour of ABC version + 1 hour of extra footage= 2 hour BBC version :D (sorry for not being too cheerful yet).

i was also thinking this but I'm going to remain positive and think that Spike will stay true to his word.

Having this documentary available is a blessing regardless if there are extras or not. Spike Lee or the Estate didn't have to do this. People come to expect alot which is sad. This documentary alone stands on its own as we get to see behind the scenes with Michael and his creative process. Not alot of fan communities have this available to them. I extend my gratitude to both Spike Lee and the Estate for doing this.

image.jpg

Dunno what to make of this? Is he saying just 2 hour version or 2 hours of extras?

image.jpg

Dunno what to make of this? Is he saying just 2 hour version or 2 hours of extras?

He says it`s the original version with 2 hours.

Thought as much. Still avoiding the extras question. I'm taking positives in this.

Back