Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

Thanks speechless

I saw a commercial too last night. I just miss him. I saw a glimpse of the AMAs last night and they showed the times Michael was there. That made me smile too.

Is the ABC airing of Bad 25 in the US only going to be an hour and a half long? I'm looking at the schedule online, and it says 8:30-10:00. That is a LOT cut out of the doc, given its more than 2 hours long. :/

If that's the case, I might just wait for the BBC airing...

Yeah the ABC is like 1 1/2 hrs this Thursday. I will watch it and I am going to get the dvd in February which will have more on it.

Anyone know if the USA airing will be commercial-free at least??

90 minutes with commercials is basically only an hour..

How they gonna cut out over an hour of material??

I doubt it will be commercial free in USA. It's a network station ABC - A lot will be edited to fit in that time slot
Many of us wont see it in full untill the DVD is released in February. But my hope it will bring more recognition to Michael and bring people on board to support him and his work, who may have not been fans in the Past. Its getting tons of promo and it would be great if it could break records in the Most viewed program on ABC

Doess BBC2 also have commercials ?

No commercials on the BBC.
What is the actual running time of the full doc? Is there a possibility that this is the full version.

I just hope the BBC are not planning on putting in an edited version of 'Live at Wembley' into this time too... I do remember someone originally saying that they were planning a BAD night with the concert.

I was going to download the ABC broadcast at the weekend but will now most likely wait for this! :)

Michael Jackson the King of Pop still lives.....
Now,
angel3l.gif
Michael Jackson
angel3r.gif
is just in some parallel world they call
Paradise.

:hug:

Thank you Cherubim. :hug:
I appreciate your caring nature and you seeming to
understanding the pain and anguish I was feeling at that moment.

I promise, I won't stray off topic again.

Found out last night that the documentary will be shown in australia on 29th this month!!!! :wild: :wild: :dancin: cant wait

^ what station? Hope it's on free-to-air

So, the ABC version will be like a rather long preview of the dvd.
I hope it boosts up the sales esp. from casual fans or soon-to-be fans.
I don't think many of them have been keep themselves updated or counting down the days until the release date, like we do, so the impact of the airing will be pretty big.

OMG! I just saw the commercial on TV for the first time for the Spike Lee Documentary.
Those few seconds of seeing Michael sent shivers up and down my spine. He is the baddest!!
I dam near cried. :cry: Why oh why did you have to die MJ?!! :boohoo:

I'm sorry you guys
I sure did have the same type of experience :hug:
I guess you got hyped looking at the commercial, but the next thing you know it brought you to tears. Sometimes it hits you like that.

Anyone know if the USA airing will be commercial-free at least??

90 minutes with commercials is basically only an hour..

How they gonna cut out over an hour of material??
I have a feeling that a large portion of the airing is probably the interviews of other celebs. Some of the edited parts might be Michael's behind-the-scene moments, never-before-seen, candid ones.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't much like that presenters methods though. Constantly bringing up the false scandals. Is that really necessary when interviewing a famous director about a documentary on an album?

What a cynical boring life he must lead.

I'm glad he asked 'why' though with regard to Prince saying no. Sadly, no answer.

Bbc are doing their best to belittle mj by advertising the doc as mjs last truely successful album release in their attempt get attention for the show.

Bbc are doing their best to belittle mj by advertising the doc as mjs last truely successful album release in their attempt get attention for the show.

No change there, then.

BBC have always treated MJ like shit.

Are they advertising it and what they said?

Yes, are trailers running on bbc now elusive?

Hey, i'm just glad they're showing the doc after all the trouble they've got themselves into lately. At least they're calling bad a success and not the disappointing follow up to thriller.

So excited to see 2 1/4 hrs of this documentary.
@speechless - thanks for the confirmation.

A friend on f.b who works in the media/publishing. they get tv listings etc earlier than others saw it. dont think the bbc are promoting it yet

Only a few days left....dont mind if the tv version isnt complete.Will get the blu-ray release anyway :)

They will soon.

What the media give with one hand they snatch back with the other!

I don't remember them taking a similar approach with Paul Simon's Graceland, they were just happy to celebrate that amazing album without degrading another aspect of his career or the follow-up albums. Why is there always an agenda when it comes to MJ?

Maybe you should wait until complain. We don`t know if they really say something degrading. Nothing has aired yet or I`m wrong?

Now it is BBC 2 and not BBC 5.

Be happy about 2,15 hour wonderful documetation airing on the best time.

Just noticed the ABC version is 90 minutes, so with commercials, probably 70ish minutes? Lame.
Oh well. That's what the DVD will be for :)

What the media give with one hand they snatch back with the other!

I don't remember them taking a similar approach with Paul Simon's Graceland, they were just happy to celebrate that amazing album without degrading another aspect of his career or the follow-up albums. Why is there always an agenda when it comes to MJ?

because the media has always had an agenda when it comes to mj. they have to keep him in his place and try to re write history with their lies.they wont be happy and wont stop until they can wipe him from history and devalue and degrade everything about the subhuman in order to brainwash generation after generation

LOL aww true, I prove it everytime I watch any of his short films on tv rofl :heart:

WATCH a sneak peek of Spike Lee's documentary BAD25 airing this Thursday, November 22 at 8:30 PM EST on ABC ! http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/bad25-documentary-sneak-peak
T_T too bad they won't air it in my country, at least not soon.. :mat: I wish I still had abc channel!

Yay clip!

Back