Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

I got a Bluray player recently and I'm also looking for the Bluray version of the documentary. I already have the DVD version but I want Bluray!

I am downloading a 9gb 1080p copy of this. I really want to buy it, pay for it. But it looks like they dont want to have my money.

A friend bought a signed copy of the BAD blu-ray off of Spike's website. Perhaps some are still available.

I got my DVD courtesy of the very kind Petrarose because the official site wouldn't ship to my country.

Petra, if you are reading this - thanks a lot and I'm forever grateful :)

A friend bought a signed copy of the BAD blu-ray off of Spike's website. Perhaps some are still available.
Hi. Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize he sold stuff on his site.
I checked and he is selling it. But it's really pricey ($50) and only blue ray.

Wow. It's actually rare then. I didn't even have a blu-ray player when I ordered it, I do now.

It's a shame something like this is so hard to find. I'm not the documentary's biggest fan but when you think of the other titles that are readily available it feels as though this one should be among them.

Further drives home, to me, what a mess the Estate made of the Bad 25 project.

With the announcement of the OTW documentary, hopefully the powers that be are smart enough to have the Bad documentary available for purchase at the release of OTW.

Wow I cant even see this on Ebay. Never knew it was stopped being distributed!

Jeez-I guess it has become a collectors item. All the people who rushed in and bought it certainly aren't trying to resell it. I've been watching for months.
It's just infuriating that they advertise it along with all the press for the new OTW one.

Jeez-I guess it has become a collectors item. All the people who rushed in and bought it certainly aren't trying to resell it. I've been watching for months.
It's just infuriating that they advertise it along with all the press for the new OTW one.

I'd expect that if Spike is indeed producing a trio of these that some boxset will eventually be released.

Looks like the Bad 25 documentary is back in the official MJ store. You have to click on a few different links to get to it however. There are 2 listings for it and it doesn't specify which one is the DVD and which is the bluray. I'm assuming the more expensive one is the bluray.

Ok!!! I'm heading there now!!

Edit: nothing like taking it off the market to raise my desire thru the roof!!! I ran over and threw it in my cart like a crazy woman.
I hope I bought the right one! Lol. I don't have a blu Ray player so I went with the cheaper one. Thanks, Eric!

Last edited:
^^ I don't understand, is there a difference between the bluray and the other ones on torrent sites? Like extra material or something?

^^ I don't understand, is there a difference between the bluray and the other ones on torrent sites? Like extra material or something?
excuse my ignorance but a torrent site is like iTunes? There's no extra material but I wanted a physical DVD that I could hold in my hand.
I just waited to buy it bc I was hoping they would reissue it with some extras, but instead they took it off the market.
So I'm buying it NOW.

Lolz, i thought this stuff was common knowledge.

The file online thru torrents or whatever is either a Blu Ray or DVD rip of the film, or the broadcast versions (BBC/ABC/etc).

Lolz, i thought this stuff was common knowledge.

The file online thru torrents or whatever is either a Blu Ray or DVD rip of the film, or the broadcast versions (BBC/ABC/etc).
So does that mean that torrents are illegal?
I thought torrents just meant online version.

So does that mean that torrents are illegal?
I thought torrents just meant online version.

Torrents are not illegal. But material you're downloading is in most cases illegal. Torrent sites are the same thing as let's say Megaupload or Mediafire. They are just sites for sharing material. And that material can be legal and illegal. If you're downloading something I let's say recorded from TV and I want to share it with you or something I wrote/composed/recorded... that is legal. If you're downloading something copyrighted like CD rips or DVD rips that is illegal. The only difference between sites like Megaupload and torrent sites is that on Megaupload you're downloading something someone already uploaded on the internet and if you are using torrent you are downloading directly from someone else's computer on your computer. It's called peer to peer. For downloading material you first need to download torrent file from the torrent sites like Pirate Bay and then you have to open it with one of the torrent applications like utorrent to start downloading that material on your computer. It's much easier way than Megaupload and others because you can download all files at once and files of unlimited size, but it is often slower than sites like Megaupload because you are depending on uploader's internet speed while on Megaupload and similar sites that is not the problem because the user has already uploaded that material on the internet and you are downloading it from there.

Back